[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

correct me if i'm wrong but i thought Ri had broken up his engagement to Dan as mentioned a few episodes ago? i can't wait to see Ri & Se ri confessed their love to one another - i liked the way she asked for a hug in place of a hand shake but Ri i guess was too shy? :ph34r: i wished this drama was airing every day coz the suspense is just killing me esp the latest epis! :(

don't you just love these four squads? they're just so funny!

Crash04-00127.jpg

Crash04-00263.jpg

Spoiler

altho i didn't watch the whole epis of DOTS i think this one really got me hooked even from the start!

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

Just thought of sharing this interview with HB & SYJ in case you guys haven't come across this one as I just did a min ago, however, if it's a duplicate here, please excuse me and bear with me! :)

https://www.preview.ph/culture/crash-landing-on-you-interview-with-son-ye-jin-and-hyun-bin-a1964-20191219-lfrm

cloy-2.jpg

cloy-4.jpg

cloy-6.jpg

cloy-7.jpg

cloy-5.jpg

cloy-1.jpg

I hope these two falls in love in real life :)

cloy-8.jpg

• Like 16
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, dulcinea1 said:

Ratings episode 6 (Nielsen Korea)

Nationwide: 9.223

Seoul: 9.535

Nationwide It increased again; although it decreased a little in Seoul .

As curiosity, CLOY is having similar ratings as Reply 1988 which is the second highest rated drama in cable television (although Reply 1988 had 20 episodes).

I really hope it's going up every episode until the last one. 

although it is possible, it might be a bit hard because of Stove League 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

16 minutes ago, INeedAFan said:

although it is possible, it might be a bit hard because of Stove League 

it is possible CLOY and Stove League are airing at different time slot. CLOY air first (9pm KST), Stove League air 2 hours later than CLOY.(11PM KST)

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

9 minutes ago, hibiscus23 said:

woah this drama is very addictive and i just love the chem betwn HB & SYJ - the four guys in HB's group were all fantastic too! I kinda love the innocent look of HB in this drama LOL he just cracks me and SYJ as always gives her all! i can't wait for next episode! it's too bad this is only 16 episodes i hope they extend it to at least 20 :)

it's kinda cool when the other guy mentions his name Mr Ri sounds like mystery!:wub:

hi to all who's watching this new drama! i just can't get enough of it!

:D

i do agree with you, Cingu...

It is addictive and i really gain a fresh start for Monday. Going to work after weekend with a happy and relax soul after watching this fun and beauty scene from SYJ and HB with his guys in the group. They are just fantastic. Brilliant Writer and Director. :thumbsup:

Smiling secretly everytime watching SYJ and HB 's scene and laughing loudly watching the funny scene from HB's guys and the neighbour moms.

Actually i was not interest in this drama from the start of the episode 1. But my curiosities jump in when a short scene show up at the end of the episode. And i really like every short scene at the end of each episode. When HB seeing SYJ with smiling face hearing SYJ talking to the talkywalky in episode 1. When HB and SYJ say wow watching baloon air in switzerland in episode 2. When SYJ says goodbye to her family at the bridge and suddenly HB ask SYJ to take a picture of him and his fiancee. And I will always wait those short scene till episode 16. :D

• Like 10
  • Love 3

That moment, when SR asks for a hug instead of a handshake... can‘t help crying for that scene! She corrected her words, from thinking of you from time to time, to thinking of you often. And she is sad that they cannot exchange news with each other. RJH himself is still cool, but we know from his expression that he kept it in his heart all of his unspoken wishes. 

• Like 14
  • Sad 5

Catching up with 5 & 6.  My village house inspector is in a dog house :mask: , but what a great tribe of women coming to support Sari . I have to try dry pollock and beer next time lol.  Poor Rat , he loves his little son and his wife and little family , and yet his job makes him an outcast and i don't know how he will get back on track after such abuse by his superiors, but i hope he does .   

I have decided that women should take over the world so we can get rid of stupid wars and male obsessed killings ...what it boils down all of the counties are piece of s....t when it comes to current systems . 

