[Drama 2019] Melting Me Softly, 날 녹여주오

liltash85

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, morningdew said:

Eps.7 preview :love:

And THIS!! THIS is the reason why usually, almost always, I wait until a drama finishes airing before I indulge in a drama marathon!! Cliffhangers are bad for the heart and mind!! Badddddd~~

It should be illegal for episodes to end on a kiss scene or even show preview of a kiss scene for the next episode. ILLEGALLLLLLLL~~

13 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Also, the age debate/argument between Kim Su Ro and Ra Mi Ran about what age DC should be considered. Not to mention, MR calling in to that talk show to put on a defense of DC and how the issue isn't what age he should be considered, but what he's going to be doing with his life. What jobs he can get and who he could marry. And, then it turns out that she was complaining about her own situation.

After several seconds of me thinking "is that really her?", it finally dawned on me it WAS Ra Mi Ran.  That segment was perfectly placed, especially since they used actual real-life tvN news presenters and panelists.  Meta on top of meta.  Brilliant!

I just hope today's viewers thought so as well.  *sigh*

4 hours ago, morningdew said:

Eps.7 preview :love:

I have not watched the episodes, but OMO! KISS IS COMING!!!

4 hours ago, cherkell said:

Meta Alert!  Kim Soo Ro has a cameo in Episode 6.  For those of you who remember SBS's "A Gentleman's Dignity," he and Yoon Se Ah (Na Ha Young in MMS) were a romantic couple in that show.  Hilarious!

OMO! Kim Soo Ro is a cameo! Lol! I love his cussing character in A Gentleman's Dignity. Lol! My favorite scene is still when all four guys went up againist Seo Yi Soo's step brothers and Kim Soo Ro cuss soo much they censor it all. Lol! :lol:

[Ratings] "Melting Me Softly" 13 October Episode 6 Broadcast:

Nielsen Korea:  2.481% National (+.418%); 2.777% Seoul (+.651%)

TNMS: 2.5 % (+.40%)

A little better, but still disappointing.  Again, no pay-cable program rated above 2.8%, so something is obviously wrong with the broadcasts or the whole of Korea is on going on an austerity kick by cancelling all their non-essential services. :blink:

17 hours ago, cherkell said:

EDIT:  I'm trying to watch Episode 6 on my way to the office.  I noticed that Im Won Hee's hairstyle has changed quite a bit from his appearance in the TBO studios for Dong-chan's newscast to the next day when Hyeon-gi and the General Manager are meeting.  Wondering if some scenes were re-shot taking the ratings in mind?  Hmmmmm.... <_<

The idea that they might be re-taking some scenes had not crossed my mind, and it's a possibility, but I have been wondering if they are shooting scenes completely out of order. 

In the episode aired last week, when had this scene: 

where JCW appears dressed as in IG post dated July 22nd:

Then other scenes that show Wookie as in his post dated August 18th (pics in spoiler space). It could have a late post by Wookie, of course, even if it didn't feel like that. 

Spoiler

Drama:

Wookie: 

And then, in his own BTS uploaded yesterday in his New Tube channel JCW mentioned that they were shooting (a scene aired yesterday in ep 6) on the day before the Press Conference, that was at the end of September, over one month later. 

So, it would seem that it took them 2 months to film 4 episodes, which is quite long by normal standards I think, even considering actors' individual schedules that might have delayed a bit the shooting schedule. Furthermore, none of these scenes was filmed in some special location (that could have helped to explain the different time of shooting), so I really don't know. 

I could be completely wrong, of course. 

Anyway, today both JCW and WJA posted IG stories from the same shooting location... I wonder what episode they are filming now. We'll know in a few weeks, I guess ^_^

15 hours ago, stroppyse said:

@midorinokerochan , I’m just happy that they are not live shooting. It’s one of the things I like least about kdramas, that sooner or later, they end up having to liveshoot episodes, and thus everyone not getting enough rest. Anyway, I think it’s fairly common to shoot out scenes out of sequence and then put it together in editing. Even though a set may not be a special location shooting, it is still easier to group scenes by location convenience rather than scene sequence.

Well stated.  Although I'm glad the show got a good head start with filming, I assumed one of the reasons the shoot started back in early June because of all the CGI that was/would be needed in post-production.  But Kdramas have been quite rigorous with their continuity from episode to episode, forbidding even the slightest change in a character's visage.  (Or maybe it was my subconscious hoping that some of their scenes had to be re-shot in order to tone down the slapstick.)

Recent filming site must have been a really special place for Wook to reply this way.  :lol:

I don't like ep 5. It's slow and the ex-bf's imagination of a frozen-about-to-die MR is plain stupid and serves no purpose for the plot...well, other than showing what sort of a goofball he is. Ep 6 was better. I liked how DC took responsibility for the experiment.

But I'm on tenterhooks now they've put Prof Hwang with DC's family. I can almost see them doing something stupid that'll put him in danger. Hope I'm wrong.

I guess I'll continue to watch for now but frankly, not feeling the chemistry between the 2 yet. I'm afraid my interest in this show is thawing and may just melt completely. :sweatingbullets: 

@stroppyse thanks for your comment. Of course I am perfectly aware that scenes are often filmed out of order since there are so many factors the production needs to consider... I was just baffled seeing how much time seems to have passed between the shooting of scenes that appear close in the episodes. But yes, I guess they could afford to do this since they started filming early. And I fully share the sentiment regarding the fact that they are not live shooting for this drama.

@LavelyShai fully agree with what you have written! And really, when NHY showed up with the ring I was definitely so done with her! It's a pity because she could have been an interesting character but... :angry:And I too loved the way MDC choose to reveal the whole thing. That was really good. 

Lastly, tvN released the bts for ep 5/6 :)

am I the only one who is bored watching this (I watched all the episodes so far)

I couldn't believe it's from the same writer of Woman of Dignity and Strong Woman Do Bong Soon, those dramas were addicting but this one is meh...

hopefully it will get better soon :huh: 

Kim Won Hae singing was funny though

On 10/12/2019 at 7:07 AM, stroppyse said:

way, I've really liked the glimpses of chemistry between DC and MR that we've seen thus far. It's the main reason that I've stuck through the starting episodes despite there being serious plot holes.

@stroppyse me too, the main reason im stuck through this drama, because of thease two main lead. I read all of your post here. Im so thankful that you are here in this thead :heart:

Archived