Jang Ki Yong ✿ 장기용 ✿ 張基龍

Ki Yong once mentioned the part where Morgan and Tami bicker or tease each other is very similar to him. Other than that, not so sure what other characteristics are similar, but definitely not cooking / home-making skills because hahaha, he's too inexperience with his knife skills in the BTS. Can't help but tease him about this, although I love how after cutting the onions/tofu, he seeks for praise and approvals from the staff. Too cute!

Soo Jung had been a great noona and sunbae. She was all but praises for him, from saying he's like a guy that comes out from a comic book to the finale BTS where she thanked him for being her Park Morgan. *Wails* - I miss my Tami and Morgan. @elizabeth Not just Morgan, he was sweeping me off my feet (and everyone else) in Go Back Couple already. If the script wasn't clear about the main leads finding their way back to each other, I'd definitely support a Nam Gil sunbae with Jin Joo pairing. Morgan felt like an extension of Nam Gil, don't you girls think? They both have two mothers too, lol. Oh I think I read it somewhere he caught the writer's attention coz of Go Back Couple (this needs verification, so take it with a grain of salt).

• Like 2

@mademoisellesia yes, I can’t forget about Go Back Couple. I was rooting for Nam Gil and Jin Joo even though we know he’ll get his heart broken in the end. I like that drama and Nam Gil definitely stole the spotlight from Ban Do. 

I miss Ta Mi and Mo Gun as well. They have so much chemistry on screen and I loved that they praises each other during interviews and BTS. It really shows that they had fun working together. Hopefully he’ll get to work with another great actress.

• Like 2

@elizabeth Stealing spotlight from Ban Do - HAHAHA yes he so did especially when Nam Gil towers over Ban Do. Every time I see those scenes it cracks me up. Although the drama has its unrealistic fantasy part, but I really like the other aspects of things it touched on. Plus Kim Mi Kyung as Jang Nara's Omma, makes me cry all the time.

18 minutes ago, elizabeth said:

I miss Ta Mi and Mo Gun as well. They have so much chemistry on screen and I loved that they praises each other during interviews and BTS. It really shows that they had fun working together. Hopefully he’ll get to work with another great actress.

Yes. Some dramas at the beginning we can see the OTP hasn't gotten over the awkwardness when acting close/intimate scenes, but with Ki Yong & Soo Jung, they were already natural from the very beginning, which makes them believable on screen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jelly said:

And his character in Search: WWW is so different to me in that regards, much more softer here than in CAHM where there were times I was a bit scared of him whenever he would creepy smile (He would be a fun Joker/since Jang has said this is one his favorite performances in film). Hope he continues on this path and takes on more interesting/dynamic roles going forward.

I couldn't shake off the softness and cuteness of his in Search:WWW! I had to watch Kill It, My Ahjussi, CAHM after all the fluff I need time to accept Go Back Couple .. and I'm scarred hahaahahah! How can he look so good in terrifying scenes and also look good in romance scenes?

Looking forward to all his projects! His filmography is so diverse.. there's gonna be plenty of opportunities for him in film and series.

• Like 2

I'm gonna miss Park Morgan the most among all characters in Search:WWW.

If I was Bae Tami, I definitely won't let him go:D

EAsPKKoVAAYRnqv?format=jpg&name=large

I pray for the great success for his movie too. I hope it won't take long to see him in another drama project.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

[Movie] 2019.07.30 BTS of Bad Guys

Photo Session - Everyone looks at the right direction except Ki Yong. HAHAHA.

img.gif

Even CJ Entertainment finds it funny and did a Ki Yong cut.

Spoiler

REMINDER: Please ensure to remove images, IG or Twitter post and videos per Soompi rules when using "Quote" button to post.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jelly said:

It's crazy because in CAHM, he looks svelte and I got distracted several times because I was like hot damn He looks so model like in this frame and such LOL. His cheekbones and frame were well pronounced, and then shortly after he did Kill It and he looked a bit bigger given the action. But still lanky, and then boom Search:WWW a bit fuller but adorable. 

