[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

2 hours ago, ChunSungIm said:

I Think they watched the finale together,but not in the restaurant.

look at son ye jin and beside her is hyun bin

I love the loud cheers from everyone at the final scene, when SR turned her head towards JH and he leaned down and kissed her....sigh, such beautiful scene!

Where's the viewing party video showing HB and SYJ hugging??!!

The ending sort of reminded me of Nottinghill's ending (Hugh Grant & Julia Roberts), where Hugh Grant was reading as he sat on a bench in a park, and the camera panned out to show Julia Roberts lying down on his lap, and holding her pregnant tummy. One of the best romantic ending ever. So if there's one thing I'd like to re-imagine for CLOY RiRi couple, is that SR is pregnant in that scene lol!!

One more shout out - to ALL the moms in CLOY! The writer has given us some awesome moms in this drama, who are strong women, and fight for their kids and family's happiness. From SD's mom, to JH's mom and finally SR's mom who reconciled with SR. 

And also all the lovely strong women characters in CLOY - starting with SR, then SD, all teh ahjummas and all the moms!!

Thank you Writer-Nim! You deserve an award for this drama!!

P.S. One last thing - I am so glad all the daddies turned around too, from JH's dad who rescued him and killed the fat general, to SR's dad who finally cast away his evil 2nd son/ wife and supported SR.

• Like 12
  • Love 6

Before reading any comments and looking at everyone's reaction, I'll write down my thoughts.

Wow. This is so bittersweet, so touching, I cried basically the whole episode. I don't know why I just fell in love with CLOY, and I am so grateful for this experience to everyone who worked on its creation! I am especially grateful to the writer, who made this story possible, to the actors, who made these characters so lovable that I cared deeply about every single one of them. I haven't watched anything so intensely like i did with CLOY. It was a pleasure, an adventure and an emotional roller coaster. And I am grateful for this. 

Okay, moving to the episode? Can't believe it's my review of the final...Time flies!

Poor GSJ.... It was expected though. I though he'd die, and it was logical.  Doesn't mean it wasn't emotional. I didn't get attached to the couple, because I knew he would die. He seemed like someone who experienced life fast, and it would make sense. And...sorry to say that, but Dan needed this. She needed to experience suffering in order to become a better person...I felt that their story definitely reached its conclusion. i am sorry to everyone who was cheering for this couple! Can imagine how bitter you feel :(

There were too many moments with ahjummas, I felt so bad for the actresses too, they didn't need to add the scene where they are on this cold only in tiny dresses and opened jackets! I hope nobody got sick :(  

The scene with JH's mom was so dark. I realized what she was going to do when JH came back. I cried. So freaking hard. Idk, his mom broke my heart - you lose one child and then there's a chance your only boy, whom you cherish and love so much, the chance is - he is not going to come back. It's brutal for the mother. I was kinda annoyed they didn't show her before, I wondered about her reaction to the JH's situation. But this scene definitely won me over. It was raw and emotional.

His dad... I kinda see what they were trying to do with him, but I was kinda intimidated by him, which I suppose is what you're supposed to feel? When he killed the bad guys you could see his ruthless side. The bad guy got murdered in the forest by the good guy without the trial. Hm, makes you think...  I thought we were trying to learn a lesson of importance of trials in North Korea? But as a viewer, I am supposed to cheer for JH's dad and his actions? So the message got lost, because I am supposed to think that the justice was served.

To be honest, only in this episode I felt that the jump from tragedy to comedy was too much. They just dragged the oxygen mask off GSJ's face and all of the sudden we have F5 and I am supposed to laugh when I am in shock?

I loved, loved the family theme in this episode. Made me feel all cozy. Made me feel like I should call my mom. It's weird, it's heartbreakingly beautiful,  all these families. I liked Dan's mom and how she was sincere with Dan that she would cry with her too. 

I am so glad that Seri's mom is with her. Yes, a bit late, but she is with her. And I liked that she encouraged her to say goodbye. Their moments are so, so important. The fact that her mom is by her side, it's so much brighter. I feel for the mothers this episode. I wish we could have gotten more of the mothers' love, I realized how important and warm they make CLOY. And yes, the actresses are just incredible in these roles. 

Our F5, I am so glad they didn't defect. I know everyone kept wishing for them to stay in SK, but honestly, I didn''t. I am familiar with the way soldiers think, and it would be just too unrealistic, too brutal to the concept that they are soldiers and serving their country... I didn't even think about that before, but I was relieved  when they returned. That's how it's supposed to be. And Chi Soo deserved that promotion T_T I am so happy for him, he will be great in this role! I can see him being fair captain. Man Bok is so peaceful when he is listening in the final shot! Hehe, you can say what you want - but the man loves his job, and he is good at it!

