• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
0ly40

[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

I tried to watch the other nominated dramas that I hadn't seen yet but it has been a struggle lol. I think I will just resume my CLOY rewatch and cry again :wub: Honestly it is still the best drama for me. The other competition I see is WTCB - only certain storylines I liked on that show though. CLOY has the full package for me. Also BinJin's chemistry has now made it hard for me to watch other kdramas as I am also looking for "connection"/chemistry with the mainr leads lol. Although I guess my main struggle with the other nominated dramas, I couldn't continue to watch is the storyline. It didn't interest me as much

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ElectricHearts said:

I tried to watch the other nominated dramas that I hadn't seen yet but it has been a struggle lol. I think I will just resume my CLOY rewatch and cry again :wub: Honestly it is still the best drama for me. The other competition I see is WTCB - only certain storylines I liked on that show though. CLOY has the full package for me. Also BinJin's chemistry has now made it hard for me to watch other kdramas as I am also looking for "connection"/chemistry with the mainr leads lol. Although I guess my main struggle with the other nominated dramas, I couldn't continue to watch is the storyline. It didn't interest me as much

Hahaha!! I think you are too deeply attached to CLOY hence any other Kdrama just don't appeal to you. Esp if this is your first Kdrama. No worries, what's worth rewatching is worth repeating countless times. In terms of Best Drama, I really think CLOY has a fighting chance vs the others and I really hope it will win! WTCB is good but it doesn't have that same impact as CLOY. If you ask my POV, the closer competitor  to CLOY (based on plot, storyline) is Hot Stove League (caveat - I've watched all the best drama nominees except Kingdom - this one's got good acclaim too).

• Like 1

lol I think I have watched more than 20 other kdramas after CLOY - I didn't keep count lol. Besides BinJin related works, I did really love While We Were Sleeping, Descendants of The Sun, Goblin, plus Doctor Stranger and Pinnochio were equally as good. Just the other nominated dramas didn't really captivate me as much as CLOY does. I did really like When The Camellia Blooms - particular the mom and daughter storyline, the avengers and the characters of the leads were fun. It is a show that I thought was similar to CLOY. I couldn't get into Hyena (only got up to episode 3) and Kingdom - I am on season 2 episode 1 which I couldn't quite get into as well. I was continuing since Doona Bae is in it :). I saw you mentioned Stove League on the other thread. So I was going to consider it next but I needed a break after not feeling the last two shows. The World Of The Married reminded me too much of Doctor Foster as I saw that show earlier in the year - so I kept comparing what was different in TWOTM - one thing that really stood out was the supporting characters were more developed. so I liked their storylines more. Although I did like TWOTM a bit more than Doctor Foster with the changes they made. 

Anyways I am on episode 13 of my CLOY rewatch and cried over the couple ring scene again :wub: I think I was on a 2 week CLOY break/BinJin show break lol. Why I was watching more of the Baeksang nominated shows instead as the award show is getting closer. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ElectricHearts said:

lol I think I have watched more than 20 other kdramas after CLOY - I didn't keep count lol. Besides BinJin related works, I did really love While We Were Sleeping, Descendants of The Sun, Goblin, plus Doctor Stranger and Pinnochio were equally as good. Just the other nominated dramas didn't really captivate me as much as CLOY does. I did really like When The Camellia Blooms - particular the mom and daughter storyline, the avengers and the characters of the leads were fun. It is a show that I thought was similar to CLOY. I couldn't get into Hyena (only got up to episode 3) and Kingdom - I am on season 2 episode 1 which I couldn't quite get into as well. I was continuing since Doona Bae is in it :). I saw you mentioned Stove League on the other thread.

From the shows you have enjoyed, looks like you prefer romance with good chemistry of OTP? You should try Healer and also Because this is my first life. Hot Stove League is about professional baseball (the management and humane aspect) - give it a try, you might just like it. But seriously, CLOY is really one of the best, if not the best Kdrama out there. It has all the elements to keep you addicted - unique scenario (NK), amazing OTP chemistry, comedy, great side characters and also engaging plotline. Not many Kdrama that can give you everything like CLOY. :D

TWOTM - I enjoyed this for the great acting and directing, and crazy plotline, touching on a very real issue of marriage breakdown and its impact on the kids. Was going to watch Dr Foster, but now I may not do it. Have also heard many actually prefer TWOTM to Dr Foster (of course these are Kdrama fans so that might also be a preference factor).

