Quantcast
icyphoenix

[Drama 2019] Graceful Family, 우아한 가

Much as I am tempted to watch raw, I will save myself for full subs this weekend. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, tulip06 said:

Much as I am tempted to watch raw, I will save myself for full subs this weekend. 

I am right with you for waiting for subs. As tempted I am, I need to wait for the subs otherwise it will drive me crazy not knowing what exactly is going down. I don't have that problem with other shows, but this one I HAVE TO KNOWWWW!!!

• Like 6
  • Awesome 2

today's rating per wiki.d-addicts.com

Date Episode Nielsen Korea (%)
Nationwide Seoul
2019-10-09 13 7.316 7.808
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, guinearoyal said:

I HAVE TO KNOWWWW!!!

Me, too.  And I am really all pout-y because today's subs seem to be really very slow.  So frustrating.  Usually Wednesday subs have been fairly quick while Thursday has been unbearably slow, so now I'm worried because if Wednesday is so slow this time, then how awful will Thursday be!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Awesome!! We have the kiss and Han got arrested! 

It’s been a while since I’ve seen such sweet kiss in dramas :wub: No confession of love is needed between them, they just know they’re of one heart already... swoon...

SH gonna sleep over at his place!! Did any of you notice the mattress on the floor next to the bed when YD was spraying his room? Looks like he doesn’t even bother to bunk with his dad so SH can have his room all to herself. 

Now I feel like changing my guess to have Han as the mother’s killer, just to ensure she can be kept imprisoned long for this crime...

I’ve watched with subs, if you need any translation for certain scenes, let me know. Sorry I don’t have time to do a proper recap. Basically our smart heiress recorded stuff in the past that are incriminating for Han and our team got new evidence to prove the elimination of CCTV by prosecution office. So she managed to get the prosecutor and Mo to abandon Han. YD released and Han sued. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

@ktcjdrama I loved the scene, it’s spectacular that  MS han get arrested while her squad was there watching, to show them how pathetic she is after all in bonus :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 3

11 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

it’s spectacular that  MS han get arrested while her squad was there watching, to show them how pathetic she is after all in bonus

At first I didn't have the sound turned on for this video clip.  Big mistake!  Turned the sound on and now I'm Laughing so hard.  Thank you for this!

:cookie::cookie::cookie:

editing to say OH NO!  The subs just came up but I have work to do that has to be done Right Now.  Drat!  I can't watch until I'm finished.  Life is so unfair.  :tears:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I just started the episode. 

I was just thinking about how at the time of the backflash the adultery law in korea was still valid. Of course it wouldnt really have been practical with TOP being able to do whatever they want. 

Oh god i am already getting mad :D Good thing i've looked into this thread so i have the kiss to look forward to :D

"Have i ever used TOP for my personal need?"

Uhm... yeah. Actually she never did anything else. It's the pure reason of its existence.

e: finished the episode

Yes! We have some progress. The other ones at TOP arent exactly innocent either. I kind of doubt it's going to have consequences for them though. 

I am still thinking about what could be the fate of certain characters that would satisfy me. There are so many psychopaths in this drama. It has to be something that hits them on a personal level. 

• Like 6

loved this episode :love:.. it wasn't just about the OTP but also the cat and mouse games and all the other characters. it really was entertaining as well as satisfying. the first few weeks was in a sense frustrating because the bad guy - ms han & TOP - won in such a dirty manner. it wasn't enough they won but she would make sure to squash everyone and destroy them. that was her style. what was great is that both yeon do and seok hee have really learned from the journey before and are able to quickly formulate a strategy.

not sure how many caught it but there was a cute line that yeon do says -- when the prosecutor's son asks what coffee he wants, yeon do says "american style" hahahahha.. it felt like a reference to seok hee and how the son got dumped by her. ^_^

@thistle @mylovekge @Ameera Ali ~ the dad's scenes were amazing with subs; wonder if he was the first innocent person to really stand up to ms han in many years. she personally has come to shake things down because this is now personal for her and she doesn't trust her minions. so she manipulates as always with threats and words. dad doesn't just believe in yeon do's innocence but he is mad that she is denying justice. she tells him to convince yeon do to drop the re-trial and he defiantly gives her the water slap. she vows to put yeon do away in prison for good. after she leaves, he breaks down in tears because he is genuinely scared. he worries that his actions may cause yeon do more harm and whether he should have handled it differently.

