Quantcast
icyphoenix

[Drama 2019] Graceful Family, 우아한 가

12 minutes ago, ii panda said:

I'm in. My first choice is Ms Han (or at least, she ordered it), second is Young-il and third is WJ. It feels like cheating to have 3 bets so for this, I will only lock in on Ms Han. :D

cool, have edited my post above. shall I include second wife as well then in your choice?

22 hours ago, ii panda said:

I have a little problem with WS being the murderer. WS does not seem to show any sign of guilt. A normal person who murdered someone will exhibit that guilt. Unless WS is a psychopath (but I don't see any sign of that).

am feeling quite certain wan soo isn't the killer after ep 12. he doesn't have any guilt like you said and is not a psychopath. he seems to genuinely see seok hee as a sibling and even wants to share his happy news with her after his chat with papa mo. it seems important to him that seok hee believes in him. so yea, he doesn't seem so cold hearted that he would use her. also am not sure if papa mo would consider wan soo if he was a liability to MC group.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

8 minutes ago, curly4hiro said:

@Lmangla     I am in .....option 5  ...don't ask me why....just gut feeling....:glasses:

interesting choice. you seem to be the first in thinking papa mo may be behind it. any specific reasons why or just a gut feeling thats all?

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

@Lmangla you're making it a lot more interesting ha ha... now I'm extra psyched to see what actually happened. Only few more epis left

Btw in certain flashback moments lady Voldemort gave money to YD's uncle (I think) just before YD's mom's final verdict during the murder case. Wonder what happened to that man 

I like the concept of story telling in this drama. Every week is dedicated to one character and their back story is shown in flashback mode which is quite interesting. Hopefully next week will be lady Voldemort's *fingers crossed* . I've always been intrigued by her motive more than anyone else from the beginning. That actress is doing a pretty damn good job

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

@Lmangla i'm in. my answer is option 2. 

I'm still behind like 6 episodes but this drama is a bomb. totally loving it.. :D

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

so put the names down from page 19 guesses -- if these aren't fixed, let me know what your pick is. can also pick more than one as well.

How about a new option?  What if we have a "Murder on the Orient Express" situation here?  

Yeah, I'll go for that thought:  the murderer is EVERYBODY.  The Four Mo's and Ms. Han.

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

• Like 6
  • Love 3

20 minutes ago, thistle said:

How about a new option?  What if we have a "Murder on the Orient Express" situation here?  

Yeah, I'll go for that thought:  the murderer is EVERYBODY.  The Four Mo's and Ms. Han.

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

oooh, that sounds interesting actually! will add that in as well.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

So bets are more fun if we have a penalty. lets see -- if you win, then change your DP or post a pic of tofu! or alternatively the drama's tofu kiss? :P hahahah... and if you lose, then change your DP or post a pic of picasso? :lol:

bet name: "what happened that afternoon?" -- guess the killer:

option 1: wan joon - bathtub soaker with a heart of stone -- @tulip06 @Lmangla 

option 2: wan soo -- the director who slays with flowers -- @Bejaffled @mylovekge @philosophie @celebrianna @joccu 

option 3: ms han - scavenger eagle who plans bad events over coffee - @ii panda 

option 4: second wife - the singer who thinks music sounds better on ice and pain @Lmangla 

option 5: papa mo - the bear who wants it all but always disappointed... @curly4hiro

option 6: someone outside the family,  -- @serendipity... 

option 7: murder in orient express -- the four Mo's and Ms han. -- @thistle 

so put the names down from page 19 guesses -- if these aren't fixed, let me know what your pick is. can also pick more than one as well.

@Ameera Ali @thistle @ktcjdrama @Sushimi @monica63 @guinearoyal @Man-O-Man @0ly40 @lu09 @rocher22 @joccu @camichi @soesje @RobinM @sksen @curly4hiro @kapneemo @Fabbo @nubianlegalmind @auberon -- place your bets! even if you haven't been active (clicking reaction button or posting), you can still join us and have a laugh if you are watching the drama. :D

It's difficult to say actually, because almost all of them have a motive, except for wan soon. I don't know why he would kill her, but i found it strange that ms han said to him that there is a reason he cant be the ceo. So maybe he did something in the past or his reckless behaviour made it impossible for him.

But for now i still think second wife wanted her dead, but she was found with a bottle of wine on the floor and a stab in her side.. so maybe it was someone she was going to have dinner with, someone familiar who she was on good terms with.. 

soooo i'm betting on options 2, 5 or 6... i cant choose...

on the cctv wan joon went in first, wan soo second, second wife third, dad fourth and ms han was the last one. I think it happend after wan soon or the dad came in..

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3

45 minutes ago, soesje said:

But for now i still think second wife wanted her dead, but she was found with a bottle of wine on the floor and a stab in her side.. so maybe it was someone she was going to have dinner with, someone familiar who she was on good terms with.. 

soooo i'm betting on options 2, 5 or 6... i cant choose..

ooh interesting point regarding the wine bottle. since you said most likely someone familiar, should I put you down for option 2 and 5? or just option 5 papa mo?.. other than a fun penalty, it is just bet for laughs. :D

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

ooh interesting point regarding the wine bottle.

