Quantcast
liltash85

[Current Drama 2019] Melting Me Softly, 날 녹여주오 - Sat & Sun @ 21:00 KST

13 minutes ago, LavelyShai said:

New episode tonight? I'm excited to see the plot to start moving forward now especially to see Dong Chan & Mi Ran to get closer. They're all each other has at this point in regards to the experiment so it's no wonder they'll get closer. 

I'm totally with you on this one. I'm very excited to finally see DC and MR interacting more with each other.

I've been fine with the progression so far since they needed to set up the world, and then bring them back and have them pick up the pieces of their lives. But, now, I want to see them actually interact. Plus, I think that the big bad evil and the political back story may start to make sense now as DC and MR try to find answers about the experiment that they had been in.

Anyway, I've really liked the glimpses of chemistry between DC and MR that we've seen thus far. It's the main reason that I've stuck through the starting episodes despite there being serious plot holes.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, stroppyse said:

I'm totally with you on this one. I'm very excited to finally see DC and MR interacting more with each other.

I've been fine with the progression so far since they needed to set up the world, and then bring them back and have them pick up the pieces of their lives. But, now, I want to see them actually interact. Plus, I think that the big bad evil and the political back story may start to make sense now as DC and MR try to find answers about the experiment that they had been in.

Anyway, I've really liked the glimpses of chemistry between DC and MR that we've seen thus far. It's the main reason that I've stuck through the starting episodes despite there being serious plot holes.

Same. I'm sticking around now because I want to see them together & uncover the truth behind the experiment. They had amazing chemistry in what little scenes we had of them so I can't wait to see them together more now. Dong Chan really has only Mi Ran to trust (aside from his ex-bro in law) & she's the one person who can understand him so in reality, they do need each other. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, LavelyShai said:

Dong Chan really has only Mi Ran to trust (aside from his ex-bro in law) & she's the one person who can understand him so in reality, they do need each other. 

So true! Especially after DC is going to feel betrayed by everyone that he thought he had been close to, especially HY who he loved and thought loved him. DC is going to feel alone and lost, and his family is of little help to him in their state, though it's true that they love him. But, they're not going to understand what he's been through.

MR is the only person who understands what going through the experiment was like, what it felt like to experience a 20 year time jump in a single "day", and their respective side effects from that experiment.

MR, in her case, was mostly self-reliant before she was frozen, and her character hasn't changed. However, she's also grappling with the different world that she's woken up to.

I thought it was really smart of MR to figure out that she could probably get a job at the broadcast station when she couldn't get a job otherwise due to her "age". The production people are the ones who would definitely know what happened to her, and feel obligated to give her a job, so that she can at least build up some work experience.

And, even better, with both DC and MR working at the same place, there will be even more reasons for them to see each other and interact more frequently. That probably wasn't MR's intent, but I'm sure it was the drama writer's intent. :D

• Like 7

No one has watched episode 5 yet? Surprised there was no live updates, thought it was cancelled lol 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, LavelyShai said:

No one has watched episode 5 yet? Surprised there was no live updates, thought it was cancelled lol 

I don't see episode 5 showing up anywhere, e.g. Viki and others, where they normally post. I was wondering if it had been cancelled as well. So, I went looking for clips and saw episode 5 up on the tvN site, however, the videos won't play in my region.

Here is a translation for the text preview for ep 6 anyway.

“I am the world’s first frozen human being, Ma Dong Chan”

In order to save Mi Ran who has collapsed, Dong Chan reveal himself to the world. At the report of frozen humans, the world is in an uproar, and Go Mi Ran safely wakes up. While this is happening, Byung Shim becomes certain that the woman who looks like Mi Ran is actually Mi Ran, and goes to Mi Ran again. However, Mi Ran already knows that he had married Young Seon. Ultimately, a rough wind begins to blow… (this last line means that it’s going to get loud and messy)

It seems episode 6 may be more about MR dealing with her past friendships and relationships.

edit: It just loaded on Viki, so I had better go watch it.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I don't see episode 5 showing up anywhere, e.g. Viki and others, where they normally post. I was wondering if it had been cancelled as well. So, I went looking for clips and saw episode 5 up on the tvN site, however, the videos won't play in my region.

Here is a translation for the text preview for ep 6 anyway.

“I am the world’s first frozen human being, Ma Dong Chan”

In order to save Mi Ran who has collapsed, Dong Chan reveal himself to the world. At the report of frozen humans, the world is in an uproar, and Go Mi Ran safely wakes up. While this is happening, Byung Shim becomes certain that the woman who looks like Mi Ran is actually Mi Ran, and goes to Mi Ran again. However, Mi Ran already knows that he had married Young Seon. Ultimately, a rough wind begins to blow… (this last line means that it’s going to get loud and messy)

It seems episode 6 may be more about MR dealing with her past friendships and relationships.

edit: It just loaded on Viki, so I had better go watch it.

