[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

31 minutes ago, Site Admin said:

So now that they are both in SK, reunited after their kiss in the border. There is one important thing that's unclear to me.

:warning: Are they considered OFFICIALLY TOGETHER now as BOYFRIEND and GIRLFRIEND?

Because they already shared three kisses and basically acted like lovers in NK. The only thing absent is the sex. Can RJH claim Seri as his girlfriend now and vice versa?

Hiya all comrades, 

First time post here... but I guess RJH should confess his love for Seri first before officially together? I recall he hasn't declare his love for Seri... yet (the one he told SD doesn't count)  despite she confessed to him 2 times already (one by phone, the other with his books) 

Hoping this will happen this Saturday :wub:

• Like 8
  • Love 3

@thanie the Korean cosmetics  i must say are fantastic, these days since I got addicted to Kdramas, i don't use other brands anymore, the thing is they use natural ingredients! Did you guys notice how flawless their completions are? even men in Korea have their own cosmetic store & we saw that when we went to SK! The cosmetics are quite pricey but worth it! However, if you think you don't need any of those you mentioned, it's probably better to look natural :D

@Annie12 i also am very impressed with Korean styles and they are far more advanced compared to American styles! Yes sometimes when we see those wardrobes in kdramas it's hard not to say I wanna have that one too hahaha

Hello to all comrades here wave wave

Latest stills from hancinema & hope you guys haven't posted these:

[Photos] New Stills Added for the Korean Drama "Crash Landing on You"

photo1147472.jpg

I think the one above we all hv seen this!

photo1147473.jpg

woah he's dead gorgeous in this photo :heart:

Hopefully, we'll be able to watch this w/end, I must say I hv to rewatch some of epi 9 to kinda refresh my mem since it's been what almost 2 wks now? time flies!

• Like 9
  • Love 4

46 minutes ago, INeedAFan said:

Seriously, why is it harder for an SK’s woman and a NK’s man to have a happy ending compared to Alien x TV star or Mermaid x Con Man? I don’t get it. At least both of them are humans.

LOL :joy:  Yeah!! So please... if the only way for our 2Ri couple is that RJH and his parents become NK defectors, then I fully accept it! Hahaha as you say... we are talking about two from same specie so just let them be together Writer-nim :lol: 

I have been thinking about the ending, I used to think that they could end in Switzerland but I don’t know why, now I am liking more the idea of RJH and his parents becoming defectors. RJH’s dad is almost retiring from military, what if he decides to  give up his post and leave the country with RJH and RJH’s mom because he is also discovering how bad is the “dark side” in NK’s military. He already lost one son because of that. He won’t allow to lose his youngest son.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Wol-sook said:

Hiya all comrades, 

First time post here... but I guess RJH should confess his love for Seri first before officially together? I recall he hasn't declare his love for Seri... yet (the one he told SD doesn't count)  despite she confessed to him 2 times already (one by phone, the other with his books) 

Hoping this will happen this Saturday :wub:

So I guess they're not yet official official. Seri already said "Ri Jeong Hyeok, I love you." in the kidnapping scene and basically wrote "I love you  Ri Jeong Hyeok" by arranging his books in order.

Maybe it's because of the NK dynamics that RJH has not yet declared possession of Seri as his girlfriend but now that he is in Seoul, he ought to be more upfront with his feelings. After crossing the border, he is effectively a new man.

Why, there are actually two Jeong Hyeoks in this drama. The Jeong Hyeok whose feet are firmly planted on NK and has accepted that he and Seri will never be. The other Jeong Hyeok is the one who has just willfully stepped into SK, the enemy territory. This Jeong Hyeok is fearless and has nothing to lose, as he had come to terms with the fact that he would rather live his life in danger than live away from the woman he loves.

I doubt if RJH will ever let Seri go willingly this time around. They may have to yank her away from his cold, dead hands.

• Like 13
  • Love 1

Oooh the new stills are gorgeous :wub:  And it's funny I was one of the people who didn't want them to go to SK, I will miss their NK shenanigans. But looking at these stills, SK adventure is growing on me :)

I really like bittersweet endings! Idk, there's just so much emotion in them, and they are more memorable and meaningful, so even if I'm in a minority, for me it would be great if they added a realistic twist to this story.  And the characters are given the opportunity to grow.

Another thing that I like about JH/SR, in their goodbyes they always say "Stay healthy, live a long, happy life." And  there's just something so touching that they put each other's health as a priority. Because both of them risked their lives for each other. 

My ideal ending would be a bittersweet one, where JH finds Seri in Switzerland and gives her a scented candle. Yes, I want my reference to the time when she was in NK. And not in a "let's show them ten thousand flashbacks" way. 

But regardless, if it will be a different ending, I will be glad anyways. I only hope it will be justified - I feel like for Seri it would be easier to adjust to life elsewhere (for example, opening another office could even benefit the company anyways, and her family sucks, so no big loss here) than for JH (he has to give up his family and his life in NK). I hope that this will add some weight to the ending as well. I can't believe we're already close enough to the ending to start thinking about it. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1

If we thought that TvN wasn't making product placement in NK.... 

