• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
0ly40

[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

I did mentioned before she was inspired more than 10 years ago and I shall expand it here since many are curious

Writer Park Ji Eun was inspired in 2008 where a report of a South Korean actress Jung Yang boating adventure was swept away due to bad weather and ended her up in the border of North Korea and she had to make a quick exit

this was originally planned to be a fantasy rom com and so we have CLOY and evidently she choose paragliding among the various modes of transport to crash land on JH 

genius writer isn’t she? This is the umpteen time I am professing my admiration for Writer Park Ji Eun! 

this is the very reason I was excited about CLOY since early 2019 and wanted to see how writer park expand her inspiration into a fantasy rom com and boy she nailed it 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

By far the best girl character I have ever seen....Girl crushing her :wub:

(Video credit to editor)

• Like 5
  • Love 7
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, INeedAFan said:

Wow everyone always says good things about working with SYJ :wub:

Can someone translate? Please and Thank you.

• Like 1

OSEN | 2020. 02. 20. 12:59 AM

Hyun Bin becomes more popular than ever after "Crash Landing on You"

5-A1-C613-C-C9-FC-4441-97-CF-813-E064453

Actor Hyun Bin has caused a sensation again in Asia with "Hyun Bin syndrome".

After receiving affection from many viewers with the role of Ri Jeong Hyeok in the recently-ended drama "Crash Landing on You" (cable TV station tvN, scriptwriter: Park Ji Eun, director: Lee Jung Hyo), Hyun Bin still caused a "fever" across Asia even though the drama has already come to an end. Although the actor has always been popular with the public for his deep acting in every work, this drama is even more special when it comes to the ultimate romance, different from previous films.

As the elite officer Ri Jeong Hyeok, right from the first scene, Hyun Bin made the audience unable to take their eyes off his perfect, "God-gifted" visual. Moreover, he also showed his diverse charisma through every episode and gradually revealed the image of an infatuated young man through the development of his feelings toward Yoon Se Ri (played by Son Ye Ji). 

Besides, Hyun Bin, who the public warmly calls the "king" or "adonis" in romance films - has satisfied the "dream love story" of female audiences from many generations, from U20 to U50. He achieved this by perfectly portraying the character Ri Jeong Hyeok and continuously enhancing his special ability in the works he participated in so far.

Hyun Bin portrayed 200% of Ri Jeong Hyeok's charisma, from the puppy-like cuteness with a carefree image in front of the piano, the pain that cramped his heart with the drunk confession at Seri's home, the kindness that soothed Seri's feeling with actions rather than words, to the trustworthy image as he always protected Seri at any time, as well as the delicate as he always remembered even the smallest words Seri said.

Moreover, even with the unrealistic details that many audiences realized, Hyun Bin still managed to immerse them into the drama with his signature casual and profound acting. In addition to that, in "Crash Landing on You", because he played a North Korean officer, he had to act using this local accent. In spite of that barrier, he still did well as the center of all the characters thanks to his stable acting skill. Thanks to the actor's solid capability in all genres, from romance, drama, to action, the audience have praised him "Hyun Bin is a genre himself".

Ri Jeong Hyeok, Hyun Bin's new lifetime role, not only conquered the audience in Korea but also stole the hearts of young women across Asia. Although the drama has ended, the enthusiast interest of Asian fans is still continuously spread on online forums. In addition to appearing on the real-time search keywords of Weibo, China's biggest SNS, the actor also appeared on the main pages of Chinese mainland media outlets, proving his immense popularity. Besides foreign media, advertising brands are also actively contacting the actor.

Becoming the center of attention again when creating the "Hyun Bin syndrome" through the drama "Crash Landing on You", Hyun Bin has chosen the film "Bargaining" (rough translation) of director Yim Soon Rye to be his next work. In 2020, Hyun Bin is expected to continue challenging himself with unlimited portrayals as the "icon of hardworking".

OSEN = Reporter Seon Mi Kyung /seon@osen.co.kr
Photo = Provided by tvN 
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6

The best way to get these unaired scenes are usually through the Directors Cut.

I hope it pushes through!

