• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
0ly40

[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

1 hour ago, usadango said:

Yes the baby is for Kim Taehee’s drama, not for CLoY. There was never a twins ending for CLoY.

That reminds me of CLOY all the time.I watched Hi Bye Mama recently and I am reminded of CLOY 2/3 of the time during watching.I thought that baby looks a lot like that baby from the pic and only now I know that it is the same baby 

• Like 4

Hello comrades, 

although this forum is dying, my heart is still with CLOY and still visit this site now and then and am waiting for any new posts or deleted/special scenes.

I was wondering if someone could share the parasite reference in ep 16? I couldn’t catch it but someone mentioned it!

I also wish someone could make a post on all the references of other dramas in CLOY:wub:

for now the significant ones I remember are...

- Memories of Alhambra - lightning strike in the hospital (ep. 6) and computer game (ep 12)
- something in the rain - umbrella scene (ep 15) and dancing scene (ep 16)

• Like 3

On 2/26/2020 at 2:34 AM, INeedAFan said:

It’s shown on Netflix.

Anyway, Netflix is trying to milk this drama :lol:. How can we move on if it keeps on uploading CLOY’s videos?

I was planning to share it too. Ao adorable. Almost 15 minutes of RiRi couple's cuteness overload.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

One of the most touching words from Ri Jeong Hyuk

riri.jpg

I am still not able to move on yet and there were so many touching scenes from this drama which I couldn't make any choices out of the 16 episodes. But this scene got me crying, even just by looking at this photo.

'Next year, the another year, and another year,

it will be a good day,

because I will be thinking of you.

I am grateful that you were born into this world,

I am grateful that the person whom I love is still breathing.

So it will be a good day'.

It may sound like a normal speech or words to other people but to me, it has a very deep meaning on how much Jeong Hyuk is going to miss Se-Ri so much. He wished he would be saying that he will be by her side during next year, another year and another year, but he knew he will not be able to stay by her side, so he changed his word by saying he will be thinking of her. 

Timing has a very significant moment in our lives. Jeong Hyuk came at the right timing telling Se-Ri he is grateful for her to be born into this world and still breathing when Se-Ri has always been feeling sorry that she was born into this world. How thankful she must have been when Jeong Hyuk just told her all those words on her special day. 

I will always remember this scene for sure.

How about all of you? Do you have the most touching scene in this drama? 

• Like 10
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, Chowchow said:

I was wondering if someone could share the parasite reference in ep 16? I couldn’t catch it but someone mentioned it!

If I am not wrong s.o mentioned in this thread before, that is the scene when Seo Dan said she wanted to take revenge then her Mom answered while looking at her bro: yes, we are masters/professional in taking revenge (as the Uncle killed people to take revenge in Parasite, and she then killed him literally).

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/26/2020 at 12:37 PM, TotoroSY said:

There has been many other kdramas on Netflix but CLOY is probably the first that went viral worldwide like this.

CLOY fever still on the race on NetFlix most watched:wub:

• Like 4
  • Love 3

I am in awe of this celebration! I am happy for them, the whole cast and crew and I thoroughly loved the drama yet I am still in awe! It is really amazing the attention this drama is bringing. I think alot of factors are at play...obviously the NK vs SK storyline and the political ramifications,  the pairing of beautiful and talented SYJ  with the handsome HB...add to that the prior dating rumors about the pair, the amazing chemistry onscreen between the couple and of course all the supporting cast that made the drama unforgettable. I know some are saying it's totally unrealistic and fantasy like...idk I guess in some aspects I'll give you that but I can see someone in her position who was so in need of love and understanding becoming family with that group and it changing her perspective on life, her priorities and her heart!  Obviously it's not totally unrealistic for someone to end up in the other country since we see it happened before...maybe not via a tornado with flying cows and such lol! If you live long enough and are open minded enough you see that almost anything under the right circumstances is possible. I've been rewatching MLKSS over and over just can't quit he's so adorable...especially when he tells her "I'll give you alot of pleasure" :naughty:.. it's a drama that's grown on me because female grates on my nerves and I still have hard time understanding that pairing but the thing is sometimes things happen that you can't logically explain but whether NK/SK or Sam Soon...when people connect with certain people in a certain way and those people bring something to their life they didn't even know they were missing until they came along anything is possible!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

OSEN | 2020. 02. 27. 4:48 PM

EXCLUSIVE

Heart-melting moments of Hyun Bin - Son Ye Jin in "Crash Landing On You"

"Even if I die, I won't let you go".

