[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

2 hours ago, ChunSungIm said:

better angle for kiss scene eps 9

Awww :wub: I love this angle!!! Sooo sweet!!! See! Director-nim is toying with our fragiles hearts! LOL! Awww this angle! Sweetness at the fullest! Ep 11 please come soon! 

As many other comrades, I lost the count of how many times I rewatched previous episodes hahaha I keep rewatching the same scenes many times and feeling goosebumps, smiling or laughing aloud as it was the very first time watching :love:.

By the way, each time I rewatch episodes, I am more convinced that he knew who she was the moment he saw her in the tree. His sweet smile is from recognition.  And the way he was looking at his old camera, I believe that he has her photos saved there.

Awww the end of ep 10... when he looked at her and her surprised face, so full of love! 

Does someone knows how much is expected as running time for the following episodes? Hopefully it will be 90 mins each one. Time flies fast with this drama! And that way it will be as if it was a 20 eps show. 

Ah! Almost forgot! I think that SR’s sister-in-law will be the one to get in touch with MS and ask him to work together to hurt SR. She has an evil side inside, and SR’s is like her puppet. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Elle R said:

I know most people kiss with their eyes closed, but all the promo pics of these two kissing feels so sweet and sensual at the same time.

Reminds me of Andy Warhol's quote; " People should fall in love with their eyes close" haha. Though it's metaphor, but the kissing scenes in CLoY went straight to my heart. :heart:

• Like 5
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, lavanta said:

I don't think his bowl cut is bad, one of his best hair style for me is in Confidential Assignment even if it is so casual. He looks great in that movie because he looks rugged and not dolled up but in CLOY he put on weight and more muscle he looks amazing now too. Anyways I am looking forward to his jealous scene in the preview. I bet Seri made him wear her ex-boyfriends clothes:lol: 

I totally agree...HB could have a literal bowl on his head &look hot! Lol . I didn't see CA but I have seen images& I also agree his rugged look with facial hair....sexy! Bowl cut, swept back, clean shaven or rough look it's just the many sides of HB to love!

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, 123mary123 said:

I hope that now that the episodes wiil take place in SK the writer will give ua some answers abour YSR.

1. Why The date of her birthday is the date she almost die.

2. That scene when she was very young, somewhere very dark, counting backwards.

3. Why mentioned in the drama that she is adopted? It will play role later?

What do you think?

I hope the extent of this background (of SR) is to help us appreciate the stark difference in the life she's always known of and the life she walked into with RJH, and help us believe that it was her circumstances that made her into the lady boss with a tough exterior that she is, but in truth she has a heart warming side.  In this sense the arc about her adoptive history need not be explored too in-depth because we get it.  Someone else commented extensively previously on the notions of community ties and how this (a) changes SR, and (b) provides a rationale for why she behaves the way she does after the accident.  That was really insightful and I could see it addressing some of the issues you mentioned!

3 hours ago, ChunSungIm said:

The script reading instagram post - is it just me or is the scene where she's hanging on the tree talking in the mic different than the one shown in the episode + the episode's epilogue?  Here we see RJH looking around side to side to see if she's talking to someone in-person.

Also what's the deal with script reading sessions- do they do this for every episode or just the first one to break the ice among the cast?

Side note-

I think this drama is so enjoyable because it does not dwell too much on side plots of supporting characters.  While those can make great stories (and sometimes it's the intent of the drama to showcase these stories), it detracts from the main leads' story line, sometimes at the expense of the impact the leads' story has!  These are scenes likely to be fast-forwarded for example.  Anyway, CLOY's formula works well!

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Dana T said:

I totally agree...HB could have a literal bowl on his head &look hot! Lol . I didn't see CA but I have seen images& I also agree his rugged look with facial hair....sexy! Bowl cut, swept back, clean shaven or rough look it's just the many sides of HB to love!

I prefer rugged and more masculine looks in men (too much make up or styled hair is a bit turn off for me), HB was so thin for my liking in Confidential assignment but still was very cool with his masculine styling. I highly recommend you to watch that movie, it's the best!! Too much HB talking for CLOY thread, i am sorry:sweatingbullets:

10 hours ago, 123mary123 said:

Spoiler

I think this guy will start getting big roles in the future.

I read an article saying that the actor who acts as Park Gwangbeom in CLOY will be playing as a male lead with ioi Sohye in Contract Friendship (KBS). It is great achievement for him to be male lead this soon! Good luck to him in his future projects. I expect other CLOY members, particularly F4, will be talked for a long time even after the drama finish. I hope they will get great roles in the future as they deserve:heart:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks!
  • Like 10

16 minutes ago, lavanta said:

I prefer rugged and more masculine looks in men (too much make up or styled hair is a bit turn off for me), HB was so thin for my liking in Confidential assignment but still was very cool with his masculine styling. I highly recommend you to watch that movie, it's the best!! Too much HB talking for CLOY thread, i am sorry:sweatingbullets:

I read an article saying that the actor who acts as Park Gwangbeom in CLOY will be playing as a male lead with ioi Sohye in Contract Friendship (KBS). It is great achievement for him to be male lead this soon! Good luck to him in his future projects. I expect other CLOY members, particularly F4, will be talked for a long time even after the drama finish. I hope they will get great roles in the future as they deserve:heart:

I have been wanting to watch CA but haven't been able to find it...any ideas where to stream? I finally rented Negotiation on Amazon...really good!

• Like 5

Hi! So I just finished episode 10. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and opinions.

I read some of them and I wanted to say, "I agree with you!" But I don't think I'm good at sharing my thoughts and opinions. But I'll try.