he has lots of fear because this isn't the first time he is losing a son. he is a man who has already lost a family before and so the fear is more than just imagination. he knows the pain. when seok hee comforts him, she is also crying and in pain. when she tells yeon do later that his dad is braver than yeon do knows, there is a sense of admiration. dad is scared and aware of the consequences and even without power or money, he is choosing to stand by his son and support his fight. awww...

so other highlights was the meeting between yeon do and seok hee. loved how seok hee says that it is time for war and they have no time for a pity party. kekekek... when she asks if they should drop the re-trial, yeon do shows a practical approach and also lessons learned from his time in TOP. he doesn't talk about justice or how they can't give up etc. instead, he talks about how ms han operates -- she shows no mercy to betrayers and will double cross him even if he gives up. so the result is the same; either way, it will be prison. so in that case, they might as well go for war!

in her previous attempts in the beginning episodes, seok hee was on her own fighting ms han but now she not only takes yeon do's input but also gets the team onboard. naturally they are all in low spirits and dejected because of what has happened but she is able to get them back into action. so it is actually a team effort that happens. it was also fun to see how smart yeon do is when it comes to law. his little verbal battles with the prosecutor son shows yeon do isn't someone to be trifled with.

what was really fun in this episode to see was how ms han is actually falling because of her own actions. even though she claims that she never did anything for herself, she played around with MC group for power. this included alienating the members of the family who actually own a good percentage of the company. despite wan soo wanting to be the lead and now the dad is giving his backing, ms han decides that her perspective is right. as seok hee said, why should the family continue to be manipulated by an outsider? so it was obvious that at some point there would be a revolt.

her over-the-top tactics of squashing everyone and never sticking to her word meant that no one actually trusts her. it is more out of fear because they have no idea what she will do and so she is seen as a threat. this means that papa mo was more than willing to use an opportunity to kick her out. we also see that with prosecutor.

we know the prosecutor's son is very ambitious and is itching to prove himself. so yeon do's words of how they are being manipulated because of the past really does hit a nerve. like yeon do said, most of the crimes are done out of love including the corruption of the prosecutor. so it is not just about going to prison about also destroying the career of his son by association. so love and need to protect his son means his loyalty is first to himself and his son, not to ms han. so we see him make his moves. the prosecutor son who is super ambitious would really enjoy himself with a case like ms han where he gets to show off his star. 

with wan soo, she really made a disaster by continuously ignoring him and making him seem like an idiot. so him getting on board with seok hee was expected. he would go where he was being treated with respect as an equal and where there is trust. so in the episode, the reporter says TOP has money and power while all they have is people to see -- what this episode shows is that ultimately, it is people and the ties we have that are powerful.

7 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

It’s been a while since I’ve seen such sweet kiss in dramas :wub: No confession of love is needed between them, they just know they’re of one heart already... swoon...

same here! really enjoyed the kiss scene in a kdrama after quite a while. like you said, it was sweet that they didn't need some grand confession because they both know they feel. he comes out and it is close to midnight and she is waiting there anxiously for him. just as he became her strength when she was in prison and fighting later, she has now become his strength. they are now willing to trust each other where the person's fate is in the other's hand. so he knows how far she would have had to travel to get him out. so it felt right that they kiss; they are a team in every sense of the word. 

7 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

@ktcjdrama I loved the scene, it’s spectacular that  MS han get arrested while her squad was there watching, to show them how pathetic she is after all in bonus :joy:

loved that the cop who she got transferred to traffic control popped over to arrest her. it was also fun to see that she wasn't aware that yeon do was already out. so seok hee and yeon do walking in just as they are planning to send him to prison was super cool! and yea, her squad watching means a huge slap in the face for her -- from the preview, papa mo is already choosing someone else to take over TOP and since none of them have personal loyalty to her, it will be interesting to see how folks react. all of the members are going to scrambling how to protect themselves...

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

@Lmangla Joo Young Il's son is so naive.  He idealizes his father too much. He never thought that his father is a corrupted prosecutor. YD's words did trigger something in him.Due to YJI's words ("No son has the right to judge his father"), I have the feeling that in the end, he will even be the one who ensures that his father pays for his crimes.  

Even if Ms. Han is the one who killed AJR, SH's mother, I would like to see Mrs Ha and her husband Mo being sent to jail, like Mo for bribe and Ha for theft (she stole SH's inheritance with the paintings and she acts as if she was YS).

