• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
0ly40

[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

22 minutes ago, ncly said:

I love CJW's cameo in CLOY, it was a pleasant surprise. I might have missed the conversation here in this thread, but I think the writer was trying to hint about the ending for SRxJH right?

I don't know if someone mentioned it here or not but I'm new to k-drama world so I don't know that the cap reference is from  "The stairway to heaven" until I read this comment. Quoting Red_fishball here,

THE STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN REF THO!!!! ANY STH FANS HERE??? The director frigging used the BGM AND THE SAME SHOOTING TECHNIQUE AND ANGLES FROM STH. COUPLED WITH THE RED BEANIE AND THE REENACTION OF CRYING WHILE PULLING IT OVER HIS FACE. IM SCREAMING. LOVE IT SO MUCH HAHAHAHAH

28dac3a85787842d35ae6de24f67a5ce2774487e 

I really love how the director and writer tried to give every small details to the drama, kudos to them.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, phoenixfire25 said:

I don't know if someone mentioned it here or not but I'm new to k-drama world so I don't know that the cap reference is from  "The stairway to heaven" until I read this comment. Quoting Red_fishball here,

I really love how the director and writer tried to give every small details to the drama, kudos to them.

I agree! I haven't been this impressed in a while with the thoroughness and genius writing and directing of a drama. It was a total pleasure all the way around..every aspect to watch....well maybe except for the brother and sister in law but even their evilness was necessary to make the story complete. It was funny when it needed to be....really funny and heartfelt and genuine when it needed to be. And as someone posted previously the pairing of the leads was impeccable! Same age same visuals not to mention the chemistry made this one exciting and believable drama to watch...thanks again!

On side note not to be in conflict with what I just said Encounter imo was also an awesome drama with same brilliant writing and thoroughness. Yes the age difference was a thing for some and even me initially but it worked somehow. Just like how Seri changed RJH Park Bo Gum changed SHK character in that drama for the best. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 4

49 minutes ago, gladys57 said:

Am I the only who's been wondering how on earth did JH manage to send SR the lovely flower pot? He was in NK which made it totally impossible to do so.:w00t:

My guess is that compassionate NIS chief who taught JH how to send messages to SR. He's such a romantic guy too!:wub:

He probably did a reserved delivery as well. He must have ordered the delivery man to send it on that day. 

• Like 5

Thank you so much @Ahpheng, I am so happy whenever I come back to Soompi for a drama I still see you and your awesome strips, always as stunning, unpredictable and smart, I am so in love with the way you use scenes and characters’ face expression to deliver your thoughts and humor. I have enjoyed your strips for DOTS and MDBC so much, and now CLOY.

Love ❤️.

10 hours ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

I plan to go before I graduate... It's not far from SK (though I have to go through China first). I want to take train route from China to Pyeongyang ehe. 

Wow that would be amazing. Wish your plan come true and come here share with us abt your trip!!! I bet the train route is as beautiful as Mongolia route in CLOY. Oh, and tell me whether they sing the same song on the train lol, I somehow really like that song and feel so joyful listening to it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dana T said:

Ikr...he was so funny. Everytime he got a phone call he would turn and look at RJH I was like ...dude you are so obvious lol! Thought it was nice of him to let him go to hospital and how he tried to stall at the DMZ so RJH could see Seri....he was a softie

Can you tell me how to respond to multiple people in same quote? I see people with several boxes and responses in 1 but I'm not sure how

When you come across something you want to Quote, click on the + sign instead of "Quote". This will store the post for you and you can keep on clicking on the + sign for any post you want to quote. You'll notice on the bottom right corner of your screen there's a button that accumulates all of the posts you "quoted". Then when you are ready, click on that box at the bottom right corner and it will insert all of the quotes for you in one post. :D This makes it easy for you to continue to accumulate posts even when moving from page to page. It remembers all of it.

I am still not over CLoY and now there is a void that needs to be filled!

