[Drama 2019] Graceful Family, 우아한 가

icyphoenix

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

watched it randomly and it is a good easy watch and looks interesting. the leads feel a bit different. instead of a cynical rich guy with secrets, we have a rich girl who's wary, shrewd and acts bratty to hide what's going on in her head. the guy instead is earnest but still smart. he too has his secrets and seems to be looking for something. liked that neither quite trust each other yet but she seems to want to trust him. they have a natural easy going vibe that you can see how they can develop into a team and OTP later. the other siblings are all interesting from the little snippets we see but it is difficult to tell where they are -- villain, good or in between?

and it is interesting that the girl's enemy is actually her father? is he worried about company management rights that he wants her out???? and it was weird to see this security TOP team so in control -- rather than damage control, it almost feels like the family is the one who is under the TOP's control. however, what exactly does ms. han get out of this? she is the chief of TOP and seems so smart that she could probably take over the company herself... and a disastrous blind date which leads to false arrest? woah! so far, first 2 eps look like an easy watch with a mystery makjang kind of vibe. not full mello and there's a vibe of romantic comedy thrown in. and lighting is okay! ready for the next week!

tagging friends who might enjoy this or in need of a new drama to watch-- @triplem @Lawyerh @Ameera Ali @nohamahamoud2002 @kokodus @USAFarmgirl @Sarang21 @cenching  ....

26 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

watched it randomly and it is a good easy watch and looks interesting. the leads feel a bit different. instead of a cynical rich guy with secrets, we have a rich girl who's wary, shrewd and acts bratty to hide what's going on in her head. the guy instead is earnest but still smart. he too has his secrets and seems to be looking for something. liked that neither quite trust each other yet but she seems to want to trust him. they have a natural easy going vibe that you can see how they can develop into a team and OTP later. the other siblings are all interesting from the little snippets we see but it is difficult to tell where they are -- villain, good or in between?

and it is interesting that the girl's enemy is actually her father? is he worried about company management rights that he wants her out???? and it was weird to see this security TOP team so in control -- rather than damage control, it almost feels like the family is the one who is under the TOP's control. however, what exactly does ms. han get out of this? she is the chief of TOP and seems so smart that she could probably take over the company herself... and a disastrous blind date which leads to false arrest? woah! so far, first 2 eps look like an easy watch with a mystery makjang kind of vibe. not full mello and there's a vibe of romantic comedy thrown in. and lighting is okay! ready for the next week!

tagging friends who might enjoy this or in need of a new drama to watch-- @triplem @Lawyerh @Ameera Ali @nohamahamoud2002 @kokodus @USAFarmgirl @Sarang21 @cenching  ....

Thanks for tagging me.  A couple of days ago I saw the character chart on the main page of soompi and the story picked my interest...so I was planning on watching it. But I wasn´t aware that it had already started so thank for the reminder.  

Just now, Sarang21 said:

Thanks for tagging me.  A couple of days ago I saw the character chart on the main page of soompi and the story picked my interest...so I was planning on watching it. But I wasn´t aware that it had already started so thank for the reminder.  

the actors are a good set and I have watched them in stuff I liked before. so thought would check it out. so far, its good.

7 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

the actors are a good set and I have watched them in stuff I liked before. so thought would check it out. so far, its good.

This would be the second drama of the female lead that I will watch. First one being "my ID is gangnam beauty". The male lead is new to me. The older actors I have watched them in other stuff before too. I hope I will like it too. 

So I finished ep1 and ep2, ep2 isn't fully subbed on viki yet but I think TOP gave him (her lawyer) some drugs or whatever to get her arrested. They want to force her to admit she's guilty so they have something to hold over her head once they get her out. The lawyer guy working for her is confused on if he should help her get out or not. Honestly, if she isn't out of jail or about to get out by ep 5 or ep 6 I am going to be irritated. I also really want to know what the woman in charge of TOP is getting out of doing all of this. Someone said that it seems like TOP controls the family but I honestly feel like the father calls the shots as well. This is so interesting. I've seen the lead actress in other kdramas and I really like her acting. 

