Quantcast
icyphoenix

[Drama 2019] Graceful Family, 우아한 가

1 hour ago, Ameera Ali said:

If they leave her she will be like little fish in a big sea - finally found a song for the water splash scene :mrgreen: 

Me ain’t helping her... :P 

I don’t really want to overthink it, but I would be disappointed if Grandpa Mo is having affair with SH’s mother and SH is born out of that affair. I’d rather that her biological mother be Jung. Han can remain as her beloved mother because after all she was the one who raised her. Just like YD has a very loving relationship with his adopted father, SH can have had a loving relationship with a non-biological mother. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, Bejaffled said:

SHs mum, is her actual mum. Not the maid, or Ms Han. The youngest son is the Chairmans son. TOP manipulated his DNA test and had WS claim him to get rid of the actress and cover for the Chairmans dirty ways. Old Wang/Grandpa had an affair with SHs mum (his sons wife) that produced a child, which is why the Grandma killed herself 30 years ago. SHs mum must have been seen to be pregnant for everyone to assume the Chairman was the father. Yes, SH being Grandpas daughter is a twist, (though an obvious one) but I'm pretty sure that's her only birth secret. She was super close with her mum, and the whole purpose of this show is for SH to discover who murdered her beloved mother and take revenge. I doubt they'll add another twist that makes that relationship a lie. 

I agree. One of the strengths of the show is cohesiveness of the story and they were pretty consistent with that so I  also don't think they will add another complex twist, especially that the story is nearing the end.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

@ktcjdrama She would be born of an affair either way. Since Grandpa Mo had an affair either way and that caused his wife to commit suicide as was stated in the end of episode 14. Honestly i don't care who is the mother, i'm just happy that the current chairman isn't SH father since he's a real bastard. As i said earlier, i'm happy that SH real father(former chairman) atleast loved her.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, DreamCatcher2011 said:

then who is the youngest son's father?

Sorry, I have a feeling I've gotten completely confused on that now.  I really thought it was Oldest Son but maybe not?

6 hours ago, mylovekge said:

You know this thought actually came to me while watching the subbed episode. What if she was the mom?

This is a great theory!  But it's so late in the drama that it seems not likely.  If they had dropped clues lots earlier on, it would make sense.  SH's relationship with her mom was so strong that it would be kinda sad to taint that now.

4 hours ago, Lmangla said:

you could see the confusion on their face on whether it was necessary to go that far but they are used to taking her orders and so don't say.

It's more than just being accustomed to taking her orders:  they KNOW exactly what will happen to them if they betray her even in the smallest way.  Scary.  Han doesn't just destroy people; she grinds them into dust.

Looking forward to when the TOP team realizes that their only hope is to follow SH and YD.

3 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

If they leave her she will be like little fish in a big sea

We cannot allow Han to become a fish.  That role belongs to Picasso!  > * ))))) >< {{

....................Good news for Second Son in real life:

“Graceful Family” Actor Kim Jin Woo Announces Birth Of Daughter

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

10 minutes ago, Lunkera said:

@ktcjdrama She would be born of an affair either way. Since Grandpa Mo had an affair either way and that caused his wife to commit suicide as was stated in the end of episode 14. Honestly i don't care who is the mother, i'm just happy that the current chairman isn't SH father since he's a real bastard. As i said earlier, i'm happy that SH real father(former chairman) atleast loved her.

I know she is still born out of an affair but I don’t wish it to be that particular affair ie. of her “grandpa”/father and his daughter-in-law...

Now I am more convinced that Mo isn’t aware that SH is not his daughter but his half-sister. He would’ve asked Han to take care of her in a more severe way if he had known. Now I wonder how a DNA test between SH and old chairman was possible when he is already dead... 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 4

19 minutes ago, Lunkera said:

But it makes a difference if MWP had an affair with his daughter-in-law or not... it is more scandalous. So the reputation of SH's mother would be really tarnished and destroyed. It is different, when her biological mother has been working for WMP for many years. After his wife's death, he could have married her but he didn't.

@thistle @DreamCatcher2011 It was never questioned that SJ's father was not chairman Mo. I am quite sure that a paternity test was done before. Ms. Ha would have requested it. WS only declared, he was SJ's father as he had been ordered by Ms. Han. 