Thanks. The text preview says he needs to protect Mi Ran?? What exactly happened in episode 5 that he needs to do this? Unless it's because of the story that ran about him reappearing again after 20 years. 

• Like 5

A lengthy recap of episode 5 under the spoiler.

Spoiler

DC confronts HY about her silence during his disappearance. She pulls the tears and claims that she hasn’t been able to live peacefully or even get married because of his disappearance and her guilt over not having said something at the time.

MR asks for a job, but DC asks her if she wants to be an intern for 3 months while she figures out if this is really the industry she wants to be in. He asks what she wants to do at the station. MR says that she wants to be a reality tv producer. When DC asks why, she says that it was a reality tv show that caused her trauma, so this is her way of working it out.

DC also asks how MR is doing, and she responds that she can’t stand it when it gets too warm. DC warns her about not letting her temperature get too high. Not until the Dr. Hwang wakes up will they be able to figure out a way to correct their condition, if that’s possible.

Some men hired by the corporate evil guy are following DC, and he challenges them. The corporate guys are trying to find a director who has been frozen, and that’s why they are after the Dr. Hwang to try to find the frozen corporate guy.

The Dr. Hwang is awake, but disoriented. DC meets the assistant scientist, and they agree that the Dr. Hwang can’t stay in the underground bunker as it is too dangerous. They agree that he should be moved.

MR’s parents meet with DC’s family to talk about the experiment. DC’s mother is angry that their family did not know what had happened to DC, while MR’s family at least knew that their daughter was alive. DC’s family claim that because they thought DC was dead, they became ruined as a family and also lost all of their money, while MR’s family was able to live with the hope that MR was alive, and so they were able to make money and become more affluent and better off. The families are getting into a fight, with both mothers agreeing it is all the Dr. Hwang’s fault and how she’s going to kill him. Just then, DC brings the Dr. Hwang in, clearly expecting his family to take care of the Dr. Hwang and keep him hidden and safe.

BS sees MR again, and tells his grad student to ask her if her mother is Go Mi Ran. The student does, and comes back with the answer that it’s not her mother but herself who is Go Mi Ran. BS goes into shock, wondering if she’s reincarnated to come back to him.  A detour into BS’ vivid imaginations. LOL

DC’s family won’t take the Dr. Hwang, so MR’s father says that they’ll take him, but MR’s mother objects. They finally agree that MR’s family will take him during the nights, but that he will stay at DC’s family restaurant during the days.

DC’s station manager tries to convince DC to claim that he walked off the job, even giving DC his new car. DC throws a fit of anger, and asks why he should lie like that. The manager says that DC should think about his career and how it would affect it for the world to find out that he was part of that experiment. DC is still mad, but leaves, taking the manager’s car.

He calls MR, asking to see her. MR is at school in the cafeteria, where the two male students (JE and YJ) who had taken a fancy to her are also eating. She tries to feed bills into the credit card slot. LOL, so JE goes over to help her. She’s talking to JE saying how nice and handsome he is. It’s a cute bit where she’s also on the phone to DC, so every time she says something nice to JE, she says into the phone, “not PD-nim” meaning that she’s not talking to DC. JE has a cute smile, btw. Both boys agree to call MR “noona”.

DC goes to the school to see MR talking animatedly with JE and YJ. DC wonders why MR is so happy. He makes a snide comment that the boys are young enough to be her sons, to which she comes back with that she’s only 24, and that the 20 years that she spent frozen doesn’t count.

DC meets and old college friend who has recently become a grandfather. DC is a bit non-plussed. As is his friend who is surprised at how DC hasn’t changed at all.

DC gives MR a new phone. He had previously asked her to come up with a program idea to determine whether she’s suitable for an internship, and they start to talk about that. However, just then MR gets a call from her friends who are at school. MR drags DC to say hello to her friends, saying that her friends are really beautiful. Unfortunately, DC forgets that these are MR’s college friends, so that they are basically ajummas at this point. MR’s friends are taken with how good looking DC is, but he excuses himself and rushes off.

DC has agreed to say that he disappeared voluntarily, and will do so on HY’s broadcast. HY asks him out to dinner as they talk about it, but he refuses saying that he has to try to get closer to his family.

