[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

I’m just rewatching episodes to pass time until episode 13 and I know lots of ppl have already mentioned it but this drama is seriously really well written. The epilogues are just fantastic and have been incorporated so well that it doesn’t feel like a typical drama cliche knowing that SR and JH actually already met in the past. It just fits right in and everything is progressing so well. 

I haven’t commented much about the theories behind SR’s biological mother but I do think it would be a great twist if she were a spy. Wouldn’t it be an even bigger twist if she were helping JH with intel, obviously with neither of them knowing the connection to SR? And I do wonder if JH has more of an affiliation with Division 11 then we thought. If SR’s Mum is a spy and part of Division 11 then she could be originally from SK because JH initially lied about SR being from division 11 but not about her being from SK. 

I can’t wait to see what happens next. I feel like episode 13 is where we might get some romance between our leads cos I’ve been rewatching a few dramas and episode 13 always seems to be when something very romantic happens lol anyways just my observation or maybe I’m getting impatient? :joy: 

But in all seriousness, I’ve really been enjoying every sweet moment between our leads now that they aren’t shy about their feelings. JH’s parents, the ducklings, SD and SJ already know these two have fallen in love so now it’s just time for SR’s loyal assistants and family to find out. I’m eager to see her loyal assistants faces when they find out too! They will be so shocked that they tried to give JH tips about SR when he really did know her best :joy:

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

4 more eps then I guess,  this thread will be officially abandon :sweatingbullets:. Geeeeee,  I'm going to miss reading all the observations,  theories and insights from all of you (which most of the predictions were incorrect lol,  writer did a great job twisting each eps) 

• Like 7

Annyeong chingus, 

I love the drama and how it revolves. Aside from the OTP I specially love Capt Ri's squad and what happened to them in Seoul. :D

2020-02-05-20-28-37.jpg

2020-02-05-20-29-39.jpg

2020-02-06-14-12-24.jpg

These scenes made me die of laughing. As this squad thought of creative ways of how they would find information to find RJH and YSR but resulted all to funny situations and that's the charm of the drama. I love how the writer have thought of those funny scenes. 

ManBok became the gossiper in SubWay and had his little chance to find SR with her crew if he just looked around. 

ChiSu became a valet and chicken delivery man and should have delivered chicken to JeonHyeok house if he didn't hang up the phone. 

JuMeok continued watching Chuno and he totally enjoyed it. I enjoyed watching Chuno too. :lol:

EunDong fought online against JH and would have meet JH if JH had been allowed by Seri to go out. 

KwangBeom was sighted by agents of agency and got a little afraid bc of his ignorance thinking his cover was just uncovered. :D

I love Tomato Cultivator versus Desperate Effort. Both competitive and so funny. :D

And I love Capt Ri Squad. My heart belongs to them aside from the OTP. :wub:

Spoiler

19532b069e6cd70ac284f89f9d2cae6c24f876f2

Cto

JH and SR are two people that's so in love with each other. I love how they discussed what kind of family they would have and how many kids they wanted. And the fact SR was just pretending she's under the influence of alcohol. Omooo my heart :heart:.

My heart got broken with what happened to Seri when she was still a child thinking even how many million numbers she counted her eomma wouldn't come. :bawling:

So many to discuss but I'll stop here since my fingers are hurting already due to arthritis. Mian. :P

• Like 12

I hope someone has posted this from https://bitchesoverdramas.com/2020/02/03/crash-landing-on-you-switzerland-or-korea/

Spoiler

I don’t like making predictions because I suck at it. (Congratulations, Kansas City Chiefs!)  So I’m letting @John L propose Switzerland as JungHyuk and Seri’s happily-ever-after.

What do you all think? Is this a good idea? Should our happy couple go Brexit Korexit or stay Remainers?

