Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
0ly40

[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

    • Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

Recommended Posts

@TotoroSY woah you're good in rewatching CLOY for 2nd time I cld've but since there's quite a few that I had to kinda check in terms of some old/new dramas I haven't really watched cloy again!

hmm i'm missing the hide icon wae wae? hehehe anyway I've watched WOTM and curr watching DM it seems good but quite slow in first few epis! Haven't you watched Chocolate? ah you're missing something then! I also started HL but hvnt cont'd just yet! I've been kinda joggling on old dramas these days & just haven't even gone back to the latest epi of DM!

wave wave to you & everyone who's been a loyal CLOY fans! :blush:

sorry for being late in my replies as I sometime don't get a chance to come around here! :anguished:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh wow!! Was reading the thread of this Washington Post's Beijing Bureau Chief  (Anna Fifield) who recommended CLOY, and one of those who replied was the British Ambassador to North Korea (Colin Crooks) saying he watched it too!! Seriously, a lot of very influential people and experts in their area, esp media and academic studies, are so fascinated by CLOY and only has praises for it!  I am SO SUPER PROUD as a fan of the drama!!

 

 

 

 

 

19 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

@TotoroSY woah you're good in rewatching CLOY for 2nd time I cld've but since there's quite a few that I had to kinda check in terms of some old/new dramas I haven't really watched cloy again!

hmm i'm missing the hide icon wae wae? hehehe anyway I've watched WOTM and curr watching DM it seems good but quite slow in first few epis! Haven't you watched Chocolate? ah you're missing something then! I also started HL but hvnt cont'd just yet! I've been kinda joggling on old dramas these days & just haven't even gone back to the latest epi of DM!

wave wave to you & everyone who's been a loyal CLOY fans! :blush:

sorry for being late in my replies as I sometime don't get a chance to come around here! :anguished:

 

I might try a 3rd time CLOY rewatch after taking a break. I seem to have reached a Kdrama plateau and now watching Hollywood movies in Netflix, some are rewatches (Inception, John Wick, Julie & Julia, Salt, The Spy) and some are catch-ups (MIB 3 now). I think I need something exciting or funny right now. 

 

What's the hide icon wae wae? You lost me there LOL!! I've heard great things about Chocolate but not in the mood for melo-slow moving drama. May catch it one day when in the mood. I'm waiting for the new Kim Soo Hyun drama this 20 June on Netflix - hope it's good. The female lead (not familiar with her) looks gorgeous and acting seems good in the trailer. 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@TotoroSY hahaha ok first of the eye icon yday was missing that's the one for anything spoiler or other topics unrelated to say CLOY or other topic/s so yday I was gg to hide my message bc the topic was not about CLOY but i cldn't find it for some strange reason/s hahaha

I really recommend Chocolate very highly, it's not really a heavy drama, i love their love story for one thing!

Spoiler

right now am watching Dinner Mate and the lead actress is the one in CLOY who was madely in love with Capt. Ri! it's a bit slow fr epi 1 but it's picking up now! i seldom watch Hollywood projs these days since i got hooked with Kdramas lols

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wanted to share this since I have not seen it posted here... this scene in Dinner Mate is so funny.... they even used the OST from CLOY.... :loolz:

 

Have not visited here for a while.. can't believe this thread is still quite active.. anyway, shoutout to fellow Binjin shippers... you know who you are :handsup:

  • Like 1
  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi to all,

 

An avid fan here of CLOY. Sigh. I can't get over this K-Drama. It's been 5 days now after completing the series and tears still keeps flowing (I keep watching clips from different episodes). Please help me to move on. Can anyone please suggest a new drama series to watch? I can't find any that is as good or better than this show. I have tried the Descendants of the Sun, but I couldn't stand the lengthy dialogue so I stopped (didn't even completed Episode 1). Appreciate your response. Thanks.

Edited by cloyfever
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cloyfever said:

Hi to all,

 

An avid fan here of CLOY. Sigh. I can't get over this K-Drama. It's been a 5 days now after completing the series and tears still keeps flowing (I keep watching clips from different episodes). Please help me to move on. Can anyone please suggest a new drama series to watch? I can't find any that is as good or better than this show. I have tried the Descendants of the Sun, but I couldn't stand the lengthy dialogue so I stopped (didn't even completed Episode 1). Appreciate your response. Thanks.

Hello... welcome to this family...We have been like this since February..:tounge_xd:..Trust me it is really hard to move on from CLOY and most of us are maintaining the post drama condolence period of six months subconsciously. I haven't finished bingewatching any drama after CLOY and that's why watching live shows as I soon get bored or start comparing it with CLOY. CLOY really sets the bar so high..

If you don't have any problem with ongoing dramas then you can try" It's okay not to be okay". The chemistry, acting and the cinematography are awesome but the story will give you chills. (available on Netflix)

Even Seo Dan is starring in another show called Dinner Mate and it made lots of CLOY reference. (Available on Iqyi)

As for fantasy genre, I m watching Mystic Pop up Bar and it will be ending this week .So far it is funny and entertaining.(available on Netflix)

 

On a side note ,CLOY domination goes on..This time it is from Italy

https://rep.repubblica.it/pwa/generale/2020/06/23/news/crash_landing_on_you-259906073/?rss&ref=twhr

 

  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you @eLizza so happy I discovered this forum :) , with people whom are in boat as I'am :D will check out all your recommendations!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, eLizza said:

 

 

On a side note ,CLOY domination goes on..This time it is from Italy

https://rep.repubblica.it/pwa/generale/2020/06/23/news/crash_landing_on_you-259906073/?rss&ref=twhr