So we're talking about our main leads, huh? Can't believe....my final thoughts on them T_T

First of all. Their goodbye. SO EMOTIONAL. So brilliant. I can't believe I am saying this, but this is my favourite goodbye of JH and Seri. It was shot beautifully, the facial expressions, the love, the desperation...It was incredible. The way JH yelled "Don't run!" and she still runs, it's just breathtaking. These two look at each other and the world around them disappears. I will miss their exploding chemistry so much. I wonder if this was their final scene together, their goodbye felt so-so real.

So JH pulled "PS. I love you" on Seri, huh? I was not a fan of that movie. But it's rather sweet. I really liked the plant, when Seri got JH his tomato plant,  I think it really helped him - especially thinking of 10 positive things to say....I think in this scenario, his messages were crucial for her, and he really helped her, BUT. I feel like in the scenario with the timeskip the person doesn't really move on if they receive these ghost messages. Seri didn't heal, she was relying on these messages. And I wish that if it's a timeskip, it wouldn't be the case. I wish she would be able to live on her own, to eat and go for a walk on her own by her choice to be healthy. I understand what they went for, but I do not necessary agree with the way it was executed. It was cute though.

Switzerland. Hmmmmm....HMmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I am sorry, I am just trying to decide what was...off about the ending? It was a happy one, don't get my wrong, I am glad it ended the way it did, and the cinematography was beautiful, and we got the kiss (wow, who would know?) but... I feel like Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin have a deeper connection (insert conspiracy theory about them dating) in the present, and deeper understanding of their characters and relationship, so it didn't feel like it's the present moment, it felt like a flashback. Maybe I am just used to the fact that Switzerland = flashback? But it didn't feel as deep as their NK and SK moments? I actually voted for Switzerland ending...But now it feels incomplete. Maybe I know too much about production of this kdrama to enjoy it. All I could think of is that they looked much healthier then :D But also when they hugged and kissed, there wasn't that knowledge of each other's experience. I don't know if I make sense. It feels like yes, these lovers are reuniting, but we don't really know what they went through. But maybe it's just me. I felt sad when I was saying goodbye to both of them. They are definitely one of my favourite OTPs, and I am glad I got to watch this story. 

But let me tell you, after this episode, I really want to go to Switzerland.. It's such a beautiful country, and the views are just stunning! 

Now I can finally read the comments!

• Like 8
  • Love 9

17 minutes ago, Meli said:

I don't know how to paste a video from Instagram but there is a longer video version of the wrap up party where they clap and hyun bin hugs Yejin in the end :wub: the user is @raonzent

@Meli, is this the one? 

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Meli said:

I don't know how to paste a video from Instagram but there is a longer video version of the wrap up party where they clap and hyun bin hugs Yejin in the end :wub: the user is @razonent

I can't seem to find the user on Instagram....... can you post the link of that insta account?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chewy Hoe said:

They are not married but get to be together 2 weeks in a year thanks to Seri sponsorship 

But it’s ok all of you can decide they got married, lots of bed scenes we don’t know about and she getting pregnant during that 2 weeks whatever. Afterall we are the ones watching isn’t it 

It's sort of an open happy ending. My take would be they live like that until both his parents pass away then he can officially move to Switzerland and obtain a citizenship.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, jessyqueue said:

i want to say something about Seung Joon's death. We cannot deny the role of JH's and Seri's powerful parents in the success of their relationship. But unfortunately, as the drama highlighted in his last few scenes, Seung Joon doesnt even have a family. He doesnt have a powerful set of parents to pull the strings for another NK-SK couple to succeed. 

I didnt want him to die, I wanted to see his redemption but then again, I think the writer wants to remind us of this sad fact

Agree! I think SD family is not as powerful as RJH family. When SD was captured by those guys, if SD family is actually that powerful, GSJ doesn't even need to save her and die eventually.

14 minutes ago, Site Admin said:

But let me just point out how gangsta Grandpa Ri was, shooting that ambitious military guy and getting away with it just like that. In all of their scenes together, I always thought... "this guy is poking the wrong lion." Grandpa Ri was just biding his time, waiting for the perfect moment to neutralize his enemy without jeopardizing his position and his son's safety.

Wise old man, I must say. I've never doubted him even for a minute.