I seriously don't know how HB is going to do another drama and look just as good. I feel like he set such a high bar with Captain Ri.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Dana T said:

Ikr...he was so funny. Everytime he got a phone call he would turn and look at RJH I was like ...dude you are so obvious lol! Thought it was nice of him to let him go to hospital and how he tried to stall at the DMZ so RJH could see Seri....he was a softie

Can you tell me how to respond to multiple people in same quote? I see people with several boxes and responses in 1 but I'm not sure how

There is a plus sign next to the word "Quote", it's for multiple quotes. Click on the plus sign every time you wanna quote something in one comment box.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, TotoroSY said:

Liking what you wrote there! I've also read many comments here (and other sites) about SR and JH not fighting enough for their love. Maybe it's because throughout their whole time together, they were spending all their energy to keep each other alive - first JH saving and protecting SR, and then later SR doing the same for JH. It was only when SR nearly lost her life, and JH also realise how difficult it will be for her once he's gone, that JH took the first step to continue being in SR's life via the text messages, and finally to initiate a reunion at the end of those messages. It probably took JH one year and more to plan for it, since he already told SR indirectly that it will be the land where Edelweiss grows ie Switzerland. He may even have started training on his piano again and auditioned for the National Symphony to be the pianist. Throughout the series, JH planned every step he took, and I am sure he did the same for his reunion with SR. Once he set his mind on something, he will get it done. And vice-versa, SR being SR the CEO is also the same. Remember she said that she will buy the Seoul Arts Symphony (can't recall exact name) so that JH can play there? That's exactly what she did with the musical scholarship foundation.

Brilliant!

Good point - see I wish episode 16 dedicated more time into explaining and fleshing out RJH's side of things.  If there's ever a time use flashbacks it would be now - flashbacks to how RJH came up with this plan, things he did while he was in SK to put it together.  Although I'd like to think that his plan when pre-ordering Edelweiss flowers for her was just a very vague plan and that ultimately it was up to/contingent on his mom, she helped him (a) be discharged from duty, (b) not have to take over his father's role, and (c) be able to audition for the National Symphony.  Which brings me again to the point where we should have seen at least a scene where his mom helped him bring his plan to fruition (we know she had a part, not sure to what extent, given her realization moment after talking to SD's mom).

Thinking about it again, initially I felt terrible for RJH during the separation years because he had no information about SR, didn't have any consoling text messages from her, nothing.  I felt the same for SR but to a lesser extent because she had the texts (even though it's really odd/sad/borderline unhealthy - the texts are "forthcoming" but in a way from the "past" if that makes sense, she really didn't know anything about how he's doing in the present moment either, so I found it weird we didn't see any sad scenes from her throughout).  But anyway, after taking in your point about how RJH must have had a plan and was working on how to bring it to fruition, and in that sense he must have had a lot of hope that was able to help him continue with life day by day knowing there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

It's the saddest part - to know they had to feel at some point there was no light at the end of the tunnel - so I'm glad RJH probably didn't actually feel that way at all.  Maybe SR did. (Still brings me much comfort, for RJH).

For this reason I was also really upset that RJH didn't give her any glimmer of hope but I suspect because of the situation and all ears around, he couldn't be so blatant about telling her, "we will see each other again" - nor could he do this on the pre-set text message which could be at risk for being read by others (whatever the wiretap version of text messages is).  After rewatching the last separation scene I can now see that he said to her, "pray desperately and wait, you asked if you can see someone that way, you can."  I'm going to believe that was his biggest hint dropped to her, and I hope she understood, and they both believed in it.

• Like 10

Just a question. 

In the episode where  cho choel gang was on trial, I saw that Dan's uncle was nodding at the judge. Does it mean anything? I thought something fishy was going on but it wasnt explained anywhere. Cho also said that captain ri missed out on something.  Anyone have any idea what is it ? Thanks 

Anyone recall when was the first time rjh said I love you to se ri? 

• Like 2

On 2/18/2020 at 10:42 AM, INeedAFan said:

Lol, those points were my primary reasons for taking a break from kdramas. This drama is my first in three to four years. 

I understand what you mean. I took a break from dramas too! I'm happy you came back to dramaland. And I'm happy that CLOY brought you back to drama land because it is an amazing story. Welcome back!

So I said this before. I don't think I'm good with words. But I want to share my thoughts on Ep 15, and 16. And I want to share my thoughts on the drama.

My thoughts. 

