[Drama 2019] Graceful Family, 우아한 가

icyphoenix

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@bebebisous33 ~ we can expect to see the fall outs for all the characters and for many, it won't be good. they had it coming and so they are going to reap what they sow. it will be interesting to see in what form those punishments happen. for example with ms han, even wan joo going to prison or losing his position will be punishment enough. it wouldn't matter to her if wan soo became the heir because she has been ignoring and alienating him so long. so even denial of her ambition itself would be a punishment of sort....

and yea, I can see how the prosecutor son might sacrifice his father in order to build his own career but it will happen together. as in the prosecutor tells him to do it and faces it willingly. so yea, lots of possibilities. should be fun! how many episode is this drama -- does anyone know? is next week the last?

About WJ: I hope, his ex-wife appears again. Remember that SH gave her something that she had to keep. So the true justice would be that

1. WJ betrays his mother in order to save himself

2. WJ loses his position and even has to leave the company and the house

3. His secret as transgender is revealed

4. WJ sees his ex-wife leading a happy life with her new husband

I don't think that WS should become the heir... maybe the reason why he can not be the true heir is that he is not Mo's son in reality.  

5 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I don't think that WS should become the heir... maybe the reason why he can not be the true heir is that he is not Mo's son in reality.  

actually like wan soo and how he rocks his own unique style. on any other man, that green strip suit with that green print shirt would look horrendous but it looks cool and graceful on wan soo! hahahha.... and while the water slap was great in this episode, I also enjoyed wan soo's little flower slap with grace by gifting ms han a bunch of flowers which means sword, danger and caution. keekek... so I actually think wan soo would make a great heir because he would be creative and has some empathy for people. lets see if he turns out to be innocent or not. at this stage, don't see seok hee stepping up to be heir, her priority seems to be just wanting to get justice and so it doesn't matter much to her.

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

he has lots of fear because this isn't the first time he is losing a son. he is a man who has already lost a family before and so the fear is more than just imagination. he knows the pain. when seok hee comforts him, she is also crying and in pain.

YD Dad was so perfect here.  But so was SH.  When Dad said how she was from a rich and powerful family so she could save YD, the actress was amazing:  the shadows in her eyes showed that she couldn't tell Dad the truth about how she had lost her power within the family and that her wealth was taken from her.  The weapons that Dad assumes that she has to fight with are simply not there.  The only things she has left are her wits and the few allies that she and YD have gathered.  But she can't let Dad or YD down.  None of this is said; this part of the story is portrayed simply by the look on Im Soo Hyang's face:  stellar acting.  Another reason why I absolutely loved this scene.

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

how many episode is this drama -- does anyone know? is next week the last?

16.  Final episode airs October 17.

ooh, re-watching and caught something fun. so when TOP squad asks ms han about why yeon do has been targeted, her response is that his personal life is impacting MC group. so she doesn't explain all of the circumstances about how his mom is in jail and he wants a re-trial. instead, she says that seok hee's mom died 15 years ago and had to be buried for MC group. and then asks if that is enough explanation -- so the implication was that yeon do and seok hee are involved somehow and he is digging into seok hee's mom death because of how he feels about seok hee. none of the squad even bat an eyelid. oooh so no is surprised this was OTP. ^_^

10 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

reporter on ms han "she would survive an apocalypse on earth and move to a different planet" :joy:

It’s bad for her 

5d9f1a91bc10d196973910.jpg?download

Spoiler

5d9f1aa8b2b47639950665.jpg?download

Dealing or excepting everything except the criminal :joy::sweat_smile:

Her team enjoying the freedom :joy:

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

@bebebisous33 ~ we can expect to see the fall outs for all the characters and for many, it won't be good. they had it coming and so they are going to reap what they sow. it will be interesting to see in what form those punishments happen. for example with ms han, even wan joo going to prison or losing his position will be punishment enough. it wouldn't matter to her if wan soo became the heir because she has been ignoring and alienating him so long. so even denial of her ambition itself would be a punishment of sort....

and yea, I can see how the prosecutor son might sacrifice his father in order to build his own career but it will happen together. as in the prosecutor tells him to do it and faces it willingly. so yea, lots of possibilities. should be fun! how many episode is this drama -- does anyone know? is next week the last?

