Quantcast
liltash85

[Drama 2019] Melting Me Softly, 날 녹여주오

Meta Alert!  Kim Soo Ro has a cameo in Episode 6.  For those of you who remember SBS's "A Gentleman's Dignity," he and Yoon Se Ah (Na Ha Young in MMS) were a romantic couple in that show.  Hilarious!

EGwtJgwUUAARfKs.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, morningdew said:

Eps.7 preview :love:

And THIS!! THIS is the reason why usually, almost always, I wait until a drama finishes airing before I indulge in a drama marathon!! Cliffhangers are bad for the heart and mind!! Badddddd~~

It should be illegal for episodes to end on a kiss scene or even show preview of a kiss scene for the next episode. ILLEGALLLLLLLL~~

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

Just starting to watch the episode now. And I love the start of the episode.

DC uses the broadcast to announce that he is the first human to be resuscitated after being frozen for 20 years. He announces that he is the only participant of the experiment, and that there is a weird side effect from the experiment in that his body temperature has to be 31.5 C in order for him to continue to live. He is going to continue to work on the experiment further to figure out how to correct this weird effect. With this announcement, DC is trying to protect MR from the bad guys who are after him to get Dr. Hwang. And, he is also conveying information that MR, her doctor, and her family need in order to be able to support her body temperature requirements. And, after those announcements, DC goes to the hospital just to watch MR go home with her family. MR notices DC going though. Awwww....

Also, it turns out that Dr. Hwang had figured out how to compensate/correct for the lowered body temperature effect. However, Dr. Hwang is the only one who knows the information. But given that they can't wait for Dr. Hwang to come to his senses, DC intends to pursue the solution himself.

A funny bit, Kim Jong Eun watching from North Korea comments how if only they had known about the experiment a little earlier, his father could have been frozen as well.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 5

Ohmygosh, cutie Ji Eun who has the crush on MR is the son of her friend and her ex-bf Byung Shim!

Plus, it seems that the people around MR are figuring out pretty quickly that she must have been a frozen human as well.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

So funny how DC takes MR's cup of ice water from her and drinks from it, and then gives it back to her to drink. It's such an intimate act actually. It speaks a lot to how DC thinks about MR. And, MR accepts it back as well.

Also, cute how DC gets jealous at the police station. He goes from lecturing MR about how she shouldn't beat men up to yelling at BS himself once MR tells DC that both "men" that he saw her beat us was the same guy, her ex-bf. Once he finds out about what BS had been saying to MR, DC tells MR that she should beat BS up more thoroughly. Then DC is so upset that he goes to warn BS and tells him that he'll kill him if BS harasses MR ever again. When BS asks what right DC had to speak for MR, DC says that he has responsibility for MR's life. And, then when DC walks out, he very naturally grabs MR by the wrist. Not a fan of the wrist grab actually, but it was still cute in the scene.

And, DC as Captain Korea! Even as Captain America had been frozen and brought back to life, now DC is Captain Korea gone through the frozen period as well. LOL

Also, the age debate/argument between Kim Su Ro and Ra Mi Ran about what age DC should be considered. Not to mention, MR calling in to that talk show to put on a defense of DC and how the issue isn't what age he should be considered, but what he's going to be doing with his life. What jobs he can get and who he could marry. And, then it turns out that she was complaining about her own situation.

This episode has a number of funny moments.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 5

13 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Also, the age debate/argument between Kim Su Ro and Ra Mi Ran about what age DC should be considered. Not to mention, MR calling in to that talk show to put on a defense of DC and how the issue isn't what age he should be considered, but what he's going to be doing with his life. What jobs he can get and who he could marry. And, then it turns out that she was complaining about her own situation.

After several seconds of me thinking "is that really her?", it finally dawned on me it WAS Ra Mi Ran.  That segment was perfectly placed, especially since they used actual real-life tvN news presenters and panelists.  Meta on top of meta.  Brilliant!

