• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
0ly40

[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

I just wanna  drop by andsay, great drama... and happy the next episodes are about her life in Seoul and she will show him how she lives....  :)

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Nesseri said:

I watched the preview of episode 11 again, and I notice that Seri's scarf was with Jeong Hyeok, there's this part where he is taking it off after (or was it before?) Seri asked him to get comfortable.. hmm, what has happened prior to that? Imagining another romantic encounter LOL (this ahjumma and her wild imagination)

In this spoiler pics, SR isn't wearing it. It could be that SR takes it off in the cafe and he takes it when he's leaving.

Or maybe she gives to him because she wish he covers his face because the paparazzis?

I was watching again the preview, and I think JH and SR could be seeing some news about SR and a handsome man maybe in... dispatch?

final_5e28614bc9bff40015ed639c_168576.gi

Credit: By.gasna

• Like 16
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, Prueksachittham said:

I doubt that there will be any super hot skin ship or kissing scene because look at how HB and SYJ said during the hospital kissing scene. I could not believe that she said that it is really hard. I wonder what is so diffucult? They did a lot of love scenes in previous dramas. 

Guess what? I know why. Ha ha Ha 

I interpreted SYJ's comment a little differently - thought she was just drained from a hard day of work. She looked tired and face puffy from crying. In the BTS, most of us can see that in the few shots offered to us they are kissing. I think it is more bad angles and lighting … or perhaps the director knows what beats to hit in order for the audience to continue yearning for more.

On a side note: There is a photo of this hospital kiss floating around social media. SYJ has her eyes closed and HB is looking at her going in for a kiss. It is such an intimate photo, imo.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Elle R said:

On a side note: There is a photo of this hospital kiss floating around social media. SYJ has her eyes closed and HB is looking at her going in for a kiss. It is such an intimate photo, imo.

Can you share the link? Looks like there are bunch of thirsty middle aged women in this forum; myself included 

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

On CLOY's filming delays...

This is just a theory, but any other screenwriting/film studies friends out there? One of the golden rules of screenwriting is to "cut in and cut out", meaning don't waste time telling me how Jeong Hyuk gets from A to B. Every scene has a purpose; just go ahead and tell it straight and cut out once you're done. Park Ji Eun is a master at this, look at how few seconds she spent on Mu Hyeok's funeral. It was powerful, emotive--and less than thirty seconds. The flashbacks are perfect, not draggy and convey the point immediately.

But this also means that each episode has many more scenes. I'd reckon that CLOY has at least 15-20% more scenes than your typical drama. Many of the scenes are short. That's also why the story moves so damned fast. But it also means...the director and production team have a lot more scenes to shoot...

Anyone else noticed...?

@stroppyse I saw your comments on the conservative backlash and I've been discussing this a lot with my friends in S Korea. My friends in the film/artistic industries roll their eyes and say "normal, what did you expect", my conservative friends say "this show is delusional" and "this is why I never watch local dramas". So, I don't really think this is bridging the huuuuge divide much at all...

• Like 13
  • Insightful 3

I know the kisses are kinda lame in CLOY, but let me try to justify them :D 

Spoiler

So in Episode 2 we see the house inspection, which is a completely ridiculous process that actually happened in communistic regimes in some countries, and we can see a guy hiding under the bed and a girl trying to hide in the closet. Now I get what they were hinting on, but the whole scene was extremely unsettling for me, as it portrays a very specific mentality of the society - sex is not allowed and shamed for, there's no such thing as privacy. This scene actually set up the rules. A fun fact, in the country where I'm from, it's a running joke that there was no sex during communism. This is mostly due to harsh censorship and mentality. You can see the light version of it demonstrated in CLOY. And i saw some comments that both of them resemble teenagers when it comes to relationship, but I think it actually suits the NK background. 

Now let's go back to the kiss. KISS #1 - JH was truly embarrassed, he actually asked if it was ok to kiss SR. It was sweet and simple but it was also important, because guess what - the move itself is extremely bold as we saw the social norms for any sexual display in NK earlier. But I really liked the way that kiss was shot. It showed the desperation of JH's action, it was bold.

