• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
0ly40

[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

TvN keeps posting clips and photos of CLOY on IG.How am I supposed to move on now..... My post drama depression is only getting worse... I don't even know how many times I have re watched CLOY from ep 1 - 16

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

32 minutes ago, TotoroSY said:

Yes, I believe that NK defectors are able to contact their relatives in NK now due to advance in technology - but it's still not that easy. Also saw video/article which says that NK families with defectors are actually held at high esteem nowadays! The defectors found ways to support their family back in NK, and also provide information of the outside world.

Check out this twitter which has a lot of insightful articles and videos about NK and NK defectors.

https://twitter.com/LibertyinNK

This video I found in the site about NK Millennials or The JANGMADANG GENERATION is super interesting & talks about how the young people are rising up and rebelling against the Kim regime via commerce and economic empowerment of The Jangmadang (the illegal market). It gives hope that the NK people will one day overcome the regime government and achieve liberty from tyranny. 

https://www.nkmillennials.com/

OMG really, they are changing fast!!!! Thank you so much for the links I’ll go read them. 

My friends even think of taking a group tour to NK after CLoY lol. I think I am not that daring yet but it would be a lifetime one and only valuable experience if we can visit NK one day.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Katelyn Lana said:

TvN keeps posting clips and photos of CLOY on IG.How am I supposed to move on now..... My post drama depression is only getting worse... I don't even know how many times I have re watched CLOY from ep 1 - 16

Same same :(, that’s why I keep coming back to this thread and participating in the discussion. That’s the way to overcome this post-separation 6-month recovery period lol. Hugsssss.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

17 minutes ago, Katelyn Lana said:

you're not alone, i'm rewatching some epis now & can't get enough of them! LOLs what have they done to us? hahaha:P this drama became a part of our living room now & it's not easy to let go! :) I wished i live in Korea so i can do some stalking on both SR & JH lols!!!:sweatingbullets:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Phoenix88 said:

Anybody here writes fanfiction on wattpad? Let me know I am eager to read the continuation of Ri Jeong Hyeok and Yoon Se Ri's love story in Switzerland their daily lives and also their growing family with the twins:love:

YASS...fanfiction writers... I need you guys...used to be one Grey's Anatomy writer and at one point I got 35k view (yes) but my ship went down and I lost interest in fanfiction....but now I need it to feel complete about our RJH-YSR couple.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

1 minute ago, L A said:

YASS...fanfiction writers... I need you guys...used to be one Grey's Anatomy writer and at one point I got 35k view (yes) but my ship went down and I lost interest in fanfiction....but now I need it to feel complete about our RJH-YSR couple.

Please consider to restart with CLOY then ;) we can’t wait to read your CLOY fan fic!!!

• Like 3

@Phoenix88 @Dramanoona 

I have written a few fanfics for dramas from my own country, but have never encountered one for K-drama, so not sure if that's a common thing...

That said I have been itching to change a few things, given that i feel our OTP didn't get enough screen time and the fact that some holes in the narrative are too big for my small heart that loves JH and SR to bits... :) (No offense to writer-nim - CLOY will always be that drama that came close to perfection and I certainly wanted her to dot the Is and cross the Ts, which I'm unable to let go of. Fanfic is my way of resolving it for my troubled heart.)

I can DM you the link, if you can live with a less perfect one - I won't be able to spare time for extensive edits. 

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Interesting stats

[HanCinema's News] Rebroadcast of Already Aired "Crash Landing on You" Finale Hits 3% Ratings

miniminiphoto961625.jpg By William Schwartz on 2020/02/18 at 19:05 PST

photo1155423.jpg

According to TNMS, the February 9th broadcast of "Crash Landing on You" had reached over 21 million viewers in the period from February 9th to February 14th. This statistic included the original broadcast, the rebroadcast, TV Video On Demand services, and Internet broadcasts.

Source: https://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-news-rebroadcast-of-already-aired-crash-landing-on-you-finale-hits-3percent-ratings-138825-amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

• Like 5

On 2/17/2020 at 1:28 AM, alittlemei said:

Was there any mention of Seri’s family background or parents? She’s adopted right? 

and was there more mention about GSJ dad and how Seri family stole the company?

I have so many questions but I don’t see this closure. Did I miss it?

I was wondering this too! I know that the mother was not Seri’s real mother. She left her by the beach remember? I don’t think GSJ ever got revenge. I think he just told Seo Dan what happened. 

I’m back reading! I’m sorry for all the notifications! And I haven’t seen the ending yet! I’m still waiting to share my thoughts on it! Please wait for me!

• Like 2

My inspiration! My bookshelf and my husband's name haha. Love this drama so much!!!

