Go Joon 고준 ❤️

Ameera Ali

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Eh what’s with all these people wanting to be a priest :joy:

Just like other students, he also went through a tough period of puberty and being a rebellious kid. “Up until that moment, I didn’t have any dream. I did have one dream when I was younger, which was to become a priest. I became one of the altar boys who assisted the priest during Mass, starting from the first year of elementary school until I entered middle school for about 6 years. I made it until I became the leader of the altar servers, believing that I would eventually walk the path of priesthood.” To the young Go Joon, the priest in his white robe standing in front of the attendees against the blaring holy organ pipe sound inside the huge church was probably the coolest image he had in his mind. Perhaps, it is a blessing for us when the boy chose the secular world instead of entering the monastery as his eyes of reasoning were made open. “It was vague, but the image of an actor standing on the stage to act in front of his audience has a similar vibe to that of a priest.”

However, the image Go Joon is talking about is not that of a showman. “When I got older, I gave a long thought about why I was so fascinated with the priest. There’s only one reason: healing. He is someone who gives comfort to and consoles many people. I’m not talking about self-healing; it’s to provide emotional healing to others. Everyone has their own trauma. I view the roles I portray as real people who live in this world, so I work hard to speak for their wounds. If that’s not it, then I have no reason to become an actor. I don’t concentrate on getting my own name out there. I actually feel shy and embarrassed.” The real-life Go Joon is always embarrassed during the filming session. He doesn’t really have any interest in the things he is adorned with, be it the clothes, the cars, or even the cool watches. He is someone who doesn’t even put on lotion daily and arrives at the studio in his comfortable tracksuit as if he’s just going to a neighbourhood mart. “But still, this is a nice tracksuit. I’m wearing everything people give to me…(laughs)”

He doesn’t have any worldly desires but he’s still taking care of his health diligently. He rummages through his bag and takes out a pouch drink before sucking it. It is a packet of red ginseng juice. He can’t take meals regularly since he’s building his body. He still possesses the fresh and manly charms seen in those youth stars in their 20s. There are a lot of actors who shot into stardom late into their career, but Go Joon is far from the so-called “typical actors”. He’s an actor who neither specialized in playing villains nor the sweet secondary characters. He is a Cinderella Man who rises amidst the cheers of the female fans. Go Joon was born in 1978. His success story was something never seen before. “The truth is, I still find it hard to believe that something like this is happening to me…although I also have my share of worries, I should do well. It feels like I’m getting promoted at my workplace, little by little.”

https://thetalkingcupboard.com/2018/03/30/go-joon-vogue-april-2018-interview/

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2020 at 5:26 PM, triplem said:

On 4/27/2019 at 6:55 PM, Lawyerh said:

Kevin Lee in Misty is one interesting character. Eventhough hes a side character, but he contributes a lot to the whole story. Im not familiar with him at first and thought is he also the main role? So my point is, he do have great presence in screen. All the best for his work in future. 

oh, @Lawyerh, I first saw him in Misty...Loved him so much there. He did a fantastic job. And I knew I will follow him.

@Ameera Ali, Thank you for starting this thread!
Waves to @triplem, @Lawyerh, and everyone else here. panda-wave-smiley-emoticon.gif

On 5/3/2019 at 5:29 AM, Lawyerh said:

Btw he was also in The Good Wife. I cant remember him much. I think he was CEO of some shaddy developer company. 

oh,  I have to watch this Drama. I have been meaning to do that forever... you for the nudge, @Lawyerh

On 6/7/2020 at 5:26 PM, triplem said:

There are a lot of actors who shot into stardom late into their career, but Go Joon is far from the so-called “typical actors”. He’s an actor who neither specialized in playing villains nor the sweet secondary characters. He is a Cinderella Man who rises amidst the cheers of the female fans. Go Joon was born in 1978. His success story was something never seen before.

@triplem, thank you so much for this article.  I still wonder where he came from.  I first saw him in "Misty"and was amazed by him....And I kept thinking "Where did he come from...?"  Now I know, that he started as a stage actor...

Now, I am loving him in "Oh My Baby".  Is everyone watching it?

photo1175322.jpg

photo1180046.jpg

photo1189160.jpg

oh, I forgot, here is the  Soompi article about the new Drama. And it comes from the scriptwriter of "Misty"!

14a9c6ae9ab642ad8f49e5c592af18dd.jpeg?s=

Jo Yeo Jeong, Go Joon, And Yeonwoo Confirmed + Kim Young Dae Reported To Star In New Drama About Affairs

Jo Yeo Jeong and Go Joon are confirmed to lead the upcoming KBS 2TV drama “If You Cheat, You Die” (literal translation)!

On June 22, a source from Jo Yeo Jeong’s agency High Entertainment shared, “It is true that Jo Yeo Jeong is starring in ‘If You Cheat, You Die,” and a source from Go Joon’s agency Story J Company also confirmed, “Go Joon will star in ‘If You Cheat, You Die.’ The script reading took place today.”

“If You Cheat, You Die” is described as a story of several individuals who deal with marriage, divorce, and affairs with a guilty conscience. Jo Yeo Jeong will play the bestselling novelist Jang Yeo Joo, while Go Joon take on the role of Han Woo Sung, a divorce lawyer.

Yeonwoo is also confirmed to appear in the drama as Mi Rae, a college student whose true thoughts are difficult to read. Yeonwoo said to Seoul Economics Daily, “I’ll be greeting viewers as a refreshing university student through this project. I’m working hard to show great acting to everyone, so please look forward to it.” A source from MLD Entertainment also shared, “Yeonwoo confirmed her appearance in ‘If You Cheat, You Die’ and participated in the script reading today.”

According to several news outlets, Kim Young Dae was also cast in the drama, but his agency has not yet released a statement to confirm this fact. He was reportedly cast as a National Intelligence Service agent who meets Jo Yeo Jeong’s character Kang Yeo Joo. Kim Young Dae rose to stardom with the popular MBC drama “Extraordinary You” and JTBC’s “I’ll Go to You When the Weather is Nice.”

“If You Cheat, You Die” is slated to begin airing in the second half of this year.

source

heloooooo @irilight...so happy to see you here...GJ is a nice discovery. Misty was the first time I saw him. Lucky devil kissed all the women there ... but it was only in The Fiery Priest that I took greater notice. Absolutely loving Oh My Baby. Yi Sang is too cute....come by the thread if you have time

GJ updated his IG with pics of him and his nieces

On 6/24/2020 at 9:28 AM, triplem said:

heloooooo @irilight...so happy to see you here...GJ is a nice discovery. Misty was the first time I saw him. Lucky devil kissed all the women there ... but it was only in The Fiery Priest that I took greater notice. Absolutely loving Oh My Baby. Yi Sang is too cute....come by the thread if you have time

Thank you, @triplem.The feeling is mutual.
Yes, I agree about Yi Sang. Sure I'll be happy to drop by that thread...  But I only have eyes for Go Joon..haha. I cannot imagine that Drama with anyone else in that role..
Thank you for the goodies photos.

Glad to see Go Joon on this list:
5005e5b2e6cafa5f15e73f3deebfe8b4de09469d

• Guest changed the title to Go Joon 고준 ❤️

Archived