2-D99-BAF6-7-A53-47-F3-AF1-B-5-B36-EBC6-

Although the drama "Crash Landing on You" (tvN, screenwriter Park Ji Eun, director Lee Jung Hyo) ended broadcasting, the audience still cannot part the main couple Ri Jeong Hyuk (played by Hyun Bin) and Yoon Se Ri (played by Son Ye Jin). As the drama has massive popularity, the audience's affection for the "Ri-Ri couple" is also great.

In particular, the chemistry of the couple Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin was so good that rumor has it that they have realized the relationship in the drama. At the same time, the two created romantic chemistry, making the audience feel regret when the drama ended. The fans even supported the idea of making season 2 as they are unable to forget the "Ri-Ri couple". Below are romantic moments that soothe the regret of audiences who still wish to see the love story of Ri Jeong Hyuk and Yoon Se Ri although the couple already had a happy ending.

# Meet again in Switzerland

DED17337-0-B13-4386-B211-B20657-CFE4-F1.

The still-cut released after the end of the drama ''Crash Landing on You'' displayed the chemistry between Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin, which is so affectionate that it again sparked their dating rumors. The photos series capturing the happy moments of the Ri-Ri couple when they reunited in Switzerland fully portrayed the incredible chemistry between Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin. Through a few photos, some viewers even speculated, "Is Yoon Se Ri expecting?"

#Ri Jeong Hyeok comes to South Korean to find Yoon Se Ri

707-DC741-A3-CA-47-C3-80-D3-123-A7259-E2

Ri Jeong Hyeok went to South Korea at all costs to save Yoon Se Ri and experienced happy times with her, which are totally different from the time in North Korea. In particular, through the released epilogue, during his time with Yoon Se Ri, Ri Jeong Hyeok showed a silly appearance, looking towards his lover like many guys falling in love. This sweet, honey-like look showed the sincere feelings of "Ri-Ri couple".

# Ri Jeong Hyeok's confession and couple rings

Spoiler

D8-CBBDD6-E144-41-E9-A026-BD84-C698-C7-D

After preparing the surprise birthday party, Ri Jeong Hyeok came to hug Yoon Se Ri from behind when she was confused and sobbing to think that he had returned to North Korea. Moreover, he presented Se Ri with a couple ring and confessed his feelings, thus creating a lovely scene that journeyed deep into audiences' heart.

# The drunken confession

Spoiler

354-D1-D30-BE50-4373-A73-A-21-B5-A8-A32-

After meeting Yoon Se Ri, Ri Jeong Hyeok had a happy time even just being together. While drinking together, Ri Jeong Hyeok made the scene more profound when saying that he didn't want to go back, and expressed his sincere heart to Yoon Se Ri in the drunk.

# This love is destiny

Spoiler

C87-F60-AD-113-C-47-E5-BB6-E-53-A4808-B8

Right from the moment when they first met in North Korea, just by being together is enough for Ri Jeong Hyeok and Yoon Se Ri to create a perfect combination like sparkling pictorials. Ri Jeong Hyeok himself tied Yoon Se Ri's "messy" hair and even risked his life to protect her. The scene of playing the piano making the two recall the fateful meeting in Switzerland previously also contributes to accentuate the chemistry in the affection of the couple. 

OSEN = Reporter Seon Mi Kyung /seon@osen.co.kr
Photo = Provided by tvN 
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive 
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

[Koreatimes] A recent Gallup poll found "Mr. Trot" is Koreans' favorite TV show this month. The survey, which was conducted among 1,002 viewers between Feb. 18 and 20, showed that 11.4 percent of respondents showed support for the TV Chosun program. It is the third reality TV show ever to have amassed votes in the 10 percent range, following MBC's "Infinite Challenge" (16 percent in January 2015) and JTBC's "Ssulzun" (13.4 percent in March 2017).

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1111315709

1. Mr Trot (TV Chosun) - 11.4%
2. Crash Landing on You (tvN) - 9.1%

3. Itaewon Class (JBTC) - 5.2%

4. Dr. Romantic 2 (SBS) - 5.0%

5. Down the Flower Path (KBS1) - 3.9%

6. I am a Natural Person (MBN) - 3.4%
7. I Live Alone (MBC) - 3.3%

8. Hot Stove League (SBS) - 3.0%

9. Hangout with Yoo (MBC) - 2.4%
10. Gracious Revenge (KBS2) - 2.3%

The most recent episode of Mr. Trot (singing competition program) passed 30% rating (the 1st cable program to do so).

TV Chosun rising as JTBC falters

Spoiler

28-D4-C0-E5-4069-4438-9316-298163286633.

