Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

Talking about mature scenes. This is TVN we are talking about. They are quite brave in this area compared with public broadcast stations.

Louis Vuitton, Manolo Blahniks, Valentino....looks like I can't afford to be in Se Ri's shoes....

Z8pYWJ.png

I think JH agress with that....

• Like 4
  • LOL 14

54 minutes ago, Site Admin said:

I am a really big fan of CLOY since day one and I love watching every minute of it but I have one teeny tiny complaint...

At the risk of ripe tomatoes being thrown at me, I have a slight issue with the OTP's "sexual tension".  It probably is the director's fault for giving vague and zoomed out kisses haha. :phew: But boy do they severely lack in that department. 

While their romantic chemistry is off the charts, their physical intimacy has not blossomed so much along with their deepening love for each other. I cannot help but remember that the characters are already in their 30's and worse yet, the actors playing them are close to 40.

RJH comes off so rigid, so inexperienced and so innocent most times that I cannot imagine them going on a honeymoon or having babies in the future. I'm not even suggesting a love scene, just a realistic portrayal of star-crossed lovers being torn apart by cruel the world they live in.  A little bit of "malice" can do them good you know :D.

That kind of love and yearning from the OTP should entail even the slightest urge to caress or touch each other. Isn't that human nature? NK men or SK men or Asian men or European men, they are still men. Same for women too.

Now that their relationship has gone deeper, it is kind of frustrating to see them still act like shy, timid teenagers. I mean this is Hyun Bin we are talking about, one of the hottest men who ever walked the earth. That man can kiss (I haven't seen him in any love scene though).

The lack of touch and those kindergarten kisses are a total waste of real life chemistry between Hyun Bin with Son Ye Jin. I mean have you seen their interviews together? Hyun Bin is always just one step away from eating SYJ whole, the way he looks at her. She even playfully calls him Ahjussi in one of their interviews. He can definitely handle a hot kiss or two.

Speaking of tomatoes, whatever happened to that tomato plant in NK? Did it die? I was expecting it to be featured in the separation scene. I hope RJH brought it with him to SK. I suspect they won't be having any hot scenes in the future so it will probably do them good if they could water that damned plant together, say 10 chaste and innocent words to it. :D

I agree with the above

I also (all of us who sre fans of CLOY) want a real kiss between them!

But i dont think we will have the chance to watch it. Maybe it is that director's style.

I havent watched any other kdramas that he directed other than "Romance is a bonus book" and there weren't any hot kisses there either.

I will search deeper and will post again

• Like 5

i finally remember my password for this site :D Anyway, just want to drop here and say this is One of the best Korean dramas i have seen for the longest of time. Reminds of the the classics Season series KDramas during the height of korean wave era in the 2000's. :heart:

• Like 7
  • Love 2

34 minutes ago, imlaureeeen0511 said:

But on a side note, RJH is slowly...in turtle pace... ever so slowly coming out his shell a bit, with every episode.

Girl, the clock is ticking hahahaha, we only have 6 episodes left. He can't afford turtle pace into becoming Seri's ardent lover.

I mean-- crossing fingers-- what if they do give us a happy ending? The writer should make it totally believable that RJH and Seri are capable of procreation, not have us imagine RJH fainting at the sight of Seri's bare shoulders. :D

Ironically, their characters in the movie NEGOTIATION had powerful sexual chemistry. When Min Tae Gu said he really did want to have a drink with her, it was so intimately suggestive and so full of promise. And they didn't even touch.

• Like 5
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

8 hours ago, butterflysaga said:

I bet he is! He will be babbling about "that attire is forbidden in NK" and she will get punishment for it as he added "too much leg" showing. 

I hope Seri will go badass female CEO, so they equally Alpha F & M who can runs the world if they want to. :phew:

9 hours ago, Phoenix88 said:

The return of jealous Mr. Ri

Episode 11 JH is in the south now i am thinking that Mr. Ri the bodyguard will come in to play. It would be funny to see JH going crazy on the way that SeRi dresses in the South short sexy skirts and body hugging fitted blouses since he has an Alpha male tendency and jealousy is second nature to him. Well he only see SeRi dressed like one of the Ajuma in North im sure he's going to go ballistic with that :joy:

@butterflysaga @Phoenix88

I'm sooo hopping for a jealous Mister Ri. 