I hope, the actual TOP members get punished for their wrongdoings. I mean, the judge Lee was literally kidnapped, another member hacked into YD's account aso. They all committed crimes but legitimate their actions for the sake of MC Group. They helped Ms. Han to corner Young Joo Il and drove him to commit suicide: defamation, fabrication of evidence, coercion, aso.... They need to be sent to jail as well. Sure, in the last episode, they started having some doubt but they still followed her orders. They are as guilty as she was.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, mylovekge said:

Her persistence and determination to manipulate everyone around her is surely not just rooted from her pursuit for power. There sure is a reason deeper than this. It can't be that simple, can it? 

I have been wondering about this.  Why did Grandpa Mo choose her after all?  Han said that she loves MC Group more than the Mo Family.  What is it that attracts her?  Why is she so addicted to power and vengeance? 

We haven't seen enough of her backstory to understand.  This drama is so well-written and so tight but this is something that hasn't been addressed and time is really short now with only two episodes left.

• Like 5

@thistle I know, I've been waiting for her backstory the moment she had her eyes on yeon do. I was expecting they would at least show how she got there, little by little as the series progressed. Only 2 episodes left, and that's one of the biggest questions we all have, why is she so hungry for power? And this isn't just power over trivial things, she's hungry for power over MC Group that even its owner fears her. 

And now adding to the list is, how was SH conceived? I cannot imagine AJR cheating, with her father-in-law no less. Surely, there is more to SH's story. 

What if Ms. Han isn't the bad guy here? What if everything she's been doing is to put the rightful heir in her place.

Or what if she isn't just someone Grandpa Mo hired and that she worked her way to get into the Mo family cause she is supposed to be part of the family. Ok I'm babbling but... So many things running in my mind right now :sweat_smile:

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

31 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

But it makes a difference if MWP had an affair with his daughter-in-law or not... it is more scandalous. So the reputation of SH's mother would be really tarnished and destroyed.

My thoughts exactly. 

31 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I hope, the actual TOP members get punished for their wrongdoings. I mean, the judge Lee was literally kidnapped, another member hacked into YD's account aso. They all committed crimes but legitimate their actions for the sake of MC Group. They helped Ms. Han to corner Young Joo Il and drove him to commit suicide: defamation, fabrication of evidence, coercion, aso.... They need to be sent to jail as well. Sure, in the last episode, they started having some doubt but they still followed her orders. They are as guilty as she was.

Yes, I think they need to be punished too... Do you think MC Group will collapse then, if TOP top members are charged with lawsuits? They are after all doing the biddings of the MC Group family? I wonder too if the romance angle of Reporter Kim and TOP lady member is going to resurface... if not, why bother to introduce it also in the first place. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, mylovekge said:

@thistle I know, I've been waiting for her backstory the moment she had her eyes on yeon do. I was expecting they would at least show how she got there, little by little as the series progressed. Only 2 episodes left, and that's one of the biggest questions we all have, why is she so hungry for power? And this isn't just power over trivial things, she's hungry for power over MC Group that even its owner fears her. 

And now adding to the list is, how was SH conceived? I cannot imagine AJR cheating, with her father-in-law no less. Surely, there is more to SH's story. 

What if Ms. Han isn't the bad guy here? What if everything she's been doing is to put the rightful heir in her place.

Or what if she isn't just someone Grandpa Mo hired and that she worked her way to get into the Mo family cause she is supposed to be part of the family. Ok I'm babbling but... So many things running in my mind right now :sweat_smile:

Sorry but Ms. Han has definitely worked against MWP and MSH. It was even narrated by YD in the beginning of one episode. So she was against the idea that SH becomes the heir and successor.

Like I wrote before, I suspect that the judge Han resented the chairman Mo for destroying her career after she gave that harsh sentence. Notice that she is loyal to MC Group and not the family Mo and there is a reason for that. She wanted to use the power from MC Group in order to tame or even disempower that family. Notice how little by little the table has less and less guests. Now, there are only three left:  WS, Ms. Ha and WJ. Sure, SH is about to return but so far, Ms. Han thinks, she has almost succeeded. I am even suspecting that she is waiting for the right occasion to get rid of Ms. Ha.  

• Like 7

I told you guys that SH's mom must've had a dark past and it would not have been rosy at all. But I've this feeling that SH's mom isn't her biological mom. Next two episodes will be wild and there are so many secrets to spill. Oh yeah baby I'm game!!