It makes me wonder though, when will we get a drama like CLOY again in the near future. All the elements just came in and blended together so well to give us this almost perfect Kdrama. :D

• Like 2

Guysss please vote for our Couple!! They are up for nomination for most popular artist and can only win if we vote.
please download tiktok, follow baeksangawards, click on  the link in the profile, and bote for Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin. Please show your support

• Like 2

Hello CLOY comrades! Just dropping by to say a quick hello. I'm happy to see that the thread is still alive and kicking. Nice to see familiar faces I encountered almost daily during the CLOY live airing like @TotoroSY, @hibiscus23, and @eLizza still on board and making the thread a pleasurable read. (I know there are more but I haven't gotten around to reading further back yet. Hi guys!!!). Fun times back then, huh? :wub:

A big hello also to the new viewers of CLOY and loving it enough that they care to share their thoughts about the show here. I personally love CLOY very much and it warms my heart to know that more and more are discovering it and enjoying it at the same time. Sorry if we didn't warn you beforehand that it's addicting. If it impels you to watch it over and over again, that's part of the CLOY addiction. You're still normal. You have become one of us -- for good and for bad. Supposedly, the withdrawal/condolence period as prescribed by Se Ri is six months, but here I am back again after three. So who is Se Ri kidding, huh? Let me be the one to tell you that there is no moving on from CLOY. We may head for other dramas and equally relish them with delight, but we will always hold CLOY very dear to our hearts. 

If there are other new CLOY viewers who may have clarifications about some scenes and new perspectives on the show's plot and narratives, feel free to post them. It would be nice to read fresh insights as well as revisit topics even after months CLOY ended. You're lucky that @TotoroSY is the most active member here and is on deck for a discussion. Haha. She's one of the CLOY comrades I looked forward to reading during the live airing. 

Hey, @Ameera Ali, I was just browsing the directory and caught a glimpse of your name as one of Soompi's top contributors! You're still rocking it as usual, huh! Lucky are the new drama threads who get to be amused by your funny gifs and witty banters. 

As I'm sure many of you already know, our beloved Captain Ri will have some media events with Smart (a telecoms carrier in the Philippines) tomorrow. Hope we get to support Hyun Bin in this new project. Besides, seeing him again, even in the virtual flesh, is soothing to our hearts. :)

Oh, and congrats to CLOY, Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin, to writer-nim and director-nim (I miss calling them this way), and to the other cast members for the Baeksang Arts nominations. Good luck! I'm rooting for all of you!!! :wub:

• Like 2
  • Love 4

Very very excited to see the full sweep of nominations for CLOY and can't wait for June 5's award show!!  Hope there will be live chit chat here like the time the wrap up party was happening!  Also looking forward to the big reveal of what scenes or songs they'll choose to feature when CLOY/HB/SYJ are talked about during the show :)

• Like 3

On 5/24/2020 at 12:33 PM, eLizza said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Honestly nothing comes close to CLOY.

But if you want to try a drama where the main lead respects the fl ,allows her to shine and protects her in a unique way.,I would like to recommend "Still 17".It was a really sweet and heart endearing drama.The male lead character was indeed swoonworthy and the character development in that drama was awesome.

Another slice of life drama that deals with judiciary is "Miss Hammurabi". Although the fl annoyed me a bit sometimes but the male lead and supporting cast was great ,sensible and reasonable.Romance was not the main theme there but it felt so real as if it can happen in any other work place. 

On 5/24/2020 at 5:20 PM, eLizza said:

Now that I think about it,the male lead had many things in common with Captain Ri. He had an emotional baggage due to which shut himself off from the world. He was a man of few words with a soothing voice. And most importantly always encouraged the fl in during struggles and would protect her in his own unique ways without overstepping his boundaries.He would always silently look out for her without being obvious just like Captain Ri. I m a goner for naive and caring male leads. But the plot also needs to be well written so as to not make me cringe .The otp were cute in an exceptional way .It was great to see the ml embrace a new life again.Honestly it was a great watch.The music was good too. @TotoroSY you should definitely give this a try.Wait a second was the fl in Strangers??.I mean Shin Hye Sun.Then I need to check that out immediately.