• Like 6

https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/what-singapore-fans-say-about-k-drama-crash-landing-on-you-and-7-things-to

What Singapore fans say about K-drama Crash Landing On You and 7 things to know about the show

9-DAC6-E3-C-9-E27-44-FB-A220-5-B7-CF6-E9

A still from television drama series "Crash Landing on You" starring actress Son Ye-jin and actor Hyun Bin.PHOTO: NETFLIX

SINGAPORE - Crash Landing On You, which stars the popular Hyun Bin and Son Ye-Jin, smashed viewing records with its finale on Sunday (Feb 16).

According to Nielsen Korea, the show has become the second-highest-rated drama in South Korean cable television history, with a peak rating of 21.7 per cent. It is just behind Sky Castle, a drama about South Korean "tiger mums" which achieved a peak rating of 23.8 per cent in February 2019.

In Crash, a South Korean heiress played by Son is blown into North Korean territory while paragliding and meets a dashing North Korean army captain played by Hyun.

For Mr Raymond Babol, a Filipino expatriate based in Singapore, the appeal of Crash similarly transcends borders.

The 36-year-old senior designer says: "My siblings in the Philippines and my aunt in the United States were talking about it in our group chat, so I decided to start watching it."

Since then, Mr Babol says that he has gotten hooked on the storyline. He even cried at the finale, which he found brilliant.

He adds: "I am going to recommend this to every person I know."

Similarly, piano teacher, Madam Tan Sok Hoon, 51, and her husband watch the show religiously and are particularly fond of the leading lady's wit.

Administrative executive Crystal Ling, 28, who follows the show, is also a fan of lead actress Son. "I've watched almost all of her shows," she says.

As for 19-year-old Tan Qiao Lin, a relief history teacher, she enjoyed the way the show humanised the North Korean citizens: "It was entertaining to see them going to computer cafes and getting into online games."

She also liked the depiction of the relationships between North and South: "The show made me aware of the sadness and longing that Koreans who have family or friends on the other side of the DMZ (demilitarised zone) must be feeling."

"It was bittersweet when the characters' return to their respective sides because they can never see each other again."

36-F798-E7-AE72-41-A8-9770-E4-DBAD62-A80

A still from television drama series "Crash Landing on You" starring actress Son Ye-jin and actor Hyun Bin.PHOTO: NETFLIX

Suffering from withdrawal symptoms? Here are eight things to know about the show:

1. SO CLOSE YET SO FAR

No, none of the scenes were shot in North Korea. Instead, filming took place not just within South Korean locations such as Jeju, but also in countries like Mongolia and Switzerland.

2. STAR WRITER

Park Ji-eun, the screenwriter of Crash Landing On You, has many other hit K-dramas under her belt, including My Love From The Star (2013-2014), The Producers (2015) and Legend Of The Blue Sea (2016).

3. INSPIRED BY REAL INCIDENT

Screenwriter Park drew inspiration from actress Jung Yang's 2008 accident. The actress was sailing in Incheon when her boat was swept away due to the weather conditions, causing her to almost cross the 38th parallel - the border between North and South Korea.

4. DEFECTOR CONSULTANT

The production team had consulted North Korean defector-turned-YouTuber and reality TV celebrity Kang Nara on details about life in the country. Kang, 22, had defected in 2014 - her mother had paid a broker to smuggle her into China.

She took a roundabout route through China, Myanmar and Thailand before arriving in South Korea to reunite with her mother, who had defected two years earlier in 2012.

5. DID THE SHOW GET NORTH KOREA RIGHT?

According to Kang, about 60 per cent of the portrayal of North Korea is accurate. "The richer families in North Korea like to show off their wealth by adding lace curtains to their windows. So that was pretty well portrayed," she commented. She also appreciated the detail about kimchi caves.

"Since rural North Korea doesn't get electricity, they don't have refrigerators. They have kimchi caves where they store kimchi, and that was also recreated well," she added.

