[Drama 2019] Melting Me Softly, 날 녹여주오

liltash85

8 hours ago, piekeboeboe said:

@Mau_Cherry glad to see you here in this thread, (seeing your profile pic and mine, think about the old day :lol:) miss you :wub:
Hope you enjoy this drama and looking forward to hear your insight thought.

:wub:   Hi Chingu! So happy to see you too. Yes its been a while. :wub:

Not sure if I can share a lot of insights here. Actually its not so much to guess - who is the guy is in the the freezing box is already sure and actually the crime and sci fi part is sadly not so well written and thrilling. Thats what I am a bit sad about - but the romance is just my cup of (Ice)tea.

I tried to figure out what I was missing - and I still can´t say it clearly. Its like it is all too easy and just treated as a backstory to give our couple a stage and situations to rescue each other and fall deeper. But okay - I am not watching Mms for the crime part but for our OTP.

3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Just finished watching episode 10, and actually, the ending of it was all a bit heartbreaking. Plus, the fact that DC goes to MR and throws caution to the wind to kiss her makes me think that the professor had told DC that he can't help DC and MR. So, as sizzling as the shower kiss was, I can understand DC's strangely desperate eyes in that scene.

Thats was my feeling too - like he don´t give a damn now - if he had to die anyway - he will day as happy as possible - and love her as much as possible before.

I loved that scene when he told the proffesor to help him. It shows too how deep in love he already is.

I don´t have a SLS - but I feel sorry for Ji Hoon- Now he have to deal with a lot. And not even the girl he likes is on his side.

Oh and I forgot -

@shynaz

I will not prepare myself for a sad ending. I trust it will be happy in the end. Its a rom com - and I checked the writer. Even her tragig love story - which by the way broke me in pieces again and again - gave us a good ending. Our OTP will be happy in the end.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I actually think that is one of the beauties of JCW’s acting.

@stroppyse  Thank you so much for share your thought for this question. :heart:

Me root on OTP but still not sure and want to clearify when DC start to feel for MR.
Yesterday I re-watch from ep1 to gathering the moments of them and try to spot when its happend.

and the first scene i capture is....... >> "the beauties of JCW’s acting"  (ep5)
(at work, will added photo later... )

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

By the time they swap their ice cones, though, it’s now clear that they are both aware and comfortable with that level if intimacy.

:wub: THAT swap of thier ice cones scene!  Hold hand under table, Chemistry on fire

Is "take a shower" sentence means something? It's happen in dialoge in many kdrama and otp start awkward

Yesterday after shower scene, I don't feel quite myself  for many hours :sweatingbullets:

5 hours ago, liltash85 said:

it is rare for rom-com to have sad ending. Not in the world of Kdrama that I know off. It will eventually be a happy ending. Either they found a cure for body temperature or they just needs to deal with it. 

Maybe they’ll have to deal with it for now and the writer will make a time jump 20 years again for a cure to be discovered  hahahahaha :naughty:

I am a silent lurker here but before I quit I want to give my opinion. I expected this drama to pickup after first few episodes only to be disappointed. I can't believe this is Ji Chang Wook's  comeback. He probably trusted the writer to give it a go for this and also the concept sounded fresh when this drama was announced but turns out the writer had no idea what to get out of this drama. MDC's character is a disaster he comes off as an desperate man in need to get some action. There is no consistency in the screenplay. Out of the blue he starts falling for GMR even though he knew her in the past. At this point I question the point of this drama. They got the best actors but the lousy writing is doing injustice to their hard work. I can't wait for this drama to end so that the actors can finally be free. I hope JCW and WJA act together again in drama with a better writer. The K-netz reaction and the ratings are completely justified with the way the story line is going forward . This is not actors or time slot fault but completely the writers for the disaster he or she made out of this drama. 

5 minutes ago, Hush said:

He fell out of love because his ex looks old

You are free to have your own meaning - but this part is just wrong - it was not because she looked old but because she changed so much. He tried it first. But 20 years changed a person a lot - and after he found out that she was not even searching for him....

I understand why he had a change of heart. Its not her fault and not his either - but she is not the woman he fall for anymore.

