Work, work, work

Lmangla

Work!  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite profession/genre in dramaland?

• chaebol, preferably owns shopping mall
    • police, spends lots of time in stakeouts and in need of shower
    • doctor, always genius, highly stressed and doing complicated surgery
    • lawyer, talks a lot
    • loan sharks with red/yellow or some colourful suits if boss, black suit if junior henchmen

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/02/2019 at 09:53 PM

8 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

what kind of sponge cake can you pick up like that without melting?.. and why isn''t she just using a fork or spoon? ... 

Lolll the cake is stressed out as well :) so it didn’t melt lol. The way she held the cake it’s like holding someone from the back collar...I would be stressed out if it happened to me lol. (Stand there like a popsicle...frozen:joy:

i was asking how do she not have cream all over her face lol

22 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I have to admit that I have a bit of a secret love for doctors in kdramas, especially when they're genius surgeons focused on saving lives. They are just so earnest and lovely. This is Yoon Kyun Sang as the second lead in Doctors. I had major SLS in this drama. :D

he looks way too good looking to be a doctor! hahahaha.... arent' doctors supposed to look tired, grumpy and worn out?

e038428737f285dea8271aef7f15a9a1.jpg

and... interesting... not one vote for lawyers so far. folks at soompi don't like lawyer dramas? too many speeches? ^_^

14 hours ago, triplem said:

After Dear Citizens, i aspire to be a loan shark that eats her cake like that. This woman is small but scary ...and she always has fabulous outfits .. 

Who is she? She looks kinda familiar.

Best workplace is totally being some kind of agent of some hidden agency, preferably something official and kicking asses all day, while saving the day by rescueing the woman you just fell in love with.

I'm talking about ManXMan, My Secret Terius, Healer  or well, for the sake of it, eben Kill it. :D 

28 minutes ago, triplem said:

sim hee seop in Children of a Lesser God

Hated his character to the max lol. Don’t remember why, but I hated him..

EDIT I was oppa bias to Ji Hwan so when that bad guy steps in to disturb i was like...roll eyes

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

@triplem, don't forget that Koreans distinguish between lawyers and prosecutors! So, prosecutors didn't even make the list of kdrama professions in this quiz.  So, all those guys you named don't count. :lol:

I didn't know that!... so it is like two separate genres then? lawyer dramas and prosecutor dramas?

Voted for the policeman!
BUT! In fact, I like the drama about ordinary office workers more. Gray mice that work to loss of consciousness and exhaustion.:sweatingbullets: The main thing is that there would be a lot of such workers in the drama and they would have a friendly team.
In general, as always, it all comes down to friendship, which is more important to me than anything else in the world. As in dramas, and in life.:wub:

15 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

Have u try to watch Feel Good to Die? I like it very much. Because its depict life of normal office worker. There's supernatural element of it, which is time jump.

Started to watch, but I did not like this drama. All subordinates said that their boss is bad ... but in fact he is the perfect boss. And even scolded them, but always in the case. Yes, and the supernatural here only bothered me and did not let me cry over the unfortunate fate of the heroes. After all, I knew that later they would fix everything and there would be no problems. <_<

No, I like the dramas about the work of Introverted Boss, Misaeng - Incomplete Life and Radiant Office. And of these three, the Radiant Office was the one I liked the most ...

Remembered. I also love dramas about filming a drama. This is also a work, and a very serious, hard work ... Most of all I love the drama "On Air". Very, very good thing!:wub:

Oh so many genres and professions left out.  Like @Friendly kitty for me it is about the relationships and the story.  Are they a person that I would root for, then it doesn't matter the profession.  They can even be a thief.   For example if it's more like robin hood.  Probably more likely in joseon era vs modern time.  In drama,  we often see those who are worse than thieves in drama.  They're just smart and steal legally so that's why for me profession not as important.  

Feel Good To Die made the mundane interesting with many good lessons and things to think about.   Hope those who haven't watch would give it a try.  Out of that list though, I guess I end up watching more doctor.

On 5/2/2019 at 9:05 AM, Lawyerh said:

Have u try to watch Feel Good to Die? I like it very much. Because its depict life of normal office worker. There's supernatural element of it, which is time jump. But overall it's still quite realistic for me...

I agree with you, as much as we love chaebol / detective / lawyer, at the end of the day its also very comforting to see drama that is close to our ordinary working in real life too.

@nohamahamoud2002 @phoenix24 @gm4queen

Haha trying to promote it here? :D

8 hours ago, Friendly kitty said:

I also love dramas about filming a drama.

I pretty sure remember that there is a drama that Kim Jae Wook started it talks about being a chef..and we have a assistant script writer? Called Temperature of love, have you watched it?

So we have come to the end of the day, working non-stop and finally able to go back home and get a good night rest.....Before waking up again and going back to work...sighhhh :joy: 

Like all K-dramas wonderland of workaholics, they work all day all night and they might end up getting all stressed out and or even injured themselves in the line of their work! So do take care of yourself, if you felt that you needed a break, do stop and take a breather...and or to make sure to keep yourself safe :D

Thank you all to those who have voted and commented, it means a lot to us. We hope that you have enjoyed this event. We will see you again in the next event! See you! :D

Archived