[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

1 hour ago, KimSooHanMoo said:

As a number of you here have asked about ratings of Kdramas, here’s the list of tvN’s dramas by highest rating reached.

Drama                Rating            Episode  

1. Goblin                 20.509%.       16

2. Reply 1988.        18.803%.       20

3. Mr Sunshine       18.129%.       24

4. Crash Landing    14.633%.       10
5. 100DaysPrince   14.412%.       16

6. Signal.                  12.544%.       16

Don’t think Goblin ever achieve 20.509%. Highest is 18.68% based on nationwide ratings. 

I thought the kiss is appropriate in that situation. My view is that the director and Hyun Bin had been more restrained with showing more mature physical contact is perhaps because Captain Ri has a fiancée and is still engaged to another woman. He is also secretly helping her to cross the border with land mines etc safely so they cannot be thinking of holding hands or kissing in that type of dangerous situation. They are not taking an evening walk in the park or having a leisure boat ride on a romantic night for heaven’s sake........:blush:

• Like 7
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

1XW5c06.gif&key=62b49d8f3022d64963ab5aa2

one of my best fave scenes in epi 9, aside from SR/JH scenes,   i still can't get over of his facial expression LOL LOL LOL:lol:

thnx @im0202 for this I was really hoping someone will come up with this hahaha I really had a good laugh seeing him and i had rewatched this scene from that evening I first saw it! hahaha

@alindahaw you hit the nail upon its head, this is a great drama since i got into Kdrama addiction and to me this is a classic no doubt! the writer/pd nims actors, osts, need we say more!

• Like 7
  • LOL 8

The actress who portrays Captain Ri's mom is actually doing triple duty. She's in Crash Landing On You (of course), but she's also in another weekend drama "Queen: Love and War" (she's the King's grandmother) as well as a daily drama "Bad Love."

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

3 hours ago, Site Admin said:

I have a slight issue with the OTP's "sexual tension".  It probably is the director's fault for giving vague and zoomed out kisses haha.

Hahaha yeah, atm director-nim must be enjoying teasing us :joy:. Common, just look at In Need of Romance or A Witch’s Love (previous dramas he directed) hot scenes hahaha. He knows how to direct those kind of scenes. 

I think that we will start seeing their sexual tension once they begin living together in SK. After all, SR dresses are more seductive now :naughty: hahaha and well, RJH will have also a fashion and hair makeover. He will look so sexy, I bet :love:

Btw, even though I am dying to see hotter kiss scenes or sexual tension between them,... I still enjoyed these “PG rated”  scenes hahaha. For them, love is new, so it’s okay for me that they were this innocent, sweet and shy with their interactions in NK.

That been said, please Director-nim, now that they are in SK please gives us the mature OTP scenes! 

About the new stills... ahhhh that hug! I was sighing by just looking at the photo in which both have their eyes closed! It’s as if they are smelling/absorbing their presence! :wub:

• Like 9
  • Love 7
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, liltash85 said:

This thread is a platform to discuss about the drama healthily and as a place we show our love for the show. Let's keep positive vibe only here. 

To discuss anything "healthily" is to allow an exchange of differing views. To insist that no criticism of any sort is allowed is not healthy. I have mentioned things I like about the show, and things I don't, and have been civil when doing so. That is within the rules and is an expression of free speech, the point of forums like these - until the moderators say otherwise and make a rule that says "only uncritical, gushing praise is allowed".

• Like 6

Regarding the sexual tension, lets not forget the cultural aspect. Especially in NK, there isnt pda. He's also still engaged to SD. While he definitely kissed SR, he knows theres no future  for them and she needs to go home and move on. SR knows this too which is why I think the amount of skinship never goes too far and they wont reveal too much of their feelings.

I think their love for each other is more than physical. They bring strength and happiness to each other and thats what attracts them to each other.

• Like 12
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, charray said:

Don’t think Goblin ever achieve 20.509%. Highest is 18.68% based on nationwide ratings. 

From Wiki

List of highest-rated Korean dramas in cable television

The following dramas air on a cable channel/pay TV which normally has a relatively smaller audience compared to free-to-air TV/public broadcasters (KBS, SBS, MBC and EBS).