6. THE LEADS REUNITE IN THE SHOW

This is not the first show where lead actors Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin have starred together - they had first done so in 2018 South Korean action crime thriller film, The Negotiation. Son played Chae Yoon, a member of the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency's crisis negotiation team, while Hyun played Tae Gu, an arms dealer who had kidnapped two Koreans in Bangkok.

7. GOLD OLIVE CHICKEN GETS A BOOST

The popularity of the show has given a boost to businesses such as South Korean chicken franchise Genesis BBQ and jeweller Swarovski. In the show, the lead characters eat Genesis BBQ's speciality Gold Olive Chicken, while Son Ye-jin's heiress character wears a pair of Swarovski earrings.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

ho everyone... can someone send me a link of the twins wearing tomato costume please... ^^

28 minutes ago, INeedAFan said:

Even the First Lady watched CLOY. My life is complete. 

This is the funniest thing ever!! The President teasing his wife that she watches CLOY because of Hyun Bin (vs her reason of the NK/ SK storyline). Hahahaha!!''

• Like 5
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, TotoroSY said:

This is the funniest thing ever!! The President teasing his wife that she watches CLOY because of Hyun Bin (vs her reason of the NK/ SK storyline). Hahahaha!!''

Ikr, can you imagine gushing over HB while they were watching it?

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, INeedAFan said:

Even the First Lady watched CLOY. My life is complete. 

I'm my way back to home and laughing, smiling and blushing while watching this and the people around me think I have gone mad!

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

5 hours ago, Peach said:

Just for a while
I'm pretending like
I'm still in the place we were
I was there for you
you were there for me
we know
Day will come and go again
No matter where
No matter how
Wandering about in strange night
Won't you be here by me
Now I hold your hands
With you I feel alright
How does it feel
It's been a long day or night
How does it feel my friend
It's been a long day or night
Just for a night
I dreamed about
the times we had back in the day
I was there for you
You were there for me
We know 

Oh my goodness.  The lyrics to this song is so fitting - it starts off so sad then it quickly turns into happiness.  The music director of CLOY is just amazing.... every song is just so fitting!

I didn't think about how much music production would cost, but honestly, I'm curious how much it cost to produce CLOY (the budget, all in) and how it compares to say, a feature film in hollywood.

It will be so satisfying to see CLOY gain bigger and better popularity (more than it is already).  

I'm patiently waiting for the director's cut (do they ever release it in a form other than dvd?) and basically a cast interview (at least the 4 main leads) which I totally thought was a thing after k-dramas, but I guess not!

• Like 3

woah loved that vid with pres and his wife during parasite meeting with the cast, even the first lady is a huge fan of HB hehehe Nice I loved it thx for sharing!

Just saw this from hancinema:

[HanCinema's News] Defectors Rank Top Three "Crash Landing on You" Actors in Terms of Dialect

By William Schwartz on 2020/02/19 at 19:12 PST

photo1155693.jpg

One major factor behind the success of "Crash Landing on You" is the unusual authenticity the drama manages to exert in regards to its North Korean characters. This fidelity to such minor factors as dialect has also been praised by actual North Korean defectors. On February 19th, a segment on the YouTube channel of YouTuber Dave invited defectors on to share which actors in "Crash Landing on You" they felt did the best job.

Yang Kyung-won, Yoo Su-bin, and Lee Shin-young, in that order, were ranked as the three best. That these specific actors would be selected is of little surprise, as they had also enjoyed the most popular praise for their performances while "Crash Landing on You" was still airing.

photo1155692.jpg

photo1155692.jpg

he omission of leading star Hyun Bin was notable, though easily explained. The defectors explained that Hyun Bin's character, though heroic, was inherently unrealistic, and that no people like him existed in the North Korean military. This comment likely was less a political statement and more a reference to his character's inherently bombastic actions. Kim Soo-hyun of "Secretly and Greatly" fame, who reprised that role in a cameo on "Crash Landing on You", was similarly deemed unrealistic.

The defectors also had praiseful remarks for the depiction of department stores in "Crash Landing on You", as well as the drama's accurate depiction of North Korean fashion. Their impression of the drama's depiction of living quarters was more negative, however, as they described real North Korean homes as being more about practical function, rather than aesthetic form.

