[Drama 2019] Graceful Family, 우아한 가

icyphoenix

@USAFarmgirl I'm starting to think that SH was a witness too and that's why she was sent out of the country.

One more thing chingu, the one who got paid off was HD uncle. HD was calling him uncle when HD was asking the man what paper he signed that he got that amount of money. As for the current dad, you are right that he isnt HD real dad. But I wonder how TOP didn't realize that the lawyer they hired is the son of the woman that was falsely accused for SH mother's murder.

@monica63 It's good to know the ratings are going up. Indeed, they are doing a good job:)

@tulip06 I think so too. The eldest may have been the one who send that text message to SH. He is acting stupid for a reason. Not to mention, he is the only one who has free time lol. It can't be the youngest because he doesn't even know SH personally. And it can't be second brother because he has a lot to lose considering the fact that he works at the company. Indeed second brother is cold. But Is it just me or is he having an affair with that secretary of his? 

@philosophie Good questions you raised and I hope they make it clear in the upcoming episodes. I have a feeling it's either stepmom or Ms. Han who killed SH mom. 

@Lmangla @Josh Marquez Was it mentioned how gramps ended up in the hospital? I feel like his accident is connected to SH mom's murder. 

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, lu09 said:

But I wonder how TOP didn't realize that the lawyer they hired is the son of the woman that was falsely accused for SH mother's murder.

yeon doo has a different name and it looks like all his education and stuff happened with the new name? thats just my guess. so it looks like they didn't dig deep beyond his educational info and basic stuff on record.

Lots of good questions, guys! I love it!

@Sirry Usly, I think Seok Hee’s grandpa is her dad’s dad since they all have the same last name, Mo. While we’re on this topic, I wonder, I really do wonder, if Seok Hee’s dad is her grandpa’s biological son, if he is, why don’t her grandpa give her grandpa’s shares in the company to her dad instead of her in the will. What is the true relationship between Seok Hee’s grandpa and dad? Is Seok Hee’s dad an adopted son or son-in-law to her grandpa? Or her dad is her grandpa’s real son but her grandpa think her dad is lacking, not a good person to take over the company?

I find Seok Hee’s dad to be a pretty interesting character. I’m going to finish watching episode four and will comment more later.

I think that  Seok Hee Mo is maybe the grandfather's daughter?! :w00t:  hahaha

Although in episode 3 when Seok Hee Mo  was released from prison her father, Mo  Cheol Hui warned  his wife (stepmother of Seok Hee) to not harm a single hair on Seok Hee as she is his daughter! :blink:

It is a good thing that no harm came to the grandfather while he was in the hospital for so many  many years. The woman caring for him at the hospital seems to be on the side of the grandfather.  Because the director who is on Seok Hee's side did not even bother to ask her to get out of the room when he told the old man that they had found a way to get/buy the needed shares.  He did show up (what a surprise for everyone) at the memorial of his wife.

I think the grandfather has been well much much earlier and that he was just pretending to be unconscious. It may be him through his caregiver who sent those text messages to Seok Hee. He was monitoring everything that has been happening for the past 15 years. Waiting for Seok Hee to be all grown up and mature. To be strong enough to be able to take over the company as its heir.

4 hours ago, lu09 said:

@Lmangla @Josh Marquez Was it mentioned how gramps ended up in the hospital? I feel like his accident is connected to SH mom's murder. 

you will find out in ep 4 and it is a bit of a twist. at least I was surprised :huh: so ms han seems to be one mastermind kingmaker type character who really revels in manipulation and chess like moves. she really enjoys being the power behind the scenes. it looks like grandpa has been in hospital since he decided on seok hee as the heir, so quite a number of years. and dad asks ms han if it was co-incidence or something more and she told him that he can think whatever makes him comfortable and he just laughs. she also wanted the top floor as office just like the dad. so am not sure if she is the power behind the scenes or if she is sharing power with the dad or her ultimate aim is to take over TOP for herself. but it is clear that she disagrees with seok hee being the heir and was willing to get rid of grandpa. so who's really in charge of MC group?.. at this stage, I won't be surprised if she is the one behind the murder of seok hee's mom.

there were a few cute OTP moments. found it cheeky and amusing that the hotel clerk as well the sales person thought yeon doo was her boyfriend. his exchange with the sales clerk to buy underwear was amusing. initially he denies being her boyfriend but then says he wants underwear that would suit a hot tempered girl and the lady chuckles that he must like the bad girl type. heheheh... so she picks out a red-black set and he nods approvingly. :lol:... 

