Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

I did not expect to be sucked in to this drama so much, but ahhh, it is really pushing all the right buttons. It has so many lovely, heartfelt moments, like when they all have to get out of the train on the hillside, or the picnic with(out) the pig... The writing is really, really good, and the actors are nailing it. (Wow, though, they really took the notion of the Truck of Doom to extremes, though...! Gonna have some nightmares over that one, I think...) 

I appreciate the person who translated that Fact article. I have been super curious how realistically North Korea is being portrayed. And I can't help but wonder how it makes South Korean viewers feel. I'm not even Korean and I watch this and think, right, there are people there just like me. We aren't so different, really, once you strip away different governments and ideologies. The kids have to do homework, the parents love their kids and struggle to raise them right, people meet difficult choices where there is no perfect answer, and sometimes they choose right and sometimes they regret it... 

Anyway, I can't believe I have to wait a week for more. Such a great drama!

• Like 14
  • Love 1

I was trying to find that fact article about NK. Can someone tell me where I can find it? I went back at least 12 pages and still couldn't find it! Yikes!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spy sam-suk said:

@liltash85 we don’t know though history of casting before everything confirm but to think of that, the drama will go for melo romance and will be using a lot of emotional arc - this is forbidden love between two people- yes i agreed writer offered script to syj at first hand. Syj already did it last night with her goodbye scene and I believe many more to come. 

Sjh also one the best actress who can potray Seo Dan character well and i hope writer don’t be so cruel on her. Let her fall in love naturally because im so sick of love triangle 

If it had been offered to someone else, it must already made headlines. Drama offers always gets headlines even before any confirmation especially from high profile writer like Park Ji Eun chakkanim. Because the writer need to pitch their ideas to tv stations first and they need to have a rough idea who to cast to give some appetite to tv station. For example 'One Spring Night' script was offered to SYJ first before she declined. And later we get the news it was offered to Han Ji Min and she accepted it. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1

Oooooof! Episode 6 was a killer! I kept laughing at the farewell scene and the 4 soldiers, especially PCS who recited an entire poem to SR - so SWEET! 

It's quite obvious that JH's feelings toward SR but because they're not able to love each other, JH is keeping it to himself. So far, SJ is doing a good job forcing those emotions of jealousy from JH toward SR.

For some reason, it was a nice scene between the hello handshake of Dan and SJ and the farewell handshake of JH and SR. I feel like there's a meaning there.

CJC is basically using the same method that he used to get rid of JH's brother on SR. If he thinks it's going to work again, especially on JH's watch... Ha... I sort of wonder if JH's father already sensed that JH was hiding something (especially asking him for that favor to add a national player). In the preview for episode 7, Dan notes that she doesn't really care if JH dies - that's really sad but I also understand that there's no romance between the two to begin with (or at least more so on Dan's end there is).

I wonder what JH was crying about so now I really am anticipating next weekend!

• Like 12
  • Love 1

The "Hot Bish of Pyongyang" is gonna turn out to be a jealous second lead? :bawling: I really wanted her to let go of Captain Ri and get herself a great guy. But that would waste The Second Male Lead. Maybe they'll redeem one another and fall in love at the same time. 

I loved the conversation while on the train ride to PyongYang. I am almost baek percent sure that the writer got the Indian saying from one of my favourite Indian movies ever, The Lunchbox. Good taste Writernim!!

Spoiler

81198220_10157453227115412_8710836023006

80702105_10157453229630412_1580567889281

I don't know what will come next. The situation in North Korea must be resolved before SeRi can go back to SK. They'll probably have their sorrowful goodbye after he discovers who killed his brother and imprisons the bad Army dude.

She'll finally get on a boat/plane that will take her out of NK. Through the Second Lead, I think she will get to know of the schemes of her brothers, which will make her want to return urgently, against her desire to be with Captain Ri. I think she will get back just in time for the shareholder meeting and rescue her company and become CEO of her father's company just as the brothers think they have taken it for themselves.

