Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

how briliant park ji eun writing for character development,every script well done written by her.

• Like 13
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

1 minute ago, ChunSungIm said:

how briliant park ji eun writing for character development,every script well done written by her.

True! I rewatched episode 5&6 again and viola! I noticed that many scenes were tied up together, like a closure.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

# let’s look at The twin scan

maybe there will be scenes later where SR is pregnant then a flashback on the sofa/soju, sit on bed..

comrades, we are thinking too much.. the monk-nun love relationship virus is in trend these days among kdramas :smirk:

• Like 5
  • LOL 6

Anyong dungmu.  I have just joined this forum and information in here are overwhelming.
I wonder why Chuno (The Slave Hunter) was mentioned in CLOY.  I can see the link of bringing in Staircase to Heaven.  Then what is the connection for Chuno?  I checked PDs and Writers are different.  If anyone could throw some light, I will appreciate that, because I like Chuno too. :) 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, cswcraze said:

Then what is the connection for Chuno?

One of the comrades who likes korean dramas watched it partially. He asked SR what happened to Jang Hyuk’s role and she said he’s dead. I think it’s from episode 2 (I am not quite sure).

@Samuel Yohanes

I put it under spoiler since it’s probably off topic

Spoiler

I really don’t care if this guy is edited or removed as long as there is no delay on the upcoming episodes. I watch this drama because of HB and SYJ. However, I will be pissed off if this scandal affects the drama. 

I would rather he clarifies whether it’s true or not. 

• Like 6

I tried looking through the threads and didn't see anyone mentioning this. 

Does anyone know what papers did Seri's father sign during his supposed "overseas trip"? I'm really curious about the backstory of Seri's family. 

The mum definitely loves her in her own way, I can't really place what the father feels about her coz he appears so indifferent most of the time he is onscreen and epi 12 is the only time he showed any signs that he cared about his daughter. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 2/3/2020 at 9:10 AM, Brian Pham said:

Found a hint of Memories of Alhambra. It’s when Ri was playing game, the soundtrack used was the guitar soundtrack of Alhambra each time Park Shin Hye’s character shows up. Also when he said he wanted to to to real world and fight, that’s a part of Alhambra also

I loved that scene! 

• Like 3

@Ameera Ali woahhhhhhh you're so funny & good at doing those photos with captions! 2 thumbs up chingoo!

@thanie OMG is right :)

@sadthe1st :) hahaha yes comrade,  the monk/nun relationship, seems to be a trend in kdramas! you're so right! and we know that one for sure in choco!

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Thanks 1

Dont you guys think this drama director fit the PPL very well in this drama. 

I almost see no complaint about the PPL even though it is a freaking lot because how fitting the ppl with the drama itself. 

Even some of the most random one like kitkat in the epilogue of ep 11. Or the game that hyunbin played and duel they fit it with MOA guitar sound and duel reference which is just too damn good.

And then all the fancy clotches that seri and seodan use. Fit with their "rich" character. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, nuttyz said:

Does anyone know what papers did Seri's father sign during his supposed "overseas trip"? I'm really curious about the backstory of Seri's family. 

The mum definitely loves her in her own way, I can't really place what the father feels about her coz he appears so indifferent most of the time he is onscreen and epi 12 is the only time he showed any signs that he cared about his daughter. 

It was for her release when she crossed the border and came into the S.Korean military's custody, to confirm and verify her status as a Korean citizen who was in NK under duress. So the father was certainly aware of her situation and she probably contacted only him when she made it back to the border. I think father cares and she is clearly his favourite, but has to keep an apparent distance because he needs to appear impartial before his children. Yet he truly knows his sons are useless. As for her mother, I'm not too sure how I regard her. She seems like a very conflicted person. And why wouldn't you be? Whether or not you have a loveless relationship with your husband, fact is Seri was a product of an affair. There's some level of betrayal there. Yet for the sake of name and face, you are made to raise her as your own daughter. I reckon the public may not know that Seri is the Chairman's illegitimate daughter - after all, for her to be raised in his household must mean she was placed under his official family register. But it certainly is a known fact, and the brothers have that resentment towards her as well. It is clear Seri does not actually know her biological mother. I wonder what happened with her real mum. Was she simply brought into the Yoon household from birth?

• Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, hibiscus23 said:

@Ameera Ali woahhhhhhh you're so funny & good at doing those photos with captions! 2 thumbs up chingoo!

@thanie OMG is right :)

@sadthe1st :) hahaha yes comrade,  the monk/nun relationship, seems to be a trend in kdramas! you're so right! and we know that one for sure in choco!

@hibiscus23, I've converted that Nun into a stunt woman :rolleyes:.Am watching SG now. I'm desperately falling in-love with HB!

• Like 6
  • LOL 5

14 minutes ago, thanie said:

@hibiscus23, I've converted that Nun into a stunt woman :rolleyes:.Am watching SG now. I'm desperately falling in-love with HB!

@thanie hahaha why stunt woman now? U know i've seen SG while it was airing but i need to refresh my mem N wld like to re-watch it maybe when my plate is a bit clean hahaha right now there are so  many Kdramas that i dunno anymore which one i'm gg to watch! it may sound greedy but it's understandable yay!:love:

• Like 4
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, L A said:

yes I was confused about it too. was it revealed in ep 12 how seri saved him? or was he implying that when she took the picture for him and said 'you are doomed" thats how she saved him?

He was referring to the watch. Upon seeing the watch, Seri told him that she had found it at the pawnshop before and that she had actually intended to gift it to him but didn’t get a chance to because she dropped it when she got kidnapped. Remember that no one knew where the watch was all this time (even Man Bok didn’t know). But the watch was crucial in solving Mo Hyeuk’s murder and provided JH the evidence he needed to put Cheol Gang behind bars. If it wasn’t for Seri finding the watch, then buying it, then Man Bok’s son wouldn’t have found it when Seri was being kidnapped. So JH credits Seri for saving his life since his goal was to find his brother’s murderer. 

