[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

With all those BTS images flying around, I wonder whether they would delay the subsequent episodes. They literally shoot scenes 1 week before their air date. 

I don’t know why I am always on top but have nothing to share.

Anyway, my prediction for the upcoming episodes:

Episode 11:

1. SR tells JH about her return to Seoul. Maybe related to her father etc.

2. JH tells SR why he is in SK without mentioning his real motives (aka to catch the evil guy).

3. The evil guy approached SR’s brother (can also be the other way around).

4. SR tells JH about her family issues.

Episode 12:

1. F5 finally meets JH and SR.

2. Shopping time and probably dining with CJW.

3. SR finds out the real reason why JH is in SK.

My expectation: please have a healthy relationship that is appropriate to your age! 

I believe that the rest of the series will not only focus on SR’s family but also the conspiracy behind all the dramas in NK. 

PREVIEW 11:

https://m.tv.naver.com/v/11995405

• Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 7

3 hours ago, Phoenix88 said:

From the looks of this still shots the setting is in Seoul? Maybe in SeRi's office? in the last episode at the epilogue part it is was mentioned that delegates from North Korea military will be participating in the military games. Maybe Jung hyeok will participate in it hence why he's wearing his military uniform in this shot? 

Nope this is a teaser photo

• Like 4

So I was RIGHT afterall! SD's money faced mum is already IMPRESSED with SJ at 1st sight!:lol:

With her obsession with English, she'd SWOON over SJ's British accent! Even thinking about SD's breakup with JH.:blush:

I love Kim Jung Hyun as an actor and his acting here as 2nd lead is comical yet perfect as SJ! 

Not to forget I get to swoon a bit more over my no 1 bias Ha Suk Jin in his military attire unlike those few seconds in other episodes!:love:

• Like 9

15 hours ago, INeedAFan said:

A very interesting article:

[Feature] Love without borders, or nuclear threats?

By Ahn Sung-mi

Published : Jan 20, 2020 - 15:53 
Updated : Jan 20, 2020 - 17:38

South Korean Yoon Se-ri, played by Son Ye-jin (left), and North Korean military official Ri Jung-hyuk, played by Hyun Bin, arrive in Pyongyang in a scene from “Crash Landing on You.” (Studio Dragon)

A chaebol heiress accidentally crashes in North Korea while paragliding. She is rescued by a North Korean military officer who ends up protecting her and risking his life to send her back home to Seoul. Despite the differences in accent, lifestyle, culture, upbringing and ideology, they fall in love. 

“I think this will definitely help many people to be more aware of the lives of people in North Korea,” she said. “Despite everything going on in North Korea, citizens there are human beings too. I hope this will help South Koreans to have an opportunity to understand different cultures and lifestyles and improve their overall understanding of the country.”

Link: http://m.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20200120000655

The wait is torturous. Thankfully TLTW starts this week!

I so agree with this...

The society has become very different in 7 decades they've been apart. There's always hope for reunification among ordinary people (though it's less so at the South), yet so little attempts for the people to understand each other (and so little sources for them to actually do so). 

Glad that this drama brings out the human side of the NK people and make SKoreans to at least have a new perception that people living in the North are humans too.

13 hours ago, Broaddaylight said:

I think that RJH will join division 11 by the end of the series and stay in SK, just like the character of Kim Soo Hyun

I'm afraid it isn't possible...cuz it means he's kinda 'betraying' his mission + there's danger of him being caught as a spy at the South and executed. Division 11 is spy division, after all.

11 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@lavanta @Ss79 We can definitely assume that CCK is connected to Dan's uncle for many reasons. First, we heard that CCK was an orphan, however he was able to get a high position. I doubt that he could achieve it on his own therefore we can conclude that he had the backing of someone powerful. Secondly, Dan's uncle was called, when CCK's trial occurred. However, he is not officially connected to CCK. then he gave some signal to the main judge at that trial which shows that they were interested in closing the case as soon as possible. Third, so far CCK has been judged for murder, drug dealing and raiding tombs but it was never mentioned that CCK is also involved in helping criminals to hide in NK. So far, RJH has not questioned why SJ was in NK in the first place, while he is an acquaintance of SR. Furthermore what caught my attention is CCK's words at the end of the trial: "There's one thing you've missed. Because of that, that richard simmons will die at all cost!"

IF CCK represented a thread to Dan's uncle and other higher-up, they could have get rid of him but this didn't happen. Why? It is because there is a connection between SR's brother, SJ and Dan's uncle in reality. Remember that CCK was asked to keep SR in NK which he interpreted as a killing order. SR has not realized yet what her brother and her sister-in-law did behind her back... She is not really aware how SJ came to NK too. And this shows how big the corruption is. SJ has been living in a huge mansion which is not recorded. SR could be the one who exposes the whole network (SK-China-North Korea). In my opinion, CCK has been kept alive because he is the only one who can kill SR. The latter represents the evidence that some higher-ups (Dan's uncle is one of them) are connected to SK. RJH has just discovered the ice peak of the crimes committed by CCK's network. If SR gets killed, then the authorities from NK can claim that CCK was a criminal who escaped from jail... That way, the corrupted highers-up are covered.

