[Drama 2019] Melting Me Softly, 날 녹여주오

liltash85

9 hours ago, liltash85 said:

You point out a nice point here. All this while he thinks that he can adjusted with this 20 years leap and he can maintain that 31.5 deg body temperature. But when he started to develop feelings for Miran, he realized that a mere touch can be harmful to both of them. And it must be so frustrating when he learned that the prof can't do anything about it. He wanted to live normally but he can't. If we put ourselves in their shoes, anyone can be so mad and burst out because you get to know that you can just live a normal life and being normal means you can die. 

Can't agree with you more.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, liltash85 said:

nem biztos abban, hogy újra megfagy-e vagy sem. de 2021-ben történik valamilyen interjú. Véleményem szerint ezúttal megtalálják a gyógymódot, hogy visszafordítsák alacsony testhőmérsékletüket, és talán interjúkat fognak készíteni, mint „első” fagyasztott ember ”projektet; hogyan élnek túl az esélyeken "

az igazi forgatókönyv így hangzik (legalábbis ezt el tudom venni a korlátozott koreai szólammal). De amint sokan itt közöltünk, ez közvetetten azt is jelenti, hogy normális életet akar élni. Arra kérdezi a professzort, hogy segítsen nekik, mert nem tud olyan egyszerű dolgokat csinálni, mint például az ágyban gurulni azzal, akit szereti, mert azok testhőmérséklete korlátozott, és ez nagyon bosszantó lesz számára. 

She has a different dress at the beginning of episode 10 in the capsule. In addition, he had already received 4 injections while the boy had none.

12 hours ago, liltash85 said:

Nem szabad egyetértenek azzal, hogy Dong Chan Miranra nézve vágy. Azt hiszem, a 9-10. Epizódban meglátjuk, hogy valóban ő érte. (amint azt a 9. epizód elején mondta, hogy ha Miran folytatja a fellépését, akkor eshet a lányért). Azt hiszem, addigra már ő is megbukott érte, de megpróbálta tagadni. Ezért elég bátor ahhoz, hogy véget vessen a dolgoknak Ha Kyung-szal, mert biztosan nem érzett semmit érte. Nem az árulás miatt, hanem azért, mert megváltozott a szíve. 

Aztán lassan láthatjuk, hogyan kezd Dong Chang féltékenynek, hogyan néz ki Miran felé, hogyan viselkedik mindig az oldalán, támogatja a nőt, hogy nem tetszett neki, amikor Miran figyelmen kívül hagyta őt, miközben a kollégákkal tárgyal, hogy aggódik a nő miatt, amikor beteg lesz, és így tovább. Mindez a szerelem cselekedete vagy egy szerelmes ember. 

Amikor azt kérdezi a professzorról, hogy gyógyítsa meg őket az alacsony hőmérsékletű testüktől, hogy normális emberekként élhessenek, gond nélkül szeretve, mindkettőjükért tették, mert szerelmes. Nagyon kétségbeesettnek érzi magát, mint most gyógyulni, mint korábban, mivel tudja, hogy szerelmi állapotukban nehéz alacsony hőmérsékletet tartani. Így amikor a professzor úgy tűnik, hogy nem tud neki segíteni, visszamegy Miranhoz, csak bulldozik és megcsókolja (bár eredetileg Szöulban akarja találkozni az NHY-val). Ő vállalja a kockázatot. Nincs mit veszítenie, hiszen egyébként sokat veszített. Tehát a testhőmérsékleti akadály miatt nem akarta elszalasztani az esélyét, hogy szerelmeskel lehessen. 

He had dreamed of M before freezing. I think the other woman was engaged only for family reasons. She didn't really want to get married at that time.

@Mizzy 

My take on why Dong Chan fell out of love with Na Ha Young...

He wakes up and goes to her, but she treats him coldly initially.. He is confused. 

But then he learns she helped cover up his dissaperence and did not try to look for him.

He is upset, and he confronts her

She responds, that she waited for any news about him, even of his death, so that she can have peace of mind.

Damn...

Honestly I would be more surprised if he still loves her after that dialogue.

Trust is the most important part in a relationship between man and women. She breached that trust when she decided to prioritise her job over his life. 

If you still can't understand DC falling out of love, just tell me this... Would you be able to love back someone who didn't care whether you lived or died, didn't lift a finger to find you, when you disappeared.?