Look at the EENK x SERI'S CHOICE Collection

https://eenk.co.kr/595

This dress:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYkMtnCwtRMaBNxglELIE

Picture: dramabeans 

dcd790935f6eb.jpg

Picture: EENK x SERI'S CHOICE Collection

And this blanket

Spoiler

4a6533f61e8de.jpg

Picture: EENK x SERI'S CHOICE Collection

I just envy this model:

It looks like RHJ bed 

c1e0a46aac68c.jpg

Happy shopping!!!! 

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 5
  • LOL 12

29 minutes ago, Favnia said:

My ideal ending would be a bittersweet one, where JH finds Seri in Switzerland and gives her a scented candle. Yes, I want my reference to the time when she was in NK. And not in a "let's show them ten thousand flashbacks" way.

Switzerland had always taken 2nd place in my ideal ending list. I would prefer NK and SK to open their borders to each other and still be two countries independent of each other. It's quicker and easier than reunification.

It will be impossible to change NK and SK ideologies but it doesn't mean that they can't be friends who can mingle with each other and respect each other's point of view. It's not ideal but it's our best bet to keep the ducklings, the ahjummas, Ri parents and world peace in our OTP's lives. Let's just call it a fantasy drama with Baby Ri's allowed to run back and forth the 38th parallel without the risk of getting shot. Weekdays will be spent in SK, and weekends in NK should do the trick. :D

• Like 7
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, sussieh said:

LOL :joy:  Yeah!! So please... if the only way for our 2Ri couple is that RJH and his parents become NK defectors, then I fully accept it! Hahaha as you say... we are talking about two from same specie so just let them be together Writer-nim :lol: 

I have been thinking about the ending, I used to think that they could end in Switzerland but I don’t know why, now I am liking more the idea of RJH and his parents becoming defectors. RJH’s dad is almost retiring from military, what if he decides to  give up his post and leave the country with RJH and RJH’s mom because he is also discovering how bad is the “dark side” in NK’s military. He already lost one son because of that. He won’t allow to lose his youngest son.

Ri family being defectors means death to all family or at least to Father Ri as he is the top officer in NK political party, he knows a lot. Therefore there would be no chance, DPRK would let him alive even if he successfully migrate to any country. So this would be a tragic end for JH. Switzerland is the most convenient end for our couple JH could find an excuse as being DPRK sponsored genius pianist that represent the country in Europe. Seri could open up a branch in Switzerland since she already has 14 international branches. 

However, I am one of the few people who would like a happy ending in NK, although it does not sound realistic:) Although i'd be happy for JH to pursue his dreams of being pianist, i would like him to continue being the upright commander of the company 5. He is a great leader that rotten army needs. Also he is a great leader to F4 so he will continue being the role model in how to be a good soldier for them. Plus i love their interaction, i will be sad if they separate. Another reason why i like NK ending is that Seri doesn't have a friend or a loving family in SK, she wouldn't lose anything regarding her social life if she moves to NK. She can be herself without hiding behind the cold facade that she built up to protect herself. She has friends (ahjumas and F4) and loving partner (RJH) and his supportive family. If the diplomacy allows she could run a business in Pyongyang like Seo Dan's mother and collect dollars:lol:. Ri Father is the top political person in DPRK so he can arrange something her daughter in law;) I know realistically speaking this scenario is not possible but since it is a drama there is nothing wrong to imagine, right :) 

40 minutes ago, Favnia said:

I really like bittersweet endings! Idk, there's just so much emotion in them, and they are more memorable and meaningful, so even if I'm in a minority, for me it would be great if they added a realistic twist to this story.  And the characters are given the opportunity to grow.

Another thing that I like about JH/SR, in their goodbyes they always say "Stay healthy, live a long, happy life." And  there's just something so touching that they put each other's health as a priority. Because both of them risked their lives for each other. 

But regardless, if it will be a different ending, I will be glad anyways. I only hope it will be justified - I feel like for Seri it would be easier to adjust to life elsewhere (for example, opening another office could even benefit the company anyways, and her family sucks, so no big loss here) than for JH (he has to give up his family and his life in NK). I hope that this will add some weight to the ending as well. I can't believe we're already close enough to the ending to start thinking about it. 

I do like bittersweet endings too! If this drama was melo, i am sure it would have been a tear jerking one! The context is so suitable to melodrama and thus a bittersweet ending.. If the ending was to be bittersweet, i would want to have them wait for each other and go to the respected areas (for JH to the hill in DMZ, for Seri to the mountain) where they can see other across the border once in a year. Although i hate waiting (both in real life as i have a horrible experience of it, and in dramas), this would be very emotional in this context because it would also highlight how in real life Koreans are separated by an artificial border and long to be together.  

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, Site Admin said:

would prefer NK and SK to open their borders to each other and still be two countries independent of each other. It's quicker and easier than reunification.

Ha, I like how the easiest way for our otp to be together is just to solve the real political problems between two countries...