I was thinking - In NK RJH said that YSR was his fiancee, to protect her.  And when they were in Pyongyang YSR introduce RHJ as her bodyguard - to protect her image in SK and maybe RHJ

I was wonder... How is YSR gonna to introduce RJH to others:  as boyfriend or bodyguard or fiancee... 

Probably is going to be a funny scene!!!

• Like 7
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, alindahaw said:

Reminds of the the classics Season series KDramas during the height of korean wave era in the 2000's. 

Agree! Even though I have a love-and-hate relationship with this drama, this kind of drama reminds me of the hey days of rom-com dramas. My brain even automatically remembers that I need to open my netflix at 9. This is coming from a person who always puts every single appointment on a calendar. Recently, my sister got sick and tired of me complaining and swooning over HB-SYJ.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

may I know why JH's minions are referred to as 'ducklings' ? Thanks in advance! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4

As a number of you here have asked about ratings of Kdramas, here’s the list of tvN’s dramas by highest rating reached.

Drama                Rating            Episode  

1. Goblin                 20.509%.       16

2. Reply 1988.        18.803%.       20

3. Mr Sunshine       18.129%.       24

4. Crash Landing    14.633%.       10
5. 100DaysPrince   14.412%.       16

6. Signal.                  12.544%.       16

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Love 7
  • Thanks 4

A very interesting article:

[Feature] Love without borders, or nuclear threats?

By Ahn Sung-mi

Published : Jan 20, 2020 - 15:53 
Updated : Jan 20, 2020 - 17:38

restmb_idxmake_amp.php?idx=680&simg=%2Fcontent%2Fimage%2F2020%2F01%2F19%2F20200119000214_0.jpg

South Korean Yoon Se-ri, played by Son Ye-jin (left), and North Korean military official Ri Jung-hyuk, played by Hyun Bin, arrive in Pyongyang in a scene from “Crash Landing on You.” (Studio Dragon)

A chaebol heiress accidentally crashes in North Korea while paragliding. She is rescued by a North Korean military officer who ends up protecting her and risking his life to send her back home to Seoul. Despite the differences in accent, lifestyle, culture, upbringing and ideology, they fall in love. 

“I think this will definitely help many people to be more aware of the lives of people in North Korea,” she said. “Despite everything going on in North Korea, citizens there are human beings too. I hope this will help South Koreans to have an opportunity to understand different cultures and lifestyles and improve their overall understanding of the country.”

Link: http://m.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20200120000655

The wait is torturous. Thankfully TLTW starts this week!

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

As a viewer its mind boggling having to wonder if this couple can finally be together? Is it possible? Isit a hopeless relationship?

Or unless both decided to live in that old abandoned house near the border? 

I was in Jeju whn the historic event took place, the day where the South and North leaders met . Our taxi driver was very emotional relating about the conflicts between these 2 countries. We watched the live coverage throughout our journey.

Watching CLOY I understand the difficulties these lovebirds will face should they decide to be together. One solution cld be tht his father makes some arrangement to send him permanently to the South like Dong Koo??

• Like 7

Haha I found this on twitter. She was missing him soo much to the point she went hiking with her assistant :love:

• Like 3
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2

12 minutes ago, Nesseri said:

Haha I found this on twitter. She was missing him soo much to the point she went hiking with her assistant :love:

We got nearly Seri address 

5e25ce2ddbe3e802292695.gif?download

,  oppa number

5e25ce10a7a7a453596257.gif?download

& We miss them , should we call them ask for exact address  , we can’t hike all area  :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, imlaureeeen0511 said:

I guess you're right... I'm just thinking about how he can use his skill of "eavesdropping" in SK, or if will he still be able to do that in SK? Cause from the previous ep, it seems like its just them plus Cho Chul Gang in South Korea. All of CCG's secrets or at least most of it has already been exposed during the trial. Who else's secrets should they need to know? Unless of course they'll install those bugging devices again even in SK. They need him to listen to new secrets, I suppose. Because if he knew something amiss about those we're doubtful about, like maybe SD's uncle, don't you think he would've told JH that already? 