Thought this sounded pretty interesting from the plot description but after watching the 1st episode it's nothing like what I was expecting and I don't think I've ever cringed so much before as I did watching that episode - no way I can handle 16 episodes of this

There's also something off about the FL's face

9 hours ago, nasaan ka Alex? said:

This drama is upbeat and over the top, it has that makjang feel to it.

Nevertheless, it's entertaining.

yea, I like that the characters are not screeching yet and there's a bit of restraint to the madness. it makes the dynamics of the family entertaining where you feel ready to sit with the popcorn and just enjoy.

7 hours ago, Sirry Usly said:

So I finished ep1 and ep2, ep2 isn't fully subbed on viki yet but I think TOP gave him (her lawyer) some drugs or whatever to get her arrested. They want to force her to admit she's guilty so they have something to hold over her head once they get her out. The lawyer guy working for her is confused on if he should help her get out or not. Honestly, if she isn't out of jail or about to get out by ep 5 or ep 6 I am going to be irritated. I also really want to know what the woman in charge of TOP is getting out of doing all of this. Someone said that it seems like TOP controls the family but I honestly feel like the father calls the shots as well. This is so interesting. I've seen the lead actress in other kdramas and I really like her acting. 

thats the question I had as well -- what does ms han at TOP get out of this. like you pointed out, the father does seem to call the shots for TOP but everyone else seems to more or less under TOP's control. we don't know why but the grandfather in the hospital seems to be spied on. the eldest son is wandering around like a drunkard except I don't think he is that stupid and more like playing a part. the second son wants to be heir to the business and I wonder if he is attracted or having an affair with the image lady at TOP. he seems to have fake marriage with his wife? so I am not sure if TOP is supporting his bid to be heir or if he too is under their control. and the stepmom got ordered by ms han not to have stupid affairs where they have to clean up. so that was interesting.

and yea, I like how the lawyer guy is also feeling his way around. he is clearly brought up with good moral values and so it really strikes his heart when things seem clearly wrong. @USAFarmgirl ~ am not sure if the story will be to your liking but I thought you would enjoy the male lead who actually seems like a good sane person. :D it will be interesting to see how he trusts the girl. found his dad really cute on how he liked dramas. seems like us no? hahahahhah.... 

and the swimming pool! is there like one swimming pool in all dramaland? I recognized it from several dramas. kekekek...

So the maid who the FL saw with the knife with her mom dying is going to be the ML's mum/aunt. She was framed for the murder hence why the ML became a lawyer due to the injustice of it all and the flashback with his uncle/contract. Kdramas like these childhood connections too much for that not to be the case.

The guy with the fake marriage getting with his assistant also seems fairly obvious at this moment. I feel like there's already a mole in the office, thinking the hacker.

Less serious that it but this show is giving me Babel vibes and that show got horrendous real quick

I finished watching episode 1 and 2.

-The story in itself is not really something new...typical chaebol family fighting to be the heir. 

-I like that the female lead is not a damsel in distress

- I sometimes find it cringy when the female lead interject some englisch words while she is talking. I know that she had been living for a long time in the state but...it just feels weird at times. 

- I think there is something going on between the second son and that assistant...at least something is in the making.

- When the female lead discovered her dead mom...the woman that was there could have been a relative of the male lead. That´s maybe why the leader of TOP visited his uncle. 

- Some scenes seems a little bit exaggerated

But overall I enjoyed the two episodes and I hope it keeps getting better. 

15 hours ago, Lmangla said:

. @USAFarmgirl ~ am not sure if the story will be to your liking but I thought you would enjoy the male lead who actually seems like a good sane person. :D it will be interesting to see how he trusts the girl. found his dad really cute on how he liked dramas. seems like us no? hahahahhah.... 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTitzD_w3Y-U_gpf2Am374

Graceful Family??? :blink: Right LOL more like messed up family.  You know me well and it might not be a drama I would have picked but I think the female lead is simply amazing!!!  SH isn't a chaebol spoiled brat in fact the opposite she understands money and even how the people around it work.  She sees what others don't( INJUSTICE )and her spunky nature at least to me so far is founded on her rock solid heart.  That isn't focused inward but outward because she covers up her feelings with her prickly armor in trying to throw people off.  That most likely was learned from experience and being forced as a child to survive on her own...