1 hour ago, Site Admin said:

Weekdays will be spent in SK, and weekends in NK should do the trick. :D

Awwww that ending I can live with :wub:

Before the ending though... I just want to see JH in his uniform once again.. :phew:

53 minutes ago, lavanta said:

.. If the ending was to be bittersweet, i would want to have them wait for each other and go to the respected areas (for JH to the hill in DMZ, for Seri to the mountain) where they can see other across the border once in a year.

I really like the ending with NK being in the picture in some sort of way, but many people complained about Seri getting out of there soon (reasoning that her being in NK didn't move the plot forward), so if either of them get back to NK.. I feel like people could see it as the plot going backwards? Even though personally I would prefer for them to keep connection to NK. 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2

@Annie12 count me in! you are not the only one:) I love him in uniform the best as it makes him more buff and serious. Also in turtle neck because it makes him look thick in the shoulders and neck ;) I have to mention that i love his bowl cut hair too. The only style i don't like in him is where he looks so thin and dolled up like in "confidential assignment" promotional video

Spoiler

• Like 5
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, Favnia said:

I really like the ending with NK being un tge picture in some sort of way, but many people complained about Seri getting out of there soon (reasoning that her being in NK didn't move the plot forward), so if either of them get back to NK.. I feel like people could see it as the plot going backwards? Even though personally I would prefer for them to keep connection to NK. 

It's partly the writers fault (in a good way :lol:) for creating endearing NK characters that remind us of the old school way of life. Ahjummas who remind us of our pesky family members, ducklings who remind us of our high school and college classmates and a kind of life that reminds us of our childhood, when life happened at a much slower but sweeter pace. Our clothes, relationships and food were simpler but still, we were so darned happy. It's really hard to move on from that feeling.

This drama is in itself a good set-up for a melo or vague ending but does the writer really have to take that route? If, they marketed it as a romance comedy, they sure need to follow though with a happily ever after.

I read this excerpt from a blog about romance books, but it captures my exact sentiments about dramas as well:

"If it doesn’t have a happy ending, it’s not a Romance.

Not all love stories are romances. Something can be a great love story and still not fit in the romance genre. If your love story doesn’t have a happy ending, you have literally every other genre to play in. But if you’re going to stick that “Romance” label on it in an effort to tap into the lucrative romance-loving community, it better damn well have a happy ending – or at least a hopeful one. To do otherwise is a betrayal of the unspoken author-reader contract.

A majority of readers read romance specifically for that HEA (happily ever after) and they trust authors to give it to them. We are willing to be dragged through despairing lows of a heart-wrenching story because we know the author is not going to leave us there. You can make us cry tears of pain as long as you end with tears of joy and we will love you for it.

We want the happy ending, we need it, and we deserve it. Life is stressful and hard and we want this escape. We need to see love claim victory over everything else. We’ve invested time and money and emotional capital in a book labeled “Romance” and we deserve the happiness promised to us by that label."

Source: https://bookriot.com/2017/04/10/if-it-doesnt-have-an-hea-or-hfn-its-not-romance/

• Like 13
  • Love 4

25 minutes ago, Site Admin said:

t's partly the writers fault (in a good way :lol:) for creating endearing NK characters that remind us of the old school way of life.

Nostalgia is huuuuge in this kdrama, especially for people who come from ex-communistic countries! That's a big win in terms of international demographic, because most of people who understood/lived through communism are 30+ which is exactly the audience they targeted. 

Oh for me it's the opposite in terms of the ending :D I need realism otherwise I can't relate to the story. If the characters suffered through the story and all of the sudden get a completely happy ending that would not resonate with me. I get the appeal, but I think that there are so many subplots that would be affected by the happy ending for our otp. 

Frankly, everyone has different perception on what the happy ending means for them. Them being together in the end? A wedding?  Children?

For me them reuniting after all the hardships would be more than enough :)

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Annie12 said:

I am the only who prefers RJH in his uniform and  turtlenecks?

He looks good in suits (oh! hell he looks good in everything)but omg he seems so manly and mascular in that uniform!:D

@Annie12 @lavanta He looks good in a suit. He looks manly in military uniform or anything actually heck you can put a dilapidated shirt on him and he's still look good in it. And i bet he's even better wearing nothing I'm just saying :lol::naughty:

• Like 5
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 4

9 hours ago, lavanta said:

I think i am the only one who prefers JH in uniform.

same here comrade. my favorite one must be HB in his marine uniform. other than that he looks so hot in school uniform (friends our legend), and north korean officer uniform :)

I know this is an unpopular opinion but Hyun Bin in Hyde Jekyll Me was one of his best, from appearance to performance.

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1

11 minutes ago, Favnia said:

Yes, in my opinion HB looks the best in a uniform, but I'm also looking forward to a mandatory fanservice shower scene...there's no such suit as a birthday suit :lol:

I can be 300% wrong but I don't remember Hyun Bin oppa doing a shower scene...  I think he has some shirtless scenes over the years... But I can't recall a shower scene...

If anyone has a clip of this precious moment, please post here! 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1