[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

25 minutes ago, AnnieCheesecake said:

Ppl did you saw the article saying that the “Christian Liberal Party” has sue TvN for glorifying NK??? I’m concerned about if they could put off the episodes or even cancel the show :cry:.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1379011wpp/christian-liberal-party-sues-tvn-for-glorifying-north-korea-in-crash-landing-on-you

Maybe you can backtrack few pages. Korea will be having general election this April so i believe this conservative party is taking advantage about this drama just to make a rant. The title is bit misleading. The party just submitted the police report to sue tvN but nothing has been confirmed yet. I still believe they richard simmons up if they get some money from tvN. 

Let’s trust that tvN has taken all this stuffs into account and they already has some counter measures plan bout it. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Hi! Just dropping by and saying hiya! Also enjoying CLOY and reading this thread. You guys are close to reaching 200 pages and I’m lazy backtracking. Thanks for all the entertaining information so far. Sad to hear about the Conservative Party and Christian Liberal Party complaining about how this drama depicts NK. Well, politics is politics and April is the election in SK. 

Anyhow, I found out that CLOY wasn’t going to be on this weekend and I was a bit sad. But I’m enjoying binge watching other dramas on VIKI, nonetheless. 

Back to hiding! I’ll be enjoying all your posts thus far. 

Happy Lunar New Year to those who celebrate it :) 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, sharluvsenergy said:

We are in the same boat! I had a dream about them 2 nights ago but it wasn't so innocent. Hahaha! I dreamt about how they shared Seri's bed in ep 11 and they were spooning with Seri lying on Junghyuk's arm.

I hope this is not too much for the thread. Hur hur~ xP

Word of the day: SPOONING :naughty:

Seriously, TVN you gotta fix CLOY fast. Our Comrades here are setting Soompi on fire, Hur Hur Hur!

May the Heavens save our Soul :mrgreen:

• Like 3
  • LOL 9

Interesting read. North Korean review of the drama... its interesting to see the similarities from the real NK

https://www.koreaboo.com/stories/north-korean-youtuber-shares-whats-real-in-crash-landing-k-drama/

"captains like Hyun Bin do not exist in North Korea"...Lol:joy:

filming sightings 

bringing JH to shopping??? Maybe JH makeover is in the works:D

• Like 6
  • LOL 10

2 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

Staring at Hyun Bin in that uniform

I could understand why there is an accusation thing going on. I mean, Hyun Bin has made North Korean officer uniform looking way more appealing than South Korean ones imo. He has also twice (here and in Confidential Assignment)  gives me a very false impression about how cool and handsome and wonderful NK officers are. The worse of it is I when I prefer this honorable, serious guy than the playful male character in Descendant of The Sun (I cant even remember his name).  And yes, I am aware of my unpopular opinion :) Argh, guess I'm too old-school. 

Regarding this post:

https://www.koreaboo.com/stories/north-korean-youtuber-shares-whats-real-in-crash-landing-k-drama/

Kang Nara shared that she actually had a chance to advise the Crash Landing On You production team on certain North Korean facts and that about 60% of the show’s portrayal of North Korea is accurate.

And the curtains… The richer families in North Korea like to show off their wealth by adding lace curtains to their windows. So that was pretty well portrayed… And the kimchi cave! Since rural North Korea doesn’t get electricity, they don’t have refrigerators. They have kimchi caves where they store kimchi and that was also recreated well.

...It’s called saseukke when a woman has her hair down. People will comment on it, like ‘That saseukke of a weirdo’ or whatever. It’s considered unacceptable to have your hair down and wild like this. So everyone wears it in a ponytail. That’s why there is a scene that shows Hyun Bin tying Son Ye Jin’s hair. Yeah… Having your hair down is considered a sign of capitalism and not allowed

>>how awesome is that our writer-nim and production team paid attention to these details? We are watching a very high quality drama in terms of investment and preparation guys. Let's not let the negative news like the accusation spread and affect the effort of these hard working people. :)

• Like 14
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, liltash85 said:

Maybe you can backtrack few pages. Korea will be having general election this April so i believe this conservative party is taking advantage about this drama just to make a rant. The title is bit misleading. The party just submitted the police report to sue tvN but nothing has been confirmed yet. I still believe they richard simmons up if they get some money from tvN. 