I just hope today's viewers thought so as well.  *sigh*

• Like 6

Preview translation for ep 7

MR: At least he had a girlfriend before he was frozen. What about me?! (meaning how she had no one, including possibly no marriage prospects since there is the age thing with her legal and biological age being different and may be hard for potential partners to deal with)
DC: From now on, TV variety programs are going to be different! Because Ma Dong Chan has returned!
DC: Why is your pulse racing all of a sudden? Were you fluttering? (meaning whether MR had become excited to see DC)
MR: What is he saying? Is he a player or what?
HY: So that you’re not in danger ever again, I’ll protect you.
JE: Noona, you’ve dated before, haven’t you? And, have been in a “some”? (a "some" is a meaningful flirtation between a couple who are interested in each other, but before they officially start dating)
MR: Have you had a “some” before? (seems to be speaking to DC)
DC: Help me so that I can protect myself. Starting with Go Mi Ran. (I translated this line this way, because this may be a response to HY's statement earlier about protecting DC. It's a bit hard without more context and the Korean standard of not using pronouns.)

Episode 6 was very cute, for the most part. DC and MR are definitely attracted to each other.

DC is over HY, and in episode 6, DC even tells HY that he doesn't want to find out more about her even for fear that it'll tarnish the image that he has of the person that she was back then. That's his only way of protecting the love that they had felt for each other. While, HY is the one who wants to start again. She starts to wear the couple ring that he had given her again, and lets him know at the end of the episode, that it's meant to signify that their relationship isn't over yet since their love isn't finished yet. However, I think that DC will try to let her down gently at the start of episode 7, possibly saying that he's in danger right now and doesn't want to continue with HY. That's speculation, though.

MR was already aware that DC is good looking, but she's becoming more aware of him as a man. She can't help but be touched and grateful with how he looks after her, though she also clearly finds it a little frustrating that he's so protective. Still, she's feeling lost in this world that she's woken up to, and DC is the only other person who knows how she feels, and is able to provide her with what she needs, even when she might not be aware of it, for instance, the smart watch that monitors her vital signs. It's not just gratitude that MR feels, however. She's also becoming attracted to DC. The comfortable, bickering relationship that they've established with each other has also led to an intimacy between the two of them without either of them perhaps totally aware of it. The shared glass of ice water, so casually done and received, definitely gave me an "OMO!" moment. :lol: 

I think that next episode, MR becoming aware that DC had had a serious gf in HY, one who is the station's top announcer at that, is going to become a bit jealous as well. Even though her words in the preview may be about her own prospects, or lack thereof, I think what she's really feeling is jealousy.

And, I'm really curious about the kiss at the end of this preview. It seems as if MR is the one to kiss DC who may have been caught off guard since his eyes are open and stay open. I'm curious to see how the kiss comes about so fast. Hope it's not another imagination sequence or anything like that.  I do rather love DC and MR together.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 9

4 hours ago, morningdew said:

Eps.7 preview :love:

I have not watched the episodes, but OMO! KISS IS COMING!!!

4 hours ago, cherkell said:

Meta Alert!  Kim Soo Ro has a cameo in Episode 6.  For those of you who remember SBS's "A Gentleman's Dignity," he and Yoon Se Ah (Na Ha Young in MMS) were a romantic couple in that show.  Hilarious!

OMO! Kim Soo Ro is a cameo! Lol! I love his cussing character in A Gentleman's Dignity. Lol! My favorite scene is still when all four guys went up againist Seo Yi Soo's step brothers and Kim Soo Ro cuss soo much they censor it all. Lol! :lol:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, cherkell said:

After several seconds of me thinking "is that really her?", it finally dawned on me it WAS Ra Mi Ran.  That segment was perfectly placed, especially since they used actual real-life tvN news presenters and panelists.  Meta on top of meta.  Brilliant!