Production-wise, I don’t see the point of the actors and crew going all the to Switzerland just to shoot a handful of scenes which they then played as a flashback. Switzerland must have more significance to it than just a place of remembrance. And I like the idea of our couple raising a family with 2.5 kids there

This reminds me of “Goblin.” The director and the writer made such big fuss about connecting Quebec City to the kdrama that it made perfect sense that the final meeting place of Eun Tak and the Goblin was the hillside overlooking Chateau Frontenac. I believe I wrote about it somewhere in this blog….

Likewise, in this kdrama, it makes sense, thematically, that Seri and JH’s ending takes place in Switzerland where their story first began. The story has to come full circle.

There’s also a bit of idealization of Switzerland as this happy medium for North and South Koreans. North Korea is never an option for a Happily-Ever-After ending, given its repressive regime. But South Korea isn’t exactly a happy place for Seri, either, given her current family regime…errr…tensions. So Switzerland seems to be a sensible and healthy compromise for both of them.

My only reservation, @John L, is that living in Switzerland as expats is like an escapist dream. They’re running away from their troubles AND hoping that their troubles won’t catch up with them one day. But, as long as they can ensure that none of their loved ones will suffer for their decision to quit their respective countries and live abroad, it doesn’t really matter to me however and wherever they choose to pursue their happiness and a separate peace.

Let me know if I’m too far out of left-field on the ending to CLOY. SR & JH will be married & living in Switzerland at the end (maybe even pregnant).

Here is my reason:
(1) They met in Switzerland.
(2) JH & SR do not seem too fond of their respective countries. NK is NK so not a lot to explain there. SR’s family is in SK which is the source of her anguish. I can see her wanting to have a fresh start; away from her family. I’m sure she can work remotely and go back to SK whenever she wants.
(3) NK and Switzerland have had diplomatic relations since 1974. Kim Jong-un is believed to went to boarding school there. Switzerland has always taken the part of mediator involving conflicts in the Korean Peninsula. Switzerland is essentially neutral ground b/n the Koreas.
(4) JH started his piano career there and in Ep12 he wanted to start playing the piano again. Coincidentally, he stopped because he lost his beloved brother. Now that he found someone to love again, he wants to start doing it again.
(5) Her Brother’s always wanted her to be married and out of Korea so this kind of fits the script. Well, except she wants to leave to be w/ JH.
(6) CLOY always goes back to the Switzerland flashbacks so why not end it where it all started.

Thanks to bitchesoverdramas, I have same opinion too. They will end up in Switzerland, the first country where they met. Their meeting was a fate rather than coincidence. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

7 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Confession: I went out and got me Kit Kat’s yesterday.

Did it help ease your depression and anxiety over waiting for next episode? :joy:

@junelivesI cannot believe as many times as I've watched that episode I never noticed him nudging JH to go after her when she ran out crying! Omg I'm so glad u said that. I went back and rewatched it ...that's so sweet. I knew he secretly loved her to death all along. Crazy how you can watch movies and not really "see" things sometimes

Edited by Dana T
  • Like 2
  • LOL 7

5 hours ago, blue_fleurs said:

I stumbled across the Swoon video of the back-hug scene and I realized when I first watched this scene I could have bet anything that after saying, "Next year... and the year after...and even the year after... will all be good", RJH was going to say "because I'll be there with you.  I will find a way" but instead he said "because I'll be thinking of you."  Am I the only one here?!

This exact sentence, “because I’ll be thinking of you”, made me cry the first time watching this scene. I thought that he will say other things, or standard lines as, “because I’m with you on your birthday”. But nooo, he will be ONLY thinking:bawling:

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

20 hours ago, charray said:

Spoilers from synopsis of episode 13 and 14 posted by Netflix USA. Does not look like our RiRi couple would have time or opportunity to make babies since she is going to spend time laying unconscious in hospital. :bawling:

Here @Xoxo

2 hours ago, africandramalover said:

Did she?! Is there an article about it?? I Knew It!! I said so HERE . (If y'all haven't watched that movie, please do. I highly recommend it.