The second kiss - gratitude. Again, I liked the way this kiss was almost fragile for both of them, he is in the hospital, she is crying. It's not a hot, happy kiss. Plus later we found out that the nurse was watching them -remember, there's no privacy there. And the kiss was shot from somewhat afar, again, it's a bold move to kiss someone outside the NK's hospital. While not publishable, it's definitely frowned upon.
And kiss #3. We have another desperate kiss, not a happy one. Not a feel good one. Such close ups almost made me uncomfortable, because it's such an intimate moment, it's not even important to see their lips touching, they are never going to see each other again. That's it. And I liked how jH wanted to stick to the "handshake". He will have to live remembering this kiss. So I think that again, because they are still in the area where it's possible they are being watched. They are still too close to NK. So this is why we can't see this passionate kiss, we just see what they see - a proper goodbye.

Overall, I'm curious to see what kiss awaits us in SK, we can see that JH's style changes. /even though I will miss his military uniform/ but maybe the style of kisses will change as well? 

And hey, maybe those fan pics we saw from the shooting of Ep11 means that the director actually saw our comments and decided to refilm the opening kissing scene? 

• Like 11
  • LOL 4
  • Thanks 1

@Favnia Regarding the house inspector catching the man and woman doing it, I think the problem had more to do with cheating than having sex. If I remember correctly, one of the ajummahs admonished the guy because his wife was working hard elsewhere and there he was sleeping with another woman. 

So the above is in the context of CLOY Kdrama land, not sure what’s the real situation in NK. I wonder how strict is NK about issues on sex and sexuality. In the show, no one bat an eyelid that JH and SR were living together in one house before their ‘marriage’. I wonder if that is acceptable in NK. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 3

All I know is that I will be spending the Lunar New Year marathoning all of the episodes.

This drama is just too good. And Oh my God, when he stepped over the line to kiss her before she left, I almost died.

Actually my favorite part was her being at his parent's house. When he arrived and the two of them were talking, and SR was worried asking what happened to his face. He was talking back to her so gently, you could see the shock on his parent's faces. They had NEVER seen this side of him. I knew then that SD stood no chance of ever marrying this man. He already belonged to SR.

Then SR playing the song he wrote for his brother, wow that was an emotional scene. Her epic comeback to SK. I really loved her reuniting with her co-workers that kept looking for her. I kind of figured we wouldn't get episodes this weekend due to the holiday, so I will just go back and start from the beginning. I know there are some things that I missed. 

Happy Lunar New Year Everyone!

• Like 18

9 minutes ago, Keroppi said:

@Favnia Regarding the house inspector catching the man and woman doing it, I think it is more to do with cheating than having sex. If I remember correctly, one of the ajummahs admonished the guy because his wife was working hard elsewhere and there he was sleeping with another woman. 

Yeah, I understood that part. Sorry, should've been more clear. But in what kind of society a house inspector is involved in the relationship of a wife and a husband? Even if he's cheating. That's the part that made me more uncomfortable than the cheating.

Oh, and i think the same ajummah questioned them staying in the house together, but JH said she's tired and this is why she's staying in his house. It was brief though 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, GlowWithTheFlow said:

Can you share the link? Looks like there are bunch of thirsty middle aged women in this forum; myself included 

@GlowWithTheFlow Here it is... it does look so intimate the way he is looking at Seri while her eyes were closed:kiss_wink:

• Like 8
  • Love 9

I don’t like NB, but here you go:

TV: 'Crash Landing On You' continues to field debate on its depiction of North Korea

Wednesday, January 22, 2020  crash landing on you, korean dramas, tv  No comments

202001221748523450733_20200122182354_01.jpg

Article: "Glamorizing North Korea vs Fantasy" 'Crash Landing On You' reported for violating law that forbids pro-North activities

Source: Herald Pop via Nate

1. [+2,710, -465] Well it's not a drama that's appropriate for the current times

2. [+2,312, -334] Yes, it's just a drama... but you don't realize how little things like this can actually influence a person's idea of something... I support creative freedom but this went too far.

3. [+2,202, -407] To better understand, think of it this way... imagine if someone produced a drama with IU in a love story with a Japanese soldier... get it?

4. [+193, -15] The drama is totally glamorizing North Korea, though. The point of the plot is that Son Ye Jin is tired of being surrounded by her life of the old rich and capitalism so she falls in love with the human quality of North Korean society. But in reality, the North has nothing... no human quality, no anything. Just look at the clips of North Korea from CNN, the comparison of the reality to this drama is staggering. What I'm saying is that the US or the UK would never create a drama where their citizen falls in love with the leader of the Taliban or IS because they know what kind of influence the media holds...

