[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

1 hour ago, TotoroSY said:

Phew, this thread really FLIES! Just not long ago, everyone was chasing to reach page 100 and now it's already page 172!!

Was just rewatching ep 9 and tears came again at the scene of the ducklings and Seri watching the mountains while they say good bye. As soon as the OST "The song you and I used to sing" came on, I felt all emotional. This must be my favorite OST of CLOY so far (though I love all of them). It just move me so much, as it's sounds old-school about love, friendship and separation, all in one.

As for that "kiss" that everyone's waiting for, I gotta laugh at all your funny discussions LOL!! Let's see if writer-nim and director-nim will fulfill all your wishes!

About HB's showing of his muscles and upper body, I only just realise that he's one of the few top-leading korean actors who have not (or hardly) do that on screen!! Others like Gong Yoo, Ji Chang Wook, Kim Soh Hyun, etc etc. always have that special shower scene with top body shown, but not HB!! Wonder if that's one of his requirement and clause in the contract?? Maybe he's too shy to show his body lol!!

Actually he worked out for his role Capt Ri Jeong Hyeok just like Song Joong Ki for DOTS, so his body like a soldier *fit and muscular

Fans have Now Found How Much Hyun Bin has Built Muscles for His Role 'Ri Junghyuk' in 'Crash Landing on You'

large_230718d34654868f4ef6f78d97f242955d

Actors work hard for their roles.

So does Hyun Bin. As you might have known, the actor has recently been receiving much love for his role in 'Crash Landing on You.' Hyun Bin plays the role of Ri Junghyuk, a North Korean soldier who falls in love with a South Korean conglomerate Yoon Seri (played by Son Yejin). 

Of course, his acting skills are noticeable but it is his upgraded body that caught viewers' eyes. Hyun Bin looks 180 degrees different from when he appeared in 'Memories of the Alhambra.' 

He captured hearts with his slim figure back then, but now, he has taken it to another level with his ripped body.

Let's compare Hyunbin's two characters below!

Hyun Bin in 'Memories of the Alhambra'

1579587409385-528549_194993_914.jpg

1579587436940-99C4A8365C12078C02.gif

Spoiler

1579587417539-539475_208291_1810.jpg

Hyun Bin in 'Crash Landing on You'

Spoiler

1579587627541-SentimentalSevereFlounder-

1579587639408-WarmSecretCaterpillar-size

1579587649417-WhirlwindAngelicAbyssinian

1579587678257-79CB9C1F-75A4-4A11-8069-BF

https://www.kstarlive.com/news/2020/01/21/actor-hyunbin-built-muscles-for-his-new-role-ri-junghyuk-in-crash-landing-on-you-323560

yeah son ye jin is lucky :D

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 images in spoiler tags! Also, please credit the owner of the gifs!
  • Like 16
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, Site Admin said:

I honestly think this is his peak shape, body wise. He had a frail (almost androgynous) build with his past dramas, especially in Secret Garden. The heroine looked more masculine than him :D.

In CLOY, however, he is in his hottest form. Yet we haven't seen even a shadow of his bare arms.

Hyun Bin said he worked out for this role yet all the evidence of it is covered in turtle necks and long sleeves. Those biceps should be immortalized in .gifs and .jpegs before he goes back to his formerly slim, lean body structure.

@Site Admin in secret garden he purposely lost weight for his role so that he would look less manly when the body switch would happen :D he lost 8 kilos

And yes i really love his body now!!! :wub:

• Like 12

8 hours ago, kimsabu said:

OH MY. WHAT IS THIS

Well, the plot of the drama itself is indeed controversial in the first place so I wasn't that surprised if anyone files a complaint. 

But c'mon, isn't this the reason why every beginning of each episodes has a disclaimer that everything in this drama is fictional. 

Anyways, I found this on twitter. credits to the owner. 

83360724_187183579148452_780936069868473

Can someone explain how beautifying North kKorea is a bad thing? I thought SK and NK are already in good terms (politically speaking)? 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 4
  • Unamused 2
  • Confused 4

5 hours ago, ChunSungIm said:

Actually he worked out for his role Capt Ri Jeong Hyeok just like Song Joong Ki for DOTS, so his body like a soldier *fit and muscular

Fans have Now Found How Much Hyun Bin has Built Muscles for His Role 'Ri Junghyuk' in 'Crash Landing on You'

Actors work hard for their roles.