Coronavirus, Cho Kuk scandal boost TV Chosun 

By Park Ji-won

Spurred by the recent surge in news and reality shows, TV Chosun has been roaring and has outperformed its rival JTBC in the ratings race among television networks. 

The channel's rise in popularity has been evident in the success of its hit singing competition "Mr. Trot" which has aired every Thursday since January. The audition show, created to select Korea's next top male trot singers, has continued to break the TV network's viewership ratings records. The the latest episode, which aired last Thursday, hit 30.4 percent, becoming the first cable network ever to surpass the 30-percent range. 

A recent Gallup poll found "Mr. Trot" is Koreans' favorite TV show this month. The survey, which was conducted among 1,002 viewers between Feb. 18 and 20, showed that 11.4 percent of respondents showed support for the TV Chosun program. It is the third reality TV show ever to have amassed votes in the 10 percent range, following MBC's "Infinite Challenge" (16 percent in January 2015) and JTBC's "Ssulzun" (13.4 percent in March 2017).

A few weeks ago, "Mr. Trot" broke the ratings record set by JTBC's hit TV series "SKY Castle," which gained 23.8 percent of the viewership in February last year. 

The phenomenal success of the show has created a 'trot boom', generating similar TV shows, such as "I am a Trot Singer," on other television networks. 

In the wake of the deadly coronavirus outbreak, TV Chosun's news coverage has also leaped forward to outpace rival JTBC. 

According to survey firm TNMS Tuesday, TV Chosun and KBS news shows are currently the two most popular sources of news about the virus. TV Chosun's nightly news broadcast, which airs at 9 p.m. on weekdays, garnered 4.6 percent of ratings ― up 1.3 percentage points from the previous week. KBS topped the most watched news list with 15.5 percent. 

The rise of TV Chosun and the fall of JTBC in terms of news shows began in August last year, when former senior presidential secretary for civil affairs Cho Kuk was nominated to become justice minister. 

The coronavirus outbreak has become another turning point for the shift in news show ratings between TV Chosun and JTBC, as increasing number of viewers tune into TV Chosun for updated news about the killer virus. As of Wednesday afternoon, over 1,100 people were confirmed to have been infected with the virus, and 12 people had died. 

The TV Chosun-JTBC news show rivalry is something few imagined would happen back in December 2011, when several television networks were launched after years of legislative battles. Like other networks, such as Channel A and MBN, TV Chosun and JTBC were portrayed as television networks with no future; largely because the news market at that time was dominated by three national broadcasters ― KBS, MBC and SBS. 

At the time, KBS topped the ratings with 18. 1 percent followed by SBS (10.1 percent) and MBC. TV Chosun and JTBC could not compete with the big three in terms of ratings. 

A dramatic change came in October 2016 when then-President Park Geun-hye was mired in a corruption scandal involving her long-time friend Choi Soon-sil.

JTBC's ground-breaking scoop on the so-called 'Choi's tablet PC' became a game changer in the television news market, elevating the once minor news channel into a major news show. At its peak, JTBC's prime-time news show marked 18 percent. The surge of JTBC at that point was a precursor to the decline of the big three national channels, and there was a dramatic shift in favor of JTBC in the ratings race in the television news market. 

Yearly surveys by weekly magazine Sisa In show that JTBC has been considered the most credible news source among TV viewers since 2017.

A survey by Mediatoday of 1000 people between Dec. 28 and Jan. 1 showed that JTBC earned 21 percent in its media credibility, while TV Chosun earned 15 percent in the same period. Compared to March 2018, the ratings for JTBC dropped 21 percentage points while TV Chosun gained 7 percentage points.

Korea's aging population seems to be another factor helping the rise of TV Chosun, as it is the preferred channel of older Koreans.

In 2018, the number of people in Korea aged over 65 increased by 5 percent year-on-year to 7.11 million, accounting for 14 percent of the total population. Korea is also expected to become the world's most aged society by 2067, thanks to a low national birth rate coinciding with a fast-aging population.

Another survey by Mediatoday showed that those aged over 60 accounted for 40 percent of the viewers of the first five episodes of "Mr. Trot" while viewers aged between 50 and 59 accounted for 27.8 percent, meaning seven out of 10 viewers of the program were aged over 50.

"Elderly people prefer to watch the cable channels. The audition program successfully combined music and performances they know and love," music critic Jung Min-jae said.

source: https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2020/02/688_285157.html

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 images in spoiler tags!
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Loveumore said:

CLOY fever still on the race on NetFlix most watched:wub:

Yes!! I saw that on twitter too. Makes me really proud and happy, as if I produced the drama hahaha!! What's amazing is that the series has already ended vs the others on Top 10 that are mostly still airing. All the articles being released and new audience watching it is helping CLOY to continue it's momentum even after the finale. I'm also thrilled at news of celebrities in HK and Phil (and other countries) posting about CLOY and imitating the characters like JH and SR. That's the ultimate praise for the drama and the actors!!