# Drama Channel Highest nationwide
AGB Nielsen Rating[159]
Final
episode date
Ref.
1 Sky Castle JTBC 23.779% 1 February 2019 [160]
2 Reply 1988 tvN 18.803% 16 January 2016 [161][162]
3 Guardian: The Lonely and Great God 18.680% 21 January 2017 [163]
4 Mr. Sunshine 18.129% 30 September 2018 [164]
5 Crash Landing on You 14.633% (currently airing) [165]
6 100 Days My Prince 14.412% 30 October 2018 [166]
7 Signal 12.544% 12 March 2016 [167]
8 The Lady in Dignity JTBC 12.065% 19 August 2017 [168][169]
9 Hotel del Luna tvN 12.001% 1 September 2019 [170]
Edited by Helena
  • Like 15

A random detail I noticed: 

Seri has worn the same coat when she had to part ways with RJH and then reunite(once when they were attacked by the military truck, second time when she crossed over the DMZ safely). In the last shot of episode 10 it seems like Seri is wearing the same tan coat she left NK in. Does anyone know if it is actually different?

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

latest stills from hancinema - not sure it already posted but as always i think non of us comrades would mind at all seeing these scenes OTPs repetitively! :)

photo1144307.jpg

no doubt OTP are having fun filming this drama! they're both super sweet! love them more/more! :heart:if these two don't fall for each other, we dunno what else to say! either they need to have a vision check up:blush:or something's wrong with their heart-beat!:bawling:

photo1144299.jpg

photo1144306.jpg

don't we love the ahjummas too?

Spoiler

photo1144308.jpg

photo1144304.jpg

photo1144300.jpg

photo1144305.jpg

• Like 11
  • LOL 3

5 hours ago, Ss79 said:

This also relates to why he was able to escape to SK even though NK and SK have the tightest boarder control in the world. It is once again because these high ranking officials also involved in CCK's illegal operations DO NOT want CCK to expose them as well, so it would make sense for them to help him escape to the one place NK cannot find him. 

Now, it is pretty obvious that CCK wants revenge against the people that "brought him down", which is JH but also in a way SR. Because it was his obsession with catching SR and proving that she is a SK spy that led to his down fall. I also think that it is quite possible that these high ranking officials, possibly even Dan's uncle, wanted CCK to bait JH into coming to SK because if CCK killed JH in SK, it would solve all their problems. Left alone, JH would continue digging into CCK's disappearance, and who knows what he might discover. And the problem is that JH is not easy to get rid of because of who his father is. So had JH stayed in NK, he would have caused these people big trouble.  But if CCK kills JH in SK, then the case is closed and problem is solved, since there can be no further investigation on this matter. 

Now coming to JH's entry into SK. He is the Captain of Battalion that is in charge of boarder security, so it is quite easy for him to sneak into SK. However, I do think he may have gotten "unofficial" permission for his father to go to SK and capture CCK, after all, CCK is JH's brother's killer as well, so I'm sure JH's father would want justice for his first son. Or else how would be assemble the back-up team so quickly? I;m sure that JH must have told his father that he is going to SK. Also, my interpretation of "bring JH back" is more along the lines of making sure that he doesn't stay there. JH's father knows his feelings for SR, and he also knows who SR is, it is not hard to assume that JH would go after SR. I think JH's father is worried that JH might be tempted to defect because of SR and also, he wants his son to have some back-up when dealing with CCK. 

@Ss79 pointed out good spots that are not revealed yet. I agree that CCK's trial done that way in order to protect the higher ups involved. I also mentioned it in my previous comment but you state these much nicer thanks <3 However I do believe that higher ups (maybe Seo Dan's uncle) do not this subject to drag further in case JH learns the full truth. I think they much prefer to eliminate CCK and keep JH in check so everything settles down quietly. I think higher ups wanted to kill CCK for a clean end but he managed to seek out with the help of another comrade (most probably a higher up) from the accident as well as the country border. I thought he never went to South and it was just a trap to lure JH to South so that CCK's claim about JH's involvement with a South Korean woman would be revealed. However i was wrong CCK did actually go to SK but it still could be a trap for JH. He may want to not kill Seri but collect evidence of JH being in South with a woman. I still think, despite getting help from someone, this plan was made and orchestrated solely by CCK out of spite. 