Well I can't. 

On top of that She acts different, she looks different, only DC is stuck in time. For her, the event happened 20 years ago. But for him it's like she betrayed him yesterday. He was so much in love, and hence it will hurt more and make him hate more. 

It's because he remembers his love, he protected her, and hid the facts about her betrayal. But that doesn't mean he wants to continue to be in a relationship with her. In fact he will always doubt her sincerity towards him. So he naturally fell out of love.

About why DC falls for MR: I read some comment somewhere MR is just a rebound for DC. Forgot who said that...anyways my take on it:

And yes may be Dong Chan stared loving Mi Ran at first as a rebound. It also started from him feeling responsible for her.

But it really has gone beyond it by now. There is no chance he is gonna rebound back to Ha Young. And these kind of things happen in real life too.. Relationships beginning as rebounds growing deep enough to get married and have kids. I know people like that in real life... Nothing wrong in moving on and finding happiness with the right person. DC and MR match each other well. There is no need to be tied up by their past failed relations.

616/5000

True love does not go away. I think she had only longed for her for 20 years. In her girlfriend, Na Ha-yeong) hadn't even thought about what it would have been like to freeze herself with the boy for 20 years?
1. dangerous then i'll talk about it.
2. harmless then I commit myself.
They didn't seem to fit together from the start.
Na Ha-yeong is a compromising type
MDC pioneer type

1. Go Go-mran looks back at the recording.
2. do not want to freeze
3. Have an interest in this boyfriend
4th after melting, looking for MA first
5. You flirt with the girl impudently from the beginning (touches the girl, does not keep the formality, annoys, interferes with the ex-boyfriend, looks for his companion)

14 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Looks like the shower kiss was the one saving grace of this drama! :lol: Yes! You can trust JCW to deliver a beautiful and knee-weakening kiss with any of his leading ladies. I've read some comments here and there about how JCW and WJA's chemistry is absent and the romance isn't convincing, but I've always found that JCW leads his leading lady very well. In the K2, I too felt the female lead was somewhat lukewarm in character, but JCW was so convincing in how his character loved her. Likewise here. Poor script-writing, directing and editing aside, you've got to admit JCW is quite convincing in how Ma Dong Chan is at least physically very attracted to GMR. 

Have they finally got the pace and storytelling right, though a little too late? ...

When did Dongchan fall in love with Miran?

I guess some are asking this because in part of the way the drama has progressed and been paced thus far. It's hard to see how the relationship has progressed because insufficient time was given over to showing how their interactions have actually changed, apart from our own intelligent guesses. And so again, when the editing is bad, viewers fill in their own gaps. What I would say (my POV) is this -- I don't think I am convinced Dongchan is "in love with" Miran yet. He is definitely attracted to her. How he looks at her in that hot kiss scene is just that -- lust. Nothing wrong with that. He's certainly intrigued by her but I think she's the one more invested in an emotional relationship with him. She looks at him differently. He has taken care of her, saved her a couple of times, given her the potential for employment... She has more to be grateful for. He on the other hand might be suffering from a Florence Nightingale effect. Suddenly, he wakes up to find Nayoung had seemingly moved on without him and doesn't need him anymore. He's really old school and needs to "save the girl". 

All said, rainshower kiss yo....

I loved and appreciated your note.  You hit some of my very questions to what is going to happen in the next 6 episodes.  I'm worried it will be super rushed to tie all the loose ends to the complex story.  So far I'm only interested in how MDC and GMR will end up together and how to solve the "temperature" increase.   I agree about the lust vs love thought, as to me it's almost a cheating lovestory at this poin with him falling for her because she is the only one who is most compatible with him after 20 years.   

Can I say, some of the dialogues in this drama is very cheesy (and cheap).  At certain points, I wish they didn't speak and just leave the scene in silence that could actually trigger more interest and excitement from the audience.   

Any theory on what is going to happen in Episode 11...???

6 hours ago, LavelyShai said:

Hide contents

Dong Chan was always intrigued by Mi Ran, but it started off as him being amused by her. Little did he realize is how similar both are, it took them being frozen to actually see that. They share the same values & morals, something neither shared with their former partners. 