Captain Ri can come to South Korea, only on some high profile mission with Comrade Kim as an excuse. Otherwise I don't see him coming to SK without defecting. Tornadoes are not summoned at will. She'll resolve her company issues, and somehow, I don't know how, will finally meet with Captain and they can move on to their happily ever after.

Choi Ji Woo should definitely cameo too.

What I want right now though, is the KISS SCENE. A proper KISS scene like I know Hyun Bin can. I'm getting kinda frustrated:relaxed:...especially after she asked him for a hug and he just stood there....No, you are not cheating Oppa!! This is the second drama I've watched this year where the Male Lead has offered a handshake and the Female lead asks for a hug. Grrrr!!! We better have a kiss by Episode 8 as per KDrama rules, otherwise I might riot!

@m i s z CHEN the comment you are looking for is on page 52

• Like 10
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

58 minutes ago, sharluvsenergy said:
The ducklings and their lady boss! 

I am over analysing the pictures. The show has not shown SR in that outer wear (I am referring to the first picture), has it? The handsome soldier wears a hospital-like pajama. So, maybe we would get to see SR in NK for a few more episodes.

PS: I want SR to be in SK as soon as possible, so I don’t need to watch repetitive scenes in SK. We know that the siblings are the bad guy(s) and I dont need a reminder.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, INeedAFan said:

I am over analysing the pictures. The show has not shown SR in that outer wear (I am referring to the first picture), has it? The handsome soldier wears a hospital-like pajama. So, maybe we would get to see SR in NK for a few more episodes.

PS: I want SR to be in SK as soon as possible, so I don’t need to watch repetitive scenes in SK. We know that the siblings are the bad guy(s) and I dont need a reminder.

I think given SR’s current feelings for JH, she will give up her chance to take the plane to Europe and drive him to the hospital. After all, he got shot while trying to protect her.

• Like 14

1 minute ago, joonminfan said:

I think given SR’s current feelings for JH, she will give up her chance to take the plane to Europe and drive him to the hospital. After all, he got shot while trying to protect her.

agreed! highly doubt she will be leaving - at least not until she knows he's safe and OK! Although, I hope they don't make her hide from him in case her presence jeopardizes his safety (evil guy might threaten that?) I don't know LOL

• Like 9
  • Love 1

it has been 2 years since my last visit to Soompi and now I am here again for CLOY.

I wanted to love this drama but I just can't. I like it but not love, and I skip it here and there in every episodes, especially the villain scene, I can't stand his face, bad person with bad face (actually his face is just ok but he has a bad vibe (?) that makes me stressed out. I've seen many villain on other movie that I enjoy to watch, but I can't with this one.

As for RJH, I don't know what's make he cares for Se ri so much, I know he is a good person and wanted to protect innocent people (Se ri) but not to the extend that he neglect the possibility that she is a spy ? He thought about it but only for a very short time (maybe it was only for comedic purpose, as he was thinking the opposite thought than what Se ri was thinking at that scene). He makes her noodles from scratch, protecting her like she is a long life love of his. How long has he known her to treat her that way, really ?

I know the Drama wants viewer to see the sweet, jealous and protective RJH towards Se ri, but I don't see a strong reason why.. 

As for Seo Dan, I don't see anything wrong with her. RJH is obedient to her and showing no rejection, and she has been waiting for years for him. She is mad but she still has a dignity in her to not throwing tantrum, not every woman can be like her. She didn't call RJH but appear in his hotel room because she needs to see it by her own eyes. RJH caught red handed. and there is nothing wrong with pulling a string just to have her fiancee's hotel room number, its just human to me.

what is wrong to my eyes is Se ri and RJH, why Se ri needs to lean on him, hitting his shoulder, giving me a romantical feeling going on, when she learns that he has a fiancee and about to get married next month. I am a viewer and analyse what they give me to watch, I don't make a story on my own. And I am not biased towards main leads so that I have to like/believe/justified whatever they do, and the second lead has to be a less good person.