If we go with the Everybody theory (as I am doing), then we might think that one person poisoned the wine while another stabbed her, and I don't know what the other two did but they sure did something!  ;) 

And it occurs to me that we don't know what Second Son had in that paper bag he was carrying.  He wouldn't be likely to share one of his pretty dresses, would he?  There could be something deadly in that bag.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

ooh interesting point regarding the wine bottle. since you said most likely someone familiar, should I put you down for option 2 and 5? or just option 5 papa mo?.. other than a fun penalty, it is just bet for laughs. :D

Ehm for now i think i will go with option 2 lets see what happens :blush:

@thistle  maybe the second son brought the bottle of wine with him wan soon came after, she decided to open up the bottle second wife comes in they argue dad comes in they fight bottle falls on the ground someone stabs her from the side but actually just wanted to stop the fight.. they call miss han and she needs to clean up the mess.. miss han calls the maid PTH's mom and she is framed for the murder.. the uncle is bribed with money and so the story continues..

But these questions keep consuming my mind

• why would the second wife visit suk hee's mom, she kicked her out of the mansion and now she wants what exactly?
  • why was the dad visiting suk hee's mom? and why did he ask for and destroy the case files? did he really destroy the files or is he keeping it safe in order to use it against miss Han in the end?
  • Why was wan soo even there and why did he say he didn't speak to MSH's mom alone, why did he let suk hee keep her blanket while wan joon and second wife wanted to destroy everything?

• Like 3
  • Insightful 5

For me:

Firts: Option 3

second: Option 5

Maybe Papa Mo doesn't know that Ms. Han went to see her that day. . She is who manage the all family but they don't know about her. 

1 hour ago, soesje said:

Ehm for now i think i will go with option 2 lets see what happens :blush:

@thistle  maybe the second son brought the bottle of wine with him wan soon came after, she decided to open up the bottle second wife comes in they argue dad comes in they fight bottle falls on the ground someone stabs her from the side but actually just wanted to stop the fight.. they call miss han and she needs to clean up the mess.. miss han calls the maid PTH's mom and she is framed for the murder.. the uncle is bribed with money and so the story continues..

But these questions keep consuming my mind

• why would the second wife visit suk hee's mom, she kicked her out of the mansion and now she wants what exactly?
  • why was the dad visiting suk hee's mom? and why did he ask for and destroy the case files? did he really destroy the files or is he keeping it safe in order to use it against miss Han in the end?
  • Why was wan soo even there and why did he say he didn't speak to MSH's mom alone, why did he let suk hee keep her blanket while wan joon and second wife wanted to destroy everything?

Totally agree, he needs to throws her away cause he know she wants MC for her, and she is getting dangerous. She has the control of everything. 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

8 hours ago, Lmangla said:

cool, have edited my post above. shall I include second wife as well then in your choice?

1) Ms Han - TBH, I don't really think the Mo family had enough reason to kill SH's mom in such a way so my theory is Ms Han orchestrated the whole thing to blackmail somebody in the Mo family (to have a degree of control over 'someone') 

2) Ms Ha (2nd wife) - she did order the doctor to overdose SH's mom so her being a murderer is a possibility

3) Mr Mo - changed my answer from WJ because I did not think his being a trans getting exposed is a strong enough motive. Why Mr. Mo? He may have an idea about his father giving the company to SH and this could have elicited a fight between him and SH's mom

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

Oooo, bets... it’s been a while since I participated in one. Let me think first and hopefully make a choice before next episode aired. It’s so hard you know!! :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

My theory is that she got killed accidentally (by herself) and it blows up (Mo Family got scared,  instead of taking her to a hospital or called 911 they called Ms.Han) and inorder to clear the mess Ms.Han frame up someone to take the blame

• Like 3
  • Insightful 4

14 minutes ago, Elfvanvan13 said:

My theory is that she got killed accidentally (by herself) and it blows up (Mo Family got scared,  instead of taking her to a hospital or called 911 they called Ms.Han) and inorder to clear the mess Ms.Han frame up someone to take the blame

Ditto! That's what I thought too. None of the family members killed her but they made it look like she was killed by someone as in staged her death

SH's mom seemed like an alcoholic and I bet she had some sort of secret which nobody knew. Wonder if it's related to SH and that's why her so called father is being cold to her from the beginning. Somehow the secret must've gotten revealed or SH's mom confessed that day. I've this crazy feeling that SH's mom's side of the story ain't so rosy either. Just thinking out loud here lol

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

have updated the post to include the bets; keep em coming! :D

chingus, for oct birthday post, the theme is 'justice'; would like some recommendations for kdramas and kpop around that theme. thanks!

re: @Sushimi

• Like 4

And now for your karaoke interlude...

Just for refresher, one of my quirky hobbies is to create English lyrics of popular K-Pop songs. Like many of us, our Korean is a bit rusty...actually, well, virtually non-existent. Also like many of us, we like to sing with our favorite songs. Unfortunately, the best we can do is to hum or do the "Da DAH, da DAH DAH" during the Korean language lyrics, and only sing the ubiquitous English words in the song as we listen on.