Edited by babysiew
insert image
  • Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Awesome 3

The bts clips (on YouTube with english subs) are so much fun to watch! Supposedly HB is an introvert doesn't say much but he's pretty playful in the bts...maybe she brings it out in him? The scene of ring swap is hilarious he's so nervous keeps getting rings and fingers mixed up...you can tell he's never proposed lol. Then after they swap rings he jokingly says "let's be happy and pulls her towards the bed" funny to see that after the PG kiss scenes. Hospital bts also very funny. They're very comfortable yet at same time sometimes seems nervous like 2 people who are really into each other in early stage would be. Then the scene when he finds her in SK and they're hugging in the snow and snow keeps getting in her eyes they get so tickled. It appears to be beyond set humor...when you watch them in the bts it's almost like they are all alone and forget other people are even around

Edited by Dana T
  • Like 7
  • LOL 1

25 minutes ago, 2handsintertwined said:

I was wondering this too! I know that the mother was not Seri’s real mother. She left her by the beach remember? I don’t think GSJ ever got revenge. I think he just told Seo Dan what happened. 

I’m back reading! I’m sorry for all the notifications! And I haven’t seen the ending yet! I’m still waiting to share my thoughts on it! Please wait for me!

Seri is not adopted. She is her father's daughter with another woman. So the mother is her 'step mom'. That is why she doesn't favor Seri at first when her husband brought back a less than 1 month old baby Seri. 

Yup GSJ never get his full revenge. He try to used Seri but Seri is smart enough and cancel the marriage arrangement. Because of this too, he conned the second brother and took all the money (this is somehow his revenge). but because of this too, he needs to hide and that how he was staying in NK. 

I am having a major withdrawal. i haven't experienced this before. I cannot continue watch any drama. I keep watching on CLOY clips on IG eventhough it is the same clips from hundreds different account. Gosh, what have they done to me. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

37 minutes ago, Momo_07 said:

@Phoenix88 @Dramanoona 

I have written a few fanfics for dramas from my own country, but have never encountered one for K-drama, so not sure if that's a common thing...

That said I have been itching to change a few things, given that i feel our OTP didn't get enough screen time and the fact that some holes in the narrative are too big for my small heart that loves JH and SR to bits... :) (No offense to writer-nim - CLOY will always be that drama that came close to perfection and I certainly wanted her to dot the Is and cross the Ts, which I'm unable to let go of. Fanfic is my way of resolving it for my troubled heart.)

I can DM you the link, if you can live with a less perfect one - I won't be able to spare time for extensive edits. 

Yes please DM me the link. I needed some closure to ease my heart of what might have been :kiss_wink:

• Like 3

I think am not the only one here who noticed that our OTP didn't have more screen time in the last epi! I assume the writer wanted to showcase the other characters but with all due respect (to her) the ending would've been a lot greater if OTP got more airtime! :) I felt like their intimate moments shld've been more emphasized since i think ep 15 SR was mostly in the hospital & JH and F5 were incarcerated!

Oh Han-kyul and the Cast of "Crash Landing on You" Take Selfies

photo1155088.jpg

Child actor Oh Han-kyul revealed the "Crash Landing on You" after-party.

Oh Han-kyul posted pictures of himself with the cast of the tvN weekend drama "Crash Landing on You".

The actor added, "It was an honor to work with uncle Hyun Bin, such a caring, gentle and cool guy. Se-ri is pretty even with a red face. I will never forget the first moment of working with her".

For the selfie of himself and Kim Young-min, who played his father, Oh Han-kyul posted, "Woo-pil's daddy. He gave me so much love and I want to be like him. Please be a reflection of my path as an actor. It was an honor and thank you".

Oh Han-kyul played Woo-pil, Jeong Man-bok (Kim Young-min) and Hyeon Myeong-soon's (Jang So-yeon) son.

Meanwhile, "Crash Landing on You" had a the drama-ending party on the 16th in Seoul. On the final episode of "Crash Landing on You", Ri Jeong-hyeok (Hyun Bin) and Yoon Se-ri (Son Ye-jin) reunited after a long time of longing and remembering each other. In addition to breaking its own highest viewership, it also topped the tvN drama ratings history.

Spoiler

photo1155089.jpg

[HanCinema's News] "Crash Landing on You" Exceeds "Goblin" as tvN's Most Popular All-time Drama

According to Nielsen Korea "Crash Landing on You" closed out its sixteen episode run with ratings of 21.683%. This comfortably beats the previous record set by the 2016 drama "Goblin", which had ratings of 20.5% in its final episode.

"Crash Landing on You" detailed the story of a South Korean heiress who accidentally paraglides over the Demilitarized Zone, and again meets a North Korea man who she had known when they were both in Switzerland. The drama was easily pitched, as Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin were attached as the major stars. The two of them had long been dogged by rumors of romantic involvement when they were spotted together in public socially following their co-starring in the 2018 film "The Negotiation".