19 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

It was for her release when she crossed the border and came into the S.Korean military's custody, to confirm and verify her status as a Korean citizen who was in NK under duress. So the father was certainly aware of her situation and she probably contacted only him when she made it back to the border. I think father cares and she is clearly his favourite, but has to keep an apparent distance because he needs to appear impartial before his children. Yet he truly knows his sons are useless. As for her mother, I'm not too sure how I regard her. She seems like a very conflicted person. And why wouldn't you be? Whether or not you have a loveless relationship with your husband, fact is Seri was a product of an affair. There's some level of betrayal there. Yet for the sake of name and face, you are made to raise her as your own daughter. I reckon the public may not know that Seri is the Chairman's illegitimate daughter - after all, for her to be raised in his household must mean she was placed under his official family register. But it certainly is a known fact, and the brothers have that resentment towards her as well. It is clear Seri does not actually know her biological mother. I wonder what happened with her real mum. Was she simply brought into the Yoon household from birth?

Thank you for clarifying the papers. I was curious about it as well. I can understand why Seri’s stepmom was cold to her because like you said, she was the product of an affair and that’s a betrayal in itself. What I want to know is what made her have a soft spot for Seri. From the scene at the beach, it seemed like she wanted to get rid of her and it looked like she never came back. But I’m the episodes we’ve seen so far, she seems to be bothered by Seri’s disappearance and seems to be the only one actually fighting for her. So why the difference? 

• Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

18 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

@gilaswan, thanks a lot!

Now that made sense, so both Seri and Dad were pretending during the family dinner where the mum was absent. Yeah, I hope we get more backstory on what happened in the remaining episode. In addition to what you mentioned, I guess the mother is also conflicted because Seri is probably the only one with genuine love for her and gave her the least headaches amongst the three kids and adding to the fact that she probably had guilt abandoning her when she was little. 

I recall seeing the Yoon family taking a family picture in the opening credits, I wonder if that signals a happy ending for the family, so it will be interesting to see if the evil 2nd brother and sister in law actually turns good towards the end. Eldest brother and his wife are just pure dimwits, lol, they'd just run Queens Group to ruins. 

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

Thank you for clarifying the papers. I was curious about it as well. I can understand why Seri’s stepmom was cold to her because like you said, she was the product of an affair and that’s a betrayal in itself. What I want to know is what made her have a soft spot for Seri. From the scene at the beach, it seemed like she wanted to get rid of her and it looked like she never came back. But I’m the episodes we’ve seen so far, she seems to be bothered by Seri’s disappearance and seems to be the only one actually fighting for her. So why the difference? 

Yeah. I'm also curious about that. Maybe she's come to the realisation her sons are really absolutely useless. Though I wonder how much of her sons' uselessness was also a result of how she brought them up. At the start she also signaled to Seri to not accept her father's decision to appoint her as successor, but then also changed her mind when Seri went missing -- she was the one who told her husband to hold off on his decision to re-appoint until they were sure what happened to Seri. Her character is always frowning. I wonder what's her back story that we do not know about. Only 4 episodes left and Seri's stepmom remains the biggest mystery to me actually.

• Like 11

Hi fellow rjh ysr shippers I cant sleep because of cloy haha someone tell me you also saw the ringwill they get married in the next episodes ahhhhhhghh i wish, i hope they get married before he leavesanyways lets all rape the replay button in all of their videos Hoping for Twins#cloytwins #riritwins #seritwins #mrritwins haha daebak!!!!!!

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

It's only Tuesday...

I really loved the last weekend's episodes. Some quick thoughts following comments by some of our comrades on this thread.

Saving each other

I thought it was very beautifully paralleled and then tied together - this theme of "fate". What is meant to be, will be. From the song which JH wrote and played for his brother bringing her comfort, to Seri finding and retrieving JH's brother's watch for him - all these apparently random acts that actually come together to bring a certain hope and comfort that there is a greater plan that will bring all things to a good end. The watch was a point of healing for JH in more ways than one. It "saved" him on one level because his brother had planted evidence in there - JH actually didn't know that. I believed it was the voice recording that Man Bok gave him that pointed him to it. And then it "saved" him on the level of reuniting him with the gift that he gave his brother before he left for Switzerland, a gift which clearly his brother held dearly to as well. All this while, Seri had no idea the history of the watch or its significance, even to have lost it without any idea that it would reach the intended recipient! Just like the music that lingered in her head for so many years, her search for its title, only to actually play it to the composer himself!

Intimacy

My goodness, these two have very good self control, dontcha think?! But as many of you have pointed out, it's all very much in RJH's character to hold back. As Seri herself remarked, he's very much in control even when drunk. He's not about to make a mistake "against her". After all, he's very aware that what his heart desires is what he cannot have, and because he loves her so much, he will protect her at his own cost. It is actually more likely she will cave, given her penchant for the dramatic and wildlife alter ego. But she is also afraid to be left with painful memories. She repeatedly says she does not want to be left with memories that will serve to hurt her. "I don't like such dreams," she tells him when she first sees him in SK. Yet I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually throw caution to the wind... Who knows? But for now, the respectful distance they have for each other is very much in keeping with any relationship that has in effect not gone past a full month together, coupled with the stress of imminent danger and a very unlikely future together. They're old enough also to be aware of all these potential "costs" against them should they make a "mistake".

• Like 15
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

I love how Jeong Hyeok at times gently stroke Se Ri's hands as to comfort her. :love:

• Like 6
  • Love 7