I believe this is ending next week and the whole cast and crew will be going on a well-deserved reward vacation in Vietnam a week after that! Wuhoo!

After watching last night's subbed episode, I wanted to change my mind on my guess not because I'm not convinced but I want WS to be Seok Hee's ally until the end. LOL 

But the last 2 episodes should be interesting, eh. With Ms. Han, behind bars (or not?), I'm looking forward to how she will retaliate. Seok Hee has been holding on to a few evidences to corroborate her and she must be itching to drop the bomb all at once.

Anyone watching live tonight?

15 minutes ago, mylovekge said:

After watching last night's subbed episode, I wanted to change my mind on my guess not because I'm not convinced but I want WS to be Seok Hee's ally until the end. LOL 

really enjoy watching the interactions between seok hee and wan soo. so yea, it would be great if he was her ally until the end. if wan soo becomes the heir, it won't be surprising if he asks seok hee to be his right hand or a kinder version of ms. han. kekekek... what is enjoyable about the interactions is their very easy rapport and the sense that they are indeed siblings. they both play cool and rather than getting mad, plan their moves.

we also get the sense the rapport is long built because he kept in touch with her in new york. it is one of the reasons I felt wan soo was not the killer. rather than think of her as a rival because they have different mothers, he embraced her. given their family politics, he doesn't really gain anything but he still made an effort because he saw her as a sibling. so it will be sad for seok hee if everyone in that family is a fraud. she needs to know that at least one or two people were decent and it is good to have those family ties.

There is a reason that Ms Han knows but Mo father does not know why WS can not be MC group leader. I think that WS is not Mo's son. Seok Hee is the the only rightful Heiress. Everything that she inherited from her grandpa were taken away from her and it is only right that are returned to her to fulfil her dear Grandfather's wishes.

Which is a pretty reactionary message but one that many kdramas are about. 

But it hasn't really been about the shares for quite some time now. I dont think it's what she wants either. 

Put the shares into a a foundation lead by her which uses them for art or something. She can exhibit her moms paintings. He can make some movies. And i dont care about the other one. It would have the pleasant side effect that the father would be pissed because the legacy of the family would be gone in his eyes (although i would beg to differ). 

So many things to reply to.

I didnt really like the scene with the dad. Too much exaggerated shouting and crying.

And yeah i agree. Ms Han is just doing all of it for herself. It's her little toy she likes to play with.

I hope they finally reveal what a psychopath she really is in the last episodes. It's very apparent that everyone are just chess pieces to her. She fails to recognize human emotions which actually would be very important for her job. Or maybe she even takes pleasure in it like the 2nd wife?

It's kind of a miracle that she still lives. There just needed to be one of the victims who completely loses it and slices her up with a knive or something. Not much she could do about it. And crazier things do happen.

Just putting people to prison wouldnt be satisfying for me. It needs to be stuff that hits them at core. Something that makes their life long dreams meaningless etc. Still not exactly sure what would be. 

I think you might be right about the prosecutor's son. I can see him doing some important moves at the end to reveal the crimes.

Ms Han looks like she is plotting again. Her minion just came to visit and she looks vindictive. Hmmm. SH and the rest of the gang celebrate at Newspatch. Geez, you guys! It's too early to celebrate! LOL

They seem to be planning something and SH looked like she just announced she and YD were already together? lmao

They just abducted the Judge and one of her minions talked to the prosecutor. Ugh I hate how Ms Han always finds ways!!! The prosecutor's son looks like he is really out to get her. However, his father just came and talked to Ms Han. Aaaaand Ms Han is out! :triumph:

Seok Hee confronts her dad. But i dont really understand what they're talking about lol step mom comes in. Another intense conversation between the 3. They seem to be arguing, IDK really. 

SH and WS now talking. Then on to the next scene, Ms Han is back in TOP. 

Sorry I'm so bad at recapping :joy:

Stepmom and, I think this is the Art Gallery curator talking in the home office. She seems to be bribing her (with gold bars!!!) for reasons I don't understand lol Wan Joo comes in. WJ seems to be suspicious. Now WJ and WS are talking over alcohol and both are very serious right now. 

The prosecutor and his son are talking. I really think his son will betray him at some point.

ETA: the prosecutor was all over the news earlier

Now he is seen on TV making an announcement (probably retiring?)

Archived