Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

4 hours ago, blue_fleurs said:

Thoughts? You didn’t want a time jump and wouldn’t accept anything less than a wedding haha!

To be honest, I haven’t watched the full episode. Only here and there :D

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

I can’t believe it’s really over! :tears: 

That final goodbye was heartbreaking. I especially felt for SR because although her life seems lavish, she was always lonely and her family didn’t exactly make it easy for her to trust others until JH and the ducklings appeared in her life so she must have been terrified for them to leave. She always told JH she would be fine when he left so it was extra sad watching her cry and ask him to stay with her. So heartbreaking.

I’m so glad we got a happy ending but I do wish SR and JH reunited earlier on so we could have gotten more happy scenes between the two. I have to admit that I am a little sad and disappointed that we literally only got like two scenes at the end with our main couple especially given JH and the ducklings returned to NK at the start of the episode.. I think SR and JH did need to have some time apart after all the SK/NK chaos though because it made sense logically to reunite once everything died down but I just didn’t expect them to be apart for basically the entire last episode.. I won’t complain too much though coz it was better than an open ending! And it was nice seeing that everyday for them both was just another day to remember each other. JH was sweet as always for leaving those adorable text messages and the plant for her.

The ending was pretty much what many of us had predicted and it made sense for them to reunite in Switzerland. It was great seeing our sweet lead couple living together in a lovely house in Switzerland just enjoying the scenery, peacefulness and serenity after everything they’d been through. And my goodness, HB has always been crazy handsome but him on the mountain in the last scene was just a whole new level of handsome :wub::wub:

JH’s dad was awesome as usual. I love that he doesn’t really care about the implications when it comes to his son. JH’s mum also broke my heart when he came back home. I was so eager for a happy ending for SR and JH that I almost forgot that he needs to see his mum first. You can see his parents would support him entirely and would prefer his happiness over anything.

I am so happy that our ducklings and MB all had a safe happy ending too. I wonder if any of our ducklings will ever defect to SK cos they did enjoy their time there and it was bittersweet watching them reminisce. I love that CPS is now a pro with SK slang and JM was jealous that he isn’t the SK pro anymore :joy: I’ll miss the ducklings just as much as I’ll miss JH and SR.

How awesome was it that SR named her new products after the ahjummas. It’s so lovely how they all remember their friendship so fondly. I hope she also releases more things in future based on our ducklings too! 

I can’t believe SJ passed away.. I wasn’t expecting that to actually happen. It was really sad and I was expecting some type of miracle like maybe he faked his death and disappeared for a while or something. I do like that SD is just happy, content and proud to be a strong independent single woman though. She doesn’t need a man to define her and I have so much respect for that. Her and her mums bond is absolutely lovely too! 

I think the NIS situation was handled appropriately because both sides would have wanted the situation to be kept confidential and out of the public eye and a swap of prisoners would be an appropriate method for resolving these types of situations I would think. The NIS agents were a fun addition to this drama and their scenes were very entertaining too.

Anyways sorry for my long post lol lots of thoughts but I did watch the last episode at 1:30am so I’ll need to rewatch tonight to see if there’s anything I missed or misunderstood. Overall, an awesome drama which I would highly recommend to all. Will be going on my fav drama list for sure.

• Like 8
  • Love 10

Where do I even begin :( 

Pleased with the ending, of course (but truthfully we always want more, don’t we! But it makes us content enough!) It’s so bittersweet though. The drama is just a wonderful story but felt like HB and SYJ really elevated it and made the story came to life so beautifully. HB really got it right, in almost all the interviews he said the best 3 things about the show are 1. The director/writer collab 2. RJH and YSR chemistry 3. Amazing supporting cast. We can really echo these reasons. They really made us care about the supporting cast as well. 

Onto the episode....