PS: Still nobody can beat our RiRi couple.Thats  a given fact.B)

@eLizza Thank you for recommending the gem that is Still 17!! I just finished it yesterday and i loved it! It's my next favourite k-rom-com now after CLOY! (although i haven't watched that many rom-coms yet, still skeptical in finding good ones..especially ones with good dialogue and characters) Also agreed with you there are many similar traits btwn the ML and RJH's character! I share the same sentiment - i'm such a sucker for naive, caring MLs like these two! Wonder if you know of any other dramas with similar characters, would love to check it out! :D

On 5/24/2020 at 3:19 PM, LeftCoastOppa said:

Still 17 - great call - healing, funny, romantic, uplifting .... and IMHO one of the best - heartwarming - flips at the end.

Its as if the writer was saying .... oh, you're feeling good now? Well here, I'll make you feel twice as good :lol:

And the OST is great as well

Now that i've watched it, i totally get what you mean!! A heart warming, feel good plot twist, totally loved it!  

@TotoroSY let us know when you've gotten to watch Still 17, would love to hear your thoughts on it! I've just started Hospital Playlist, liking the humor so far :)

Just wanted to say, I'm so glad for a helpful community here - not only in regards to all things CLOY, but the good recommendations on other series that's been helpful with post-cloy withdrawals :D 

Also, 4 more days to Baeksang!

• Love 2

Just wanted to share this discussion over from Reddit. It echoes the MeToo sentiments mentioned in the articles posted here a few pages back. I love the points raised here and I couldn’t agree more. RiRi indeed has one of the best tv drama relationships ever in the whole dramaland. I can’t. :bawling::wub:

• Like 4
  • Love 5

Hi!! Sorry, I have neglected this thread. Got overly excited at the Binjin thread due to Baeksang votes for Most Populary Actor/ Actress and also a lot of new CFs from HB. LOL!!

On 5/31/2020 at 6:28 PM, eLizza said:

CLOY is is sweeping Japan.Still no. 1 there.

https://bunshun.jp/articles/amp/38038?device=smartphone&page=3

Yes, I've seen a recent screenshot of Top 10 TV shows for Netflix Japan and CLOY is still #1 !! That's really so amazing - it's almost 3-4 weeks that CLOY stayed at #1 there. In fact it also happened in a lot of countries in Feb and Mar, ie CLOY at #1 for almost 2 mths! After the finale!

On 6/1/2020 at 10:08 AM, blue_fleurs said:

Very very excited to see the full sweep of nominations for CLOY and can't wait for June 5's award show!!  Hope there will be live chit chat here like the time the wrap up party was happening!  Also looking forward to the big reveal of what scenes or songs they'll choose to feature when CLOY/HB/SYJ are talked about during the show :)

I can't wait to watch the Baeksang award too!  Yes, let's all come here and do a Live Chit Chat during the Baeksang. Every fan will be tuned it to it, I am sure! Tweeter and Insta will go crazy! You can also drop by the Binjin Soompi thread where it's super active!

Someone at Binjin thread posted that there's a possible confirmation for SYJ's attendance! Hope this is true! Also hope HB will be there too, and the rest of the CLOY cast and crew. Just miss seeing them together. Also do note that TIK TOK will be doing an online stream of the Red Carpet and backstage interview prior to the award presentation event. So do dowload the Tik Tok app if you want to watch it.

13 hours ago, anney said:

@TotoroSY let us know when you've gotten to watch Still 17, would love to hear your thoughts on it! I've just started Hospital Playlist, liking the humor so far :)

Just wanted to say, I'm so glad for a helpful community here - not only in regards to all things CLOY, but the good recommendations on other series that's been helpful with post-cloy withdrawals :D 

Also, 4 more days to Baeksang!

Ah you have already watch Still 17? I am actually watching this really Makjang and dramatic drama called The Last Empress, starring Jang Na Ra. I wanted something that do not need me to think too much or agonise over too much, hence this series. It's actually totally crazy, plot is crazy and twist around like a mad, but it makes me laugh at how ridiculous it is LOL!! Great acting too, albeit Makjang style. I will start Still 17 after Baeksang, when my heart is more still and less excitable. :D

Glad you are enjoying Hospital Playlist. It's like watching a video of your best friends, so comfy and gives a nice feeling. I cried lots too cuz of the sensitive depiction of different patients and doctors challenging times.

Can't wait for Baeksang - it is just another 3 days away!!  HB and SYJ is doing very well in the Most Popular Actor/ Actress voting, so this means they will at least win One award that night. I am hopeful for the other awards too but competition is so tough that I dare not set my expectations too high...Just wait and pray for the best.