2 hours ago, Dana T said:

I know some are saying it's totally unrealistic and fantasy like...idk I guess in some aspects I'll give you that but I can see someone in her position who was so in need of love and understanding becoming family with that group and it changing her perspective on life, her priorities and her heart! 

I believe the reason why CLOY became so successful and stole the hearts of many viewers like all of us here, is because despite the fantasy-like setting, it is telling a story about people and their struggles that we can identify with and feel for. YSR finding her soulmate and good friends/ real family all the way in NK, and how JH and the rest of NK villagers changed her life and changed her, is a redeeming story that we fell in love with.

2 hours ago, Helena said:

OSEN | 2020. 02. 27. 4:48 PM

EXCLUSIVE

Heart-melting moments of Hyun Bin - Son Ye Jin in "Crash Landing On You"

"Even if I die, I won't let you go".

Audience still cannot let go of RiRi couple and CLOY. The articles and videos keeps on coming out. Amazing!! It's been 2 weeks now!! The 2nd weekend without new CLOY episodes..... TVN, do your job and release a CLOY Special!

• Like 2
  • Love 4

On 2/27/2020 at 10:29 PM, Chowchow said:

Hello comrades, 

although this forum is dying, my heart is still with CLOY and still visit this site now and then and am waiting for any new posts or deleted/special scenes.

I also wish someone could make a post on all the references of other dramas in CLOY:wub:

for now the significant ones I remember are...

- Memories of Alhambra - lightning strike in the hospital (ep. 6) and computer game (ep 12)
- something in the rain - umbrella scene (ep 15) and dancing scene (ep 16)

There are SO MANY parodies of other dramas/ movies in CLOY, that I can't even keep track lol!! Besides the ones you mention above, here are others that I've caught (not sure which episode) :

- Sky Castle - when the ahjummas were comparing their kids test results and Young Ae said she got a top Uni student to tutor her son and the tutor only accept one student per year. That's exactly as Sky Castle and the name of the tutor is the same too. Also, the actress Young Ae is the same one in Sky Castle who first engaged the coach LOL!!

- Another Miss Oh - Manbok's last scene of recording sound in the field is the same scene of Eric Nam in this drama (he plays a sound engineer). Some also said it's parody of a movie One Fine Spring Day

- Parasite movie - I have read about this but can't recall exactly where in the movie that the line "We are the experts" was used. I've watch the movie once only. I think probably a number of the characters used the same line "I am the expert" in order to get hired by the rich family. Not so sure about this one.

Please add on if anyone remembers other parodies!!

On 2/26/2020 at 1:25 PM, INeedAFan said:

They sure do. When CLOY first came out, I thought it would only be a hit in SK. Primarily because both HB and SJY are not as popular as some young actors internationally. It’s a good thing that many people in their 30-40s enjoy watching kdramas again. Even my friend, who only watched Chuno, has finished this drama in a day.:lol:

I actually thot that CLOY might flop even in SK cuz the story premise seems so cheesy and unrealistic, and there were a lot of negative comments in the different blogsites and teaser videos of CLOY (forgive my non-confidence lol). Also have the same thot that HB and SYJ are not the in-trend actors/ idols and may even be seen to be a bit old for romcom. Well, I am glad my predictions were ALL wrong! The drama's addictive plot and unique NK setting, plus the OTP off-the-chart chemistry took everyone by surprise! HB and SYJ shows everyone who is the Romcom and acting King and Queen!! So happy for them and for the CLOY team. Always love an Underdog story (or it's the case of big stars being overly criticised by local fans - can't recall what this effect is called).

ADDED: Finally found the term! It’s called the tall Poppy Syndrome 

The tall poppy syndrome describes aspects of a culture where people of high status are resented, attacked, cut down, strung up or criticized because they have been classified as superior to their peers. The term has been used in cultures of the English-speaking world.