1. RJH’s dad was just fantastic. I love that throughout the whole series, the only time that you really saw him quite flustered was seeing his son smitten with YSR lolz. Other than that, he was like cool as cucumber even when being threatened and what not. And he just knew the moment when to take matters into his own hands, so gangsta. There were small moments between him and RJH that were quite dear but a heart to heart especially about their loss of the older son/brother could have been beautiful. Speaking of dads though, is it just me or YSR’s dad came across as quite underwhelming in this series? Not that he was bad but just thought he’d have more of a role. 
2. Good to see how encouraging YSR’s mom was, really nice to see. 
3. It was so sweet how YSR paid tribute to the ahjummas, they were really touched. 
4. The ducklings and Man Bok are such special bonus of this show, their dynamics with RJH and YSR are just perfect. 

5. OK now the couple..... what else could be said about this pairing of the year, decade possibly, sigh, they really set the standards very high for future dramas. Anyway, that goodbye scene was their best one throughout the series (since they had a few!) It was like a journey from their first goodbye where there was understandably still some restraint to that point where they just poured everything out and just felt how much they had gone through since then. I loved how SR’s voice broke when she was running to him like dude is this even fiction? 

Ok, honestly, does a man like RJH really exist? Lol. It was too thoughtful that he sent her those messages for a year. It was like a coping mechanism for SR but still kept her hopeful about their future. Love! 

Their reunion scene - it was already so majestic and then we were graced by the sizzling presence of them two. They are so special, I just am running out of words. The frustration that they did not kiss at the bridge in the previous episodes subsided due to how close to perfect this scene was. I understand though that this was pre-filmed so it may feel slightly dissatisfying, almost like it would have been more satisfying to know that they filmed the ending after that culmination of angst and separation... BUT thankfully HB and SYJ seem to have this magic that still made us feel what we were supposed to feel, so it definitely still works. Oh and they love holding hands under the table, its so adorable. 

And finally that ending scene, was kind of icing on the cake but not gonna lie when the camera panned to RJH, i thought they were gonna show him running around with their twins lol. Oh wells. But it was still beautiful, again, how she seemed to fit right in his arms is quite breathtaking and the beauty of the scenery was just perfect again.

Obviously theres more that could be said but this is too long now! Thank you to everyone involved for sharing this work with us, what’s beautiful about this story to me is that aside from the politics and history of NK/SK, it sheds light on the effect on the people. Showing the human element has been the focus in this drama and I appreciate that, sometimes we forget in the midst of the politics.

Also soooo happy HB got his 22%!! So deserving. So ummm is it even a contest - HB and YSJ are obviously a shoe in for the best couple awards right? Otherwise would be pretty criminal me thinks. 

• Like 10
  • Love 9
  • Awesome 1

You ever notice that sometimes when you re-watch an episode of your favorite drama, you catch little things that you missed the first time through? Little details that when finally noticed add a bit of charm or endearment to a scene?  Its normally something I truly enjoy, as I don't normally re-watch that many dramas, so finding these little details can be like finding diamonds.

Today for the first time, I experienced the emotional flip side to that experience. While re-watching Ep 16 I caught a detail that drove a painful part of the drama even deeper, that I had missed the first time through.

During Seo Dans last scene with her Mom and Uncle, where they're discussing trendy lifestyles/ leaving for rehearsal, I saw something I didn't notice before, I wasn't even sure til I paused it and went frame by frame to be sure it wasn't my imagination or bad eyesight (eyes have been leaking for some reason recently) ... 3 years after SJ saved her life ..... she's still wearing the ring.  :bawling::bawling::bawling:

• Like 8
  • Sad 8
  • Love 4

3 hours ago, L A said:

Guys now that the drama is offically over, I would love to have some contemplation moments with you:

1. What is the most hilarious scene of our leads that you love?

2. What is the most romantic/beautiful scene of our leads?

3. What is the saddest scene of our leads that broke your heart so badly? 
4. What is the hottest scene from our leads ( if there’s any :joy:)?
5.What is your favorite line from our leads?

6. What is your favorite song?

7. What is the most hilarious scene from supporting casts?

8. What is the most touching scene from supporting casts?

9.  What detail gives you the most satisfaction?

10. What you wish you could have changed if you were the writer?

please share with me! I’d love to hear.

