[OFFICIAL] Kim Jae Wook ❤️ Park Min Young [MinJae] ❀ Ryan ❤️ Deok Mi the "LaBit" Couple

Harlene118

Adding on from my previous post, I think what really sells them is the fact that they don't need to have intense kiss scenes or be super intimate. All they need to do is act like a real couple, I.e. holding hands, giving each other a peck here or there, have fun together, and we can already sense their chemistry. I'm also not always looking forward to a kiss scene each episode unlike with many other dramas. A good example is definitely the opening of episode 12 when they're just cuddling, or in episode 11 when Ryan holds DM and they fall on to the couch. 

• Like 11
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Wendy123 said:

Adding on from my previous post, I think what really sells them is the fact that they don't need to have intense kiss scenes or be super intimate. All they need to do is act like a real couple, I.e. holding hands, giving each other a peck here or there, have fun together, and we can already sense their chemistry. I'm also not always looking forward to a kiss scene each episode unlike with many other dramas. A good example is definitely the opening of episode 12 when they're just cuddling, or in episode 11 when Ryan holds DM and they fall on to the couch. 

Totally agree. One of my fav scene in ep 12 is when Deok Mi snuggled into Ryan while Ryan caressing her shoulder. She looked at him and he eventually kissed her forehead. That looks lovely and so natural. So far, HPL did well in portraying adult relationship. A mature relationship doesn't have to be all about hot kiss and sex only. If HPL is gonna have a bed scene in the later episode, I hope it's depicted in a good way with the consensual of both characters (not a one-sided). I have faith with this drama because Deok Mi is such a strong and dominant character who is never embarrassed to express her desire.  I was a bit uncomfortable watching PMY's previous drama due to the bed scene that seem forced when the male character begging to sleep with her (although she eventually agreed after that).

Anyway, kudos to PMY and KJW for their natural acting!! :wub:. I'm gonna miss their chemistry once the drama ends. 

• Like 13
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, TripleNa said:

I was a bit uncomfortable watching PMY's previous drama due to the bed scene that seem forced when the male character begging to sleep with her (although she eventually agreed after that).

I saw the clip of that. She looked uncomfortable and a bit resistant, to say the least. Not a good sign.

Ryan is always so protective of Deok-mi, but he isn't alpha male about it. Neither does he force intimacy. He is always tender with her, and she responds in kind because she genuinely cares about him. You can't help but smile when you watch them. Kim Jae-wook and Park Min-young are adorable together.

(Re)sharing a sweet photo of them:

fe3fc458-194e-4690-8eff-c379e0679e7e.jpg

• Like 11
  • Love 6

Yup I thought that the cut on the kitchen scene was abrupt... director trying to keep his PG rating as promised during the press conference....Lol...

Reading about kjw, he seems to immerse himself in his roles...am loving how loving they are

And for pmy she said she "fake dates" during her dramas... this was in a previous interview...

Obviously parallels to current drama theme...so who knows maybe their hearts might be tickled by this

• Like 7

Everything I hoped for is in the latest BTS. I knew he was holding on to her waist in that scene at 1:41!!! We just couldn't see it in the episode. :love:

Was she joking that she's going to pounce and straddle him at 1:51?  :sweat_smile:

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Hi..been lurking here but I thought I just want to share my thoughts out too..

I have to admit I was first from the other ship as I thought they would sail soon but I guess it is still all hopes..

But now, I am on board with this one too. In fact, I was on board from the very first ep, even when they were not yet together as a couple. For some reason, I felt the chemistry from the very start which is so weird for me. Usually I need to see some sort of skinship or something to that effect for me to felt that about any leads but I was hooked the first time at the Chinese Gallery scene. Straight away...

I too agree with most of you guy's assessment about KJW-PMY possible actual connection. It is beyond romantic, it is beyond any defined relationship. There is something special between them that they are so comfortable with each other. From my own observation, I think KJW is actually smitten by PMY, hence being near her make him hot and flushing (seriously, he keep on blushing in every scene they were together. Especially his neck and ears..hehehe..). I think PMY find KJW one of the most comfortable men she has been around that she did not mind him being all touching and feeling with her. I mean, every time I rewatched their moments together, the second time around I would observe where he puts his hand...hahaha..and it is like inches away from her...hmm..(ok..I leave that to you guys' imagination..hehehe)..