I'm still waiting for the revelation of lady Voldemort's past. What if she's like Snape and not Voldemort? An unsung hero in disguise.... her story better be interesting and not some cliched jazz

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Sorry but Ms. Han has definitely worked against MWP and MSH. It was even narrated by YD in the beginning of one episode. So she was against the idea that SH becomes the heir and successor.

Like I wrote before, I suspect that the judge Han resented the chairman Mo for destroying her career after she gave that harsh sentence. Notice that she is loyal to MC Group and not the family Mo and there is a reason for that. She wanted to use the power from MC Group in order to tame or even disempower that family. Notice how little by little the table has less and less guests. Now, there are only three left:  WS, Ms. Ha and WJ. Sure, SH is about to return but so far, Ms. Han thinks, she has almost succeeded. I am even suspecting that she is waiting for the right occasion to get rid of Ms. Ha.  

This makes so much sense. After she gave the ruling as a judge, Grandpa Mo had offered her a post in MCG. I was of course expecting her to be dismissive and that she'll outright reject the offer. But she is quick-witted after all, she has probably already thought of a list of things she can do the moment she stepped into MC group. 

While I think her means of revenge is too much for what she went through, I can also agree this could be one of the reasons and somehow, she eventually became obsessive. Or probably that this wasn't just about her career but more. This is why I would really want to see more of her back story. 

• Like 5

@mylovekge  Thank you!  You have echoed exactly the same stuff that I'm wondering about.

54 minutes ago, mylovekge said:

why is she so hungry for power? And this isn't just power over trivial things, she's hungry for power over MC Group that even its owner fears her.

She has become so powerful that she makes everyone bow in fear in front of her.  Scary.

One thing I recall from the beginning of the drama is that it was mentioned more than once that she was living her life as a man.  Now, that's an odd thing to say, even if they just meant that she was a female taking a Power role that would have traditionally have been for a male.

• She does have some characteristics that we see in male drama roles.  These are mostly small things.  
  • She never lets anyone drive her in the car.  And she likes to be alone in the car. 
  • She never serves tea (which would be traditional and somewhat feminine).  Instead, she serves coffee which she takes pride in making herself.  (Pardon me for this thought but I'm sure she enjoys grinding the coffee beans; that just seems so appropriate.  And I wonder if she likes that nasty high-priced coffee that is made from beans processed through cat poop.  Yes, there is such a thing and it's evil--just like Han.)
  • She always wears powerful slender suits, albeit accented with very high heels (I bet that Second Son envies those!), and nearly always in dark sombre colors.  But did you notice in episode 14 that she was wearing hot red.  That made sense since she was literally out to spill blood.

I've been wondering about some timing of events that have happened. 

When did Han come to power?  Since this was when Grandpa was in charge, Mr. Mo was still married to First Wife and having an affair with Second.  Han and Mr. Mo both seemed to want to give Grandpa a shove to get him out.  Why?  

When did Second Wife show up at the mansion?  It seems like First Son was about 10 years old and Second Son was about 6 (which means that SWife already knew that SSon was "bent" in his gender role).  This time is really very interesting.  We see First Wife at the table with Mr. Mo but her child SH is not there and never mentioned.  SH was either not born yet or an infant.  It is mentioned that FWife has let down the line of succession by not having an heir, so  I am thinking that SH was not born.  She appears to be about 10 years younger than FSon. 

Now, here's where I go off into Wild Theory:

I have wondered before whether Mr. Mo was infertile.  Surely he was married to FWife for some time but they had no child.  Since SWife's sons were 10 and 6 (let's just go with those numbers), SH cannot have been born yet.  It was the perfect timing for her to take over at the family mansion because she had the power of having two sons.  But were those Mr. Mo's sons?  SWife was a nurse.  We have seen that she knew about poisonous medicines (like the ones she used on FWife), so she would also have known whether Mr. Mo might have a problem with fertility and she was bold enough to pass someone else's kids as Mo children.  Certainly she is no stranger to having affairs (like the one with the young guy in episode one).

If Grandpa knows that his son is a loser (in more ways than one) and if he is trying to keep FWife in power, is it possible that he would have done something as sneaky as IVF with her?  I don't think that FWife is the sort of person who would do that.....but if she were trying to save her marriage (which seemed to be one where she and her husband might have cared for one another), then maybe she might have "borrowed" her father-in-law's sperm.  Really I cannot imagine her having an affair with Grandpa, though.  IVF or insemination, however, seem somewhat possible.