I've also seen my aunts and brother getting addicted to CLOY and trying to get others to watch it LOL!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 4
  • Insightful 2

Crash Landing on You, a Netflix ‘original series’ starring Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin, concluded with a nationwide rating of 21.7 percent—which translates to an estimated 6.3 million viewers. It surpassed the peak rating of Reply 1988 (18.8%) and is now the highest-rated Korean drama of tvN as far as peak rating is concerned. Overall, it became the second cable drama to climb past the 20% mark and is now the second highest-rated Korean drama in cable TV history, following JTBC’s SKY Castle (again, in terms of single-episode rating). Meanwhile, the series only ranks fifth when the average ratings of episodes are considered. Mr. Sunshine remains the highest-rated cable drama of all time in terms of averages.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TotoroSY said:

- Another Miss Oh - Manbok's last scene of recording sound in the field is the same scene of Eric Nam in this drama (he plays a sound engineer). Some also said it's parody of a movie One Fine Spring Day

Please add on if anyone remembers other parodies!!

The actor in Oh Haeyoung is Eric MOON/MUN. He goes by his Korean name "Moon Jung-hyuk" as an actor. 

Eric Nam is another person ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

It's not a parody.. They're just portraying people with the same profession: recording sound and sound engineering for movies/dramas/CFs. 

As for parody, there's Alhambra parody. When RJH played games and met EunDong, the BGM was Alhambra BGM...and the "do you want to make an alliance?" was also on Alhambra. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, INeedAFan said:

Crash Landing on You, a Netflix ‘original series’ starring Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin, concluded with a nationwide rating of 21.7 percent—which translates to an estimated 6.3 million viewers. It surpassed the peak rating of Reply 1988 (18.8%) and is now the highest-rated Korean drama of tvN as far as peak rating is concerned. Overall, it became the second cable drama to climb past the 20% mark and is now the second highest-rated Korean drama in cable TV history, following JTBC’s SKY Castle (again, in terms of single-episode rating). Meanwhile, the series only ranks fifth when the average ratings of episodes are considered. Mr. Sunshine remains the highest-rated cable drama of all time in terms of averages.

This is great news!! I'm amazed that CLOY has the most number of viewers, even more than Romantic Doctor 2 which is on public TV. But can't quite understand the calculation since Romantic Doctor always had higher ratings for their episodes vs CLOY. Is it because there are more viewers on Sat/ Sun when CLOY is airing, vs the Mon/ Tues of Romantic Doctor 2 airing? So each rating point of CLOY has more viewers than Doctor Romantic 2..... maybe I've answered my own question LOL!!

21 minutes ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

The actor in Oh Haeyoung is Eric MOON/MUN. He goes by his Korean name "Moon Jung-hyuk" as an actor. 

It's not a parody.. They're just portraying people with the same profession: recording sound and sound engineering for movies/dramas/CFs. 

As for parody, there's Alhambra parody. When RJH played games and met EunDong, the BGM was Alhambra BGM...and the "do you want to make an alliance?" was also on Alhambra. 

Ah you are right! It is Eric Moon (of Shinhwa) and not Eric Nam (another singer). I got the family name wrong. 

If the scene of Manbok recording in the field is not from Another Ms Oh, then probably it's from One Fine Spring Day (2001 movie). The scene is exactly the same!

photo5779.jpg

On MOA parody, yes noticed the computer game and "making an alliance" reference too. Too funny!

34 minutes ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

I beg to differ. I think we can consider that a parody because the way Man book is dressed + his hairstyle totally mimicking Eric’s character. And the way Man book’s smile I can totally see Park Do Kyung there (prolly the make up too) LOL

• LOL 1

The fever had spread to Hong Kong celebrities too.

Hong Kong actors just can't get enough of K-drama Crash Landing On You

Hong Kong singer James Ng and TVB actress Natalie Tong posted photos of themselves looking like the main characters of Crash Landing On You.Hong Kong singer James Ng and TVB actress Natalie Tong posted photos of themselves looking like the main characters of Crash Landing On You.PHOTOS: KWANGORRRRRR/INSTAGRAM, NATALIETONG53/INSTAGRAM

PUBLISHED
FEB 27, 2020, 6:55 PM SGT

South Korean drama Crash Landing On You may have aired its last episode, but the frenzy over the show has not died down.

Even celebrities are not immune. Quite a few are fans of the show about a South Korean heiress who lands in North Korea after a paragliding accident and meets her true love - a North Korean soldier.

TVB actress Natalie Tong is an avid fan and recently paid tribute by dressing up like the female lead.

She wore a dress similar to what the heiress character Yoon Se-ri wore in the show and even had her hair tied up to look like Yoon, who is played by actress Son Ye-jin.

Tong posted a photo of herself on Instagram and wrote that she is reminiscing about the show. She wrote in Korean, "Do I look cute?" and added the hashtag #Detoxification.

https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/hong-kong-actors-just-cant-get-enough-of-k-drama-crash-landing-on-you#main-content

• Like 1