to this point, I want to know the reason RJH and Seo Dan got engage, was RJH forced to it ? But it doesn't seem that way, at their first encounter at the bridge, he was distance but obedient to her. And if we are being honest, never say never, there is possibility that RJH will appreciate Seo Dan and loves her. I just don't understand when I read somewhere that RJH has set his eyes on Se ri and will never will has a feeling for Seo Dan (something like that). 

well, thank you for reading my opinion :) oh, I love Hyun bin in this drama, he is every inch a soldier *thumbup*

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

I really feel bad for SR. She has no idea her family, more so her brothers, wants her dead or out of the picture. Actually, she knew but was convinced otherwise by Captain Ri when he mentioned that they probably miss her and feel bad for not getting along. She had some hope that perhaps he is right. 

I think this is where we see the protection from Captain Ri even more. He will come to realize SR is actually a person whose family doesn’t care of her existence. And many will want her dead even SD, from the preview. Im loving the love blossom from Captain Ri and SR. That goodbye scene was heart breaking in its own way. I can’t wait to see him pull her into a hug instead of a handshake! 

SD..hmm..this girl is the scary manipulative person. She seems like herself when she talked to the other guy (forgot his name) but her colors also come out when she is alone with Captain Ri and SR. It is going to get interesting with her attempt to get rid of SR at any costs. She is going to be the one who actually pulls SR and Captain Ri closer. 

i really feel for the Rat. When he cried at that goodbye scene, i felt so sad for him too :bawling:

On the other hand, i love Captain Ri’s gang and the Ajummas! They are so attached to SR already! They are the comedy relief to our aching hearts!

• Like 20
  • Confused 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, INeedAFan said:

Gwangbeom (the handsome one) got shot in his leg by the soldier in the truck so he must have gotten treatment in the hospital with Junghyuk. I know a lot of people want the story to move to South Korea already (I feel the same) but I feel they should have a proper wrap up in North Korea first before the transition.

• Like 13

2 hours ago, africandramalover said:

The "Hot Bish of Pyongyang" is gonna turn out to be a jealous second lead? :bawling: I really wanted her to let go of Captain Ri and get herself a great guy. But that would waste The Second Male Lead. Maybe they'll redeem one another and fall in love at the same time. 

I loved the conversation while on the train ride to PyongYang. I am almost baek percent sure that the writer got the Indian saying from one of my favourite Indian movies ever, The Lunchbox. Good taste Writernim!!

====

What I want right now though, is the KISS SCENE. A proper KISS scene like I know Hyun Bin can. I'm getting kinda frustrated:relaxed:...especially after she asked him for a hug and he just stood there....No, you are not cheating Oppa!! This is the second drama I've watched this year where the Male Lead has offered a handshake and the Female lead asks for a hug. Grrrr!!! We better have a kiss by Episode 8 as per KDrama rules, otherwise I might riot!

OMG, thank you for mentioning the Lunchbox because since Se Ri's "Sometimes the wrong train takes you to the right station" quote, I kept on thinking this was from an Indian movie but what always comes to mind is "The Namesake" (Irrfan Khan, Kal Penn) due to the similarly symbolic meaning of trains in that movie. And, of course, because Irrfan Khan was also in The Lunchbox. Now, thanks, I finally got the right movie title! Yes, I am liking this writer a lot now. :)

Re: the KISS SCENE, Company 5 resident Hallyu expert Kim Joo-muk says that the kiss happens by the 8th episode of Korean dramas. I put all my trust in Joo-muk that we will be graced with a real kiss scene next week! :wub:

• Like 10
  • Love 2

Hi everyone. I've been following this forum since the beginning. But not until now I decided to join the discussion. Been a long time fan of HB and SYJ. Really hope they cooperate since SYJ became cameo in Secret Garden. So when they join in the Negotiation movie I was so happy and moreover when they decided to make CLOY.