Written by William Schwartz

• Like 3
  • Love 1

https://www.rappler.com/entertainment/tv/252265-why-crash-landing-on-you-everyone-korean-drama-obsession

Why 'Crash Landing on You' is everyone's K-drama obsession

by Maggie Adan | February 20, 2020

It definitely needs to be yours, too!

A44-FF0-D9-4876-48-DA-97-DB-9-F9-E24-F8-
CLOY. South Korea's latest K-drama hit Crash Landing On You is about a South Korean woman who accidentally crashes in North Korea, meeting a soldier. Screenshot from trailer

MANILA, Philippines – Everyone from your best friend, to your neighbor, to your tita, to your doctor, and even to your doctor’s secretary is obsessed with South Korea's latest television hit, Crash Landing On You.

The highly-popular K-drama's final episode aired on Sunday, February 16, and we're stiill not over it. 

Here are a few reasons why:

That special #RiRi Couple chemistry

The chemistry between lead stars Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin, who play Ri Jeong-hyeok and Yoon Se-ri (hence the nickname RiRi Couple) respectively, is so powerful that people have speculated that the two are dating in real life (they’ve denied this twice) and/or are shipping them and hoping they do get together in real life.

The chemistry is evident even when the cameras aren’t rolling! Here’s a behind-the-scenes video that will make a shipper of you, too.

Son Ye Jin’s comedic chops

Hailed as Korea’s "Queen of Melodrama," Son Ye-jin has had little opportunity to flex her comedic acting muscles.

In CLOY, she proves that she can do romcom just as well drama, showing off impressive comedic timing and charm. Other actresses may read annoying onscreen as Yoon Se-ri but Son Ye-jin just makes her so cute and adorable. No wonder Captain Ri fell in love with her. Who wouldn’t?

Hyun Bin’s pouty and sulky expressions

Speaking of cute, Ri Jeong-Hyeok may seem like the perfect tough North Korean soldier with his broad shoulders, deep voice, and manly stride, but when he gets jealous or insecure, he brings out his secret weapon – a pouty expression that’ll make you swoon just as much as his “beautiful visuals,” if not more.

You get a glimpse of North Korean life.

According to North Korean defector and YouTuber Kang Nara, 60% of what’s depicted on the show about North Korea is pretty accurate. She does admit though that it’s highly unlikely that there’s a captain as hot as Hyun Bin in the reclusive nation.

Captain Ri’s NK Squad is #squadgoals

It’s hard not to love the 4 loyal soldiers in Ri Jeong-Hyeok’s squad: Se-Ri’s eternal nemesis Pyo Chi-su, resident oppa Park Kwang-beom, ultimate K-Drama fan Kim Ju-Meok, and baby of the group Geum Eun-dong.

It’s heartwarming how much they want to protect and have come to love Se-ri. And the scenes featuring the squad (plus Man Beok) in Seoul are some of the funniest on the series.

.The North Korean ajummas

Se-ri may have gotten off on the wrong foot with Captain Ri’s quirky bunch of nosy ajumma neighbors, but it doesn’t take long before she wins the hearts of these titas of North Korea. The lovely gesture Se-ri makes at the end of the series to commemorate their friendship and let them know that she hasn’t forgotten them is deeply touching.

It’s got villains you’ll love to hate

The drama's villains – Cho Cheol-gang, Yoon Se-hyeong, and Ko Sang-a – will make you want to shake a fist at the screen. They are the worst, which makes their comeuppance all the more rewarding when it finally does happen.

The love story of the second leads are just as sweet.

It’ll take a while to warm up to Seong-Jun and Dan, mostly because at the beginning, they’re trying to tear RiRi apart. But once they start falling for each other, it’s hard not to root for them to find their own happily ever after. 