I was kinda dissatisfied with episode 11 and 12 after that long wait.... The story has moved along very well in terms of plot, but I feel like proper affection between the leads was missing. I don't need a bed scene. A kiss would have been very good to have, (but not with that poor editing, DIRECTORNIM!!). However, what I felt was missing was a few "domestic" scenes. SeRi excitedly/anxiously showing JH around her house, his room, scenes that show her trying to make him comfortable. Anyone in that situation would be giddy and excited to show their love their world!! There was too much plot for me and not enough relationship stuff. Yes the shopping was great, and the MOTA gaming scenes worked to advance the plot, but where the hell does he sleep? Are they sharing a bed? If not, did they lie in their separate beds that first night, so excited that they have finally seen each other that they couldn't sleep? Breakfast? I concluded that I am projecting my ideas onto the show. I still feel hollow tho.....:ph34r:

JH VISUALS saved the day, as usual!! He was so delicious while in those suits SeRi bought him, and I was just as giddy as that shop assistant, but I loved him most when he was in the black trousers and white shirt!!! :w00t: OMG!! I. CANNOT!!

I repeat. I.CANNOT!!!

I look at those pics and I feel like I feel like I am going to get a stroke!! I don't know what it is about a black pair of fitting trousers and a white shirt, it just does something for me.... I'm not sure I would have been as focused on delivering my lines as Son Ye Jin!!!!!! Cheesos!!

As K-pop fans in my country say.... "Step on me Dzaddy!!!"

Anyway.... back to my dissertation!:bawling:

I did like Episode 11 and 12 but what you said about having more domestic scenes I completely agree with you! It would have been great to see their awkward, full of tension first night together. However there is so much story to tell. Seri-JH relationship, SD-GSJ relationship, F4+ManBok adventures in SK, updates of ahjummas in NK, Seri's family and company issues, plots of NK higher ups, now we have GSJ's background story that is related to Seri's father... so on. There is only 4 episode left but too much story to tell. I don't want them to rush anything. We need to see the heart fluttering moments like you said above, if they rush to complete the story we won't be able to see them:tears: Plus i think CLOY will be the last project that we will see HB and SYJ together for a long time. I don't want their great chemistry and amazing acting skills (as well as such amazing story line) to go to waste. So I hope they can extend until episode 20. 

CLOY is a huge setback to my academic career too :lol: Thanks God i finished my dissertation before CLOY, but I have to finish my paper and CLOY is not helping my concentration. I feel you! Good luck with your dissertation:)

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello!! 2 more days still CLOY Ep 13 & 14!!

Found this amazing fan made video of HB & SYJ, using footages from HB's Confidential Assignment and SYJ's movie with So Ji Sub. Ther person who made this is brilliant!! The scenes felt like its straight from CLOY drama itself, but this was made 6 months ago!!

Also just found out that HB's boss (in North Korea) in Confidential Assignment is his dad in CLOY!!!

• Like 12
  • Love 1

I hope Crush's OST will be released this week. It is so beautiful :wub: I found someone posted Korean lyrics. Google translation:

You like the wind that pass me by
Take a break and look at me
All these days can't last forever
I prayed that moon
All the time stop
I can't go to the world alone
You'll leave me but my love will reach you
Come to me on this night when everyone's asleep
Say you love me in the world's most beautiful voice
I keep seeing you deep in my heart
Even your little gesture makes me smile
Like other people
In another world under the same sky
Look at the same star together
Under each other's night sky

Spoiler

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

But it wasn’t discovered in the police checks...

I think his informant might take care of it. 

Anyway I have another theory. Maybe JH knows someone from Division 11. As shown in the previous episodes he has many connections, for instance the guy at the power plant. Who knows he might help someone in the past that turns out to be related to Division 11. Or his father knows someone in SK and asked him to help JH. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2