My favorite scene so far would be the latest episode. I like all the kissing and hugs kisses of course but I love the first scene of Ep 12. The one where they were sitting together at DM's "penthouse" veranda and just holding hands. Why? Because PMY was not wearing any makeup (maybe very2 minimal) and KJW still gazed at her as if she is the most beautiful woman. I know that is probably acting but if it just merely acting, than KJW is the most talented actor to pull that gazed off. I mean the look in his eyes..wow!..if I was PMY at the moment, I don't know if I can stay still looking at him gazing at me with that eyes...seriously...probably he can hear my heart thumping loudly at that moment if I was there..hahahhaa..If it is acting, it is the most natural acting. But somehow, there is this small part of me believe that every gaze KJW pull off in all his scenes with PMY is actually real, from his heart...hehehe..just my instinct...

Although I was on board on the other ship, I will not be surprised though if PMY and KJW end up together. In fact, I would be very2 happy for them. Their level of comfortableness with each other is something no one could deny. I was lurking on the other ships' thread and they were all like trying so hard to justify this connection as either bro-sis or just friends. I don't agree much but I dont blame them either though. It is normal since, of course, everyone wants their ship to sail but to me who ever PMY ends up with in real life, I hope it will be the best for her. Same goes for KJW. I would want him to end up with someone he can gazed lovingly with or without makeup the way RG gazed at DM, someone he can support through good or bad time, the way RG supported DM, someone whom he can protect and allow to protect him back, the way RG protected and allowed to be protected by DM...If, just so happen, they both end up together, I too will be the happiest person in the world for them, though a bit jealous ( I want my own KJW/RG too..where can I get that?...hahahaha)... So, KJW and PMY,...hwaiting!!

I agree about the amount of ad-libs in this drama. I guess the director saw what most of of us see too. The BTS moments seemed to exude more natural interaction between these two leads that the director felt he rather use that scenes more than the actual one he shots...hehe..which, to me, is the best decision both the director and editor have made so far! Because of that, we got to enjoy natural couple interactions. And again, because of those scenes too, i made peace with the idea that PMY and KJW might end up together for real. I mean, as I said, I was on the other ship but now I can accept anything. If fact, every time I watched their scenes together, I will be smiling like a fool and then keep on telling myself "this couple will be the death of me because they are too sweet together!" Even when they are fighting/ seemed to be in an argument in the actual and BTS scenes, they seemed to have sweetness surrounding them. I will not be surprised if my sugar level escalate all of sudden...hehehe..

• Like 13
  • Love 7

I nearly burst my throat trying to hold my squeals at the new BTS. That hand grabbing her waist is firm and sure and she's not even bothered/surprised/fazed by it. ARGHHGHH but I feel so ROBBED. I want the BTS of the kiss when they were cooking! I'm freaken bawling!!

• Like 10
  • LOL 5

I'm smiling from ear to ear (okay, this is creepy lmao) reading new updates from all of you, while nodding so happily~

i agree with what @haelan said, especially when you mentioned about their moment in the zoo. We know that it was when they hadn't been filming so long, yet they already looked so close. it almost felt like they have been known each other way before this project. the way their jokes clicked each other's, the way PMY looked so comfortable, and the way KJW gazed at her so softly.... like, man... i really think he's already in love with her (my delulu mind says). his eyes were already so soft to her. i started shipping them from that exact moment, because.. how could i resist their chemistry? 

and about the BTS. 

SHE FELL ASLEEP DURING THAT SCENE IS SUCH THE BEST MOMENT BECAUSE... ASDFGHKJKL. I love how KJW treats her, to the level that I really appreciate his behaviors. the way he stroke her head so softly.... i'd like to say, "wowww~ of course, he is the oppa~" he's taking care of her in the most softest way ever ;;;___;;;

Wish the best for both of them, from the deepest part of my heart.

Them being real, or not, I wish them happiness :wub:

• Like 15
  • Love 2

14 minutes ago, Wendy123 said:

I'm too lazy to make or find gifs rn, but I love how KJW leans his forehead on PMY's when they laugh sometimes~

It's so endearing and makes them look so much like a real couple

I'm-

you meant, this?

hS52xBH.jpg

i've noticed that too! for many many times!

there's no way these two aren't (too) comfortable w/ each other. what KJW does (leaning his forehead on PMY's) is something that I always saw in those romantic hollywood (?) movies where a boyfriend did exactly the same to their girlfriend xD

and the more amazing fact is how PMY looks okay with it. she doesn't even budge.

dying because of their sweetness ;;;___;;;

• Like 12