• Like 5
  • Love 1

@Lmangla 

Love our couple strength of mind :kiss_wink:I read some where that it’s best : Do not get angry when certain people underestimate you. It’s best to always take people unawares , that what our couple did stand their ground  :mrgreen:

5d9ef7f2c3ab3169526751.gif?download

• Like 2
  • Love 4

@bebebisous33 ~ we can expect to see the fall outs for all the characters and for many, it won't be good. they had it coming and so they are going to reap what they sow. it will be interesting to see in what form those punishments happen. for example with ms han, even wan joo going to prison or losing his position will be punishment enough. it wouldn't matter to her if wan soo became the heir because she has been ignoring and alienating him so long. so even denial of her ambition itself would be a punishment of sort....

and yea, I can see how the prosecutor son might sacrifice his father in order to build his own career but it will happen together. as in the prosecutor tells him to do it and faces it willingly. so yea, lots of possibilities. should be fun! how many episode is this drama -- does anyone know? is next week the last?

• Like 1
  • Love 3

7 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@bebebisous33 ~ we can expect to see the fall outs for all the characters and for many, it won't be good. they had it coming and so they are going to reap what they sow. it will be interesting to see in what form those punishments happen. for example with ms han, even wan joo going to prison or losing his position will be punishment enough. it wouldn't matter to her if wan soo became the heir because she has been ignoring and alienating him so long. so even denial of her ambition itself would be a punishment of sort....

and yea, I can see how the prosecutor son might sacrifice his father in order to build his own career but it will happen together. as in the prosecutor tells him to do it and faces it willingly. so yea, lots of possibilities. should be fun! how many episode is this drama -- does anyone know? is next week the last?

About WJ: I hope, his ex-wife appears again. Remember that SH gave her something that she had to keep. So the true justice would be that

1. WJ betrays his mother in order to save himself

2. WJ loses his position and even has to leave the company and the house

3. His secret as transgender is revealed

4. WJ sees his ex-wife leading a happy life with her new husband

I don't think that WS should become the heir... maybe the reason why he can not be the true heir is that he is not Mo's son in reality.  

• Like 3
  • Awesome 2

5 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I don't think that WS should become the heir... maybe the reason why he can not be the true heir is that he is not Mo's son in reality.  

actually like wan soo and how he rocks his own unique style. on any other man, that green strip suit with that green print shirt would look horrendous but it looks cool and graceful on wan soo! hahahha.... and while the water slap was great in this episode, I also enjoyed wan soo's little flower slap with grace by gifting ms han a bunch of flowers which means sword, danger and caution. keekek... so I actually think wan soo would make a great heir because he would be creative and has some empathy for people. lets see if he turns out to be innocent or not. at this stage, don't see seok hee stepping up to be heir, her priority seems to be just wanting to get justice and so it doesn't matter much to her.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

he has lots of fear because this isn't the first time he is losing a son. he is a man who has already lost a family before and so the fear is more than just imagination. he knows the pain. when seok hee comforts him, she is also crying and in pain.

YD Dad was so perfect here.  But so was SH.  When Dad said how she was from a rich and powerful family so she could save YD, the actress was amazing:  the shadows in her eyes showed that she couldn't tell Dad the truth about how she had lost her power within the family and that her wealth was taken from her.  The weapons that Dad assumes that she has to fight with are simply not there.  The only things she has left are her wits and the few allies that she and YD have gathered.  But she can't let Dad or YD down.  None of this is said; this part of the story is portrayed simply by the look on Im Soo Hyang's face:  stellar acting.  Another reason why I absolutely loved this scene.

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

how many episode is this drama -- does anyone know? is next week the last?

16.  Final episode airs October 17.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

ooh, re-watching and caught something fun. so when TOP squad asks ms han about why yeon do has been targeted, her response is that his personal life is impacting MC group. so she doesn't explain all of the circumstances about how his mom is in jail and he wants a re-trial. instead, she says that seok hee's mom died 15 years ago and had to be buried for MC group. and then asks if that is enough explanation -- so the implication was that yeon do and seok hee are involved somehow and he is digging into seok hee's mom death because of how he feels about seok hee. none of the squad even bat an eyelid. oooh so no is surprised this was OTP. ^_^

• Like 3
  • Love 3