"Crash Landing on You" itself did not necessarily have such high expectations, as it started near the end of an overall weak year for tvN. While creenwriter Park Ji-eun was behind similarly big hits between major stars such as "My Love from the Star" and "Legend from the Blue Sea", director Lee Jeong-hyo had a much more ambiguous record. He made the more modestly performing "Romance is a Bonus Book" last year, with his other projects being a broad array of similar performing genre pieces.

The drama gained viral attention thanks to a distinct, sympathetic take of its North Korean characters that exposited them more as individuals than subjects of the North Korean regime. Many of the drama's minor performers, such as Lee Shin-young, have experienced a strong surge in popularity thanks to their appearance in "Crash Landing on You" and the drama is expected to have a positive boost on all of their careers.

Written by William Schwartz

• Like 4
  • Love 2

First post of a long-time lurker:

CLOY is definitely one of the best kdramas of all time. Every aspect is brilliantly amazing. Been a kdrama fan since Goong days and been watching a lot of kdramas since then  and I must say this is the most complete drama I've ever watched. Complete in the sense of perfect casting (especially the leads), story, cinematography, musical score, so on & so forth...

Hands down to Son Ye Jin. I watched her before in her notable movies in The Classic & A Moment to Remember, but it is in this drama that I became an ultimate fan of her acting prowess. Wow just wow. She carried the drama for me. Hyun Bin was also great. Really he was. But I believe when the audience (for e.g. Me) sympathizes to a character that's when the actor really displayed great acting skills. I feel Seri. I felt her character.

Hyun Bin complemented Son Ye Jin very well. Two great actors who exudes so great chemistry...booom!!! I watched their movie "The Negotiation" last 2018 and to be honest I didnt even realize that Hyun Bin was the antagonist there. Only did I know when I googled Hyun Bin's past works when CLOY was about to start. Don't get me wrong, I know Hyun Bin. He was very popular in Secret Garden. Then was mentioned in 2d1n season 3(which I am a very big fan of). I am sharing this because he really was one convincing villain there then in CLOY a totally different personality. Brilliant actors who brought Seri and Captain Ri characters to life. Then their chemistry? What can I say. The type of leads' chemistry where you hope they date and get married in real life. That's how good it was.

The second leads did not disappoint. Usually kdramas tend to have amazing main leads then subpar second leads or the other way around. But this drama provided 2 couples you see yourself rooting for. It was a tragic ending for SJ's character but I believe the writer wanted to showcase different scenarios of love: one, which no border or territory can limit the love they have for each other (i.e. Seri & Captain Ri); two, love that transcends time & presence of one another because their love continues to linger on even though they can no longer be together ( in the case of SD & SJ).

And the humor and heartwarming scenes from the squad of ducklings and ahjummas . Perfect timing and lines thrown to make the episodes even more enriching and complete.

I must admit there were scenes that I thought can be deleted (fillers). But overall it was great watch for me.

Crash Landing On You fighting!!!! 

• Like 10
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, AquariusMY said:

In the real life, what happens if a north Korean chooses to defect to the South? He loses contact with everyone back home? I really wonder if it was wise for the 5 of them to choose to go back. I understand the drama needs to be diplomatically correct but in reality, what should you think their choices are?

They would lose contact completely. There are ways to still contact them and sens money through Chinese connections, but it isn't easy... I met some defectors whose reason to defect is to earn money to be sent back home (most of them defected for such reasons).. However I didn't ask them how do they do that haha... 

That's for ordinary person. 

If you're a spy or government officer or a soldier, then you defect alone.. High chance for your family and relatives to be executed back home. I happened for real with an ex-spy.. That's why I rolled my eyes to fan-theories about RJH being gov officer and/or spy, so he can meet SR overseas and date... lol... Even the ending they gave us left some question for me... It's almost impossible for RJH to go around meeting SR while he's under official permission to travel. They might be able to do so for a few years... After that? He had to defect, perhaps with his family. But the show have never showed or answered such questions. 

The ducklings' choices are correct for them. Remember that they have families back home? They're soldiers as well... Though NIS might protect them in SK, but who'll protect their families back home? "then they should defect as well"...they'd be executed before they can utter the word 'd' from 'detection'. Even the ducklings and RJH were almost executed right? They're supposed to go trial (mock trial, NK style) to take responsibility of them going South without permission. But thanks to RJH's dad, they can be saved. 

1 hour ago, Hachiko said:

OMG really, they are changing fast!!!! Thank you so much for the links I’ll go read them. 