My thoughts:

I am happy to be on this journey with Se-ri and Jeong Hyeok. I wanted to say that I don't think  Se-ri's family cares about her. I think Jeong Hyeok(Captain Ri), the soldiers with him, and the people she lived with cared about her more. I think all of the actors on Crash Landing on You are amazing actors. I think Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin are so amazing. I think they act with their feelings. I can feel every emotion that Hyun Bin is feeling. I think his eyes tell you what he is thinking and feeling. I was curious about his acting. I don't believe I am disappointed. I think I should look at his other works. I believe Son Ye Jin is beautiful and talented. I love the way she acts in her role. Whenever she cries, I feel like crying too. I will try to look at her other works too. 

On 1/29/2020 at 10:37 AM, hibiscus23 said:

I can't wait for the next epi......it's a torture!!! :dissapointed_relieved:

I can't wait either! I agreee! This is torture!!!

I'm sorry. I don't think my thoughts are good enough. I wish I could say more about the drama! 

Edit: I think I said Crashing Landing on You! I wanted to say Crash Landing on You! Sorry!

Edited by 2handsintertwined
  • Like 12

18 hours ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

Iirc currently they have around thousands different vocabularies due to the division. That's why sometimes RJH and the gang don't understand certain slang terms. Though they may not be aware in vocab differences, the accents are very noticeably different tbvh. I think the drama has been quite accurate (though some things are exaggerated or missing) in portraying North Korea, down to the accent. 

@luvcrabbieshinhwa Thank you so much for your reply!! I almost lost it because the conversations move so fast lol

It's great to see that they think about the details like languages, it adds to the realism of the story (even if Seri was blown to North Korea by a tornado...) 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Prueksachittham said:

oh my gosh!

someone just shared this picture of RJH and YSR. Actually SYJ and HB in student uniforms. So cute. I want to see them play the reminisc scenes when they were kids. Ha ha ha. 

left: SYJ in movie The Classic (2003)

right: HB in drama Friend, Our Legend (2009) — he was great in it

For tv dramas, SYJ was excellent in 2006 SBS drama “Alone in Love’; she won best actress (TV) at Baeksang Arts Awards for her performance there. She went on and won best actress (film) for ‘My Wife Got Married’ in 2009 and again in 2017 with ‘The Last Princess’.

kp1_070425106900.jpg?type=w540

[2007 Baeksang Arts Awards] Best TV Actor & Actress Kim Myung-min (White Tower) & Son Ye-jin (Alone in Love)

NISI20070425_0004277173_web.jpg?type=w540

TV부문 최우수 연기상 수상한 김명민과 손예진

[2009 Baeksang Arts Awards] Best Film Actress Son Ye-jin (My Wife Got Married)
200902280344231001_1.jpg

[2017 Baeksang Arts Awards] Best Film Actress Son Ye-jin (The Last Princess)

[백상예술대상] 송강호-손예진, ‘밀정’과 ‘덕혜옹주’로 영화부문 최우수 연기상 수상

• Like 14
  • Love 1

While waiting for the new episode, I want to share what i like in CLOY besides the main leads :) 

1. Exceptional story: I watched LoFTBS by the same writer but it didn't impress me (tbh i couldn't even finish it) like CLOY did. I have to applaud the writer for analysing every single thing and doing her research before creating this masterpiece. Each and every dialogue has been written with extensive care so they bring many emotion within us very easily. 

2. Reference to other dramas: As far as i know they parodied Sky Castle and (maybe MOA? the hospital scene) it was hilarious :lol: I loved how Young Ae unnie was bragging about her son and his teacher Kim Joo Young but there was great plot twist as her son was a horrible student :lol:

3. I love the second leads as they are both very realistic people (i was scared a bit because Seo Dan might have been shown as a vengeful ex-girlfriend but thank God they did not). GSJ was one of the people who helped Seri staying alive first he did it unintentionally but later he went against CCK and made his own plan by proposing a fake marriage to Seri. Later on he charged Seo Dan to take action and even this protected Seri from CCK. So directly and indirectly he was involved in protecting Seri too many times. Also he was the one told who Seri the reality of their situation and he was right everything he said! Seo Dan is very pragmatist maybe even more than GSJ. I believe she never loved RJH (the high school love doesn't convince me much), she was heart broken because she had expectations of him as they were engaged for a long time but lost her dreams because of another woman. As GSJ said they can learn alot from each other. They have great chemistry. I hope we will get to see their progress in to love more. 

4. F4-the ducklings and Ajummas: No need to say more :heart:

5. The contrasts: I love how the writer shows the contrasts between cultures and people, most of the time it creates great comedic results. For example Seo Dan's mother:lol: She is hilarious. She is the most Americanised person both in South and North given the fact that she lives in one of the most anti-American country. JH's father; he is so upright and strict but he has a soft spot for his son although he probably never showed his son. His reaction to lovely dovely couple was hilarious:lol:  

6. Exceptional acting: No need to say that every one of the actors and actresses in the drama are absolutely fantastic in conveying their thoughts and emotions to us. Even the comical characters are not written too shallow like many k-drama, audience can relate to everyone in this drama. One of the reasons i couldn't finish LoTBS was because characters beside the main leads were too shallow almost to a point like caricature. And i was sceptical before watching this drama as i was expecting the same thing from the writer but i am so happy that she proved me wrong! Moreover there is no idol in this drama, i don't want to offend any one who like idol actors but in my opinion their acting are (most of the time) so bland. 

There are more things that i like about the drama but for know i will keep it short :) I don't have any patience left until the weekend, i am dying to watch the new episode but i am also upset that we only have 6 episode left. I wish we had at least 20 episodes :tears: 

• Like 16
  • Love 4