Besides, I have the impression that Seo Dan's uncle could have been the one who told CCK that RMH wanted to send him to a trial... How did he know about that? Remember, CCK had discovered that RMH was investigating behind his back which means, someone had tipped off CCK. 

From my point of view, I suspect that SJ will play a huge part in the fight for SR's company... SJ has still the money he conned from SR's brother who had embezzled money from his father's company.  

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

Yes, but remember that the company linked to the import is in Russia and Seo Dan lived there for many years which means that her uncle could have been the one who created a link between the Russia mafia and North Korea. Don't you find it weird that Seo Dan and her family is so rich too? In my opinion, the uncle could have used the mall as a cover as well.

By the way, I have been wondering if the deceased wife of the uncle returned to him before the wedding because she was forced. We heard from him that she came back crying... what if she and her loved one were arrested because he used his position?

The uncle helped RJH because he knew how much his niece Seo Dan loved RJH, hence he couldn't let CCK destroy him. However, in the latest episode he noticed that SD even allowed RJH to remain in prison. Furthermore she implied that RJH was keeping his distance from her... Then he sees SD protecting another man that's why now he is no longer obliged to protect him, especially if his secret/corruption is about to get discovered.

I agree with these...

I don't really see Dan's uncle as a corrupted figure since he's helped RJH in so many occasion.

But the way he came to the trial and the way he prohibits RJH to conduct further investigation are very suspicious.

The mall could be a money-laundering site, as well.

After Chul-Kang had yelled to RJH about "One thing you missed", RJH re-checked all documents and found out that there's differences between the numbers of metals, then the scene showed us how the remaining metals are used in the truck that saved Chul-Kang.

However, I'm not sure if Chul-Kang means this one as the missing thing...or is there something else.... 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 7

39 minutes ago, INeedAFan said:

With all those BTS images flying around, I wonder whether they would delay the subsequent episodes. They literally shoot scenes 1 week before their air date. 

I don’t know why I am always on top but have nothing to share.

Anyway, my prediction for the upcoming episodes:

Episode 11:

1. SR tells JH about her return to Seoul. Maybe related to her father etc.

2. JH tells SR why he is in SK without mentioning his real motives (aka to catch the evil guy).

3. The evil guy approached SR’s brother (can also be the other way around).

4. SR tells JH about her family issues.

Episode 12:

1. F5 finally meets JH and SR.

2. Shopping time and probably dining with CJW.

3. SR finds out the real reason why JH is in SK.

My expectation: please have a healthy relationship that is appropriate to your age! 

I believe that the rest of the series will not only focus on SR’s family but also the conspiracy behind all the dramas in NK. 

PREVIEW 11:

Me loving RJH's new hairstyle and that suit in the new preview! Omo, those broad shoulders and dimples are to die for!! :phew:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 7
  • Love 1

OMG this thread has been moving TOO fast!! I have been traveling and just got home and I can't keep up! I did watch the two episodes while traveling though and OMG SO MUCH HAS HAPPENED!!

SOMEONE PLEASE TRANSLATE THE PREVIEW!!

I have mixed feelings of SD's uncle being bad - on the one hand, he does look suspicious especially with the note passed to the judge and the nod. On the other, I feel like he's helped JH on so many occasions, but at the same time, he has also dismissed a lot of the bad guy's doings even when has raised suspicion...ahh  I don't know how to feel.

I thought it was SO GENIUS that the comrade crew are going to be in SEOUL! OMG lol hilarious!! I can't wait for the next episode with cute couple scenes!! SH is such a boss - her comeback in SEOUL was EPIC.

On another note, I did think the whole reveal of Switzerland was kind of rushed - also the reveal of the brother's death, but I also get it. The writer wanted to close some doors and open other doors.

Did anyone else find it strange that JH was asking the British guy (his name is slipping me) about whether or not Seri's family really wanted her back? When Seri first brought it up, he dismissed that idea and told her they are family after all. I wonder why he brought it up and asked about it.

I feel like the bad guy might team up with Seri's brother - they have the same motive: to get rid of Seri.

I did have the thought of maybe JH can join Division 11 in the future - with KSH's cameo, it sounded like he's been a Division 11 agent for years and didn't get a mission. But we know JH's dad wants him back. JH crossing the border did seem out of character a bit and it was so fast, But i also understand the urgency. I wish they showed more of the actual process, since it seemed so hard, but at the same time, JH is probably really familiar with the border - he even knew the times they were do routine check so he probably got around it. But I did notice his face had some scars as well.