So does Hyun Bin. As you might have known, the actor has recently been receiving much love for his role in 'Crash Landing on You.' Hyun Bin plays the role of Ri Junghyuk, a North Korean soldier who falls in love with a South Korean conglomerate Yoon Seri (played by Son Yejin). 

Of course, his acting skills are noticeable but it is his upgraded body that caught viewers' eyes. Hyun Bin looks 180 degrees different from when he appeared in 'Memories of the Alhambra.' 

He captured hearts with his slim figure back then, but now, he has taken it to another level with his ripped body.

Let's compare Hyunbin's two characters below!

Hyun Bin in 'Memories of the Alhambra'

Hide contents

Hyun Bin in 'Crash Landing on You'

Hide contents

https://www.kstarlive.com/news/2020/01/21/actor-hyunbin-built-muscles-for-his-new-role-ri-junghyuk-in-crash-landing-on-you-323560

yeah son ye jin is lucky :D

YES, I've also read about how HB worked out to build his body for this role. But but but....why isn't he showing it to audience!!! Just some teasers via those somewhat tight-fitting long-sleeves t-shirts....Maybe he is reserving it for when JH goes to South Korea!! LOL!!

Wow, that GIF from MOA!! His face is really like a sculpture!! I remember this scene in Secret Garden when he snugged into HJW's room and hugged her in bed. The camera kept showing close-up of his face, and even panning from his eyes to his nose and mouth - and he was just PERFECT!! It's now wonder the director and cameraman want to focus on his face, even more than the female lead hahaha!!

The CLOY GIF above shows his ripped muscles underneath that long-sleeve tee...... will we ever get to see the real deal? Hehehe!!

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 6
  • LOL 4

45 minutes ago, Fangirlingislife said:

@Site Admin in secret garden he purposely lost weight for his role so that he would look less manly when the body switch would happen :D he lost 8 kilos

And yes i really love his body now!!! :wub:

I've always wondered why he was SO SKINNY in SG! Didn't know he purposely lost weight for it (8 kilos is a LOT!!). I thot he was not well and stressed during SG filming.

In his first lead drama MNIKSS, he was also very skinny but more like a very young man type of skinniness, but in SG I thot he looked a bit sickly.... Glad he is at much healthier body shape now.

As for SYJ, she looks slim and fit in all the shows I've watched her in. And knowing how she has been doing pilates for past 10 years, it's great that she is also healthy and fit.

They both look so matching together in CLOY, petite and slim SR with tall, and commanding Captain Ri!! The perfect romantic couple!!

I so look forward to see them bickering while being lovey-dovey at the same time in South Korea. Also wonder how JH will feel about SR's super mini outfits lol!!

I also hope the plot will continue to be strong and keep giving us surprises in the story and character development. Just as what happened in the first 10 episodes. This will keep the ratings high and might even achieve the miracle of 22% ratings as what HB hoped for!

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1

Actually in one of the interviews (can't remember which one) he did mentioned he work out his muscles and learning to play piano for his role. But i do notice, his muscles are bigger in 2020 than in 2019 (very obvious in eps 9-10!!) . Seems like he worked out more after he finished shooting in Switzerland and Mongolia. 

• Like 13
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, bibbokiddo said:

Well, the plot of the drama itself is indeed controversial in the first place so I wasn't that surprised if anyone files a complaint. 

But c'mon, isn't this the reason why every beginning of each episodes has a disclaimer that everything in this drama is fictional. 

Anyways, I found this on twitter. credits to the owner. 

Can someone explain how beautifying North kKorea is a bad thing? I thought SK and NK are already in good terms (politically speaking)? 

3 hours ago, kimsabu said:

Orig article: https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20200122131606151

When it’s already the 10th episode, that’s the time they they will complain? Like seriously. :flushed:  Besides it’s a drama with a romcom genre after all. Can’t they just lower the threshold for their sensitivity. 

Not to invalidate Koreans' sentiments on the issue since it's their history and politics, but keep in mind that there is a National Assembly election on April 15, 2020 -- 4 months from now. And there's no better time to flex some political influence than to ride on with CLOY's popularity especially when a politician is using it for media mileage. 