DC then meets with MR, where for possibly the first time, they have an awareness of each other. They review MR’s proposal. DC says that her proposal is a fail, but that she has the internship. MR isn’t happy about that, and wants her proposal to be accepted as well. DC says that proposals aren’t just created by a person overnight. They need to be worked on. DC also starts talking informally to MR, which causes MR to ask why. DC says that now that she is an intern, that means she’s a member of his staff and younger than him, so of course, he’s not going to speak formally to her any longer. MR agrees. DC tells her to rework her plan. Then, DC tries to take MR to his house to meet Dr. Hwang.

HY sees DC and MR being comfortable with each other, and is upset. DC and MR are going to his car, when the guys who are following DC around kidnap them and put them in their refrigerated truck. The kidnappers are thinking that the cold is going to cause DC and MR problems, not realizing that they are actually pretty comfortable at the lower temperature.

The kidnapper tries to get DC and MR to tell him where Dr. Hwang is, but they beat up the kidnapper, and his accomplice, once realizing what happened, drives off without DC or MR.

DC and MR start walking back to town, but MR collapses. DC piggybacks her and starts running. However, DC starts having issues as well from the heat. DC gets out to the major road and manages to stop a car and get a ride to a hospital. At the hospital, he tells them not to take her temperature, but to immediately put an IV in her, saying that she’s a special patient whose temperature shouldn’t be raised. Then he goes and dunks cold water over himself.

DC worries about MR in the waiting room of the hospital, and thinks back to their moments together. Just then HY calls him for his tv interview that night. Just before the interview, HY tries to hold his hand, probably in a gesture of comfort, but DC rejects her overture. At the interview, instead of the lie that he had voluntarily disappeared to take some time off, DC reveals that he is the world’s first frozen human.

Back at the hospital, MR finally opens her eyes.

Translation of this video preview:

MR: Even looking at him from afar, I can totally tell. So, what’s the point of trying to act nonchalant.
DC: You think that they really don’t know who ordered them to do this?
HY’s reporter colleague: What if we make the report first?
MR: I’m going to definitely become a proper employee.
DC: I’m going to take care of her to the end. I have a responsibility to Go Mi Ran’s life.
DC: If you mess around with Go Mi Ran one more time, I’ll totally kill you!
BS: You!
HY: We need to try again from that point. Our love isn’t completely over after all.
HY: I’ll wait for you.

The preview at the end of the episode had a couple of minor changes, so I'm just giving the translation of the preview from the end of the episode as well, since I wrote it up as I was watching it.

MR: Even looking at him from afar, I can totally tell. So, what’s the point of trying to act nonchalant.
DC: You think that they really don’t know who ordered them to do this?
HY’s reporter colleague: What if we make the report first?
MR: I’m going to show you my skills and definitely become a proper employee.
HY: Have you thought of why PD Ma Dong Chan is taking such good care of that experimental subject?
DC: I’m going to take care of her to the end. I have a responsibility to Go Mi Ran’s life.
DC: If you mess around with Go Mi Ran one more time, I’ll kill you!
BS: You!
HY: We need to try again from that point. Our love isn’t completely over after all.

1 hour ago, LavelyShai said:

Thanks. The text preview says he needs to protect Mi Ran?? What exactly happened in episode 5 that he needs to do this? Unless it's because of the story that ran about him reappearing again after 20 years. 

It's because MR has collapsed from the heat and is being treated at the hospital. I think that DC decides to reveal that he had been frozen and reanimated on the broadcast instead of telling the lie that he had voluntarily disappeared for the past 20 years because MR has collapsed because they had been kidnapped and put in a situation where they couldn't thermoregulate their bodies properly, and if their core temperature becomes too high, it's dangerous for them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

What a selfish cow :rage:

all she think of is me me me :unamused:

5da241ee59116707910163.gif?download

5da2421146f3f251823019.gif?download

• Like 5

[Ratings] "Melting Me Softly" 12 October Episode 5 Broadcast:

Nielsen Korea: 2.063% National (-1.138%); 2.126% Seoul (-1.124%)

TNMS: 2.1% (-1.60%)

All cable ratings were down many points for Saturday night.  "Three Meals a Day-Mountainside" premiered on 12 October, which could possibly push down the ratings a bit.  Can't blame Typhoon Hagibis, because it's supposed to completely miss the Korean Peninsula.  Can't blame the football or baseball matches, because no one was playing last night.  But to rank under the YTN 7:00pm News broadcast?  I have no freakin' idea WTF is going on with the lack of K-audience. :angry:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5da265fe42fab767793707.gif?download

Just Let’s not go far while looking 

I know best candidate for the husband role :mrgreen:

5da2659d646c3919689709.gif?download

• LOL 5

I watched episode 5 without the subtitles. Will go back when all subtitles are done. I am soooo disappointed with the ratings! Feel so helpless when international fans' input doesn't count. I feel for the cast and staff. I hope JCW doesn't take on the burden. Without the subtitles, I still laughed when he started to drive the new car...all the bells and whistles. Reminded me of when my husband pushed the seat heater button in my car and wondered why his seat was on fire. MMS...fighting!!!