Let’s trust that tvN has taken all this stuffs into account and they already has some counter measures plan bout it. 

I hope that, I'm cheering for the best,all the crew/actors and staff were working so hard on this drama to everything get simply throw away like that. :tired:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, liltash85 said:

I would dare say that anything or anyone that is trending will get the hate. As someone had said before, they are riding on the popularity of CLOY.

I am sure they will drag the actors in this too.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Phoenix88 said:

"captains like Hyun Bin do not exist in North Korea"...Lol

The best reply should be there is not even captains like Hyun Bin in South Korea!

I think the photo was not taken recently, maybe a few days ago. Seri’s clothes look like what was worn in previous spoilers.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

18 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

I would dare say that anything or anyone that is trending will get the hate. As someone had said before, they are riding on the popularity of CLOY.

I am sure they will drag the actors in this too.

That' what a fear the most that they'll try to make the actors look dirt with those comments.

I don't want to see more hateful comments towards Yejin (or anyone on this drama) :dissapointed_relieved:.

• Like 6

The actors/actresses of "Crash Landing on You" is doing very well with their acting. They are able to portray what would be a dreary and gloomy life on the other side and were able to make it lighthearted. The storyline is fiction after all  although details of  real life  used and recreated  were reseached very well. 

The impact of a drama is very relative and is not the same for all viewers so one cannot say that life on the other side is being glorified.

Because if you think about it realistically, what kind of life would you rather have? There are only 2 sides to choose from. In reality, when hardship comes to fore no matter how much two people love each other, love diminishes and before you know it, it is gone. Life is hard and everyone knows it. Good if you come from a well off family, but riches can be gone before you know it due to mismanagement and splurging.

What more if a person comes from a well off family and then suddenly becomes dirt poor. At first they will do their best to adapt. But for how long will they really last? So in the end, when you are burdened with no means to provide for your loved ones, and fall into debt without any recourse, hell breaks loose.

This drama is interesting in itself, I just hope that the real world does not politicize it and ruin the viewers' love of watching dramas in general.

I hope the writers and the production staff as well as all the actors/actresses continue to do their job well and give us the viewers a beauriful and well remembered drama for its merits.:blush: And of course a beautiful heart wrenching fluttering ending.

• Like 13
  • Love 4

On 1/22/2020 at 5:24 PM, jamy47 said:

I'm from Canada so i'm not going to pretend that i understand well the dynamic currently between North and South Korea but i think the main problem here for some conservative people in South Korea is how human and romantic they made North Korea as a whole.

I commented earlier how well the writers created this little fictional wold for North Korea and it was so well done that i wanted Seri to remain in North Korea to build a future with JH and i still want that. I find the entire setting romantic and more entertaining than South Korea and that's what i think angers some people in SK because themselves they saw the appeal and they are mad because it's a fantasy world that still can attract and influence the opinion of their residents in South Korea who are young and easily influenced. I understand this point of view but i find it selfish and oppressive. People should have the freedom in art and in the beginning of each episode it says clearly that it's a FICTIONAL world, they put that notice because they KNEW some people would be offended by the way they chose to portray North Korea.

Let me also begin with the disclaimer that as a Canadian, I also do not have the full grasp of the political tension between the SK and NK. Everything that I am about to say is purely as a drama consumer who is watching this political rift between NK and SK as purely a spectator.

