Jang Ki Yong ✿ 장기용 ✿ 張基龍

Jang Ki Yong Discharged From The Military + Revealed To Have Renewed Contract With YG

Jang Ki Yong Discharged From The Military + Revealed To Have Renewed Contract With YG

Jang Ki Yong has made his long-awaited return!

On February 22, the actor was discharged from his mandatory service after one year and six months of serving as an active duty soldier.

jang-ki-yong-2.jpeg

Following his discharge, Jang Ki Yong commented, “Thank you for waiting for me for a long time,” and added, “I will work to greet you soon with a great production.”

jang-ki-yong-1.jpeg

In addition, it was belatedly revealed that Jang Ki Yong renewed his contract with YG Entertainment before his enlistment. The agency commented, “As a companion and partner of Jang Ki Yong, we promise to provide our full support and gear up to aid his return as an actor.”

Spoiler

jang-ki-yong.jpeg

Welcome back, Jang Ki Yong!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1568018wpp/jang-ki-yong-discharged-from-the-military-revealed-to-have-renewed-contract-with-yg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Jang Ki Yong And Chun Woo Hee Confirmed To Star In New Drama

Jang Ki Yong And Chun Woo Hee Confirmed To Star In New Drama

Warning: contains mentions of disorders including mental disorders and eating disorders.

Jang Ki Yong and Chun Woo Hee will be starring in the new JTBC drama “Although I Am Not a Hero” (literal title)!

“Although I Am Not a Hero” tells the story of a supernatural family who lost their powers. The drama will be directed by Cho Hyun Tak, who helmed the dramas “Maids,” “Mirror of the Witch,” “SKY Castle,” and “Snowdrop,” and will be scripted by writer Joo Hwa Mi, who wrote dramas including “Waiting for Love,” “Marriage, Not Dating,” “Introverted Boss,” and “Meow, the Secret Boy.”

Jang Ki Yong will take on the role of Bok Gwi Joo, a man who lost his psychic power due to depression. Bok Gwi Joo’s supernatural ability enables him to return to the past but only to the times he was happy. As he can’t change the past, there is nothing he can do other than dwell on his past happiness, which is also fading away along with his ability. However, Bok Gwi Joo’s unhappy life faces a change when Do Da Hae appears in front of him.

Chun Woo Hee will play the role of Do Da Hae, a suspicious woman who appears in front of a family with supernatural powers. While planning to take on a new challenge, Do Da Hae gets entangled with Bok Gwi Joo, who is suffering from depression and has lost his psychic power, and his family, who also lost their abilities due to insomnia, bulimia, and a smartphone addiction, and starts living with the Bok family as if it is fated to be.

Jang Ki Yong, who was discharged from the military earlier in February, remarked, “It’s been a long time since I’ve worked on a project, so I’m working on it half with excitement and half with anticipation. I will keep this pleasant excitement until the end and greet viewers with a great project. Please show lots of anticipation and interest.”

Chun Woo Hee, who received great love from viewers through various projects, also shared, “‘Although I Am Not a Hero’ is a heartwarming drama about family and happiness. I’m looking forward to what my chemistry will be like with great actors including Jang Ki Yong. I hope we will be happy during filming. Please show lots of interest [for our drama].”

“Although I Am Not a Hero” is set to premiere in 2024. Stay tuned for more updates!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1610009wpp/jang-ki-yong-and-chun-woo-hee-confirmed-to-star-in-new-drama