• Like 3

I think ep 5 was really good. Finally starting to get moving. The chemistry between the two is really good and super cute even though I see why people are saying some parts seem to be off with the drama overall (scene tones from comedic to serious). I think the story between the two leads is what makes me keep watching the drama. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, cherkell said:

All cable ratings were down many points for Saturday night.  "Three Meals a Day-Mountainside" premiered on 12 October, which could possibly push down the ratings a bit.  Can't blame Typhoon Hagibis, because it's supposed to completely miss the Korean Peninsula.  Can't blame the football or baseball matches, because no one was playing last night.  But to rank under the YTN 7:00pm News broadcast?  I have no freakin' idea WTF is going on with the lack of K-audience. :angry:

JTBC's 'My Country' raised from 3.8% on Friday to 4.8% on Saturday though

• Like 2

Saw episode 5 and I am enjoying the pacing now especially now that we have the cover up issue out in the open. I personally think it's a good way to begin the wrap up on Dong Chan and Ha Yeong, it sucks for both, but they're not the same people (well technically one is). Ha Yeong chose her path by accepting the job and while she may be living in the past, Dong Chan is ready to move on and start experiencing the world he missed out on for 20 years. He's also seeing people for who they really are so it will make him appreciate those who are most sincere. It's why he's going to lean more on Mi Ran, even if he feels responsible for her now. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cherkell said:

Haven’t watched the episode* yet but this really surprises me. It is a live broadcast number right? Doesn’t include streaming? Because that could play a big part. A younger audience is out partying and then watches it the next day? I was surprised it was in a weekend spot. Expected a mid week one. 

And thanks for these numbers. I’ve never actively followed viewership/ratings before so this is really interesting. 

*im probably going to wait for a couple and then go back to beginning and binge—I hope that the pacing will be better that way. 

• Like 1

TBH, I feel a little bad for Na Ha Yeong character. Back then, even if she keep fighting against the tv station and uncovered the truth to public, nothing would be changed. She couldn't save him either because prof. Hwang was in coma.

I hope the writers make another reason for Ma Dong Chan to leave Na Ha Yeong. Not only because he feels more comfortable with Mi Ran, now. Afer just a few weeks, and Dong Chan already had a changed heart. Hmmm

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Prettysup said:

JTBC's 'My Country' raised from 3.8% on Friday to 4.8% on Saturday though

TMNS has come under fire for over/under-reporting ratings in the past, so they've totally changed the way they are calculating them now.  No more splitting the numbers into Nationwide and Seoul Metropolitan categories; all are lumped under one TNMS aggregate.  There are 3 categories that TNMS utilises:

1.  The free over-the-air channels (KBS1/KBS2/SBS/MBC) are calculated under the "Terresterial" grouping.

2.  The free-over-the-air cable channels (JTBC/TV Chosun/MBN/Channel A) ratings are calculated under the "General Cable" grouping.*

3.  Pay cable channels OCN/tvN/YTN/Yonhap News are calculated under the "Cable" grouping.**

*Depending on what television cable package a household subscribes to, these channels are added at no additional cost.

** These channels will always be a extra cost to a household cable package.

So the programs that were lumped into the "Cable" grouping all had horrible ratings for Saturday night broadcasts, ranging from 2.9% all the way down to 1.4%.  I have yet to read if there was an outage or other situation that sent the Cable group tumbling like that.  And yes, there are live numbers reported along the way that fluctuate, but it's the final aggregate number which is reported to the media outlets.

I personally still don't know what to make of the show so far.  Because of work issues, I have yet to actually sit down and watch a whole episode from start to finish.  But what I have seen so far, I can safely say that Dong-chan's family should be taken out to the countryside and dumped there permanently for their own good.  They're absolutely worthless and serve no purpose to move the plot along.  :angry:

EDIT:  I'm trying to watch Episode 6 on my way to the office.  I noticed that Im Won Hee's hairstyle has changed quite a bit from his appearance in the TBO studios for Dong-chan's newscast to the next day when Hyeon-gi and the General Manager are meeting.  Wondering if some scenes were re-shot taking the ratings in mind?  Hmmmmm.... <_<

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2