1. The way seri told jeong hyeok to pat her hair to make ajjuhma in village jealous

2. All of them talking and of course this scene

1581893246-silvermassiveafricangroundhor

3. many of them,the birthday suprise and last of course this

4. When they open refrigator together ,there sexual tension there ....

5. Eps 9 :
Ri Jeong Hyeok: You can date men,and hang out with other people as if nothing happened,but dont be lonely again,dont ever think about dissapear again,You Have me.

Yoon Se Ri : You wont be by my side

Ri Jeong Hyeok : I wont be by your side but i always hope,that you wont be lonely,be happy until the end of your life, i would gratefull if you do that (damn park ji eun,who hurt you until you can came with this script :( )

6. Baek Ye Rin,Crush,Yoon Mi Rae.

7. The seo dan mom and uncle,always hillarious and also the f4 comrades

8. The ri jeong hyeok comrades when meeting seri again in korea.

9. How north korea build,the way they speak and life in there,its amazed me.

10. nope, nothing changed,it just perfect.

• Like 10
  • Love 2

I hope we will get more BTS and special after the finale! And also interviews with the writer, director and also the leads. Really wanna hear more from the writer about the story and ending and all the inspirations and any hidden messages that we have missed.

One thot came to mind about that scene at the NK-SK border - the NIS was like the PROTECTOR of the OTP love! When JH freed himself from the NK soldiers and ran over to SR, the NIS men were almost like guarding the couple, not allowing the NK soldiers to harm them in anyway. Sigh, guess the NIS are really Binjin shippers too.

• Like 9
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

The border goodbye scene, is one the best I've seen in my life, I can almost feel what she feels, not sure if anything can compete with this....

• Like 9
  • Love 3

Withdrawal Symptom is REAL!!

Last night, after finished the last episode, I have a dream.

In my dream, I am already on monday morning, wake up and see my phone right away to open instagram, then my inner thought: NOT YET CLOY PREVIEW FOR NEXT WEEK? :sweat_smile:

Then, i realized the drama is ended already.

Oh my, it was just few hours after the last episode, but i already have hallucination that we will watch CLOY again next week! :bawling:

• Like 4
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

Ok this is a satisfactory finale I guess lol.

LOVE how they handled the evil second brother + wife. Got caught red-handed so many times but they were truly disgusting how they always thought they had a Plan B.

Also it’s funny since towards the end, the oldest brother is still included in the family but has to do everything Seri tells him to do. They weren’t evil just stupid and kinda funny.

We all got it wrong when we thought SD’s uncle was bad but I guess the writer threw us a curveball there leading us to a wrong path lol. Glad he wasn’t since I liked his character.

I saw someone mention that everyone feels awful for SD but she got to experience true love in that she had a person willingly die for her and make her feel special that JH didn’t. And the weird fortune teller lady said while she won’t ever marry she will be insanely successful which I think is not a bad outcome either but instead her mom wanted a man and ordered a one-month expedited love news for herself lol while her brother looked so done with her.

So it looks like the OTP both moved permanently (assuming by the decorated house and their pictures all over it) to Swiss which is nice but kinda kicks a secondary theme of appreciating family/friends near you like Seri’s assistants and her mom or JH’s ducklings and parents etc. But I guess they made it so that they can visit every so often. But at least wasn’t vaguer than it could have been.

Also looks like MB’s new job in Pyongyang is recording and listening outdoors instead of indoors lol. Apparently JH hired him to do that? I’m so happy MB was able to redeem himself and he was even willing to get in front of the gun to protect JH since he wanted to repay for what he was forced to do to his brother. Still glad JH saw past it and knew deep down he was a good man. 

It was a pleasure to laugh, cry, and predict all sorts of weird moments in the drama with you guys! Hope to see you guys in the next big one!

• Like 11
  • Insightful 1

9 minutes ago, superspace said:

Withdrawal Symptom is REAL!!

Last night, after finished the last episode, I have a dream.

In my dream, I am already on monday morning, wake up and see my phone right away to open instagram, then my inner thought: NOT YET CLOY PREVIEW FOR NEXT WEEK? :sweat_smile:

Then, i realized the drama is ended already.