My friends even think of taking a group tour to NK after CLoY lol. I think I am not that daring yet but it would be a lifetime one and only valuable experience if we can visit NK one day.

I plan to go before I graduate... It's not far from SK (though I have to go through China first). I want to take train route from China to Pyeongyang ehe. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, Phoenix88 said:

Yes please DM me the link. I needed some closure to ease my heart of what might have been :kiss_wink:

@Momo_07 please DM me the link too if it's in English!

• Like 2

Rewatching CLOY because I binge-watched all 16 episodes in 3 days, and after that beautiful ending, I felt like I needed to rewatch from the beginning, slowly, to really enjoy it.

**SPOILER BELOW IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED EP16**

When GSJ was killed, I wondered if the writer did it because there wasn't enough time to tie up his story. Some found it detestable that the writer killed off his character just to evoke emotions in the viewers.

But now as I am on episode 4 (again), I thought that perhaps, very possibly, the writer has planned GSJ's death in advance.
In episode 4, GSJ was out in the fields and he said that he was "into clay shooting" when he was in SK.

In epi 16, when he had a showdown with the shooters, he highlighted once more to Dan that he is skilled in clay shooting. Which makes me believe that what he said in epi 4 was to pave the way for the last epi when he will be killed off.

One thing I really like about this show is how the writer relates to us viewers through Ju-Meok. Ju-Meok flaunts his SK-drama knowledge and is proud to quote the cliches in K-Drama story lines (e.g. Protagonists kiss to avoid crisis, 'this' is where the protagonists usually dies etc.)

As a writer who is self aware of the usual cliches, it doesn't make sense that she will kill off GSJ at the last minute and follow the cliche path. But rather, his death was already pre-planned in advance.

Do I think his death was necessary to tie up the plot of evil second brother and his wife? No.
I believe that even without his death, even if it did not lead to Dan executing revenge on evil second brother and wife, they can still be jailed.

I'd like the ending where just like Ri-ri, Dan and GSJ reunite in another country, or that GSJ will come back a new man and marry Dan.

So there must be a reason why writer planned to kill off GSJ. Although I cannot fathom her intentions, but as a viewer who tried to reflect deeper on Dan and GSJ's relationship, my conclusion is this:

GSJ's death was needed for both him and Dan to know how much they are valued.

The scene where the GSJ cried when the orphan sang "Who will mourn for me when I die?" really cuts deep into my heart.
But as he was in his final moments, he realised that one person would mourn for him, and that was Dan (I bawled like mad here). It was at that moment where the labels "thief/conman/swindler" that were tagged on him previously were removed.

At that moment, he felt like a valued human, and in his final breaths, died as a hero.
As for Dan, it was also at the moment when GSJ sacrificed himself for her, that she also realises her own value.

I do wish that there was more backstory as to why Dan is so cool/cold. But the impression that this character gave me is that she has trust, and insecurity issues.

Even if she and GSJ ends up together, her self-doubt/trust/insecurity issues will keep her from fully trusting in GSJ, especially since she was 'betrayed' by RJH.

But when Dan realised her worth when someone was willing to sacrifice his life for her, it was also the moment where Dan put aside her insecurity and self-doubt.

I really like how the camera panned on Dan slightly smiling at the end when she was solo-travelling 3 years later.

But does GSJ REALLY have to die?!?!
Again, no. Writer could revive him just as how Seri woke up despite having flat-lined.

However earlier on, another poster mentioned something interesting -- was that in that scene, parallels about medical facilities available in both countries were highlighted.

NK paramedic didn't even try to revive GSJ, whereas SK did everything they could do revive Seri.
It beautifully illustrates the current situation in NK as well --- that lives are not as valued under that regime.
If GSJ has been in SK when he was shot, I'd like to think he had a chance of surviving (after all Seri was also shot in her gut).

So as much as GSJ's death was unexpected for us, it was a beautiful ending in its own way for his and Dan's relationship and realisation of self-worth, which begets the question for us viewers: How much do we know that we're valued?

Also, just want to highlight @strongtower's beautiful take on the 2 couples which I whole-heartedly agree with --the lessons to be learnt from them.

Really shows that writer didn't do it spontaneously due to lack of time, but is an artist in her own way.

24 minutes ago, strongtower said:

The second leads did not disappoint. Usually kdramas tend to have amazing main leads then subpar second leads or the other way around. But this drama provided 2 couples you see yourself rooting for. It was a tragic ending for SJ's character but I believe the writer wanted to showcase different scenarios of love: one, which no border or territory can limit the love they have for each other (i.e. Seri & Captain Ri); two, love that transcends time & presence of one another because their love continues to linger on even though they can no longer be together ( in the case of SD & SJ).

Edited by Esteraela
  • Like 9
  • Insightful 2