• Like 4
  • LOL 8

1 hour ago, Josh Marquez said:

I guess I’m not the only one who feels bored with the leads? Idk why but whenever it’s a sweet scene between them, i always skip it. Lol 

what make you bored  :joy:

is it Because in your face kind of sizzle moments   :yum:

5e0945be0bafe206820717.gif?download

5e0945d12a955519836002.gif?download

Or because it so 

5e0946c479f29455430436.gif?download

@sadthe1st you remind me of that :joy: 

he have high opinion of himself :sweat_smile:

• Like 5
  • LOL 12

11 hours ago, joonminfan said:

Did SD just say that she doesn’t care if RJH gets hurt or dies? I thought she really liked him!

I saw it more as an ideological decison. But yeah it would be nice to see some struggle there otherwise it's a bit stupid or non nuanced.

Now that i think about it they avoid all the ideological conflicts when we look at Ri Jeong-Hyeok. So they either go a bit deeper with Seo Dan's character or she really is just the jealous fiance trope. Would be really cool to have a romance with Gu Seung-Jung but she has the internal struggle between her ideological believes and love. I mean for RJH there never was anything like that. Which was probably smart anyway considering how some koreans reacted to a north korean military captain as a lead. Imagine if he was in all the Juche stuff.. 

11 hours ago, Nat_93 said:

And Seo Dan mother is a widow, from her uncle reaction after they settled the wedding date “You finally did it” I believe it’s just a convenient marriage even for her, I don’t think she likes him at all. It’s just a spoiled girl hurt because people in the town saw her “fiancé” with another woman.

Yeah obviously. I just don't think it's 'convenient' at all. It's not like she has a lot to say about it. I might have to remember you that she is a woman (in north korea). She is fulfilling her role. She gets the orders and complies which is reflected a lot in the way she talks (even to RJH). Actually not that different from RJH. Only that he is "keeping his word" and she is seen as the obsessive fiance. Whether she likes him or not really doesn't matter. And i don't see how she is spoiled either. She has every right to be pissed. And we know he wasn't making a lot of effort in the past either.

I think the way they are portraying family isn't helping. Her mother is this super outlandish character, the embodyment of north korean capitalism. And her uncle doesn't seem very authoritative. That makes it seem like there is no pressure. And Seo Dan is always dressed in fancy clothes. She comes off very assertive etc. Making it seem like she is this super liberated woman who runs around doing what she wants. The opposite is the case. 

It was decided and she sees it as her duty to make it work. That is the ideology she gew up with.

11 hours ago, sharluvsenergy said:

In the previous episodes, I just feel that Seo Dan is typical arrogant privileged girl, but after today's episode, I feel that above all that, she is demanding in a very rude way and she schemes to get things done her way (getting all the parents involved so that Junghyuk doesn't have a way out). She is very clear that Junghyuk doesn't have feelings for her, but she set her mind that he belongs to her so he needs to follow through what she has in mind like what she said previously - marriage comes after the engagement. She even demands that he cooperates with her by adding love into it. Gosh.. The more I talk about it, the more I feel anger towards her. The feelings she has towards Junghyuk is definitely not love. Yes, she probably likes him but it has turned into obsessiveness when Seri appeared. It has become a sort of competition to show that she will get the man she wants no matter how hard Seri tries or how attracted Junghyuk is towards Seri (she definitely knows that from the first meeting with Seri as it's obvious Junghyuk has never shown this side of him to her).

Are we watching the same drama?

To bring some more light to the role of women in north korea.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/feb/14/north-korean-sexism-women

In other words, it is thought that the role of men is to teach their wives and children so that they will not do anything that interferes with party ideology, even if they’re on the verge of starving to death. This is often reflected in divorce cases. If a husband or wife does anything contrary to party ideology, even to make a living, this is considered grounds for divorce.

Also, a WPK membership card is something you don’t show, even to your spouse, because party ideology is considered far more important than the affection between husband and wife. Men are expected to be able to maintain a distinction between their public and personal lives. Women shouldn’t want to know about the things happening to their men out of house.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

This drama is getting better on each eps. So unpredictable.... Great job to CLOY team. I'm so torn in between while watching eps 5.. I want SeRi & JungHyuk to fall in love,  I wan't them not... I want Seri to leave,  I want her to stay.... This drama is addictive,  so good and I don't know how can I wait  next week to come - probably by watching all previous eps.  

• Like 7

:wub:

15 hours ago, campanulah said:

Yes! I also think he took a photo of her in Switzerland that he has kept hidden for 10 years. 