I just hope today's viewers thought so as well.  *sigh*

It took me a second as well to recognize her! KSR and RMR were brilliant as competing doctor panelists! And, yes, I love the segment. It also segued well into the issues that DC is having with his newfound fame. This fame is different from his fame before. Before, he was known for being a genius producer, so highly respected and in his chosen field. This time around, it's as much a freak show as anything. Plus, even his own family is taking advantage of his fame to make some dosh.

I hope the ratings are good for this drama as well. I think this drama is finally starting to hit its stride. It's still not incorporating the big evil into the overall plot that well, but I remember that is a weakness with this writer anyway.

Mostly, though, I'm still watching because I think the chemistry between the two leads is really good, and because both leads are handled by actors who act very well. I like their interpretations of their characters, though it struck me that for both of them, their roles are safe roles that they've done before. DC reminds me in a lot of ways of JCW's character in Suspicious Partner, and MR has echoes of WJA's character in Just Between Lovers. Fortunately, I loved both of those dramas, and those roles in those dramas, so I'm willing to see where this drama will take them. I think both JCW and WJA are able to handle their respective characters with respect, balancing out the humor as well as all of their emotions and conflicts.

Not sure if this was posted before, but here it is anyway. It's a BTS with English subs already which are good enough. Anyway, JCW is very cute in it, and his personal charm comes through well, I think. 

(I didn't write these subs, btw. I think when I sub I do it in too painstaking a fashion, trying to sub every last thing said, with explanations and cultural notes as appropriate. :) )

• Like 6

Ohhh that preview *____*

How can we wait until next week?!

I really enjoyed ep 6. MR and DC are so cute. I think they've always found each other interesting but now it's growing.

• Like 2

[Ratings] "Melting Me Softly" 13 October Episode 6 Broadcast:

Nielsen Korea:  2.481% National (+.418%); 2.777% Seoul (+.651%)

TNMS: 2.5 % (+.40%)

A little better, but still disappointing.  Again, no pay-cable program rated above 2.8%, so something is obviously wrong with the broadcasts or the whole of Korea is on going on an austerity kick by cancelling all their non-essential services. :blink:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, dramas from cable tv are not known for high ratings.

There are only rare occasions where the drama managed to break 10%

I viewed on Wiki and there are only 14 dramas which managed to break 10%

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cherkell said:

[Ratings] "Melting Me Softly" 13 October Episode 6 Broadcast:

Nielsen Korea:  2.481% National (+.418%); 2.777% Seoul (+.651%)

TNMS: 2.5 % (+.40%)

A little better, but still disappointing.  Again, no pay-cable program rated above 2.8%, so something is obviously wrong with the broadcasts or the whole of Korea is on going on an austerity kick by cancelling all their non-essential services. :blink:

As long as it manages to stay above 2% it should be ok, but yeah if no pay for cable managed to break 2.8% then there's something wrong. 

17 hours ago, cherkell said:

EDIT:  I'm trying to watch Episode 6 on my way to the office.  I noticed that Im Won Hee's hairstyle has changed quite a bit from his appearance in the TBO studios for Dong-chan's newscast to the next day when Hyeon-gi and the General Manager are meeting.  Wondering if some scenes were re-shot taking the ratings in mind?  Hmmmmm.... <_<

The idea that they might be re-taking some scenes had not crossed my mind, and it's a possibility, but I have been wondering if they are shooting scenes completely out of order. 

In the episode aired last week, when had this scene: 

where JCW appears dressed as in IG post dated July 22nd:

Then other scenes that show Wookie as in his post dated August 18th (pics in spoiler space). It could have a late post by Wookie, of course, even if it didn't feel like that. 

Spoiler

Drama:

Wookie: 

And then, in his own BTS uploaded yesterday in his New Tube channel JCW mentioned that they were shooting (a scene aired yesterday in ep 6) on the day before the Press Conference, that was at the end of September, over one month later. 