and she still doesn't quite trust him or allow him into her world. after she runs, she says that she is alone and he asks why she didn't notice him running beside her. isn't he human? she is not sure how to respond to that. but she has a good time eating meat at his father's restaurant and it was cute how he tried to control her eating saying meat adds to bad temper. really? ^_^

also liked how yeon doo argued his way out of being fired. he also had a discussion with ms han where he directly said that he didn't like the underhanded tactics that TOP was using. ms han seems to think that he is an idealist but he defines idealism in a different way and sees himself as practical. however, he is worried that he may not be able to beat them being himself and wonders if he will have to get as dirty as them in order to defeat them and what that means for his soul. hope he can keep it together!

1 minute ago, USAFarmgirl said:

I am so confused I can't even keep the names right :bawling:

hahaha.. I have that same problem for a few episodes and sometimes even for the whole series. LOL.. so usually look it up in dramawiki before I post so that I know the names.

@lu09:heart: You are so right it was his uncle and thanks after yesterdays post I need someone to have my back.  Actually I am going to go back and watch all the episodes again. Thank goodness there are only 4.  Mystery isn't my thing or real drama usually I float around in romance and hope for as little stress as possible.  Sherlock Holmes would fire me for sure:confounded:

@Lmangla  Girl, you just wanted to see me struggle didn't you LOL....:lol:  Truth is it sure is interesting even if I can't seem to keep up with who is who and if they are good or evil...:blink: 

storyblocks-a-sherlock-holmes-style-victorian-detective-cartoon-character-pointing-at-the-viewer-and-holding-a-pipe_HXiERIcfX_SB_PM.jpgUSAFarmgirl... STICK TO FLUFF:phew:

10 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

kekeke..but don't you find the OTP charming @USAFarmgirl? am liking their slow dance together. it is cute. ^_^

I honestly love them both watching them is like watching fireworks as if they have their own language and everything and everyone is just background blur.  I can't wait to see a little romance in them getting together and hopefully it's soon as that's one thing I can keep up with!

If not I will need....  images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9im6JGLSWN6JYhgtch_v

Ouuu, did care taker Ms. Jung at the hospital texted Seok Heee to come back home. At the end of episode four, when lawyer Yoon came into the hospital to tell grandpa that grandpa have all the rights to pass his shares to Seok Hee, care taker Ms. Jung closed/locked the door then grandpa is awake later. Is Ms. Jung one of the people that grandpa trust and mentioned about having more than one person he could rely on at the beginning of episode four in the flashback car scene with the butler before the car accident.

Some of the bts of Graceful Family. I am sharing just in case some of you all have not seen it. Soo Hyang is great with this new role.

Beautiful still cuts of Im Soo Hyang. 

Another bts for some who might not have seen it.

This bts is so funny. 

Just finished episode 4 and I loved it! Good thing I have other shows to occupy me or I’d go nuts over the wait.

Spoiler

I hope grandpa completed the transfer before he made the announcement otherwise the evil lady will try to kill him again.

wow so happy to see familiar name in this thread.... I was not putting much expectation to this drama... but when I saw the article that the rating is high for the second round episodes I was tempted to watch it... and Suk Hee steal my heart... her chaebol arrogant show... her pure and warm heart... I love her in instant..

I really not get the father... he always put angry face on him... the cheater step mom... the cold and greedy second brother... the clumsy easy going yet funny yet having secret eldest son son... the cute maknae.... 

so the grandfather is tricked everyone... and I thought ms. Jung is the step mom minion... but she sure keep a big secret for her master so well... even the lawyer know nothing about it.

so the eldest son mom is different from Suk Hee... i'm still confuse with their "mom" and how come its Suk Hee that got exile not the eldest brother... since if its from the same mom the heir should be Wan Soo ... but I remember it said the heiress is Suk Hee. and on the last scene the grandfather confirm it by giving out everything to her.

Im So Hyang is sooooooooooooooo good in this drama.... I love Suk Hee already

@tulip06 I hope grandpa completed the transfer before he made the announcement otherwise the evil lady will try to kill him again.

I hope so, too. because making such a declaration in advance before doing the  proper documentation and finalizing it, while all along knowing how the evildoers around you work is simply foolish and dumb. It is like hitting your head on the wall.

The accident of the grandfather many many years ago was not an accident.

I wonder who killed Seok Hee Mo's mother? 

Archived