5. [+178, -72] "It's just a drama" ㅋㅋㅋ then why not just produce another drama where Hyun Bin is the son of pro-Japanese ancestors and Son Ye Jin is the daughter of independence fighters? Is that just a drama too?

6. [+136, -19] The drama went too far for it to just be considered a drama anymore

7. [+110, -164] So many fools who can't seem to differentiate between reality and drama

8. [+91, -11] Drama or movie, we must never glamorize North Korea like this

9. [+71, -5] Apparently there's even a bar with a 'Pyongyang concept' in Hongdae now... I just don't get it

10. [+48, -4] Everyone keeps defending this saying it's just a drama but I know you'd all be up in arms if there was a drama glamorizing the Japanese occupation. North Korea has never once apologized to our country so I don't get why we're so lenient about them.

https://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2020/01/tv-crash-landing-on-you-continues-to.html

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 2

every time I see close up to  this handsome face my heart :love:

5e287e2bbbd2d013777575.gif?download

5e287e4a6d21f862704800.gif?download

• Like 10
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 1

1 minute ago, Favnia said:

Yeah, I understood that part. Sorry, should've been more clear. But in what kind of society a house inspector is involved in the relationship of a wife and a husband? Even if he's cheating. That's the part that made me more uncomfortable than the cheating.

I agree with you that it should be no one’s business but I guess this is what happens in a society ruled by dictatorship.

If you want to instill fear in people and control them, you control every aspect of their lives from their clothing, books they’re reading, to more private aspects of their lives. 

I am glad the military dictatorship in my country ended a few months before I was born because a life like this is not a life at all. 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, c Cinc said:

Am I alone, that I actually like the progression of their kissing scenes? I thought that they actually did a great job tailoring the "type of kissing" they showed, proportionate to the situation. For the first kiss, we got the k-drama staple, wide-eyed kiss. Second, the rain kiss scene. I thought it was beautifully done. It was their first legitimate kiss as two people officially aware of their blossoming feelings for each other. It was a spur of the moment, very tender and gentle kiss, but filled with apprehension and consternation. At that moment, the ever upright and disciplined RJH, could no longer deny his feelings for Se Ri and allowed himself to express it. Albeit, as we saw in his kiss, still very controlled. That kiss was very much a great description of where their relationship stood. They both had mutual feelings for each other, but given the circumstances, they needed to hold back. And of course, the most recent law defying kiss was still very appropriate to the situation. Given that in their minds, it was their LAST kiss, RJH gave a very deep kiss. Full of longing and sadness. Yet, RJH still remained in character, it was gentle, respectful and pure, yet passionate. Frankly, it would have been out of character and place if they shared a torrid kiss then. Also, a "hot" kiss would have probably diminished the sombreness of their farewell.

However, now that RJH is in SK, and would seem to be staying with Seri, I am expecting for more sexual tension and lustful interactions. As others have mentioned, I am expecting the overflowing sexual tension depicted in Oh My Venus. I am no longer going to accept gentle kisses from here on. :D As I have mentioned, their kisses have been very apt with the trajectory of their relationship, so far. Now that they are in the honeymoon period of their relationship, I am now expecting passionate, hot and lustful kisses. :lol:

Absolutely agree with you!! Very well done both of them demonstrated the feeling at each scene. Indeed it was very hard :):)

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Keroppi said:

I am glad the military dictatorship in my country ended a few months before I was born because a life like this is not a life at all. 

It's the same for me!!Communism literally ended the same year i was born. 

And hey, just to keep it cloy-related, I think they did a pretty good job for a kdrama portraying this society. Some of the decore made me laugh because of how familiar it is - for example, a carpet on the wall was a huge thing back then...

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

1 hour ago, justamom said:

But this also means that each episode has many more scenes. I'd reckon that CLOY has at least 15-20% more scenes than your typical drama. Many of the scenes are short. That's also why the story moves so damned fast. But it also means...the director and production team have a lot more scenes to shoot...

Anyone else noticed...?

Yes, I noticed it as well. Although the editor has done a fantastic job for some outstanding scenes, you can notice some editing issues (particularly because this drama only utilises a single camera setup).

Anyway, one thing that is unrealistic for me:

Had I met RJH on the street, I would have ogled him. I wouldn’t just walk away, that’s not possible. Those people in Gangnam were unreal!!

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

1 hour ago, GlowWithTheFlow said:

This is the stuff that makes me swoon.

• Like 8
  • Love 1