[Drama 2019] Graceful Family, 우아한 가

icyphoenix

Just started watching this a few days ago and love Lim Soo Hyang's character here, such a contrast from ID Gangnam Beauty and the male lead here matches her a lot better in terms of maturity and acting. The storyline is moving at a really good pace, never a dull moment - hope it gets even better!

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Lmangla said:

so another birth secret? ^_^ that teenager is not seok hee's brother but nephew? is what the preview for next ep is about?

Too many birth secrets in this drama lol. We still don't know who is who in the MO family:sweat_smile:

From the preview, the eldest son admitted that he is the father to the press conference but I guess there is gonna be a twist considering the fact that everyone is on that case. 

The subs will be late as usual for both episodes:tears:.

I'm late to the party!  Thought I'd try one episode of this drama today and ended up binge-watching five episodes instead.  :blink:   Usually I don't care for all the chaebol stuff but this is an interesting show.

I've got a question:  what was Second Son (sorry, can't get their names right so a description will have to do) doing messing about with his wife's jewelry?  It was a set of blue (maybe sapphire?) earrings and a necklace.  It looked like he hid the jewelry (or maybe just one earring) in his jacket pocket and then he kinda freaked out when wifey took the jacket out of his hand.  It was an odd moment.  

Obviously he doesn't even like his wife enough to sleep with her, and he just wants to keep her under control.  Why was he so interested in her jewelry?  (unless, of course, he wants to wear it himself :P )

14 hours ago, Lmangla said:

so another birth secret? ^_^ that teenager is not seok hee's brother but nephew? is what the preview for next ep is about?

I suspected that as much, that he is the son of the eldest who had an affair with the actress. He is a director and is in the entertainment/show business after all. He did mention something in one of the episodes while he was talking to the actress threatening her.

But that cannot be the only secret of the eldest brother, right? How come he has to beg from his younger brother for funds for his project? He asked Seok Hee but then even though she said she'd help him, her management rights was taken from her. So zero help there  that is why he approached his younger brother.

Is he the son of the second wife from a different man? And that only  the second brother is the son of Seok Hee's father with the second wife?

I just can't  understand the inequality with the parents' treatment. The second son seems closer to the father as well.  They are even conniving as to the removal of Ms. Han.

What really is the role of the eldest son in this family?

By the way, that funeral for the fish left me speechless for awhile..... the expression on the faces of the funeral attendees (TOP members) was priceless. As one said, it was a business event and not really a funeral. 

I think the grandfather staged his death. (I hope so). The two assistants of the grandfather exchanged looks (the man wanted to argue but the other  woman gave him a look and he stopped ) when they were being asked/forced by Ms. Han to sign the waivers. 

11 hours ago, thistle said:

I've got a question:  what was Second Son (sorry, can't get their names right so a description will have to do) doing messing about with his wife's jewelry?  It was a set of blue (maybe sapphire?) earrings and a necklace.  It looked like he hid the jewelry (or maybe just one earring) in his jacket

I think he got a piece of the earrings. He might be going to use it to plant in a crime scene to blackmail his wife. Sneaky .....

13 hours ago, lu09 said:

From the preview, the eldest son admitted that he is the father to the press conference but I guess there is gonna be a twist considering the fact that everyone is on that case. 

I believe they were trying to mess up with TOP’s succession plan just as Suk Hee has planned. When the actress went to the house during that memorial dinner, you can see her convo with the chairman was between parents of the 3rd boy. 

I am curious of Mo Wang Joon’s hidden secret. Seems to me he was planning on running way with a plane ticket ready but had to change plans because of the succession. The eldest wasnt interested in the conglomerate mess and WJ had to carry the burden and sacrifice himself for his mother. 

The chairman is a pathetic coward. 

9 hours ago, anng said:

I'm starting to think one of the brothers is the son of the TOP lady, I just don't see why she is fighting so hard to get the inheritance on the father's side and that's the only logic I can think of. 

Maybe the second one?

I think Wan Jun does not want to run the family business. He was kinda forced to because of his parents expectations. I thought earlier in the series something is mentioned relating to how about what he really wants, what his heart really desires.... That scene of him tearing the boarding pass, I wonder what is the meaning of it. But I had to laugh at the “dramatic” throwing of the torn pieces into the bath water :joy:

Alright guys please help me out. I’m very confused right now and I really want to understand because I feel like this is all so important. What did the father mean to his second son, the heir WJ, to ‘take care of his mother’ and then next scene he’s next to a bath tub with a hair dryer in it, rips the ticket?

8 hours ago, philosophie said:

Alright guys please help me out. I’m very confused right now and I really want to understand because I feel like this is all so important. What did the father mean to his second son, the heir WJ, to ‘take care of his mother’ and then next scene he’s next to a bath tub with a hair dryer in it, rips the ticket?

I thought that he had intended to escape to Paris (the destination on the ticket) until his dad talked about how his son was the one good thing in his life, so WJ decided not to go.  

Somehow I didn't notice the hairdryer.  If there was a hairdryer there, then maybe he had also been contemplating the idea of killing himself (electricity and water are a dangerous combination) instead of merely running away.

In any case, it seems that he has decided to stay and is plotting with his dad to get rid of Han.

12 hours ago, philosophie said:

I think we'll get the explanation later on as to the significance of this scene... But for the record, there is no hair dryer in the bath tub.

A telltale sign that it's a makjang drama ~ one wakes up in the morning with a nicely coiffed hair :P

ORKZexg.png

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

A telltale sign that it's a makjang drama ~ one wakes up in the morning with a nicely coiffed hair

kekekek.... have you seen one drama where they wake up with bad hair? even if that happens, it is usually the guy and we don't even notice his hair because he is showing off his abs. :P

@Sushimi ~ my impression was that the director was the first child but because wang soo was considered smarter (some sort of genius), his parents focused on him. can someone correct me if the charts say otherwise.

Chart says Wan Soo is first child, Wan Joon is second child. And yes, WS has no desire to take over company, because he is an artist (so he claims). So the parents groom WJ instead and or all their hopes in him. 

I suspect they’re twins, because same age. I doubt there is any other wife, since SH introduced CNR as the third wife. 

3 hours ago, Sushimi said:

i also wonder..I don’t think Suk Hee told Tae Ho about bringing the third Wife to play? Feel like from the mouth they say they have a common goal. But honestly from actions it says otherwise..Tae Ho’s face feel like he is pretty surprised about it...

Even Tae Ho himself stated already...this duo...erm..work ethic quite separated huh?

Yeah, her pace of work is so much faster than him :joy: but I agree, they need to communicate and coordinate more. 

Archived