Quantcast
liltash85

[Upcoming Drama 2019] Melting Me Softly, 날 녹여줘 - Sat & Sun @ 21:00 KST - Ji Chang Wook & Won Jin Ah - Premieres on September 28th

35 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

I can’t wait 

I am not familiar with her work , I hope she good :D

You mean the female lead, Wo Jin-a? Yeah, me too :D. I know she was in Rain or Shine with Junho but haven't really watched that. This is gonna be her third drama.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

You mean the female lead, Wo Jin-a? Yeah, me too :D. I know she was in Rain or Shine with Junho but haven't really watched that. This is gonna be her third drama.

Yes, she was in Just Between Lovers aka Rain or Shine opposite Jun-ho and she was GREAT!!!! She plays the brooding type of characters very well so I hope her character will be different here! Can’t wait!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, aznchic209 said:

Yes, she was in Just Between Lovers aka Rain or Shine opposite Jun-ho and she was GREAT!!!! She plays the brooding type of characters very well so I hope her character will be different here! Can’t wait!

I think it is different. Looking at the teaser, she's the very opposite :D. And since this is rom-com, it's prolly gonna be more fluffy :wub:

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

JCW just posted another video on YouTube.  This time he has it subbed in English, and Melting is mentioned a couple of times.  This makes me wonder if he will also be making videos about the process of the drama.  

• Like 6

This will be cheesy and cute with a capital C :lol:

Character description cr to  https://www.kpopmap.com/please-melt-me-2019-drama-cast-summary/

Ji ChangWook as Ma DongChan

He is a popular producing director of variety shows. He is talented as he knows the trends and what will be a hit.

He came up with the idea of producing a variety show named “The Frozen Human Project”. He participated himself in the show where he was supposed to be woken up after 24 hours of being frozen.

However, when he wakes up, it is 20 years later. He wakes up with the same face he had 20 years ago, he did not age. He still looks as handsome as before. While on the contrary, his family and colleagues aged 20 years.

Won JinAh as Go MiRan

She is working part-time at the broadcasting station. She is offered and accepts to be paid 5 million won to participate into the variety show named “The Frozen Human Project” where she needs to be frozen for one night. Ma DongChan also participates in the “The Frozen Human Project”.

Golden Child’s Bomin as Hwang JiHoon [supporting role]

He is the school’s hoobae of Go MiRan.

-----------------------------

And of course there will be a love triangle....

https://www.soompi.com/article/1351678wpp/golden-childs-bomin-is-young-and-in-love-in-melting-me-so

Golden Child’s Bomin Is Young And In Love In “Melting Me Softly”

Sep 11, 2019
by R. Jun

tvN’s upcoming romantic comedy “Melting Me Softly” has revealed new stills of Golden Child’s Bomin!

The drama, which stars Ji Chang Wook and Won Jin Ah, is about a man and a woman who participate in a project where they’re to be frozen for 24 hours. But due to a mysterious scheme, they end up waking up 20 years later. As a side effect of the 20-year freeze, the two must maintain a core body temperature below 33 degrees Celsius (approximately 91.4 degrees Fahrenheit) to survive, but when their bodies heat up from romantic attraction, they find that there’s more than love on the line.

Bomin plays the college student Hwang Ji Hoon, who meets Go Mi Ran (played by Won Jin Ah) one day in class. Because Go Mi Ran was frozen for 20 years, she still looks like she’s in her 20s, although she still has a 90s sentiment and is 20 years older than Ji Hoon. Ji Hoon teaches Go Mi Ran what “some” means (the period of attraction before two people are actually dating) and is assertive in pursuing her.

A source from the drama said, “Bomin, who won over viewers in the web drama A-TEEN, will be showing a whole new set of charms as Ji Hoon.”

“Melting Me Softly” premieres September 28 and will be available on Viki with English subtitles.

won-jin-ah-golden-child-bomin-melting-me

Edited by triplem
  • Like 8
  • Awesome 1

On 9/7/2019 at 11:11 PM, lightbringer06 said:

And since this is rom-com, it's prolly gonna be more fluffy :wub:

15 hours ago, triplem said:

This will be cheesy and cute with a capital C :lol:

5d796d48210b9195706709.gif?download

But OMG , this hilarious :joy:

What a dance in a team meeting :yum:

can’t wait for it , even make it closer to enjoy it :mrgreen:

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

On 9/8/2019 at 5:00 AM, aznchic209 said:

In Just Between Lovers, she was not a cheerful girl since she had a childhood trauma. But I guess she will be really cheerful in here. 

I hope that it will be a light romcom since I just finished a heavy story drama like HDL and Dr John. Now I watch another ongoing drama, Graceful Family, a heavy story drama too. :huh:

• Like 7

@Ameera Ali That five person meeting minus the dance lol reminds me of Suspicious Partner meetings:joy::mrgreen:. But this time, it's him who is suggesting something ridiculous ROFL:sweat_smile::mrgreen:.

• LOL 6

4 hours ago, lu09 said:

That five person meeting minus the dance lol reminds me of Suspicious Partner meetings

Same here. But the dance is cute...I kinda like how they both have to adapt to a new world. 

---------------

As to WJA's acting , I have seen her in JTBC's Life where she played a warm and positive pediatrician - but it wasn't a role that could really test her acting chops. Nevertheless given the role , she came across as likeable and approachable which I think will be similar to her character here.  Looking forward to whether she can bring on the comedy. 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 3
  • Love 3

Looking forward to this series.  I thought WJA was really good in Just Between Lovers.  Although a very tear filled series, she pulled off some genuinely funny moments.  I loved JCW in Healer and Suspicious Partner.  He seems to have the chops for both serious drama and comedy.  I just finished up Hotel de Luna and Doctor John, so something a little lighter would be a nice change.

@Ameera Ali, I loved your dance sequences.

I just noticed that Yoon Se Ah is in this series as well.  She is such a versatile actor.  I loved her in Sky Castle, My Sassy Girl, Just Between Lovers, & Stranger.  She has some fantastic acting skills.

Edited by larrysouth
Additional comments
  • Like 1
  • Love 5

Yeah!  We are now only 2 weeks out from the beginning of the series start.  Seems like activity is starting to ramp up and looking forward to seeing more videos released and more people posting.  Can't wait.  :D

• Like 5