I think JH informed his father of his move to South Korea as you said it is very easy to cross border for him as he is currently in duty in DMZ. Although he informed his father, i think he didn't listen to his father at all. It was just informing him at thats all. That's why his father wants to handle this issue quietly and delicately with trusted people. I don't think his father thinks he might defect to South for good because he know how responsible and dutiful his son is but he thinks it might create a scandal which would not only threaten his son life, his position in the GP but also escalate to cross national problems. This is the tricky part, we know Seri is quiet well-known by paparazzi but she hugged him in the middle of the street without hiding. It will be a great challenge to keep him away from media. If he was seen in media, it will definitely cause negative consequences in the north for himself and his family. How are they gonna do manage it?   

There are so many great things about this drama but one thing bothers me and most of the comrades is the editing of kiss scenes :( They are mostly zoomed out :tears:Behind scenes are even better than the actual ones. One of the comrades in this thread mentioned (sorry forgot the name) that HB and SYJ doesn't leave a gap when kissing, she is right. This makes their kissing even more realistic but we can only see them properly in the behind scenes. Please director-nim don't waste such chemistry, chaebal! I would love a great kissing scene or maybe more now that JH is gonna be 24/7 with Seri as her bodyguard :D  

• Like 9

17 hours ago, ScarlettRose said:

ETA: Both HB and SYJ know how to kiss. Their previous dramas are a proof to that and while I understand that the director or writer maybe putting off the full on and proper make out I mean kiss for the coming episodes, I just hope that the act and angle will be better next time. Come on, the director and writer are not some mediocre individuals in their field on top of that they’ve got great lead actors, I hope they maximise what they’ve got for the best. Their kissing scene should be better! It’s 6 episodes before it ends and the kiss is still so so. I’m sorry for the lack of a better term, it’s just that it’s frustrating somehow because they’re not really restricted given that TVN is cable but oh well. 

Besides, HB and SYJ are clearly holding back on their kisses.:grin:

5 hours ago, Site Admin said:

At the risk of ripe tomatoes being thrown at me, I have a slight issue with the OTP's "sexual tension".  It probably is the director's fault for giving vague and zoomed out kisses haha. :phew: But boy do they severely lack in that department. 

While their romantic chemistry is off the charts, their physical intimacy has not blossomed so much along with their deepening love for each other. I cannot help but remember that the characters are already in their 30's and worse yet, the actors playing them are close to 40.

Agreed!! I'm not amused one bit by the kiss scenes in the drama. The way they are shot and edited is kinda kiddish for such an older couple. Here are two almost forty year olds whose kiss scenes are blocked by camera angles and sweeping shots!! Come on directornim!! You're wasting talent here!!

Realistically, if your first love is leaving, and you know you'll never meet them again, you would put in all your passion into that final goodbye!!

Better kiss scenes would have increased their ratings much higher, if we need to be practical. Directornim should refer to Devilish Joy because the kiss scenes in there were proper scenes!! Passionate kisses like how we normal people kiss our lovers. Or the kiss scene in "Clean With Passion For Now"...... Good heavens that was a stupendous kiss!!!

Well, maybe the actors stipulated in their contracts how the kiss scenes should be in the drama .... In Something In The Rain, SHJ looked like she was holding back on the kiss scenes. And kissing can get exhausting as a job(for the last twenty or so years they've been acting). Or maybe they're toning it down to keep rumours at bay. (The leads in Devilish Joy had dating rumours after that drama. As did the crazy shipping for the leads of CWPFN...)

Spoiler

Exhibit A - should be used in acting schools in Korea... kissing 101.

Exhibit B - Devilish Joy..... I can't remember the last time I saw an open mouth kiss before this drama.

Bonus....Maybe Choi JiWoo can show the drama loving Army guy this scene.... Not sure if they watched Temptation in North Korea yet!!:D

Istg there was tongue in this kiss!! :PGo to 1:56 and watch carefully... The kiss scene is from ep11 of the drama...