You were also right about Lawyer YD  he had me at hello and the moment he saw SH's hands shaking in the car even knowing how strong and confident she had just been.  He realized what you see isn't always all there is and I have an idea in time he will indeed see  whats hidden underneath her and most likely love it! 

He shows that he is a great son in watching his reaction while peeking in his fathers window while watching him clinch his back.  He understands the sacrifices that were made and wants to give back to those he loves.  He is a Knight for sure follows his heart and believes in justice, honor, respect etc...  I think he is the kind of man whom would give up his new suit and fancy job for an innocent girl he just met now sitting in jail.  Why?  Because it's the right thing and that's reason enough for someone like him...

Just my way out guess here but I wonder if her texts are coming from one of her brothers although  I am never right:vicx: but it's the guessing that is so much fun...  Thanks @Lmangla I'm in:blush:  

PS  I wonder too if the eldest Son's personality is more of an act than for real???  I think he is much smarter than he lets on...B)

Looks like the second brother is on friendly terms with GA guess she is helping him with his image and he is helping her with her fashion sense and necklace LOL.... 

On 8/22/2019 at 1:20 AM, mylovekge said:

Where do you guys watch it? It's neither on Netflix or Viu. :( 

The drama has been liscensed by legal streaming sites Viki and OnDemandKorea. Both Viki and OnDemandKorea have english subs. 

I'm watching it at OnDemandKorea because they are faster with the subs, and the quality of the subs is good.  Here are the links:

Viki: https://www.viki.com/tv/36722c-graceful-family

OnDemandKorea: https://www.ondemandkorea.com/elegant-family-e01.html

EDIT: Just found out this drama is also liscensed by K PLUS in Philippines, Malaysia, and Indonesia. https://www.kdramapal.com/singapore-based-k-plus-to-broadcast-graceful-family-in-philippines-malaysia-indonesia/

6 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

Graceful Family??? :blink: Right LOL more like messed up family. 

kekeke... yea after watching ep 1, I was wondering about the name but I think the writer is doing a sarcastic jibe about how so these called elites are not at all elegant and just messed up....

and I liked how you described seok hee -- she is not annoying like some chaebol characters. I like how the actress is showing her brattiness or her pain in restraint. and rather than angry or bitter or sarcastic, she is just wary and shrewd.

You were also right about Lawyer YD  he had me at hello and the moment he saw SH's hands shaking in the car even knowing how strong and confident she had just been.  He realized what you see isn't always all there is and I have an idea in time he will indeed see  whats hidden underneath her and most likely love it! 

kekek.. am glad! yea, isn't it nice to have a normal guy as a male lead? :D but I like how he is shrewd and not easily intimidated. his law duels with ms han was impressive and he didn't back off even while reading his contract...

ust my way out guess here but I wonder if her texts are coming from one of her brothers although  I am never right:vicx: but it's the guessing that is so much fun...  Thanks @Lmangla I'm in:blush:  

PS  I wonder too if the eldest Son's personality is more of an act than for real???  I think he is much smarter than he lets on...B)

ooh, that would be interesting if the text was from one of the brothers. maybe the eldest son wan soo? he is the only one who seemed somewhat glad to see her and she also recognized because he met her when he was in new york. so he made the effort to run into her and say hello. and yea, he feels more like an act. maybe he just doesn't want to be part of the elegant family. I like the actor and am curious to see how he layers this character. but am glad that you liked the drama enough to join the ride! :D

can anyone read the chart to tell how the family is structured? am wondering where in the family is seok hee and whether her 2 brothers are older or younger? are they both sons of the stepmom? or are they all kids from different mothers?

Archived