So, back to Han:  As we have seen, Han could have some gender identity problems.  Who else has a gender identity problem?  Hello, it's Second Son, JW.  So we would have to assume that some characteristics tend to run in families (not trying to offend anyone; just trying to think the way attitudes tend to be in KDramas) we are gonna have to ask whether they are related. 

Who is Han determined to place as head of MC?  It's SSon.  He is the absolute focus of all of her plotting and she is willing to do anything (including kill) to put him on the throne.

Why?  Maybe because he is family?  There are several possibilities (including maybe Han being raped by Grandpa, although I doubt this because how would she have hidden a pregnancy) but the most likely seems to me that Han and Second Wife are closely related.  Sisters maybe?  Or could Han be SWife's mother?

Han is still, without a doubt, the Very Bad Guy here.  But it is possible that she could be doing all the evil with reasons.

Ok I'm babbling but... So many things running in my mind right now

Me, too.  Me, too.  :wacko:

.....editing to add one more thought:  YD was talking about the reason for most crimes is love.  Love.  Yeah, if we add that one small component into Han's criteria, it only makes sense that she is related to Second Wife and Second Son.

• Like 3

Just a crazy idea, what if the grandmother is alive and she was the one who killed AJR because of the affair, if there was one? Ok, like I said, crazy thought. LMAO. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1

@thistle @mylovekge The other possibility is that Ms. Han has been Ms. Ha's lover in reality :grin: and wants to ensure that her son WJ becomes the heir.What if they used Insemination and Ms. Han donated her egg cell? This would maybe explain why WJ is a transgender and why he is so smart. I remember that in one scene, I found Ms. Han quite too close to Second Wife. And her affair, like in the episode 1, was a way to distract suspicion about her real sexuality. 

I know this sounds crazy but why not, since we have a transgender here... This would also explain why Ha hates her first son as he is not related to her lover, Ms. Han.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

It's usually at this point in a drama that I tend to go off the rails a bit with Wild Theories but this time

there's something I've been thinking ever since the very first episode, and I haven't said anything until now.  However, it is in my nature to see patterns and connections, so I wonder if anyone else noticed this stuff.  Since this is somewhat off-topic, I'll spoiler tag and, yes, this is just meant to be funny:

Spoiler

Okay, here we go:  how about those connections with Healer?

1.  In the first episode, we see a sassy reporter with a short hair style.  She's wearing a delivery-person's vest because she is planning to stake out a star for a scoop.  Her boss, at a small internet news venue, is exasperated with her but he admires her, too.  I saw this and thought, OMG, it's Park Min Young's role in Healer.

2.  Park Sang Myun.  He plays YD's dad but YD isn't really his son because he is adopted.  YD's dad is kind and patient and maybe a little too emotional.  YD's dad runs a cafe that has a law office at the back (okay, it's only a desk but that still counts).  In Healer, Park played the FL's dad but his daughter was adopted.  He is kind and patient and maybe a little too emotional.  He runs a cafe that has a law office on the side.

3.  Jung Hye In.  She plays the former journalist who is now the Image Maker at TOP, one of Han's lead minions.  In Healer, she played the younger version of the FL's mother and she was, surprise, a journalist.

4.  The Big Pearl Earring.  Yeah, the cartilage piercing right in the middle of the ear.  That is not very typical.  But there are two leading ladies who have that same style and that same huge pearl:  SH and the female lead in Healer.  (I've gotta say that I worried a lot about that piercing for Park Min Young because it often looked red and inflamed and possibly infected during Healer.  That's why I noticed it so specifically.)

5.  The Big Bad.  Doesn't Han remind anyone else of The Elder from Healer?  She's just more high tech and has a shinier office.  She likes to make and serve coffee.  The Elder liked to make and serve alcoholic beverages.  They both wear suits.   ;)

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2

am curious to see what the prosecutor's son will do in his revenge journey against ms han. if looks could kill, ms han would have been stabbed multiple times at the funeral place. wonder if he will dig up something about ms han's past that will answer our question about why she is so obsessed with power and controlling MC group. at this stage, she is more like the owner than the mo family.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, 0ly40 said:

preview oct 16

Seems like the prosecutor son's hair-do has taken a drastic change now that he is aggrieved and ticked off.  ^_^  Funny how that happens.

• LOL 7