So, it would seem that it took them 2 months to film 4 episodes, which is quite long by normal standards I think, even considering actors' individual schedules that might have delayed a bit the shooting schedule. Furthermore, none of these scenes was filmed in some special location (that could have helped to explain the different time of shooting), so I really don't know. 

I could be completely wrong, of course. 

Anyway, today both JCW and WJA posted IG stories from the same shooting location... I wonder what episode they are filming now. We'll know in a few weeks, I guess ^_^

• Like 2

@midorinokerochan , I’m just happy that they are not live shooting. It’s one of the things I like least about kdramas, that sooner or later, they end up having to liveshoot episodes, and thus everyone not getting enough rest. Anyway, I think it’s fairly common to shoot out scenes out of sequence and then put it together in editing. Even though a set may not be a special location shooting, it is still easier to group scenes by location convenience rather than scene sequence.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, stroppyse said:

@midorinokerochan , I’m just happy that they are not live shooting. It’s one of the things I like least about kdramas, that sooner or later, they end up having to liveshoot episodes, and thus everyone not getting enough rest. Anyway, I think it’s fairly common to shoot out scenes out of sequence and then put it together in editing. Even though a set may not be a special location shooting, it is still easier to group scenes by location convenience rather than scene sequence.

Well stated.  Although I'm glad the show got a good head start with filming, I assumed one of the reasons the shoot started back in early June because of all the CGI that was/would be needed in post-production.  But Kdramas have been quite rigorous with their continuity from episode to episode, forbidding even the slightest change in a character's visage.  (Or maybe it was my subconscious hoping that some of their scenes had to be re-shot in order to tone down the slapstick.)

Recent filming site must have been a really special place for Wook to reply this way.  :lol:

• Like 3

3After watching episode 6, I am positive Dong Chan is over Ha Yeong. I know how it can look considering he literally feels like it's been a few weeks versus years, but knowing what everyone did to cover up his disappearance makes it easier to cut people out and that does include Ha Yeong. I do feel for her, but I want her to give him the space he needs because as of now she's not exactly doing that. Popping up with the ring on only showed she's not respecting him. 

Judging by the ending, Dong Chan's feelings have seemingly been resolved. Once he begins worrying about another person more than her, his heart has moved on. With him outing himself, he said he wants to preserve his images of the woman he used to love. Funny how it's not him who's clinging on, but her. 

Byeong Sim needs to stop acting as if everything revolves around him, but that's his character and he means no harm. Indirectly, he's going to push our leads together as it'll bring out Dong Chan's protective side since he knows she doesn't like him. Hwang Ji Hun will be another thing since he's already smitten with her and has yet to discover his family connections. 

I actually liked how Dong Chan revealed the secret, he couldn't stay silent forever and he had to protect those around him. I also liked how he told both of their families about the temperature problem, now they'll know how to keep them comfortable. 

Overall, I'm satisfied with the pacing right now. The chemistry is good and I am looking forward to the next episodes because that preview....wow.

• Like 5

I don't like ep 5. It's slow and the ex-bf's imagination of a frozen-about-to-die MR is plain stupid and serves no purpose for the plot...well, other than showing what sort of a goofball he is. Ep 6 was better. I liked how DC took responsibility for the experiment.

But I'm on tenterhooks now they've put Prof Hwang with DC's family. I can almost see them doing something stupid that'll put him in danger. Hope I'm wrong.

I guess I'll continue to watch for now but frankly, not feeling the chemistry between the 2 yet. I'm afraid my interest in this show is thawing and may just melt completely. :sweatingbullets: 

• Insightful 1

5 hours ago, cherkell said:

Recent filming site must have been a really special place for Wook to reply this way.  :lol:

Wow, that is a very pretty place, especially with the low hanging fog.

@LavelyShai, agree with your sentiments, and I was really happy with ep 6, so can’t wait to see the next episode.

• Like 1