While most K-Pop songs are translated to English, sometimes literally, from Korean, what doesn't comport is the syllables don't match the song cadence, so we have to refer to the "Da DAH" part, and it just doesn't have the emotional connection with the song. To that end, I've decided to take on many popular Korean songs, and develop English translations that match the exact CADENCE of the song. This way, you can sing English words that match the exact cadence and spirit of the original artist.

I call this process "English Cadential Translation." The translation is not necessarily literal, but is as close to the meaning of the phrase as possible, and of course matches the cadence.

Without further ado, here is "Black Diamond" (OST #1) by Lim Jeong Hee with English Cadential Translation. Note I wrote in syllables with emphasis to match Lim's performance cadence.

ha haa,,ha ha,,uh uhhh
To-NIGHT my LIFE is break-ing DOWN, NOW
I NE-VER go THERE
As NO-thing HAP-penned 'til the NIGHT, TIME
You came to my dream
FLY a-WAY, TO the SKY, FILL me WITH, YOUR de-SIRE
YOU and ME, LET's es-CAPE, TO our OWN, PAR-a-DISE
Black DI-oh-MO-O-OND
Just YOU and I, TO, that PLACE
Black DI-oh-MO-O-OND
Go to our OWN, PAR-, a-DISE
a-BOVE this DUST-y ci-ty LAND-, SCAPE
We see the sun-RISE (sun-rise)
If WE can GO and touch its LIGHT, RAYS
Will ev'-ry-thing come TRUE
FLY a-WAY, TO the SKY, TAKE me ALL, WAY to-NIGHT
YOU and ME, LET us FLY, TO our OWN, PAR-a-DISE
Black DI oh MO-O-OND
Just YOU and I, TO, that PLACE
Black DI oh MO-O-OND
Go to our OWN, PAR-, a-DISE
ha haa,,ha ha,,uh uhhh

___

One final thought. One cannot match the intensity, cheer, and pleasure of listening to the artists' brilliance sing in their natural language. As such, the only reason I created this is so we can join in the song on occasion.

If anyone has any requests for other songs, I'll be happy to create an English cadence translation for that as well. Anything to share the fun!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/3/2019 at 10:59 PM, Lmangla said:

in ep 11, wan soo seemed to have gotten into a fight and instead of paying for compensation, he told wan soo to get the punishment. whereas for wan joo, they were willing to charter a jet and for his friends to party in spain. so can see them covering up for wan joo.

Based on what you said about Wan Soo having to take punishment as compared to Wan Joo, then I would say that it could not have been Wan Soo who killed Seok Hee's mom, because if he was the one then that family would not cover it up. Unlike if it was Wan Joo. But then again, we cannot say  that that was what happened since this involved murder and having a family member killing another is a big scandal. So whether or not it was one of the brothers,TOP would definitely cover it up because what is involved is the reputation and credibility of MC Group. Such scandal would inadvertently affect MC Group.

On 10/3/2019 at 3:01 PM, ktcjdrama said:

In the footage is shown that WJ, his mother, WS, Dad, then Han (in that order) showed up in front of SH’s mother’s house.

So we are back to the question: Who killed Seok Hee's mother? 

Question: Why did they all go to the villa on the same day. And did they go there at the same time?

Multiple Choice:

(1) Wan Joon -second son, transvestite (a person who dresses as that of the opposite sex),  currently Vice Chairman of MC Group.

- Being discovered as a transvestite is not really serious enough to commit murder except if he is also a homosexual/gay and is  ashamed of being exposed as such but still not reason enough to commit murder. 

- has a  temper just like his mother, exhibits it with violence.

But what does the discovery of Seok Hee's mother of him being a transvestite and homosexual have to do with him murdering her? 

(2) Ha Young Seo-2nd stepmother, mother of Wan Joon and Wan Soo

-jealousy, need to be the queen of MC Group, power hungry, wants her son to be the next Chairman and heir of MC Group, the power behind the throne, has a  temper, violent and sadistic

(3) Wan Soo -eldest son, the Director

-insecurity, labeled as a loser, always compared to his younger brother, not Chairman material, always gets into trouble as a young man  and even now.  Murdering Seok Hee's mother, what benefit does he get from it? If ever he was the one who did it, should not his parents be thankful since he removed one of the obstacles to their getting the company?

(4) Mo Cheol Hee - father of Seok Hee, currently Chairman of MC Group

-a loser in his father's eyes (just as Wan Soo is in his eyes). Maybe just maybe he could be the murderer in a fit of anger lashes out and before he knows it, Seok Hee's mother is dead.

(5) Han Je Kook/Ms. Han-TOP Director

-will do anything for MC Group. Capable of attempted murder and murder. In protecting MC Group, she could have murfered Seok Hee's mother.

From the looks of it they could have murdered Kim Seok Hee's mother together.

And Ms. Han came later to clean up. Before she entered she even looked around first.

So it may mean that the murder already took place or they were all in it together including Ms. Han. :sweatingbullets:There is no time lapse in the video.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 3