Oh my, it was just few hours after the last episode, but i already have hallucination that we will watch CLOY again next week! :bawling:

Tell me about it! The episodes air at 1am in Australia so I went to sleep early so I could wake up early to watch but I ended up dreaming about CLOY and woke up at 1:30am to watch instead :joy: now I’m dying at work haha the addiction is real! I’m not ready for the withdrawal stage! 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

Beautiful ending, expected but still good.

My rating of CLOY

Episode 1-9 *****   Exotic locale, "titillating get to like you phase", simple plot-line(get Se-ri home), chemistry off the charts.

Episode 10-15 ***1/2  To many plot lines, not enough lead couple time..., chemistry wattage went down a bit.

Episode 16 ****** ( Redemption for ep10-15 )

p/s How on earth did Master Sarge ChiSoo get promoted to Captain? He is a non commissioned officer. That's a jump of 3-4 ranks to Captain, even over the "handsome" soldier who's a First-Lieutenant.

• Like 2

Finally watched the entire episode of the CLOY Finale with the parentals. I cried from start to finish. What a closure!

Thoughts: 

1) Daddy Ri is kickass! So glad he shot the military general, knowing that the man wasn’t innocent. 

2) Daddy Ri asking how Seri was and JH crying while his dad asked if he was crying. Ugh so emotional

3) Mama Yoon driving like Speed Racer in her Jag for Seri to get her to say her goodbyes to JH. Ugh! It was so moving when the mom told Seri that JH never left her side and waited for her to regain consciousness. The military demarcation line scene had me bowlin’. Seri always crying, panicking and blaming herself for what happened and JH just comforting her. So precious! And those I love you’s and him asking her to wait and pray - UGH! So emotional :bawling:

4) Dan & SJ: it was so sad to see the 2nd male lead go. But the writer chose wisely or else the fans might have protested if she killed the FL. 

5) NK Ajummas: Limited edition creams gifted to the gang. Such a sweet gesture from Seri. She never will forget them. 

6) Man Bok: So happy that JH found a better job description for him. I’d probably enjoy listening to sound too (ManBok, The sound guy). Btw, so great that he jumps to protect JH when the military decided to illegally execute them. Of course, JH the nimble man just picked him by the back collar & spun to protect him. Typical JH, the hero

7) The messages: how sweet! It’s almost like he was sending her those messages everyday from NK. There was so much emotion on how excited she gets whenever her phone “dings” 

8) Switzerland: Gosh! Where to begin with this ending?!?! The fact that the director and the rest of the team choose this ending, at least in my opinion, was well thought of. The best quality ending I’ve seen in years. In regards to RiRi, I think 2 weeks with the best person you can spend it with is soooo much more worth it rather than not seeing them again or worse - running from authorities all the time. Because realistically speaking, there is a war between their countries and the law needs to be followed.

9) But what I love the most is the cinematography! How they panned out to show the DOLOMITES! Even the chalet and lake - they were all so beautiful! I want to revisit Switzerland, not the UN offices in Geneva but the Alps and Dolomites.

10) The Ducklings: from the bus - they won’t be going back to SK, ever. But they’ll think of the place from time to time. And talking about Seoul dialect/lingo, internet, hot water, other amenities, etc. Them complaining about their lives without these amenities being a new hell had me in stitches. They didn’t have those issues before their visit to SK. But I guess capitalism does change your attitude to things you’ve never had and finally having it. It goes to show how capitalised countries take things for granted.

I’m going to miss this drama! I’ll probably rewatch it from the very beginning another time. It was great to be a part of this forum. I’ll be back reading and I’ll probably respond to a few and I’ll get back to my life. 

Stay addicted, y’all! 

• Like 13
  • Love 4

4 hours ago, L A said:

Guys now that the drama is offically over, I would love to have some contemplation moments with you:

1. What is the most hilarious scene of our leads that you love?

2. What is the most romantic/beautiful scene of our leads?

3. What is the saddest scene of our leads that broke your heart so badly? 
4. What is the hottest scene from our leads ( if there’s any :joy:)?
5.What is your favorite line from our leads?