First, I want to say. I believe this drama changed my life. Why I think it made me think about my life and the decisions I make. I ask, "Am I happy?" I watch CLOY before I go to work. I felt like I lived in the drama. I felt like I belonged there. And I think a lot of us are like Seri. Why? I think some of us take life for granted. I think she took life for granted. Then she is far away from home. She's in danger. Then she meet Captain Ri and his soldiers and the people around her. I think she becomes more comfortable. I think I asked myself, "Am I taking life for granted?" I think this drama made a lot of people look inside themselves. I think Seri didn't believe in love. She began to fall for JH/Captain Ri.

When she got back home, I don't think she was happy. I think she kept saying she wanted to go back home in the beginning of the drama, remember? But when she leaves JH, I don't think she wants to go back home. I'm sorry. I'm repeating myself. When she goes back home it's the same thing. Her family is trying to destroy her. Some of them are trying to take her business away from her. Some people are trying to kill her. JH finds his way back to her. Seri is happy. She missed him so much. But her life is in danger. He protects her! She protects him! He almost loses her. She almost loses him. I can't believe the second brother and his wife wanted Seri dead. I was so angry at them. 

I'm glad she got to see JH's soldiers again. I think she really formed a bond with them. I think they were more family than her real family. When JH has to leave to go back home it was sad. I could see the pain in Seri's eyes. I think she was always trying to remain strong. But JH was always making her cry. I'm going to talk about Seo Dan and GSJ  real quick. They looked like they were having fun. Seo Dan reminded me of an Ice Queen. But she became happy with GSJ. And when he died I was so upset. I think he made her happy. I will get back to Seri and JH now. And I think the second brother went to jail, right? I was like, "YES!!"

So a year later. Seri is in Switzerland. And I didn't like seeing her sad. How does she meet JH again? He is playing the piano. I was so happy when he met her. I didn't think she would ever see him again. And when she saw him my heart almost came out of my chest! I was filled with so much emotion. I felt all the longing that Seri felt. Someone here said that JH and Seri were always being punished. Well, I agree. When they meet again, it finally ends. And when they kiss my heart beat so fast! I know they kissed at the hospital. But this was different. This was like, "I missed you." And this was like, "I will love you forever. I have always loved you." I think they fell in love the moment they met. He stepped on a landmine, remember? 

I like how the ending showed them happy. They hugged each other so tight. And the flowers he gave her were beautiful. 

I think Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin gave us their hearts in this drama. I think they were so professional. I could look in their eyes and believe that they missed each other. I will watch their other works. CLOY has a special place in my heart. I will never forget CLOY. I'm sorry.  My thoughts are terrible! I backread. And a lot of you said better things than I did. And I loved IU's song too!

Well, 

I hope some of us meet in other drama threads! I enjoyed reading all your thoughts and opinions. I wish we could have talked more..I said, I wish I could reply to that, but I thought my post was too dumb.

@philosophie And I see you! It's nice seeing you in another drama thread again.

And I'm sorry for the notifications again!

Thank you for welcoming me to this thread.

Sometimes I don't get along with people in drama threads..Why? I don't think they like me. I felt very welcomed here. I think all of you are so nice!

See you around!

Me:

Image result for real housewives atlanta gif

:wub::heart: "Love you all!"

Edit: I always thought, "No one likes me because I'm a black kdrama fan! Well thanks again!" :wub:

• Like 7
  • Love 3

13 minutes ago, Xxyyxzm said:

Anyone recall when was the first time rjh said I love you to se ri? 

Directly "i love you" - when SR wakes up in the hospital and they tearfully reunite.

Indirect "the person I love" - back hug scene

• Like 4

1 hour ago, gilaswan said:

How many weeks in total was RJH in SK?

Around 3-4 weeks. I am leaning towards 4 weeks. 

Anyway, does anyone know if any HB and SYJ dramas or movies have wedding scenes? I am going to make my own FMV with IU’s OST :lol:. I am still upset they didn’t have a proper wedding :ph34r:.