Latest vote count - both HB and SYJ are #1, leading with a wide margin vs the #2 :

2 hours ago, MsHoon2219 said:

Just wanted to share this discussion over from Reddit. It echoes the MeToo sentiments mentioned in the articles posted here a few pages back. I love the points raised here and I couldn’t agree more. RiRi indeed has one of the best tv drama relationships ever in the whole dramaland. I can’t. :bawling::wub:

That's so true! And also one of the reason why I love RiRi couple and the whole CLOY story so much! It's such a healthy relationship, despite the impossible circumstances and hinderances they face. I think the reason why many are in love with Captain Ri, is because of how he's that perfect gentleman and boyfriend, who love YSR for who she is, and she in turn blooms and bring out the best in herself when she is with him. In the same way, YSR was able to awaken the courage to love and care again within RJH, and turned his heart of stone to flesh again. Her bravery and spirit, despite her dangerous circumstance, attracted RJH and just light that fire in him that was wiped out after his brother's death. 

I also tried watching Something in the Rain, which my brother really love, but I couldn't continue cuz of the following reasons :

I didn't enjoy how they depict female sexual harassment in the office. I guess the writer wanted to bring out the reality of the situation in SK (and other countries too), but maybe it was just too real and I didn't enjoy that part. Also, I feel like the female lead was being too passive in dealing with the whole harassment and bullying by the male bosses and ex-bf, and I just can't relate nor admire such a Female Lead. I am all for strong FL so this role doesn't appeal to me.

@campanulah  Great to see you drop by here! We sure had a ball during the CLOY series weekly airing, discussing and dissecting the plot, swooning over RiRi couple, laughing at F4 ducklings and NK ahjummas, and swearing at all the villains LOL!! Thanks for your nice compliment. I love the drama so much. and hope this thread will continue to be active, and more new fans will watch and discuss CLOY here. With Baeksang award night happening soon this Friday 5 June, there will be more excitement here and also at the Binjin thread (most of the CLOY fans seem to have transferred over to that thread LOL!!). I am really hoping CLOY will win some significant awards for Baeksang like Best Drama, cuz that will drive the viewership up again. CLOY Fighting!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Hi guys! I’ve been a SYJ fan since 2010 and am so happy that so many people appreciate her now. She’s had runaway success in Film but her TV work hasn’t matched her film success until CLOY.

I first saw Hyun Bin in Worlds Within with Song Hye Kyo (not one of his famous ones) and i really like him there. Both their acting and chemistry was was really good.

When I both found out that HB and SYJ would star in CLOY, my heart was so happy cause my favorite actors in korea were finally doing a TV project together. 

Regarding Baeksang Awards, I’ve studied it and looked at the trends. I don’t think Kim Hee Ae will win Daesang as someone previously mentioned.

What I learned about Baeksang:

1) They distribute awards (As you guys know) and it’s uncommon for a show to win a lot in major categories. Take last year for example, Sky Castle won 4/9 awards (mostly for acting) which is considered a lot but it didn’t bag the daesang or best drama (despite it being the highest rated show ever in cable at the time). Mr sunshine also had 9 noms but only took home 1 award. 

2) No one has ever won the DAESANG without the show being nominated for BEST DRAMA (unless the winner was from a variety show). You guys can look it up. All the actors and actresses  (and even the writer) who won the daesang belonged to shows whose work was nom for best drama. This is precisely why I’m convinced Kim Hee Ae won’t win Daesang. The world of the married only garnered 4 nominations this year and best drama wasn’t included. 

3) They don’t use ratings as the standard for handing out awards. Take Goblin and DOTS for example- both were international hits, revived hallyu, multiple noms in Baeksang including for acting but Goblin only won 2 awards while DOTS won 1-2 (not including the popularity award). Sky Castle despite it being the highest rated cable  TV show at the time didn’t bag best drama. So it’s not about ratings for these judges. Take note however that both Goblin and DOTS won the Daesang (so we have a good chance).

My predictions:

Recap: Most nominations is When Camelia Blooms followed by CLOY

DAESANG: 

1) CLOY: Park Ji Eun (writer) 

I actually think she has a good chance of winning this. For Goblin, it was also the writer who won. As you guys noticed, in as much as the entire cast was stellar, the writing was heavily praised. The screenplay was so well done she made us all fall in love with side characters as well. Critics said it was the best depiction of NK that SK has made because it made NK relatable. Interest in NK was also one of the reasons people were drawn to the show. Park Ji Eun also was given a “Person of the Year” award recently by one of the govt agencies.

