Jang Ki Yong ✿ 장기용 ✿ 張基龍

[News] 2019.05.24 Jang Ki Yong And Im Soo Jung Talk About Their Romantic Chemistry In tvN’s Upcoming Drama “WWW”

D7TnAXXU8AAzVTL.jpg:large

Is this a deliberate parody of Go Back Couple? Hahaha...

“WWW” stars Jang Ki Yong and Im Soo Jung dished on their chemistry in the upcoming drama!

tvN’s “WWW” is a new romance drama that will follow the realistic love lives of three career women who work at Korea’s top search engine companies. Im Soo Jung will star as Bae Ta Mi, a strategic manager at Korea’s No. 1 portal site Unicorn, while Jang Ki Yong will star as Park Mo Gun, a genius composer who sweeps the career-oriented Bae Ta Mi off her feet.

The two co-stars both spoke highly of each other, with Jang Ki Yong remarking, “[Im Soo Jung] is an actor that I liked so much that I always made sure to watch her [films and dramas]. I was excited when I heard that I’d be working with her, and I’m still amazed by the fact that I’m acting together with her.”

Meanwhile, Im Soo Jung recalled, “My first impression of Jang Ki Yong was, ‘It’s Mo Gun!’ Even in real life, his vibe is very similar to Mo Gun’s.” She added, “Our acting teamwork on set is great, and we get along very well.”

D7TnAXYV4AE1hrD.jpg:large

Im Soo Jung also expressed her excitement for the romantic chemistry that their characters would display in the upcoming drama. “Park Mo Gun brings warmth and emotion to Ta Mi’s brutal daily life,” she commented. “Ta Mi is bothered by the fact that she showed Mo Gun her flows, but Mo Gun, who suddenly appears in her life, finds that side of Ta Mi cute and endearing.”

She went on, “By watching the two of them, viewers will be able to feel their own hearts flutter and absorb [the characters’] bright energy.”

Jang Ki Yong added, “Because the two of them aren’t typical characters, they present an unending array of new charms. They switch back and forth between bickering and sweetness, and they also occasionally deliver unexpected laughs.”

He concluded, “They’re a couple with refreshing charms, so please show them a lot of anticipation and love.”

tvN’s “WWW” is scheduled to premiere on June 5 at 9:30 p.m. KST. In the meantime, you can check out the latest teasers for the drama here!

Source (1) via soompi

• Love 1

[Magazine/News] 2019.05.31 High Cut Vol 242 /

Jang Ki Yong And Im Soo Jung On Why They’re Excited To Work Together In New Drama “Search: WWW”

X3ElRzg.jpg

Jang Ki Yong and Im Soo Jung showed off their chemistry in a gorgeous pictorial and talked about their teamwork.

On May 31, High Cut magazine released photos of the two star of tvN’s upcoming drama “Search: WWW.”

“When I first received and read the script, I thought that it was a female character I hadn’t really seen before in Korean dramas,” said Im Soo Jung in an accompanying interview. “I felt like it was quite rare.”

About the drama being centered around portal sites and realtime trending searches, she commented, “In some way, I had been the target of those keywords as someone whose job is an actor. Acting as a character who controls and discusses that made me feel some kind of thrill because it felt as if I had earned an industry secret.”

On working with Jang Ki Yong, she said, “Ki Yong matches really well with his character Park Mo Gun in ‘Search: WWW.’ Compared to other actors his age, Ki Yong has a calm, mature side to him in real life. We have good teamwork while acting, so I’m curious as to how our chemistry will be perceived by viewers. I know that Ki Yong has many fans, and I think that he’ll have even more fans after the drama ends.”

QtuUfpC.jpg

“Out of Im Soo Jung’s projects, I liked ‘Finding Mr. Destiny,‘” stated Jang Ki Yong. “Not only that, but I also watched ‘I’m Sorry, I Love You‘ and ‘I’m a Cyborg, But That’s OK.’ It feels really fascinating and exciting that we get to work together on the same project, so I want to do an even better job.”

He continued, “[My character] doesn’t really have a cold or scary side. I can say that he’s the brightest character out of the ones I’ve portrayed so far. New charms seep out of him every time, and I also look forward to what he’ll do every time the script comes out.”

Spoiler

ZRMkPGj.jpg

XQCcSHW.jpg

“Search: WWW” premieres on June 5 at 9:30 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki. Check out the preview below!

source: Soompi & High Cut

• Like 1

[Video] 2019.05.31 A Short Clip of Search:WWW Cast Interacting with Fans On Mobile

They were asked to type the words on the board and see if they could type faster than the audiences, I think.

[Press Con] 2019.05.31 Jang Ki Yong Promises Free Hugs If Ratings Go Over 10%

Spoiler

• Like 1

I’m so proud that his drama is doing so well. Search: WWW is on fire. I love how he’s being flirty with Im Soo Jung’s character. He has a good eye of choosing his projects. Hopefully the next one will be just as great. 

With all the scandals/controversies surrounding YG Ent. I really hope that this doesn’t effect his activities. I know he’s suppose to have a fan meeting soon but with all the fan petition going on and trying to ban artists from future activities (which is ridiculous).. I just really hope that this won’t effect his work. Wishing him the best of luck and in everything that he does. 

• Like 1