9 hours ago, liltash85 said:

@Ameera Ali i heard science said sleeping naked also regulates body temperature maybe they can think of that. :no_mouth:

I think they need to rent a Chunwoo frozen goods  :D

5db6bf0187686498110719.gif?download

To solve the problem& I understand they sleep 20 years wouldn’t know they can Roll in the back  With each other as much As they like :joy: why wouldn’t some people done it in a smaller car :joy:

Spoiler

5db6bff7d4766974166636.gif?download

5db6c040c0ea0754715022.jpg?download

Welcome @Hush to the thread :relaxed:

11 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

You are free to have your own meaning - but this part is just wrong - it was not because she looked old but because she changed so much. He tried it first. But 20 years changed a person a lot - and after he found out that she was not even searching for him....

I understand why he had a change of heart. Its not her fault and not his either - but she is not the woman he fall for anymore.

I have more issues with lead couple. I can't connect to their love story. 

4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Btw, on a change of topic, I totally think that HY was the one who leaked MR’s identity as the second subject of the experiment. She was so upset to see DC and MR together near the episode end, just before the news breaks. Even though, she’ll continue to act as if she’s working with DC for his sake, I think her jealousy has her deciding to cause more problems for MR. She may not understand that won’t pull DC away from MR, but a woman scorned and all that, as she seems to feel herself to be.

I have the same feelings too. Looking how cool she is when the rumor broke out, I also strongly thinks it's her. She wants Miran to quit being an intern and she knows that she cannot make Miran being sack as she is good with her works so the only way is making Miran quit herself. Knowing how strong Miran is, the only way is to break a rumor so Miran will feel pressured. But ahjumma didn't learned anything. The more she pressed Miran, the more she is giving space for Dong Chan to be with her. 

It is not only the script or the directing that makes people watch the drama. Sometimes it is OTP's visual that made them watched until the end. I am not saying WJA is not pretty, it's just that it is hard to look beautiful on screen with the male lead is as handsome as JCW. I have read comments such as JCW looks more beautiful that WJA and maybe aside from the lack of coherence in the way the script is made, comments like this makes people stop watching the drama.

2 hours ago, msbaglover said:

It is not only the script or the directing that makes people watch the drama. Sometimes it is OTP's visual that made them watched until the end. I am not saying WJA is not pretty, it's just that it is hard to look beautiful on screen with the male lead as handsome as JCW. I have read comments such as JCW looks more beautiful that WJA and maybe aside from the lack of coherence in the way the script is made, comments like this makes people stop watching the drama.

Agree. WJA is cute in her own ways but she looks more compatible with someone younger like Bomin. I thought their visuals match and they look cute together. As I watch the drama, I keep wishing they paired someone a little older than WJA with JCW.

Going to respond to episodes 9 & 10 after I watch it with subtitles. Even without the complete subtitles, I was very pleased with the pacing of the story. Only question, why didn't they do it sooner? Getting back to msbaglover's comments about OTP's visuals, let's remember JCW's comments about his lack of self-confidence about this looks and how everyone remarks about his attractive features in all his interviews. There's been articles that say that his visual features "blur" other actresses that act with him. Many fans want big name actresses to act with him BUT do they want to be compared to his visuals (besides the budget)? Maybe JCW wants more "imperfect" visual features so he can complement his acting partner and focus/enjoy his chosen projects. I remember this happened in Suspicious Partner. It took quite a while for an actress to be chosen. I didn't know WJA before but I am enjoying her acting. She is a rookie. After a few episodes, I found her to be attractive in her own way. She contrasts JCW in stature (she is so petite) and eye features. Nevertheless, she is still attractive (great smile, expressive face, sexy voice). Just wanted to share my thoughts.

15 minutes ago, TGMS49 said:

I didn't know WJA before but I am enjoying her acting. She is a rookie.

She is not a rookie - just Rain or Shine was her first Drama on the small screen. Before she was an actress for movies and her roles got bigger and bigger.

Actually I fall for her in Rain or Shine - and in my eyes she is beautiful.

Sorry - I just needed to say that. ;)

I love this drama. She will be frozen again until December 21, 2021. The story is good. (Unfortunately, with too many actors sometimes they can't get things started, with little to no 16) JCW brings everything you need to do. I also really like the side characters. Turns are still awaiting us. MDC had already fallen for her before freezing, even though he was unaware.

The girl is cute, the chemistry is slowly but developing.

What is a Flirt? What MDC does in 7 parts. "You are Playboy."

I love the drama, fight !!!

I see a lot of comments about how bad the storyline is. Maybe I am really just in love with Ji Chang Wook but I really enjoy watching the episodes. I agree that the first few ones were a struggle. To be honest I did not even want to watch this because I thought WJA was not good enough with JCW.  I was wrong though because now I see how her acting fits the character. Her deep voice is also something unique. I see their chemistry. Just sharing :)

Archived