Impressive shooting locations

Switzerland plays an important role in the show’s plot, so there are quite a few scenes in the picturesque country that’ll make you want to pack your bags immediately. And because they can’t film in the DPRK, South Korea and Mongolia had to stand in for North Korea. Locations in South Korea include Jeju, Incheon, Busan, Chungju, Pocheon, and Taean, which stood in for Captain Ri’s small village.

https://youtu.be/ZL5FMFRelIg

It’s your light romcom escape 

If you’re looking for something light and fun to keep your mind off everything happening in the world these days (there’s a lot), CLOY is it. In keeping with most K-Drama romcoms, it’s mostly upbeat and rosy. Conflicts are resolved pretty quickly, the plot isn’t too convoluted, and the drama isn’t too heavy.

The cameos are epic

My Love From the Star’s Kim Soo-hyun reprises his role as Won Ryu-hwan from the movie Secretly Greatly. In the film, he played a North Korean spy who was sent to Seoul and was forced to go undercover as the village idiot. 

Stairway to Heaven’s Choi Ji-woo also makes an appearance, when Se-ri keeps her promise to K-Drama fan Ju-Meok and arranges for him to meet his ultimate bias.

It’s even got something for fashionistas

Se-ri and Dan wear clothes and tote around bags from brands like Valentino, Chanel, Jimmy Choo, Celine, Hermes, Bottega Veneta, Balmain, and Rochas to name a few.

Not to be outone, Jeong-hyeok has his own Pretty Woman fashion montage in the series, too. And he’s smoking hot. 

The dreamy soundtrack is perfect for the series.

IU’s contribution to the OST, “I Give You My Heart” came later in the series, but still managed to shatter records! We recommend you add the drama’s official soundtrack to your Spotify playlist to help you cope with your CLOY withdrawal.

There are tons of memorable quotes you’ll find totally relatable

Here are just two of our favorites:

Seri: There’s an Indian proverb that goes, “Sometimes the wrong train takes you to the right station.” It was like that for me, too. Throughout my life, I always felt like I was on the wrong train. One time, I wanted to give up. I didn’t want to go anywhere. So I thought about jumping off the train. Look where I am now. I took the wrong train again, and a very wrong one at that. It even got me across the 38th parallel. Still, you should think about the future, even if things don’t always go as you wish. I wish you could stay happy even after I leave, Jyeong-Hyeok. I want you to arrive at the right station, no matter what train you take.

Seung-jun: You shouldn’t yearn for your first love for too long. It’s not good to drag on with anything. Whether it be people or love…You should end it if you see its end. You’re waiting for someone. But even you think you’re pathetic. Then that’s not love. It’s an obsession. The love you once had has changed and is now rotting. You should throw it away.

The CLOY finale beat the finale rating of the K-Drama mega hit Goblin.

The Crash Landing On You finale has the highest finale rating for a TvN drama, surpassing the record set by Gong Yoo’s global K-Drama hit Goblin a few years back. Tying up loose ends and finding a satisfying resolution for our star-crossed, border-crossing lovers, the ending’s got everything fans wanted to see. (Although we were secretly hoping for a RiRi twins appearance.) – Rappler.com

By: Maggie Adan is a storyteller at heart. She is a freelance editor, writer, and content creator. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2

[HanCinema's News] "Crash Landing on You" Leads for Fifth Straight Week Atop the Good Data Report

By William Schwartz on 2020/02/19 at 18:49 PST

In its final week of broadcasting "Crash Landing on You" was once again triumphant in regards to the Good Data Report, leading in all metrics for its fifth straight week. Lead actress Son Ye-jin and lead actor Hyun Bin also extended their reign atop the performer's chart to a commanding ten week presence.

"Crash Landing on You" also had the highest raw score of any drama ever featured in the report aside from "SKY Castle" in 2019.

"Itaewon Class" held second place in the report and, with nearly a fifty percent increase in its score total, seems poised to lead the Good Data Report in the absence of "Crash Landing on You". Lead actors Kim Da-mi and Park Seo-joon held the third and fourth place in performer spots. "Stove League" held a smaller increase, but maintained its overall position in third place with lead actor Namgoong Min ranking fifth for performers.

The data for this iteration of the Good Data Report was collected between February tenth and sixteenth. It measured Internet searches, blog posts, and social media, among other metrics, as they pertained to the currently airing twenty-four primetime dramas and their performers.