PS: I also liked the way he asked RJH how Seri was. Right then, one would sense that he will do everything in his power to give his only  son a happy future with Seri-- and he really did.

Imagine the crimes and indiscretions he had to commit within that year just to clear RJH's record and ultimately send him to Switzerland to be live a peaceful life with a woman who's technically an enemy of the state.

Seri and Jeong Hyuk being filthy rich and powerful was a total must in the storyline. The scenic ending totally screams "rich kid in love." If RJH was a peasant captain in NK and Seri was a regular employee in SK, they would have been shot already shot to their deaths by a firing squad in the first thirty minutes of CLOY. :D

Yes, RJH is like NK version of Yoon Seri. Crazy Rich Koreans (2 Koreas). 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

22 minutes ago, Meli said:

I don't know how to paste a video from Instagram but there is a longer video version of the wrap up party where they clap and hyun bin hugs Yejin in the end :wub: the user is @raonzent

Thanks!!  That hug though.. LOL why does it have to scream *just friends*!

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

27 minutes ago, creativedistraction said:

Just watched it. That was an awkward hug tbh :lol:

It is the only "hug style" they can use in this situation in a room with 150 people staring at them.^))))

For me they look more like a long term couple (family) calm, happy and with company of close friends having party time.

Edited by Royal Unicorn
  • Like 9

3 minutes ago, pbysbffnirl said:

Agree. Totally doing it because they know everyone's watching and making a show of being 'not too close'. Which means they are! Right? Right? 

I'd like to think so hahaha Still keeping my hopes up! But man i cant believe i wont see them together on screen anymore :tears: how rare is it to get a 3rd project together between costars? 

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, creativedistraction said:

I'd like to think so hahaha Still keeping my hopes up! But man i cant believe i wont see them together on screen anymore :tears: how rare is it to get a 3rd project together between costars? 

You never know..I have my fingers crossed!

In one of the interviews yejin said that she wants to travel and she has Africa on her bucket list .. Maybe they will go to safari together now that they are free. No paparazzi will be able to catch them there haha 

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, Meli said:

You never know..I have my fingers crossed!

In one of the interviews yejin said that she wants to travel and she has Africa on her bucket list .. Maybe they will go to safari together now that they are free. No paparazzi will be able to catch them there haha 

If they go there I wanna them stay private. (Even if fans gonna be happy to see them.)

I feel that they are adults and deserve to have private life for themselves. :)  

Edited by Royal Unicorn
  • Like 6

I can hear my heart beating fast after that last scene when the camera zooms out and that thumping bgm.It is the same as the opening theme song.I voted for swiss ending as well .I loved the ending but was little bit disappointed in the rest of the episode cause our otp were separated for most part of the episode.At first I thought the other cast already got their closer in the previous episode and this one was two hours long.So I expected more screen time for our otp.Too many unnecessary scenes were there and our otp were hardly together for 20 min in the last epi.I badly wanted to skip those scenes until SR -JH reunited.I never ranted before as i always hoped that the writer will show something better in the next epi.But now as there is no more epi left,i find my heart aching:bawling:..I cried like a child throughout the episode.I won't say that i didn't enjoy it but just that little bit sad as this was the last and expected more.i have an exam tomorrow...and i m still unable to come out of this emotional trance.My heart will be healed only when they get together in real life.Why did it end....ottokeeeee

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

Omo... still in awe of this episode. So the ending was not 100% what I wanted, as 2 weeks a year is still a little bittersweet to me but the way it was executed... I will take it and am happy.

It did feel right to end it where they all started— where they can both be free and in love and happy for even 2 weeks a year. That paragliding scene... from just the cinematography to the dialogue (tying things back in from NK episodes) and of course that KISS!!!!!!! What we’ve all been waiting for.. finally!! Daebak.

But  I think what took the cake for me was the last epilogue scene. The house.. the pictures...the scenery.. the romantic colors of their outfits and flowers and just how HAPPY and IN LOVE they look :wub: My heart fluttered and that’s why I forgot about the limited time span they have together and how they still have to stay separated most of the time. It doesn’t matter, they are happy and thankful and in love and they are proof that love has no borders and really does find a way :heart:

Some side thoughts-

-what are the chances of a sequel someday due to the semi open ending? A girl can hope... 

-are they releasing that last song in the epilogue in the Switzerland scenes? 
-besides the ending, really wanted to give kudos to SYJ and HB in the separation scene with the NIS at the border. I found myself actually crying as I could feel their desperation and sadness... especially from SYJ. Truly daebak 

• Like 10
  • Love 3