2) CLOY: Son Ye Jin

Okay so I really want her to win Daesang. She has never won a daesang in Baeksang and I think it’s about time they give this woman what she deserves. It’s just that the competition is so tough this year. Since they like distributing awards, I’m hoping they give SYJ Daesang while Kim Hee Ae Best Actress. 

-Kim Hye Ja (best and most respected actress of Korea... she’s old already): 4 Daesangs, her latest being last year

-Kim Hee Ae: 2 Daesangs. it will be corny if she gets the daesang again this year tbh.

-Jun Ji Hyun: 1 Daesang (My Love From The Stars)

Even Jun Ji Hyun has 1 and I personally think SYJs character has more depth than Jun Ji Hyun’s fro my love from the stars or even Kim Hee Ae’s. As Yoon Seri, there was so much versatility. She had to make us laugh, make us cry, break our hearts and even gave a bit of action. There was a little bit of everything in Yoon Seri. 

BEST ACTRESS

- Since this is the most competitive category this year, I really hope they distribute the awards. haha. Kim Hee Ae for Best Actress and SYJ for Daesang please.

-To be honest though, this is such a hard one to predict. It’s like all the veteran multi-awarded actresses of Korea (apart from IU) decided to release shows in the same award season. Hahahaha. I’ve never seen a category this stacked in awhile. 

a) Kim Hee Ae (TV): 54 years old

- She’s had a prolific career in TV and is known as one of the best TV actresses of Korea. She was the heart of TWOTM. What’s amazing about her is that she’s had TV hits every decade. Btw, TWOTM is the highest rated cable TV show in Korea (28%, even for non cable 28% is exceptionally high nowadays) but it didn't get as many nominations in Baeksang ( 3 acting noms and 1 for Best Director). She is very well known in Korea, not internationally. 

b) Kim Hye Soo (TV and Film): 49 years old

-One of the most awarded korean actresses and has both a successful TV and FILM career. She is indeed known as one of the most respected actresses of Korea. Like SYJ, she draws a lot of people to watch Korean movies. I don’t think she’ll win for Hyena but she’s like Son Ye Jin who gets nominated almost every year for their films and TV. Hahaha. She’s HUGE in SK but not internationally.

-Recommending Signal if you haven't seen it yet. :)

c)  Gong Hyo Jin (TV): 40 years old

- She’s really famous for her TV work  esp in Rom Coms. She’s had a string of TV hits with WTCB being the latest. I watched her there and the way she played a single mom plus her character transformation was commendable

-She’s very versatile and also multi awarded but is really more famous for her TV work. She does film too and indie stuff. What I like about her is she doesn’t stick to playing 1 type of character. In 1 interview, she even admits that she can’t keep up with the number of awards SYJ has. Haha. 

-She’s Hallyu level since she’s had a lot of hit K Drama’s 

d) Son Ye Jin (TV and Film): 38 years old

-Where do I even begin. Haha. As you guys know, SYJ does more films than TV and she is known more for her film. Like Kim Hye Soo, she’s able to draw people to watch movies and  is regarded as one of the best and most awarded actresses in Korea.

-Difference with Kim Hye Soo was that SYJ achieved Hallyu success in the early 2000s with the Classic, A moment to Remember and April Snow. Prior to CLOY, she got recognition again for SITR in Asia cause SITR was a mid level hit and was on netlfix. That’s how a number of  international fans discovered her. Of course CLOY happened, and now she’s not just known in Asia but GLOBAL from the US to Europe to South America. How amazing is that?! 

- Fun Fact: She's close to doing a 2 peat of the triple awards in SK of Baeksang, Grandbell (film) and Blue Dragon (film). She's 1 Blue Dragon award away. 

- Grand Bell: 3 (2003 Best New Actres, 2014 & 2017 Best Actress)

- Baeksang: 4 ( 2003 Best New Actress in film, 2008 & 2017 Best Actress in film, 2006 Best Actress in TV)

- Blue Dragon: 1 (2008 Best Actress)

e) Lee Ji Eun aka IU: 27 years old 

-She’s kind of like the “Taylor Swift of South Korea” in terms of popularity as a singer there because she writes and produces her own music. Her face is literally everywhere in Korea and has fans from all generations. In a group dominated music industry in Korea, she's HUGE as a soloist and has the most number of NUMBER 1 HITS in their charts beating out even the most popular groups.  Unlike BTS or Blackpink which has a western market, her main market is SK but she’s also huge in China and other asian countries.