Written by William Schwartz

Spoiler

photo1155694.jpg

• Like 5

WOW! The articles and write-ups about CLOY from different parts of the world is coming out Fast and Furious!! So happy for CLOY's international success, on top of it's record-breaking ratings in SK! The team must be glowing and so proud of their achievements!

It's also really great to see interviews with all the different actors and actresses playing the supporting characters, from the F4 ducklings to the insurance man. I hope the ahjummas will also start giving interviews. And most importantly, the Writer and Director!!

I noted that a number of the actors are actually involved in musicals and plays too, like the insurance guy (saw it in the interview posted today) and also the actors play Pyo Chi Soo and Eun-Dong (the maknae duckling) - I read that in an article somewhere....

The casting team should deserve a BIG BOW for casting the perfect actor/ actress for each character, from the main leads, 2nd leads, supporting roles and even all the smaller side roles. APPLAUSE!

• Like 5
  • Love 2

I don't know if it's been share here or not, but the video is so great highlighting the hilarious RJH squad:joy:

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Just wanted to share with everyone some Chinese news articles on CLOY which I got from the newspapers my mum buys every evening. The same newspaper LianHe WanBao posted on CLOY consecutively for 3 days!! :heart:

20200221-012602.jpg

20200221-011632.jpg

20200221-012019.jpg

Some online articles from Straits Times and LianHe ZaoBao as well! I am really happy and ecstatic to see how everyone loves CLOY. It's not only just ladies, even guys enjoyed the drama and have all sorts of good comments and reviews about it!

https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/cross-border-love-story-crash-landing-on-you-crashes-south-korea-tv-ratings

https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/what-singapore-fans-say-about-k-drama-crash-landing-on-you-and-7-things-to

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/wencui/entertainment/story20200218-1029993?cx_testId=45&cx_testVariant=cx_1&cx_artPos=1#cxrecs_s

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

It feels so nice to witness the love and support that CLOY is getting worldwide.Few weeks back when the drama was still airing ,I started searching news related to it .I would read many articles and comments according to the timeline starting from the confirmation news.Although I have read before that HB and SYJ were going to star in a drama together , didn't pay much attention as the synopsis didn't attract me.Plus I was not much familiar with the actors having watched only one of their previous works each.Then happened to stumble across CLOY in mid December as I had nothing to watch .I started with zero expectation thinking it to be some cheesy rom-com and now do I need to say ..THIS IS THE BEST DRAMA OF MY LIFE.So as to atone for my earlier ignorance i started reading articles during the hiatus and weekdays.And what I found shocked me:scream:..There were so many negative comments even before the teasers were released.And this amount doubled after Netflix released the trailers.People were asking to boycott this show and were guaranteeing that it would be a flop.One comment really made my eyes roll back with anger.It said that both the actors got the script way back and pretended that they wished to work together in future during Nego promos so that it could look like a coincidence and fate.Plus the rumours and all dating pics  were just a media play to garner audience by arising curiosity.It went on saying that as the script is absurd with no substance  they were banking on their leads' rumours to make it a success:triumph: ..They were backing it to fail just like some other big budget dramas which fell short of expectations in terms of ratings.When the first episode came out still people were badmouthing SYJ that she has done overacting and should have sticked to melo genre as comedy is not her cup of tea.And" JJH would have been a better choice".I accept that JJH is a good actress and can do comedy really well but it is my opinion that SYJ is much versatile.She perfectly managed to do both the comedic part and the emotional part in CLOY.Whereas I wouldn't have been able to connect to JJH as Yoon Seri in the emotional scenes.

While reading all these I kind of felt thankful that CLOY was doing so fine(it was still airing when i was reading those comments).I couldn't stop grinning thinking that all those haters who used to spew poison from their mouth must be desperately waiting for the weekend just like me:joy:. It is what you call "In your face".And I said to myself, this is just a snippet ,just wait few more weeks and you haters will burn with rage when  it breaks all the records and creates miracle.And that eventually happened in the last episode.I m so happy now that I can't control my emotions.:bawling:. I wish its popularity reaches every corner of the world..:kiss_wink:

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2