Quantcast
Lmangla

Work, work, work

Work!  

18 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What is your favourite profession/genre in dramaland?

• chaebol, preferably owns shopping mall
    • police, spends lots of time in stakeouts and in need of shower
    • doctor, always genius, highly stressed and doing complicated surgery
    • lawyer, talks a lot
    • loan sharks with red/yellow or some colourful suits if boss, black suit if junior henchmen

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/02/2019 at 09:53 PM

Oh @Lawyerh I forgot to put him in my list , but he was not shady of course . I miss him too . He was a bit more shady in Life as a corporate hot shot who needed to restructure the hospital to help the shareholders make more money .  Hope he comes back to dramaland soon.  SF 2 if possible. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

@triplem, don't forget that Koreans distinguish between lawyers and prosecutors! So, prosecutors didn't even make the list of kdrama professions in this quiz.  So, all those guys you named don't count. :lol:

I didn't know that!... so it is like two separate genres then? lawyer dramas and prosecutor dramas?

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Voted for the policeman!
BUT! In fact, I like the drama about ordinary office workers more. Gray mice that work to loss of consciousness and exhaustion.:sweatingbullets: The main thing is that there would be a lot of such workers in the drama and they would have a friendly team.
In general, as always, it all comes down to friendship, which is more important to me than anything else in the world. As in dramas, and in life.:wub:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Friendly kitty said:

BUT! In fact, I like the drama about ordinary office workers more

Have u try to watch Feel Good to Die? I like it very much. Because its depict life of normal office worker. There's supernatural element of it, which is time jump. But overall it's still quite realistic for me...

I agree with you, as much as we love chaebol / detective / lawyer, at the end of the day its also very comforting to see drama that is close to our ordinary working in real life too.

@nohamahamoud2002 @phoenix24 @gm4queen

• Like 3
  • Love 3

15 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

Have u try to watch Feel Good to Die? I like it very much. Because its depict life of normal office worker. There's supernatural element of it, which is time jump.

Started to watch, but I did not like this drama. All subordinates said that their boss is bad ... but in fact he is the perfect boss. And even scolded them, but always in the case. Yes, and the supernatural here only bothered me and did not let me cry over the unfortunate fate of the heroes. After all, I knew that later they would fix everything and there would be no problems. <_<

No, I like the dramas about the work of Introverted Boss, Misaeng - Incomplete Life and Radiant Office. And of these three, the Radiant Office was the one I liked the most ...

Remembered. I also love dramas about filming a drama. This is also a work, and a very serious, hard work ... Most of all I love the drama "On Air". Very, very good thing!:wub:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Oh so many genres and professions left out.  Like @Friendly kitty for me it is about the relationships and the story.  Are they a person that I would root for, then it doesn't matter the profession.  They can even be a thief.   For example if it's more like robin hood.  Probably more likely in joseon era vs modern time.  In drama,  we often see those who are worse than thieves in drama.  They're just smart and steal legally so that's why for me profession not as important.  

Feel Good To Die made the mundane interesting with many good lessons and things to think about.   Hope those who haven't watch would give it a try.  Out of that list though, I guess I end up watching more doctor.

• Like 5

On 5/2/2019 at 9:05 AM, Lawyerh said:

Have u try to watch Feel Good to Die? I like it very much. Because its depict life of normal office worker. There's supernatural element of it, which is time jump. But overall it's still quite realistic for me...

I agree with you, as much as we love chaebol / detective / lawyer, at the end of the day its also very comforting to see drama that is close to our ordinary working in real life too.

@nohamahamoud2002 @phoenix24 @gm4queen

Haha trying to promote it here? :D

• LOL 4

8 hours ago, Friendly kitty said:

I also love dramas about filming a drama.

I pretty sure remember that there is a drama that Kim Jae Wook started it talks about being a chef..and we have a assistant script writer? Called Temperature of love, have you watched it?

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

13 hours ago, triplem said:

Yes. I am aware . That’s why I did not vote for Lawyers. :D But i notice the prosecutors seem to have a lot more power ( than the cops ) & are more involved in the investigations than other countries. Do you think so ? 

I also like JCW in SP . So nice to have him back from the military. Surely we can expect some great fan service . 

Prosecutors are definitely held in higher esteem in Korean society. I find it interesting that prosecutors have their own independent investigators rather than just relying on the policemen. That fact alone means that prosecutors are more involved in investigations than a number of other countries where the prosecutor has to rely on the case that the police bring them, and if they want to do further investigations, they have to instruct the police to do them.

As for JCW, I read that he's back from the army and already committed to a drama, though the plot of that drama sounds a bit iffy to me. Then again, one never knows until the drama actually starts how it will be. I'm looking forward to seeing him in a project again, though, and wondering how his military service will have changed him. For one thing, he's put on quite a bit of weight albeit in muscles rather than the leaner actor's physique he had before, and I think it looks good on him, so we'll see if he keeps some of it or rather he goes back to his prior lean, hungry look. :)

11 hours ago, Lmangla said:

I didn't know that!... so it is like two separate genres then? lawyer dramas and prosecutor dramas?

Yes. Though, lawyers tend to be characters in dramas about other professions rather than dramas unto themselves. So, a prosecutor drama will frequently have lawyers though the protagonist is a prosecutor. There are only a handful of dramas that I can think of where a lawyer is actually the protagonist.

And, of course, disgraced prosecutors or evil prosecutors may jump to become corporate lawyers with some frequency. :D 

• Insightful 2

So we have come to the end of the day, working non-stop and finally able to go back home and get a good night rest.....Before waking up again and going back to work...sighhhh :joy: 

Like all K-dramas wonderland of workaholics, they work all day all night and they might end up getting all stressed out and or even injured themselves in the line of their work! So do take care of yourself, if you felt that you needed a break, do stop and take a breather...and or to make sure to keep yourself safe :D

Thank you all to those who have voted and commented, it means a lot to us. We hope that you have enjoyed this event. We will see you again in the next event! See you! :D

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1