-In general, Korean idol-actors are looked down upon because they don't act well and that's what i thought of her initial work as an actress. It changed though when I saw her in My Mister (2018). She may be a veteran in music but has only started to gain recognition as a good actress since 2018. Her success in Hotel Del Luna (2019) further increased her popularity in Asia. Now she's very in demand as both a singer and an actress which is very hard to achieve in South Korea. Usually, the singers who make it big in acting focus on their acting careers instead (ex. Suzy from Vagabond, Yoona from K2, Kwon Nara from Itaewon and Hyeri from Reply 1988). 

-For me, she carried Hotel Del luna. Her character was not your stereotypical female who follows the male lead in K-Dramas.  She was outstanding and equally deserving of a nomination. I think she’s one of the most promising actresses of the younger gen and am amazed that she has back to back nominations for best actress at Baeksang.

If I were to rank the performances in their dramas. Who I think will win Best Actress: Kim Hee Ae

1. SYJ= Kim Hee Ae
  2. IU (I was really impressed with her portrayal character)
  3. Kim Hye Soo 
  4. Gong Hyo Jin

BEST ACTOR

-I think it’s between Park Seo Jeon (Itaewon) vs Hyun Bin vs Jun Ji Hyun from Hyena (Kingdom was also nominated, so if they give it to him, it’s like acknowledging him for both roles already). Though my heart screams HYUN BIN, PSJ really gave a strong performance. I have a feeling that if SYJ wins Daesang, then they will lean to a non CLOY actor to distribute the awards. :( Hyun Bin has won a Daesang for Secret Garden btw :)

BEST DRAMA:

-If someone from CLOY wins Daesang, they definitely won’t get BEST DRAMA. That's just how it works in Baeksang. 

-I think this will go to When The Camelia Blooms because it touched on sensitive topics like being a single mom who runs a bar, social prejudice etc etc. This is why the show was huge there... so many societal issues were tackled which is uncommon in a SK drama. Last year they gave it to MY MISTER (highly recommend) which was a “life drama” and really meant a lot to so many Koreans.  So following that logic and if they give CLOY the Daesang, WTCB takes this home

BEST SCREENPLAY

-CLOY vs WTCBs but I hope they give it to Park Ji Eun of CLOY so Son Ye Jin wins Daesang. Haha. 

-Park Ji Eun is really deserving of this award because of the reasons I mentioned earlier. 

We really don’t know what will happen, though I hope they don’t just get 1-2 awards.  CLOY is really one of the best if not the best in the ROMCOM-Melodrama genre of Korean TV. It really deserves recognition. It’s the FIRST KOREAN DRAMA to be famous WORLDWIDE (not just in Asia like other Hallyu shows Goblin, Dots, Reply etc ). It literally opened the eyes of NON K DRAMA FANS and was the CATALYST for non-asians to start watching KOREAN drama. 

Last FEW HOURS of voting guys! Please vote because the popularity award is what we can only ensure. Let’s give it to them cause they deserve it. We need to see them on stage and see them give a speech!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Missing this drama so bad that I find myself rewatching some of my favorite scenes. Btw, does anyone know the name of the background song playing in this teaser?

• Like 1

Did you guys notice they way RJH holds YS's head with his right hand each time they kissed?  It's always the same position. 

5 hours ago, NYXbaby said:

Did you guys notice they way RJH holds YS's head with his right hand each time they kissed?  It's always the same position. 

Maybe that's HB's kissing style lol!! Or maybe the director asked him to do it? But I think it's HB's style.

@Cloy_eva  Thanks so much for sharing your Baeksang predictions! I still hope for CLOY, HB and SYJ to win big at Baeksang, though I keep my expectations low (but my heart is hoping for wins).  I can't wait to watch it tmrw! Really hope both HB and SYJ can make it for the event. Incl the red carpet and backstage interview hosted by Tik Tok. They both won the most votes for the Popularity voting so they will at least win one award that night. :D

Here's the VLIVE link for the Award event. For red carpet and backstage interview, need to download Tik Tok app and go to the Baeksang Official Page.

https://www.vlive.tv/video/194339

On 6/3/2020 at 8:59 AM, elizabeth said:

Missing this drama so bad that I find myself rewatching some of my favorite scenes. Btw, does anyone know the name of the background song playing in this teaser?