And not to forget the Ha Young Dong Chan fell for is the innocence young host who is naive, sweet, and independent. It is not far off with Miran. She is independent, bold and a bit stubborn. Aside from that she is also naive. She gets amused easily and she is caring for the people around her. This is not too much different with the young HY DC knew off. Let's just say, it is MA Dong Chan style. 

Thank you everyone who gave your insights into why MDC fell out of love with HY and in love with MR. I appreciate them. Definitely gave me a fresh perspective on their relationship.

The issue I have is, these all serve as head knowledge for me. I can understand why he fell out of love, and then quickly in love again. But the problem is I tend to watch with my heart and mind you, I'm not very picky with dramas and I can dismiss plot holes, bad writing quite easily. So many picked on The K2 but I actually enjoyed it. I also liked SP despite the critics. But this drama though is on another level. The whole tone is weird...increasingly more as they try to improve. I thought they'll get better but it's not the case.

Like I mentioned, the emotions are not very well expressed whether in terms of story development or actual dialogue and because of that, we're left to interpret the characters and their motives ourselves. 

Sigh. And this has to be JCW's comeback. I suspect they were all sold on the writer's past track records. I understand the director also won some award before?

Anyway, I also know of many good actors/actresses who did not suffer a dent in their popularity due to a poor quality work. Ultimately, people can differentiate good acting vs a poor script/production. So on this note, I'm not too worried for JCW. But just hoping he doesn't pick another rom com in the near term. :P

7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Anyway, I'm probably repeating myself in saying that I thought JCW sold his change of heart well with his looks and actions, much more than the dialogue even.

I think we share the same EQ on this matter with JCW acting. We get him. We understand him even if with poor dialogue or no dialogue at all. To me, that is the power of JCW. 

He can act as a mute person but we will definitely can understand the inner feelings of the character. He is that good. 

Every actor even the most acclaimed has clunkers in their Career. It’s when you get 2 or 3 in row that it’s time to Re-evaluate your career. This drama will go down as one of those guilty pleasures that’s good for a rewatch in future Lackluster drama seasons and you just need a fix. 

7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I'm not sure why you put "sleep together" in quotes,...

They’re in quotation marks cos in literary conventions, you put quotes in quotation marks. :D It’s exactly what he said. He wants to be able to sleep together with the person he loves, whether literally to sleep as in “to slumber” or as in “the act of coitus”. It doesn’t matter either way. I think some are simply questioning (again) the pacing of the drama and not whether JCW was able or unable to get those emotions across. He did, and as an isolated scene, it would be very convincing that MDC is in love with Miran by episode 10. Likewise, in isolated scenes, it would also be convincing that MDC is absolutely out of love with HNY as well. @LavelyShai @liltash85 and @aqua_JCW have clearly pointed out scenes where we see exactly how HNY’s character and the 20 year leap in time that MDC did not get to experience have changed the relationship they had. In fact, from MDC’s perspective, given such a huge revelation of events and experiences of emotions in a matter of a few weeks from the time he proposed to her and the time he realised she had not invested her time in looking for him when she believed him missing, it would be more unbelievable if he was still in love with her. Betrayal can take but a few seconds for feelings to totally shift gears. But like @Mizzyand @luckionesky, our discomfort (if you could call it that) is not with what the story being told is trying to convey, but how the editing and directing has not been able to convey that fluidly. Honestly, if it weren’t for good acting, this story would have totally gone south beyond the poles already. It’s only be sheer weight of JCW’s acting ability and screen presence that there are people still following this drama.

Again, the story premise isn’t a bad one. I’m always up for a good sci-fi or fantasy story, and perhaps they should have framed it as that than a rom-com. If they had stuck to wanting to explore the themes of time and moral ethics in the face of relationships and loyalty, and then peppered it with comedic moments, it would have had the potential to be a very intriguing and successfully told story. But for a 16-part drama, they tried to explore too many things without giving each theme, sub-theme, plot and sub-plot sufficient airtime. What works in a 2-hour movie need not necessarily work for a 16-hour drama; what works as story telling in a sitcom that runs 6 to 7 seasons with 30-minute airtime slots per week would not work for a mini series of, say, 3 2-hour slots. Storytelling is an art, and I’m not claiming any badges for film or movie critiquing, but I echo what @Mizzysaid — I don’t need complex and Emmy award winning plots and storylines, which is prolly why we’re still following the show. At this point, I just want to know if they are able to correct MDC and GMR’s body-temp at rest and whether the 2 of them can get a shot at moving on with life. There’s insufficient time to explore the ethics of cryogenics and the implications of saving lives at the cost of social and emotional displacements even though that has been suggested as a theme through so many of the characters and events. That said, I recognise that the uneven tones and pacing of this drama is improving, but it could well be too late to improve it by so much that the ending won’t feel rushed. 