1 hour ago, liltash85 said:

This episode too confirms me that RJH remembers YSR. When he got riled up that Seri didn't considered meeting him as destiny, ha jackpot!. He has been considering meeting her again as destiny, not co incidence. Also when he said "I will always save you as long as you are in my sight".  To me this line is conclusive with the first time he saved her in Switzerland too. He saved her from jumping off the bridge because she is on his sight and that's what he wanted to do. 

I hope there's a photo of her which is between his belonging from Switzerland and he (or she) discover in some point realizing that they met each other years ago. Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin talked about destiny was very important in the drama, so I think that It'd be a beautiful scene.

I wouldn't like to watch Ri Jung Hyuk to remember Yoon Se Ri since the beginning. I'm sorry, but that's very cliché in k-dramas and honestly, you don't remember the face of a person you met once a lot of years ago for some minutes.

I think is more beautiful if he like her at first sight twice. 

abf9a74b8fb602583446477bb2e90cf39d931d9f     ezgif-1-f7d303ab27d3.gif

• Like 14
  • Love 1

from this to THIS :wub:

Spoiler

this scene was serious but let’s take a moment to apprecitate slow mo #HyunBin on a motorcycle cici09.gif?w=150&h=150

m2htTl.gif

1c5d8c381db274be3a189f6a872a1279a04ffcc0.gifv

Spoiler

466618f8d4138b9a403595e761b64ca681e619c5.gifv

Adding

Hyunbin and Son Yejin's chemistry explode in latest intervie https://forms.gle/pcxU8csjJyTDWeY47

ForsakenShabbyBedlingtonterrier-size_restricted.gif

1. They seriously suit each other perfectly, their visuals are seriously pretty and handsome

2. So they're the same ageㅋㅋㅋ They suit each other so well

3. Son Yejin's eye shape is seriously interesting on the second gif, she's smiling but even her eyes just bend like thatㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ She's like the real smiling emoji

4. Son Yejin's eye smile is seriously God's work. She's too cute

6. Wow they suit each other too well

7. Why am I smiling looking at this

9. Even their voices are perfectㅜㅜ

10. No.. Their chemistry... It's no jokeㅠㅠㅠ  Why do they look so good together?ㅠㅠㅠ 

• Like 18
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 3

Actually at first i am really scared about this drama the way knetz react by teaser, photoshoot by leads etc. They leave hates comments and warn others don’t make this drama rating high so on. They hates the idea of romanticised north korea army and keep on leaves hates comments everytime TVN release new teaser, Im expecting low rating  for 1st ep but im glad  they got 6%. Thats for Hyun bin and SYJ star power despite hates from knetz regarding the plot, fantasy so on

as a SYJ stan, i must admit her comedy act might be not great as JJH or LSK infact i almost drop after 1st ep, but she won me over after episode 3 and im waiting the time she wow me again with her acting like she did in the movie The Truth Beneath and i can see the path is going there after RJH been shoot. Hope yoon seri will be the one helping captain Ri because that fine man already sacrifice a lot because of her

and for Hyun bin what can i say, he is so on point in this drama, definitely deserved all the hype and loved and its only take 4 episode he already has many memorable moment

And for 2nd leads i didn’t hate seo dan, i agree with one commentator above seo dan is super hurt. She been loyal for RJH almost 10years, but RJH didn’t even look at her for second. Shes a woman and she has her own dignity. She and yoon seri is opposite for me, yoon seri is full of herself, but she also humble and very people person, meanwhile seo dan is cold person but , I believe she will change after she find her true love with 2nd male lead like yoon seri change now after eating her own karma 

i love all characters in this drama including bad one and yes i love 1st lead banter moment more than theirs sweet moment

hoping writer didn’t go for full melo because i will miss crazy banter between spy sam suk with her minions and that crazy ahjummas 

forgave me for my bad english yeorebun

Edited by Spy sam-suk
  • Like 9
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

https://www.kdramapal.com/hyun-bin-son-ye-jins-crash-landing-on-you-continues-enjoy-rise-tv-ratings/

“This recent achievement of Crash Landing On You makes it the only cable drama in 2019 to surpass the 9 percent mark in viewership within six episodes or three weeks. Both Hotel del Lunaand The Crowned Clown—2019’s top 2 highest-rated Korean dramas in cable TV—took four weeks to score a similar success.”

Congrats CLOY Team!

• Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 4