Yes me too! I love rewatching all the scenes via youtube. And also rewatch the whole drama to get that feel again. Not sure which song is playing on the teaser background. Anyone else knows?

Star-studded event at Baeksang!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@TotoroSY thanks for sharing - didn't know the app was needed!  I did see over in the BJ thread that our Seri and Captain Ri are confirmed to be there - *squeaaaaaal*!  

edit:  in the article above it said 4:50 PM KST start - I thought it was 4 PM (does anyone know?)  Also, there is a Tik Tok Popularity Award that's actually being presented? (there appears to be presenters for it) - totally thought that was a fan initiative!

Thanks @Cloy_eva for posting what you know about the Baeksang format!  That's too bad if someone from CLOY wins Daesang then CLOY can't get best drama; the writer gave us a beautiful and quality drama.

Since SYJ has won Best Actress awards before I hope she does win the Daesang for the portrayal of SR.  I would love for HB to win Best Actor and CLOY to win Best Drama; that full sweep would be phenomenal and truly a gift to worldwide fans. 

• Like 1

Reposting the links to watch Baeksang Live Streaming today 5th June'20 - below are the 2 important links and timing.

** To check your local city time, simply google "3.30pm KST in [city] time". More accurate and faster vs asking other members here.

Baeksang Red Carpet and Backstage interview at TIK TOK on 5th June 3.30pm-4.30pm KST

(you may need to register as Tik Tok member to access)

Baeksang Award Event at VLIVE on 5th June 4.00pm KST onwards

https://www.vlive.tv/video/194339

13 hours ago, blue_fleurs said:

@TotoroSY thanks for sharing - didn't know the app was needed!  I did see over in the BJ thread that our Seri and Captain Ri are confirmed to be there - *squeaaaaaal*!  

edit:  in the article above it said 4:50 PM KST start - I thought it was 4 PM (does anyone know?)  Also, there is a Tik Tok Popularity Award that's actually being presented? (there appears to be presenters for it) - totally thought that was a fan initiative!

Thanks @Cloy_eva for posting what you know about the Baeksang format!  That's too bad if someone from CLOY wins Daesang then CLOY can't get best drama; the writer gave us a beautiful and quality drama.

Since SYJ has won Best Actress awards before I hope she does win the Daesang for the portrayal of SR.  I would love for HB to win Best Actor and CLOY to win Best Drama; that full sweep would be phenomenal and truly a gift to worldwide fans. 

Hi there! I've posted the links to watch the red carpet (via Tik Tok) and Award event (via VLive, JTBC channel). Not sure if you need to register in Tik Tok to watch the red carpet, but for VLive looks like it's open to all.

I am also a bit confused on timing for the VLIVE award event which says starting at 4pm KST on the video link. But the other articles says 4.50pm KST. Maybe VLive will show some of the red carpet or interviews? Safer to just log in at 4pm and see what happens.

As for the Tik Tok Popularity vote, its actually a Baeksang award but tie-in with Tik Tok app. They seem to do that with different platforms in different years. But officially it is a Baeksang Popularity award, as voted by fans (which is fair since popularity is about the fan base).

On DAESANG, which means GRAND PRIZE, this is actually the Highest achievement in Baeksang award, and there is one for TV and one for Film. So winning Daesang is better than winning Best Drama. :D

As for full sweep, unfortunately based on past trend, Baeksang tend to distribute their awards across different TV shows. It's seldom that a drama does a clean sweep (unlike in Oscars or Emmy where it might still happen). So I am keeping my expectations pretty low on this, and just happy we will see the CLOY team together again, for HB and SYJ to walk the red carpet (hopefully together, but may be by themselves due to social distancing) and we know at least they will get the Popularity Award.

• Thanks 1

Baeksang Red Carpet Looks: (I missed the aunt and uncle :( but I will update with the other leads)
70uF95I2zkdWdg==&thumbnailType=2&owa=out
GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkAGUwMzdmND

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkAGUwMzdmND

Seo Ji Hye won Bazaar fashion icon
Kim Sun Young won best supporting actress

• Love 1