As in most government organizations worldwide, information is on a "need to know'" basis, which means they're only told information that they need to know at the time that they need to know them. And that's it. No questions. The Rat is too low in the food chain to need to know what's going on in the higher tiers of the organization. He's only instructed by CCK to listen in to certain people and doesn't need to know how and where his wiretapping will be used, much less information that involves the generals and party leaders in Pyongyang. And that is all Man Bok's work entails and needs to know. So he wouldn't know what SD's uncle, who is a one-star general, is up to. 

With regard to what secrets the Rat might need to uncover while in SK, I think that the Yoon family's Queens Corp is part of the network of inter-Korean corruption and illegal activities. One of these illicit ventures could be the reason why Se Ri's dad was previously imprisoned.  In real life, chaebols are tapped by the SK government to spearhead investments in NK particularly in the Kaesong area, where the fictional village of CLOY is supposed to be located. While dealing with totalitarian governments consists of various levels of red tape, I wouldn't put it past Queens Corp to have paid bribe money to a NK government office similar to Divi/sion 39, which I think SD's uncle is a part of. 

The problem with exposing the secrets of Div 39 is that it's the lifeblood of Kim/Jung/Un's regime. As it currently faces strict international economic sanctions, illegally-acquired foreign money is all he depends on for his expensive lifestyle and nuclear programs. If RJH uncovers the office's shady activities along with its ties to Queens Corp and Se Ri's dad, it could be a pivot point in the plot as the setting moves to Seoul, creating a new layer of conflict with Se Ri and her family as well as the NK government with RJH most likely to be charged with treason, a crime punishable by death. 

My 200 North Korean Won while we wait for Episode 11. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 10

TVN sure loves to tease the fans with that very short BTS! They will not air next week so i'm sure that they will drop the bombs one at a time :joy:

I think the preview will be shown this Saturday. I'm excited for the reunion! :heart:

I think it's totally possible for cloy to achieve 22% ratings just like HB's wish! I'm excited for the upcoming episodes but at the same time, we only have 6 episodes left. I'm torn. Huhuhaha. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, KimSooHanMoo said:

As a number of you here have asked about ratings of Kdramas, here’s the list of tvN’s dramas by highest rating reached.

Drama                Rating            Episode  

1. Goblin                 20.509%.       16

2. Reply 1988.        18.803%.       20

3. Mr Sunshine       18.129%.       24

4. Crash Landing    14.633%.       10
5. 100DaysPrince   14.412%.       16

6. Signal.                  12.544%.       16

Don’t think Goblin ever achieve 20.509%. Highest is 18.68% based on nationwide ratings. 

I thought the kiss is appropriate in that situation. My view is that the director and Hyun Bin had been more restrained with showing more mature physical contact is perhaps because Captain Ri has a fiancée and is still engaged to another woman. He is also secretly helping her to cross the border with land mines etc safely so they cannot be thinking of holding hands or kissing in that type of dangerous situation. They are not taking an evening walk in the park or having a leisure boat ride on a romantic night for heaven’s sake........:blush:

• Like 7
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

1XW5c06.gif&key=62b49d8f3022d64963ab5aa2

one of my best fave scenes in epi 9, aside from SR/JH scenes,   i still can't get over of his facial expression LOL LOL LOL:lol:

thnx @im0202 for this I was really hoping someone will come up with this hahaha I really had a good laugh seeing him and i had rewatched this scene from that evening I first saw it! hahaha

@alindahaw you hit the nail upon its head, this is a great drama since i got into Kdrama addiction and to me this is a classic no doubt! the writer/pd nims actors, osts, need we say more!

• Like 6
  • LOL 8

The actress who portrays Captain Ri's mom is actually doing triple duty. She's in Crash Landing On You (of course), but she's also in another weekend drama "Queen: Love and War" (she's the King's grandmother) as well as a daily drama "Bad Love."

• Like 5
  • LOL 3