Was just having this conversation with @mademoisellesia that I liked him during Kill It and Search: WWW. I like him with a little bit of meat... on the fuller side. His rounder face and cheeks are very pinchable and cute. And I agreed as well that he has come a long way and has been improving by taking on various of roles. He may have a pretty face but when he does action, he delivers his role/character so well. I was reading on instagram that he did his own stunt in Bad Guys. Action really suits him and I hope to see him in more action movies or playing a secret agent, soldier, warrior, or even a prince. 

@forwww You’ll have to watch Go Back Couple. JKY was so handsome in that drama. 

• Like 2

@forwww +1 for recommendation of Go Back Couple. You won't regret it. I'd also recommend watching his dramas in sequence. The Boy Next Door shouldn't be missed too, just to see how he could do comedy as well. The Liar & His Lover can be skipped. Most importantly you must watch My Ahjussi. It's this role that surprises me the most & convinced me "Wow, this pretty boy can do "bad" too". Versatility in an actor? LOVE! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

@forwww +1 for recommendation of Go Back Couple. You won't regret it. I'd also recommend watching his dramas in sequence. The Boy Next Door shouldn't be missed too, just to see how he could do comedy as well. The Liar & His Lover can be skipped. Most importantly you must watch My Ahjussi. It's this role that surprises me the most & convinced me "Wow, this pretty boy can do "bad" too". Versatility in an actor? LOVE! 

I watched Go Back Couple! But I feel like a fooooool because I rooted for him.. HAHAHA! That's why I don't consider it XD

I first watched him in his web dramas with Dara, that's seriously boyfriend-y material esp in We Broke Up :(

I watched My Ahjussi then after that CAHM... imagine all the pain I was in after all the heart fluttering scenes from Search:WWW. But the pain and angst was so good.... he makes it worth it haha! I am really amazed at how his gaze can say a thousand words already. Sometimes he's like a puppy you wanna pet but then he can also bite XD

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Fantaken photos...

I just love his smile...:wub:

Spoiler

EAzJ3azUIAAhZY2?format=jpg&name=large

Credit on pic

P/S: I was able to persuade a friend to watch Ki Yong in Come and Hug Me. She started to like him after watching Search:WWW.

Wait Ki Yong, I'll make sure she will become your fan too! :lol:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I was thinking what I was missing today.... turned it out it was the live stream lmao! hahaha

Anyways, thanks @mademoisellesia for the full vid! I'm LOLing at him trying to mime words so it wouldn't be heard when we can all see it through the camera hahahaahah

If I'm not mistaken, this is Kiyong's fave song at the moment? Or is it like his song rec hahaha! 

He'S SOOOOOO CUTEEEEEEEEEEEEE SINGING ALONG huhu

• Like 1

[Fan Pics] 2019.07.31 Before & After Press Con of Bad Guys - The Movie

Gosh I couldn't take my eyes off his chest for a while from the right picture (channeling my inner Bae Tami). :wub:

@forwww I think he said it's a song he likes. I tried to watch the whole thing, but after dinner all the oxygen went to my stomach, I nearly fell asleep watching without subs. Fingers crossed his fansites would translate. Too difficult to decipher with lack of oxygen... :D A few portion did get translated, so one of the things he said (worth mentioning) is he said Im Soo Jung is cute on the set, and gave him a lot of help esp. in the beginning when he's nervous. I believe with my poor hearing he also explained which side of Morgan that he's similar too, which is the 'teasing' and 'joking around'.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

38 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

@forwww I think he said it's a song he likes.

Yey! New addition to my playlist haha

I couldn't watch the whole thing attentively since I'm working, but glad kbs shared this:

I love any type of music and it's one of the first thing I love to ask when I meet new people. Glad we get to know which type of songs he listens too~ I'm slowly... falling.. deeply... :wub:

• Like 2