Jang Ki Yong ✿ 장기용 ✿ 張基龍

[Drama/News] 2019.05.08 "WWW" Releases First Stills of Jang Ki Yong

tvN has released stills of Jang Ki Yong showing off his diverse charms for his upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama “WWW”!

“WWW” is a new comedy drama about women who work at a search engine company and their romantic relationships with men. Jang Ki Yong will be taking on the role of the genius composer Park Mo Geon who suddenly appears in Bae Ta Mi’s (Im Soo Jung’s) life. Bae Ta Mi is a competitive woman who loves work more than dating, but Park Mo Geon will be bringing change to her intense everyday life in the form of joy and laughter.

In the teasers that were previously released, Park Mo Geon showed his overflowing affection for Bae Ta Mi no matter what the circumstance. Despite his only similarities with Bae Ta Mi being that they both like gaming and that they work in the same IT industry, Park Mo Geon respects and loves Ba Tae Mi’s every moment. Having demonstrated his acting skills in various genres, viewers are excited to see how Jang Ki Yong will take on the character of the loving Park Mo Geon in this new romance story.

The production team of “WWW” said, “Park Mo Geon loves and cares for Bae Ta Mi unlike any other. He’s a charming character who, after meeting Bae Ta Mi, begins to love not only her but also his own life even more. Jang Ki Yong perfectly melted into Park Mo Geon’s everyday life in which he’s unable to stop smiling in front of Bae Ta Mi. Park Mo Geon will shake the viewers’ hearts with his bright energy from the first episode.”

“WWW” is a collaboration between “Mr. Sunshine” co-director Jung Ji Hyun and writer Kwon Do Eun, who gained experience working under writer Kim Eun Sook. The drama will premiere on June 5, taking over the time slot for “Her Private Life.”

source: soompi

---

Ok this is pretty much a Kim Soo Hyun's hairstyle in later stage of Killer, but I don't care coz I like it :D so pretty pleasseeee don't cut it (too much) in mid-drama.

@elizabeth Yeah as pointed out by the Korean fans for the matching attires. He has to film WWW, so it wouldn't make sense to go overseas for a super-short holiday.

• Like 1

[News] 2019.05.08 Jang Ki Yong to Hold Japan Fan Meeting "First Contact"

006xRwhGly1g2tyb42aemj30ka0sldp4.jpg

Date: August 2, 2019

Venue: Tokyo Yamano Hall

Price: 10,800 yen (including tax)

After FM, all attendees get to high-5 and take group photos with Ki Yong.

Tickets goes on sale tomorrow May 9 on KOARI's website.

source: koari

Ticket price is expensive!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

[Drama] 2019.05.14 WWW's New Teaser of Jang Ki Yong & Im Soo Jung

LOL, for a split second I thought I saw Nam Gil sunbae.

Same here. Every time he combed his hair to the side like that, it always reminds me of his character Nam Gil. I love it. He’s so handsome.

• Like 1

[Weibo] 2019.05.20 Jang Ki Yong's Weibo Update

Translation: Hello everyone. I am actor Jang Ki Yong. Here we are at the shooting location of Search:WWWW. I heard that today May 20 is China's Confession Day, so I too am sending you my greetings. Please give some love to our drama and I also hope you would give Park Mo Gun some interest and love. Thank you. I love you. Thank you.

Original source: Jang Ki Yong's Weibo

• Love 1

I love JKY’s personality. He definitely has a lot of characteristics in him. He is always bringing laughter to the set. I hope that when he reaches his 30’s or coming back from the military (I don’t even want to think about his military duty) that he never change. I hope he continues to be this bubbly person. 

• Like 1

JKY sent JKJ a coffee truck to support her on the set of The Secret Life Of My Secretary. So sweet of him. I’m suddenly missing Namoo and Nak Won. Hopefully they can work together again as a couple in the near future. 

Credits: leehansolution

[Drama/News] 2019.05.23 Jang Ki Yong On Why He Immediately Liked “WWW” And How He’s Similar To His Character

D7O_KQDVUAAO6iU.jpg:large

Jang Ki Yong talked about his character in the upcoming tvN drama “WWW” and what drew him to the role.

In the drama, which is about career women who work at search engine companies (played by Im Soo Jung, Lee Da Hee, and Jeon Hye Jin) and their real romances with men, Jang Ki Yong takes on the role of Park Mo Gun, a genius composer and CEO of a company that writes music for games.

“Park Mo Gun has a charm that’s completely different from other male leads in romance dramas,” said Jang Ki Yong. This unique character, as well as the writing for the drama, was what drew him to the project. He said, “From the moment I first saw the script, it was a page-turner. More than anything, Park Mo Gun’s lines were fun and charming, and I remember laughing a lot. I liked that the character was assertive when it came to love while having some off-the-wall qualities.”

Jang Ki Yong said he wanted to do a romance drama after playing some intense characters in previous works, like OCN’s “Kill It.” On the search engine company setting of “WWW,” he said, “I was interested even before I saw the script. It’s fresh and trendy, but at the same time, the story is close enough to reality to draw the interest of viewers, so I felt that the drama was special.”

Among the characters he’s played so far in his career, Park Mo Gun is the most similar to his real-life personality, said the actor. “He seems quiet at first, but as he gets closer to people, he becomes very playful.”

D7O_KQCV4AAuk4E.jpg:large

“WWW” is directed by Jung Ji Hyun, a co-director of “Mr. Sunshine,” and writer Kwon Do Eun, who previously worked under writer Kim Eun Sook (“Mr. Sunshine,” “Goblin,” “Descendants of the Sun“).

The drama premieres on June 5 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

Source (1) via Soompi