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, blue_fleurs said:

But anyway, after taking in your point about how RJH must have had a plan and was working on how to bring it to fruition, and in that sense he must have had a lot of hope that was able to help him continue with life day by day knowing there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

I agree with you. Usually when one has a goal  or something to look forward to, life doesn't seem as dull and vicious as it may seem anymore. This also happens to GSJ. As he realizes what he wants in life, his attitude and behavior changes and moves him forward to his goal. (And unlike us, now that we have no thing to look forward to during the weekend, we find our lives a little empty...and we go back to rewatch the drama or go on soompi to discuss about it...hehe)

In JH-SR case, the desire to reunite with Seri helped him create his plans and gave him the energy to carry them out. If he told Seri to pray desperately, I believe he worked himself desperately to make the reunion happen. If it seems like years of waiting for Seri, it is years of action for JH during their separation. In addition, knowing well Seri would go back to the empty life she had before meeting him, he took care of her (like he had been all this time) through the timed messages. I think this act of caring is not just for her benefit; it is for his benefit as well, unbeknownst to him. Because, when knowing you're accountable to someone, you tend to live more responsibly and rationally.

Seri, on the other hand, is supposed to be vulnerable given her situation. I believe JH could contact her if he plans it well enough, but she just simply has no means to find out about his well being. Although she has been showing traits as RJH's equal in previous incidents,  it is after their separation that I find Seri truly shine as a strong woman. With only faith, she relentlessly finds ways to see him again. If RJH has a plan, Seri has too many plans and she is going try them all until they meet. That's how I interpret the things she has set up things in Switzerland. 

• Like 7
  • Love 6
  • Insightful 2

Question:

Some people are really unhappy with CLOY because Jeong Hyeok is cheating on Seo Dan.

How will you justify that JH was cheating on SD or not?

• Like 1

What is episode 10.5 comrades? Have any of you seen it? Is it worth clicking on the link, it seems like its one of those websites that has tons of virus?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mouse007 said:

When you come across something you want to Quote, click on the + sign instead of "Quote". This will store the post for you and you can keep on clicking on the + sign for any post you want to quote. You'll notice on the bottom right corner of your screen there's a button that accumulates all of the posts you "quoted". Then when you are ready, click on that box at the bottom right corner and it will insert all of the quotes for you in one post. :D This makes it easy for you to continue to accumulate posts even when moving from page to page. It remembers all of it.

I am still not over CLoY and now there is a void that needs to be filled!

I seriously don't know how HB is going to do another drama and look just as good. I feel like he set such a high bar with Captain Ri.

Thank you so much that's makes more sense and I wondered what the + sign was for now I know :grin: thanks for helping the newbie! This has been fun following the thread but exhausting at times when I come back and theres been like 5 more pages added because I don't want to miss anything ...but. 

I totally agree about HB I mean idk I said in an earlier post...just when I thought he couldn't get hotter he did! Earlier I was rewatching ep 7 when he's in hospital and Seri had finished sewing his jacket and walked out frustrated by his answer about kiss....he has that dumb but hilarious look like ...did I say something wrong...then when he turns his head to look at jacket and smiles....GOOD LORD...even with gunshot wound and ashy lips that man is to die for. I feel like I need to repent for thoughts I have everytime I look at him. :flushed::love:

I know they're professionals and it's not like she hasn't ever kissed anyone good looking but....not HB! I just wonder even if they're not anything other than friends still can u imagine the experience of filming that type of drama with HIM! They had pretty good chemistry in Negotiation also even tho shot thru a monitor. I thought he was sexy in that movie with his long hair and bad boy looks. Idk where do you stop talking about HB or SYN for that matter?  I wonder also how long this post will go on how soon will people move on and it start to fade? It just has a different feel to it. 

SYJ has been my girl crush since Moment to Remember...my very 1st kdrama years ago that I watched strictly by accident just because story sounded appealing. That was way before I intentionally sat down to watch a movie with subs...which everyone thinks I'm crazy for doing! I tell them it's so good you don't even think about it after a while it's totally worth it!

I love the pics I saw posted of her with her friends in her downtime. She seems so cool and confident. I love that she isn't pressured by people reg marriage and family. She is happy and satisfied with her life obviously and when/if that happens great if not she's fulfilled. It's such a liberating thing for a woman imo to be true to her self, passions, career etc and not fall into the stigma that women must marry and have children. Ok...see you can just keep going and going!

• Like 4
  • LOL 2