Oh ho ho ho!  Remember the old saying "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"?  Looks like it's going into play for Episode 11! 

Interesting that Ha-young's hair has remained down for a couple of episodes, making her look younger.  That was one of the complaints my Korean friends were sputtering.  But is she doing that because the PD-nim requested it, or because the character is doing it because she wants to look younger in Dong-chan's eyes?  Hmmmmm....

17 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Cute! This video is titled "The Way That a 52 Year Old Has a Some" (the age that DC is supposed to be despite having awakened still in a 32 year old body), and as you may see, the video actually goes through the scenes where DC is showing his attraction to MR, with some commentary underneath about his methods of flirtation. Since the "some" has been referenced in the drama, and in this thread a few times, I won't go into it too much, but a "some" is basically a flirtation that a couple has before they have more definitively decided they are a dating couple.

The fact that tvN released this video though makes me wonder if the Knetz have also commented on how quickly DC has gone into full blown loving mode in the most recent episodes as some of the posts in this thread has queried. So, they wanted to montage all the couple moments leading into the kiss?

@stroppyse Thank you so much for mention this montage video (TVN v.s Knetz) and  "Some",  appreciate all your posts  :heart: 

@ryanallright WJA really cute on her bts IG post, look like she in love???? :wub:

My heart flutters watching these two OTP gigles :wub:  warm, soft, butterfly, love is in the air :wub: 
(WJA really lovely in dress)

Also a little worries for the calm before storm :sweatingbullets:

Today is thursday... OH Saturday is coming soon

17 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Cute! This video is titled "The Way That a 52 Year Old Has a Some" (the age that DC is supposed to be despite having awakened still in a 32 year old body), and as you may see, the video actually goes through the scenes where DC is showing his attraction to MR, with some commentary underneath about his methods of flirtation. Since the "some" has been referenced in the drama, and in this thread a few times, I won't go into it too much, but a "some" is basically a flirtation that a couple has before they have more definitively decided they are a dating couple.

The fact that tvN released this video though makes me wonder if the Knetz have also commented on how quickly DC has gone into full blown loving mode in the most recent episodes as some of the posts in this thread has queried. So, they wanted to montage all the couple moments leading into the kiss?

Good Job tvN. At least they do some clarification works. And I can see most of the scenes we highlighted also has been added in the video. It is obvious DC has been doing 'some' for a while.

3 hours ago, piekeboeboe said:

@stroppyse Thank you so much for mention this montage video (TVN v.s Knetz) and  "Some",  appreciate all your posts  :heart: 

@ryanallright WJA really cute on her bts IG post, look like she in love???? :wub:

My heart flutters watching these two OTP gigles :wub:  warm, soft, butterfly, love is in the air :wub: 
(WJA really lovely in dress)

Also a little worries for the calm before storm :sweatingbullets:

Today is thursday... OH Saturday is coming soon

Looks like our OTP is taking the risk and try to love normally like everyone else. I am worried HY will turn to the be on the bad guy's side. And did you noticed she started to let down her hair since last week. i think she wanted to look young and hope he will take her back. 

39 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Preview translation

MR: Don’t try to do everything on your own anymore, and let’s do them together from now on. It’s our issues after all.

This line, My heart ❤️❤️

This what i’m waiting for.

Go Go Miran! Fighting!

@stroppyse Thank you very much for translation. ❤️  I can wait with more patient now.

Also I feel relief to saw the preview that “shower kiss” is not dream

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Preview translation

MR: Don’t try to do everything on your own anymore, and let’s do them together from now on. It’s our issues after all.

Otherwise, it seems as if DC and MR are going to try to be a couple despite their setbacks. I'm looking forward to having some sweet, fun moments between DC and MR.

Thank you for the translation!  I can't wait until this weekend as we get to see some sweet scenes of these two as they move from "some" to the real deal!  :) 

Archived