[Drama 2019] Graceful Family, 우아한 가

icyphoenix

2 hours ago, thistle said:

Understandable.  I really did have a nightmare after seeing how WS ended.  So sad.  So unfair.  Such a bad choice on the part of the writer.

Great actor, though.  I wonder what else he has been in.  Will have to find out.

Enjoy the spitting fishie.  He's funny and cute. 

Usually he’s in weekend drama. I know him from about three of them. I disliked his character in two and loved his character in one. I love his character in this drama. It’s rare to see him in a weekday drama.

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, thistle said:

Han went to prison but for a far shorter sentence than her illegal acts should have received.

Other Top members may have also gone to jail but, again, with very light sentences.

so I am not sure if I am right and I don't have the heart to re-watch ep 16 to be sure but I think the reason the top members got light sentences is because they were only sued on one case -- the ex-wife of wan joo and her being manipulated by the chef. that is the only one they had evidence for as they had the recording. thats why the top members got such light sentences and it was related to violation of privacy act and something to do with hacking. as for ms han, they had no direct evidence that she hid evidence in the murder and so the charges that she could be prosecuted on were fairly less. yea, it is unfair that their other crimes didn't get exposed but I guess we have to satisfied that they were prosecuted on something....

It took a while before I gathered my wits to re-watch the subbed episode. LOL again and again, the drama was superb, not until the last episode. :(  I didn't like that WS was the culprit (although he has been my guess from the start), I didn't like how TOP team got away  with just a few years in jail, notwithstanding the gravity of their crimes. The romance was so-so but I didn't expect much of it to begin with since the plot revolved around TOP and the MO family,  but I did expect a kiss better than just a wholesome peck :sweat_smile: 

WS deserved so much more than what he got. I imagined him being diagnosed with a bipolar disorder (or whatever mental disorder) and SH would have had a difficult time forgiving him but at least he was alive to see his movie making it to Cannes and his mom contrite to how she treated him all these years, asking for his forgiveness in the mental ward or something and crying her brains out because she pushed him to the edge. But then again, if he hadn't committed suicide, the burden for Ms Ha wouldn't have been this heavy.  She will have to live with guilt  for the rest of her life especially after knowing that he did what he did because of her. And WJ would somehow feel more remorseful for how he treated his brother when all he wanted was to get at least half of the love he is getting from their mom. My heart still hurts for him! :dissapointed_relieved:

Right, the last ep rushed things a bit I just didn't think it wrapped up very well and TOP didn't get punished properly.  But at least the good people won and our leads are happy together. This drama was a joyride with lots of twists and turns, def a must watch!

They could have searched the top headquarters for more evidence. From all we know it's save to assume that they did a lot more crimes than the ones we just know from the drama. If they had all that power above politicans, judges, prosecutors etc there also has to be material on them. Illegal measures how they got them, blackmailing etc. And it's ridiculous to assume that the trial now just happens in a vacuum where everything is fair and based on evidence.

There must be a lot of people who would want Ms Han and TOP gone.

Or if you f you want to do a more bleak ending. Those people might be afraid that all the dirt on them leaks and that's why they would want to protect Ms Han. Then you have your everything is evil and they fight for a more just society in the next season.

This way it was just weird, illogical and not satisyfying.

• 2 months later...

hi ! i just want to know what happened to the company after wan jo got arrested and mo seok hee left to  states? who became Chairman? because MR. Mo never woke up.

2nd question why 2nd wife gave gold in a box  to a woman who visited when Wan jo saw her giving gold . what was the reason?

and after 2 years of imprisonment when 2nd wife and wan joon will get released will They live in main house? and continue as they were doing before will wan joon be able to participate in company affairs?

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, Dennise Gumihid said:

may I know what happened to the necklace suk hee has given to her ex sister in law?

Sorry that I can't help--hopefully someone will remember.

Unfortunately the ending of Graceful Family made me so angry that I actually had nightmares about it, and I no longer recall details. 

Archived