"Beautifying" North Korea's image and "instigating" North Korea are on opposite ends of the spectrum. So I don't understand which one the politician wants to sue the drama for. On one end, beautifying means he thinks that the show is making North Korea look good in the eyes of the South Koreans. This is especially a sensitive issue for generations of SKoreans who grew up believing that since they are at war the North Koreans are monsters (to put it bluntly). On the other end, there is a growing fear that given increased tensions between the two countries these days, the show (as I believe it is premised that RJH will bring down the NK government), might anger KJU and instigate or start a war.  

We're still on episode 10 so we don't know how things pan out until the end. They film as the show airs so they can change narratives as they go along. So far, the show has succeeded in showing the human side of normal N Koreans and viewers have developed fondness and feel human feelings towards the village ahjummas and the 4 ducklings. I think starting from episode 11, it will begin to expose the darker side of the country, one that is perpetrated by the NK government. However the drama will end,  I hope that the writer will be bold and brazen with the drama's conclusion and not succumb to political pressure and give us a lame and safe ending. 

• Like 15
  • Insightful 2

4 hours ago, liltash85 said:

Actually in one of the interviews (can't remember which one) he did mentioned he work out his muscles and learning to play piano for his role. But i do notice, his muscles are bigger in 2020 than in 2019 (very obvious in eps 9-10!!) . Seems like he worked out more after he finished shooting in Switzerland and Mongolia. 

I thot he already learnt to play the piano way back in MNIKSS? Maybe he's brushing up his skills. I saw one BTS video which shows HB has perfect pitch, which means he can identify the key of a musical note just by listening to it being played on the piano. SYJ and HB was so cute and funny in that BTS!

Makes sense that he worked out after Switzerland since that was focusing on the student years of JH and after that he becomes a soldier hence need to show a more muscular body.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

Is anyone going to so a Hyun Bin looks timeline? Or all the outfits in this drama look,? 

I think asking for a HB look is out of topic for this thread. But I sure am up  for a CLOY look. Gif are good since he does look good in anything.

Uniform. Camouflage. Green long sleeve t shirt. Hospital clothes. Ep 8 clothes. Ep 9 turtleneck? Then Seoul clothes.

Did he actually have more than that? Maybe another outfit in ep 9? That's it.

• Like 10

Another article from Seoulbeats

Crash Landing on You, Episodes 1-8: A Different Side to North Korea

01162020_seoulbeats_crashlandingonyou_0-768x506.png
01162020_seoulbeats_crashlandingonyou_2-

The only thing comparable to the tension and drama in K-dramas is the real-life relations between South Korea and North Korea. While there have been promising steps in recent years, it is still difficult for North Koreans and South Koreans to even freely travel into each other countries. 

Link: https://seoulbeats.com/2020/01/crash-landing-on-you-episodes-1-8-a-different-side-to-north-korea/

About HB, if you watch the scenes in Switzerland carefully, you will notice that his body is slightly slimmer compared to recent episodes.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

oppa been covering to his neck in drama & interviews  :joy: I hope he don’t think he is layer of onion we need to discover 16 episodes until we reach his 6 pack :joy:

I'm sure you wrote that imagining HB staring at you intently like he did on gif numer 1. :joy:

• Like 4
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 2

57 minutes ago, TotoroSY said:

I thot he already learnt to play the piano way back in MNIKSS? Maybe he's brushing his skills. I saw one BTS video which shows HB has perfect pitch, which means he can identify the key of a musical note just by listening to it being played on the piano. SYJ and HB was so cute and funny in that BTS!

Makes sense that he worked out after Switzerland since that was focusing on the student years of JH and after that he becomes a soldier hence need to show a more muscular body.

@TotoroSY he learned to play the piano since he was young. Yes he's just brushing his skills since his role is a piano genius :wub: and maybe he hasn't played in a while

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

53 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

Uniform. Camouflage. Green long sleeve t shirt. Hospital clothes. Ep 8 clothes. Ep 9 turtleneck? Then Seoul clothes

after Seoul clothes we should have NO CLOTHES! :w00t:

lol errbady rather thirsty here it seems while passing this drought.

I’ve been spending my time reading the thread from the start and particular mention goes to @KimSooHanMoo thank you so much for all the goodies and tidbits pre-airing of CLOY. So much appreciated and so fun to read although it was a few months ago!

• Like 2
  • LOL 8