What I do not understand is how someone living in the comforts of a "first word/developed world" would have the desire to live in NK. How is it that this drama is deemed to be "glamorizing" NK, when they've shown nothing but the political unrest/corruption in their government, lack of technological advancements, the poverty suffered by the citizens and even showed the shortage of daily necessities that "normal" people outside of NK have access to. For example: how can someone find it "glamorous" to go to NK when you're risking getting your car's windshield wiper be stolen by just merely parking it or not having refrigerator to store your food or as Seri has pointed out, having to heat up bath water in the cauldron when she has unlimited hot water in SK. If anything, if you really go deeper, this drama re-iterated the massive inequality that North Koreans suffer. Under a communistic regime, this drama emphasized that those who have the socioeconomic upper-hand are free to do whatever their want, while those born in poverty are left to suffer.

As jamy47 pointed out, the conservatives in SK are protesting against this drama due to their fear that South Koreans would have a romanticized view of NK. It is a fair argument. However, I would argue that this presumption is a disservice to the intelligence of its South Korean audience. These SK conservatives are essentially sending the message that they need to protect their citizens from a FICTITIOUS world because they are too naive and gullible to not be able to discern between fiction and reality.

Anyways, I am not worried about this. This is not the first time a tVN drama has had to deal with such a complaint. Plus, I am pretty sure that the production team had the foresight to prepare for this knowing that they would be tackling a politically sensitive matter. If this actually leads to arbitration, tVN could easily win this by arguing that they have a disclaimer in the beginning of every episodes that what they are about to see are FICTITIOUS. I am just irked when people politicize art. I watch dramas as an escape from my already politicized reality, I do not need it injected into my dramas.:angry:

• Like 13
  • Insightful 3

Wow this thread is moving so fast, it’s hard to keep up!! It’s going to move at lighting speed once we get our epic kiss (if we do but I am hopeful!!)! Maybe even a little more then a kiss? ;)

Always great visiting to help pass the time until the next episode! Thanks everyone for constantly sharing things. 

Can’t wait to see more JH/SR and the F5. How much fun it’s going to be :D

• Like 8

Guys! Because of these following news about being sued, I am really scared of this show being cancelled. Please someone tell me it might be true or not. Is this thing that serious enough? I really don't understand about this. I thought South Korea is a democratic country.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, campanulah said:

The mystery of Ri Jeong Hyuk's missing North Korean Eternal Leaders' portrait pin:

RJH wasn't wearing it when he and Se Ri were in the elevator after the unfortunate encounter with Seo Dan.

Then the pin made a cameo at dinner with his parents and Dan and her mom. Maybe he's required to wear it when his father is around.

But the pin was missing when he said goodbye to his dad at the hotel driveway. Bad, Mr. Ri. You're at the mighty presence of the third most powerful man in North Korea.

The pin was still missing when he was following Se Ri and JS walking down the streets of Pyongyang.

Reveal hidden contents

eweHPL3.png

Ironically, this was the scene where a Pyongyang guard was checking them if they were wearing the portrait pin.

Reveal hidden contents

D5CeuuM.png [/spoiler]

Pin still MIA when they were ordering food at the restaurant.

Reveal hidden contents

Rsfe7pu.png

Surprise! Their order of chicken and beer was served with the red portrait pin. It's now back on RJH's lapel.

Reveal hidden contents

29uL599.png

And it stayed right there for the rest of the evening eavesdropping on Se Ri's "I like it" confession to RJH. 

Reveal hidden contents

ILLOBnh.png

Hi,  I was just re-watching this episode (at home sick and bored with CNY:sweatingbullets:), my observation is, the pin is on his Navy blue inner jacket (the one he's wearing during dinner), the jacket he wore in the elevator and bidding his dad farewell is the long Black over coat. Then when JH is drinking beer with SR, he has only his inner jacket, the pin is on his jacket again.

I also notice the Pyongyang guard has his pin in his inner jacket too, he lifted his over coat to show SJ his pin when he was asking them about it.

So i think,  the production team did pay attention to details... the pin was just under the Long over coat JH is wearing. :D

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1