6. What is your favorite song?

7. What is the most hilarious scene from supporting casts?

8. What is the most touching scene from supporting casts?

9.  What detail gives you the most satisfaction?

10. What you wish you could have changed if you were the writer?

please share with me! I’d love to hear.

1. That kiss in boat-to-boat when the Coast Guard caught them in ep 3.

2. Of course, the ending scene in Switzerland.

3. That cross-border scene is legendary for me. I've never seen that kind of emotional scene that broke my heart.

4. Must be the shopping scene, they are so hot together and individually.

5. Sometimes, The wrong train takes you the right station.

6. sigriswil, 10cm, Yoon mirae, crush, IU and sejeong, etc. ( This drama has the best OST for sure)

7. SD's mom and ajhummas meeting

8. SD's mom saying to SD, "your happiness is more important for Mommy".

9. The North Korean living styles and accents

10. Just wish the writer didn't kill GSJ off, SD deserves her own ending with GSJ.

• Like 3

The moment in the bus when the one duckling looked out the window at SK and said, We'll never come back here again, will we? And the other guy said, probably not, but we'll remember it from time to time. From that moment on, I was a sobbing ball of tears and snot, seriously. Seri rushing to the dividing line didn't help, lol. I was so glad that Man Bok (my hero, lol) was finally able to have a job that didn't force him to rat everyone out. I LOVED how Seri made the cosmetics line based on her village friends. She knew that stuff would make it over the border. :)  RJH's dad was the man in this one. Great performance from that actor! And of course our lovely OTP, with such wonderful chemistry and acting. Every detail, from the script to the directing to the acting to music to even the unseen people like the stylists--so well done. This one ranks among my very top dramas of all time. I enjoyed the storyline very much, but it made the leap off the screen, and I find myself thinking about all kinds of real life situations in an entirely new way. I appreciated the way it made us see North Korea not as a shadowy mystery, but as simply a place where real people live. The drama felt like a love letter to all of Korea, North and South, and a love letter to humans in general. I'm so glad I watched it. :heart:

• Like 7
  • Love 8

EQ8QKLRUUAERmGf?format=jpg&name=small

dunno the fan said they changed the endings,its seri apartment and the baby isnt young seri either. but the baby already have pic with seri dad and nis agent. who is this child ? maybe staff baby or special eps ?

• Like 9

Can u even imagine what it would be like to walk around with that face &BODY everyday knowing that you make people weak in the knees? I saw an interview where they asked him if it was hard for him to walk around with that face everyday & he said no with a smile. Not sure if it was arrogance or just being cheeky but I mean honestly what was he going to say....even he can't deny he's hot lol. Like we would know he was lying if he said otherwise. What's more amazing is that as I had posted early on in this thread I know some women (American) like myself that don't think asians...yes even HB are attractive:hushed: . 

I didn't either until I got sucked into the world of kdramas&my life has never been the same...or my taste in men lol. They have raised the bar to an impossible standard 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Only wanted to share a quick thought...

Didn’t you love the scene in the woods with the bad general (Just before RJH’s dad appeared),... MB was ready to protect RJH, then JH changed positions to protect him. But then his men were ready to protect RJH (they surrounded him and made like a wall with their bodies!) WOW... I was already crying and seeing them doing that... ahhh my heart!  

• Like 6
  • Love 10

19 minutes ago, ChunSungIm said:

dunno the fan said they changed the endings,its seri apartment and the baby isnt young seri either. but the baby already have pic with seri dad and nis agent. who is this child ? maybe staff baby or special eps ?

I think they changed it because it got leaked. Whoever uploaded those photos should’ve thought thoroughly. Gaining followers is not an ultimate goal! I really feel robbed.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, itspeanutbutterjellytime said:

Also soooo happy HB got his 22%!! So deserving. So ummm is it even a contest - HB and YSJ are obviously a shoe in for the best couple awards right? Otherwise would be pretty criminal me thinks. 

Is there really a best couple award? Omg what awards show is this? 

• Like 2