I'd like to share my thoughts about RJH feeling.
I think RJH likes YSR already but he choose to hold his feeling since he know that their relationship is impossible. He doesn't want SR to have any memories of him that's why he refused to take picture together. But he secretly ask one to keep it for his memories only. He also refuse to give her a goodbye hug because he doesn't want SR fall in to deep with him instead he ask her to think their meeting as a nightmare that she should forget. He know if they fall in love, both of them will devastated so he chose he should be the only one who suffers from this impossible relationship.

I like the scene where RJH was chasing SR and second male. He unconsciously always smile when he see her smile but then the bus block his sight.. and in the bus is written "I love my country". I think it shows the conflict he has. Love between a woman and his country..

• Like 14
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 4

So I'm a little slow here but I just realised this drama's writer is Park Ji Eun, who also did You From Another Star (which I referenced in an earlier post https://jenweiting.com/2019/12/24/crash-landing-on-you-humanising-north-korea/ --- no wonder they feel so similar!!) and other fantastical romances....which makes complete sense because enjoying Crash Landing requires some suspension of disbelief...

But it's so tightly written, the pace so fast, that even during moments when I think "oh come on this can't be true", something really funny happens or we move on to the next scene, so I forget all about it and continue enjoying...for example one moment Seri etc are enjoying autumn leaves in Pyongyang....and then the next thing we know it's Christmas down south??

Also I was looking at the calendar and Jeong Hyuk's wedding date, next month, last Saturday...is January 25th, the first day of Seollal, the lunar new year? That would also be the 13th episode, if they're not airing anything else...?

Park Ji Eun (and this director) is truly a master at jealousy scenes. Actually I thought the scene with the most emotion (or peak jealousy) wasn't between Seri and Seo Dan, but when Jeong Hyuk runs after Seung Joon and Seri: watching them from across the road, watching Seri laugh. A mix of emotions crosses his face, from jealousy to anger to sadness, as if seeing what he and Seri could be, if they were not from two countries at war with each other. As if realising the impossibility of their romance, that he could never walk and talk and laugh freely with her like Seung Joon, and the "big mess" their feelings would cause. It's probably my favourite scene of the show so far:

Screen-Shot-2019-12-30-at-5.13.06-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2019-12-30-at-5.13.32-PM.png

But then what happens? A big fat bus blocks his view of Seri...and what does the bus say? I LOVE MY COUNTRY SO MUCH

Screen-Shot-2019-12-30-at-5.13.47-PM.png

Jeong Hyuk loves his country--and he can't not love it, and his love for his country is what is keeping him from expressing his feelings or accepting hers. But faced with losing her from his sight, what does he do? Without thinking, fearing he has lost her, he runs after her. 

Spoiler

"I'm worried about you" melo eyes...ahem ahem :lol:

Screen-Shot-2019-12-30-at-5.14.28-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2019-12-30-at-5.14.45-PM.png

• Like 20
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

Waiting for Episode 7 like it will take a year T_T (Though it is next year technically, lol) Here we go 2020!

And reading BinJin shippers forum while secretly high-key shipping as well... just that the BTS chemistry makes me go delulu....

Anyway here’s my next episodes wish list:

1. SJ will work with SJ body guard to keep SR safe after SR or SJ talks money. She’s the heir after all so they can get more money if they protect her, right?
  2. I really wanna see SR running in the track field but it might post some danger if her face is revealed in the media. Running with mask can work? Lol I’m kidding.
  3. Mother or father finds out about the recording from SR’s radio. But I’m more interested to see how Mother will react.
  4. More interaction between SJ and SD, their few minutes of talk in the rooftop had so much chemistry, it’s unreal. Or was I just imagining things?

PS

Did anyone notice that SD mom and uncle are the actors in legendary director Bong Joon Ho’s Parasite? I’m thinking are they a package when it comes to projects?  I’m just happy they’re siblings here after [Spoiler ahead] they killed off each other’s characters in Parasite. 
  • Like 10
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, xprosperity said:

It's quite obvious that JH's feelings toward SR but because they're not able to love each other, JH is keeping it to himself

I think in ep7 both will confess their feelings but its a top secret. And only the 4 soldiers know their love status. :wub: its love after the incident. 

• Like 12