** Just saw the preview and I'm sooo excited!!*

- I can't wait for JH's jealous

- Can't wait for Seri to show her badass side and how boss she is. Damn, at the board meeting, those people RAN LOL

- Can't wait to see the ducklings learn all about SEOUL - btw, it looks like they are having more fun than actually on a mission LOLOLOL

OMG LOL IS RJH going to be her bodyguard again? LOL credit to hyun_binnie25

• Like 13

35 minutes ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

Glad that this drama brings out the human side of the NK people and make SKoreans to at least have a new perception that people living in the North are humans too.

Actually if you read the article again what it says is that South Koreans have always seen North Koreans as humans, but it is the rest of the world "more precisely, the US media" which sees N Korea as an international rogue state. 

The article is saying it isn't South Korea but us international fans who are getting a whole new perspective on North Korea.

50 minutes ago, INeedAFan said:

PREVIEW 11:

Preview--Omo, the scene with Hyun Bin in a suit was just shot late last week! Cutting it close!

Quick translation of the Seri/JH parts...

Seri: make yourself comfortable, would you like to wash up?

JH: I know how that works...

Seri: Go inside! Take your clothes!

Seri: Someone like RJH who must win all the time is really dangerous.

JH: What is this...this 'face genius'

Seri: Well, it means good looking

Seri: Do you know where is Cho Cheol Kang?

It looks like Jeong Hyuk got his photo taken! :lol:

Tbh...the preview tells us...not very much...it does look like it's going to be funny though. Can't wait to watch more of F4 + 1 in Seoul...reminds me of my own surprises adjusting to life in S Korea :D

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 16

13 hours ago, africandramalover said:

The way they are shot and edited is kinda kiddish for such an older couple. Here are two almost forty year olds whose kiss scenes are blocked by camera angles and sweeping shots!! Come on directornim!! You're wasting talent here!!

Realistically, if your first love is leaving, and you know you'll never meet them again, you would put in all your passion into that final goodbye!!

Better kiss scenes would have increased their ratings much higher, if we need to be practical. Passionate kisses like how we normal people kiss our lovers.

Well, maybe the actors stipulated in their contracts how the kiss scenes should be in the drama ....

Storyline idea: SeRi should have carried JHs seed back into SK. Then she and JH can meet regularly at the kid's school!!

It’s really a waste of resources if they don’t utilize their talents. 

RJH is a gentleman through and through and maybe they want to maintain that impression so the kiss lacks passion. I don’t think the actors asked their lawyers to include a restriction clause on their contracts because I believe they’re professionals. I maybe wrong though. But like you said the kiss is not realistic given the situation and I completely agree. To be honest, I really want to see him lose control - in every meaning of the word - with YSR in Ep 11. Of course not to the extent that they’ll go over what is allowed (I believe this drama is PG14?). Some might say it’s not right because he’s engaged but I’ll throw morality and ethics out the window if that’s what it takes to see him get intimate with YSR. 

I hope the ending is not just some kind of a reunion. I want to see a future normal family set-up, I like the setting that you’ve said - with kids in school or in any extra curriculum activities. 

13 hours ago, RobinM said:

I think physical and sexual attraction is very very healthy and essential part of adults being in love.

I couldn’t agree more. 

On 1/20/2020 at 3:07 PM, Phoenix88 said:

Well he only see SeRi dressed like one of the Ajuma in North im sure he's going to go ballistic with that 

I hope so! I want him to see YSR in a swim suit or in a short shorts. Anything to make RJH literally sweat. 

14 hours ago, Broaddaylight said:

I think that RJH will join division 11 by the end of the series and stay in SK, just like the character of Kim Soo Hyun

I’ve conditioned my mind and heart to accept any ending as long as they’re together.

12 hours ago, sussieh said:

This third kiss was on purpose like that to let our imagination work wild by only looking at their hands and closed eyes. Common Director-nim, you must know how cruel you are to us! 

It was a passable kiss but watching it is torture at its finest! I hope the god of love and lust will visit RJH every second until he drops his guard and just give in. 

9 hours ago, charray said:

I hope not as I still hope and think he should return to his first love of being a pianist rather than a soldier.

I really love him in uniform but like you I also want him to pursue his initial ambition. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 4
  • Thanks 1

We won't have the airing on this weekend.  Will have to wait such a long time.  Love to see how HB expresses his worry and how they look so lovely when they meet up in Seoul.  See how he said she didn't give him full address.  See how both of them have teary eyes.. why I become so sad yet happy. :heart:  Not good, I fall in love again lol.

• Like 14
  • Love 1

Hello! This is my first time leaving a comment in this thread but I have actually been following this thread for few weeks! Does anyone know where I can find the special episodes that were specially re-edited for viewers due to the temporary hiatus on Jan 4th and 5th? Currently experiencing withdrawal symptoms from ep 10, and am trying to find as much videos I can find :bawling:

• Like 10