CLOY continues to dominate fearlessly, I felt giddy when I saw some famous personalities in the US being hooked into this, HALLYU wave brought to us by BinJin, PJE, director, the greatest supporting actors and the whole CLOY Fam! I remember when SYJ accepted an award in 2018 (apologies which award was that, I just remembered her black dress) she mentioned that she hopes to bring back the Hallyu wave right? She did! I'm apparently obsessed checking all the ratings CLOY have in different websites, platforms, and media, I feel a little competitive about this :D . I've read the scholarly article on CLOY, I was touched by all points raised. I hope to hear more articles coming out from different parts of the world to proudly cheer to our all time favorite Kdrama (well for me :sweatingbullets:):dorakiss:

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's another great news about CLOY popularity in Japan. NHK, which is Japan's biggest channel and is national TV, did a 6-min feature on CLOY!! That is really amazing!!  If someone here can understand Japanese, will be great to have a summary of what was said. Content likely similar to previous Japan news reports, but in case there's any new info in this NHK program.

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Awesome 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TotoroSY said:

Here's another great news about CLOY popularity in Japan. NHK, which is Japan's biggest channel and is national TV, did a 6-min feature on CLOY!! That is really amazing!!  If someone here can understand Japanese, will be great to have a summary of what was said. Content likely similar to previous Japan news reports, but in case there's any new info in this NHK program.

 

 
Awesome! Wow this is impressive...CLOY is truly a phenomenon in Japan right now. I wish there is an English translation but from a hunch I think they featured real life NK defectors who has a similar love story as our main leads. So proud of CLOY. I think one reason it’s so popular worldwide is its universal theme of romeo & juliet-ish love story, the fascination on North Korea... you couple that with a well written script, incredible cast chemistry and you got yourself one unforgettable hard-to-get-over masterpiece. 

  • Love 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow...CLOY domination continues in Japan. Another Naver article related to how CLOY is being recieved there and comparing its popularity to that of Winter Sonata level which brought the first Hallyu wave . CLOY is not only popular there but it is loved by critics as well. The largest Japanese review site gave it a score of 4.6 out of 5.B) 

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/001/0011707895

 

  • Awesome 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, eLizza said:

Wow...CLOY domination continues in Japan. Another Naver article related to how CLOY is being recieved there and comparing its popularity to that of Winter Sonata level which brought the first Hallyu wave . CLOY is not only popular there but it is loved by critics as well. The largest Japanese review site gave it a score of 4.6 out of 5.B) 

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/001/0011707895

 

 

Thanks for the latest news! Now they added the drama ratings too, showing CLOY is both popular AND rated highly on quality by Japanese viewers! Actually it’s the same in all ratings sites too, with high number of  users giving it top ratings. It’s already end June, 4 months after it aired in Japan, and the news keep coming out. The highest compliment is comparing it to the impact of Winter Sonata. I think article also had a comment from Vast who said they received interview and picture requests, but couldn’t arrange any promo or events in Japan currently cuz of Covid situation. 

 

@MsHoon2219  Yes I’m still amazed Japan is still so crazy about CLOY after 4 months. Means the drama is really going viral there! The fact it’s no. 1 on Netflix Japan for so many weeks/ mths is so impressive! All the elements in the drama just came together beautifully and created Magic that audience can’t get enough of. Plus it has that rewatch addiction which is a strong sign of Hallyu wave impact. 

 

 

 

  • Love 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@eLizza Hi it's me again! just wish to share that I manage to find a good replacement  but a lighter version with more comedy :) "What's Wrong with Secretary Kim" it's also on NetFlix. Not as super top notch as "Crash Landing on You" but this can be a good show to watch next if you are wanting to continue the K-drama fever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, cloyfever said:

@eLizza Hi it's me again! just wish to share that I manage to find a good replacement  but a lighter version with more comedy :) "What's Wrong with Secretary Kim" it's also on NetFlix. Not as super top notch as "Crash Landing on You" but this can be a good show to watch next if you are wanting to continue the K-drama fever.

 

Spoiler

I already watched this a year ago.. Although the chemistry between leads is good but the story is a bit meh! with all those tropes involving childhood lovers, and workplace romances.. Initially it was fun with lots of comedic elements but at some point later on  I found it to be dragging with lots if fillers.. Hope you don't feel bad as you seemed to like this drama. Nonetheless WWWSK was a hit with some good acting and many people loved it. It was just that it didn't live up to my expectations as I watched this after witnessing the hype.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@elizza no worries, yeah, story is a bit mild and characters are a bit younger too. I'm currently at Episode 11 or 12 where the dark past has been revealed. Yeah not sure how the rest of the Episode will progress. Let's see. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HI, sorry I know this is not BinJin Soompi thread, But I cant find it in soompi.

Is there any problem with the thread? Thank you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, swclw said:

HI, sorry I know this is not BinJin Soompi thread, But I cant find it in soompi.

Is there any problem with the thread? Thank you.

 

I cant find it either. It seems it disappeared.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched CLOY again. Sigh, I don't think i can get over with this show. I invited some of my friends who hasn't seen it yet, and some were cursing me like mad as they also caught the CLOY fever  :D hahaha.  Btw @eLizza you are right about the other "secretary kim", I understand now what you meant by filler, everything became rubbish and didn't continue watching after the part where kim stayed overnight with the vice. yuck, it ruined everything. Anyways I'm going to check out who the screenwriter of CLOY is.  Most people neglect or doesn't know the role of the screenwriter. He/She must have done other successful Drama or Movies.

  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...