Storyline idea: SeRi should have carried JHs seed back into SK. Then she and JH can meet regularly at the kid's school!!:ph34r:lol

EDIT: In Switzerland, because you know SeRi can afford an expensive school and JH doesn't have a complex about her paying the bills..

• Like 10
  • LOL 9

34 minutes ago, Lakyu said:

Regarding the sexual tension, lets not forget the cultural aspect. Especially in NK, there isnt pda. He's also still engaged to SD. While he definitely kissed SR, he knows theres no future  for them and she needs to go home and move on. SR knows this too which is why I think the amount of skinship never goes too far and they wont reveal too much of their feelings.

I think their love for each other is more than physical. They bring strength and happiness to each other and thats what attracts them to each other.

Totally agree with you! I do think their love is beyond physical. As Samsuk dongmu stated to North Korean Ajummas that their love is engraved in their hearts. However though, i do think their kissing scenes could have been edited better. There was too much zoom out and all. In behind scenes we see great kisses much better than any drama that has been currently airing. If they already shot these scenes why not edit them properly. I don't thinks writers or directors teasing but editors (or director's) inability to edit. I wouldn't mind hotter scenes but if not i believe their level of skinship is enough to convince us their attraction to each other. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

For me it is if you gonna give us a kiss scene give a proper one or don't go for it at all. I know some may argue it's because of the character setup which I thought was justified with the hospital kiss but here when JH crossed the line for the woman he loves knowing that he will most probably never see her again the scene called for passion which I believe HB and SYJ have successfully delivered through their acting but by toning down the kiss scene by using those shabby camera angles somehow lightened the intensity of that scene. That kiss was supposed to be their one last time kiss which called for lot of intensity which I couldn't feel because of all those close ups. I think director wasted HB-SYJ's potential here. I hope this is the last time it happens because you have two great actors with a chemistry that can set screens on fire but somehow because of the camera angles you lose out on some great scenes I think it's pitiful at the same time annoying when the scene could have turned out to be much better.:sweatingbullets: Again I am not asking for clothes ripping make out scenes but the ones the script demands to be decently edited and given without wasting the actors chemistry.

• Like 12
  • Awesome 3

50 minutes ago, isitbaked said:

A random detail I noticed: 

Seri has worn the same coat when she had to part ways with RJH and then reunite(once when they were attacked by the military truck, second time when she crossed over the DMZ safely). In the last shot of episode 10 it seems like Seri is wearing the same tan coat she left NK in. Does anyone know if it is actually different?

They are different coats.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Harry97 said:

For me it is if you gonna give us a kiss scene give a proper one or don't go for it at all. I know some may argue it's because of the character setup which I thought was justified with the hospital kiss but here when JH crossed the line for the woman he loves knowing that he will most probably never see her again the scene called for passion which I believe HB and SYJ have successfully delivered through their acting but by toning down the kiss scene by using those shabby camera angles somehow lightened the intensity of that scene. That kiss was supposed to be their one last time kiss which called for lot of intensity which I couldn't feel because of all those close ups. I think director wasted HB-SYJ's potential here. I hope this is the last time it happens because you have two great actors with a chemistry that can set screens on fire but somehow because of the camera angles you lose out on some great scenes I think it's pitiful at the same time annoying when the scene could have turned out to be much better.:sweatingbullets: Again I am not asking for clothes ripping make out scenes but the ones the script demands to be decently edited and given without wasting the actors chemistry.

The last kiss was normally passionate as Hyun Bin pulled Seri by the head and kissed her intensely while running his fingers in her hair. And Son Yejin respond equally by hugging him tight (put her hands on his neck to draw him closer) and kissing him passionately. There literally no gap between them. However.. a big however here.. we only deduct this all scene bit by bit unfortunately. We didn't get to see it properly due to silly camera angles. I hope they include that kiss scene in the behind scenes so that we can enjoy it properly 

55 minutes ago, africandramalover said:

Storyline idea: SeRi should have carried JHs seed back into SK. Then she and JH can meet regularly at the kid's school!!:ph34r:lol

This could be a great idea for second season in case the couple doesn't meet at the end and live happily every after :D That would literally be "crash landing on you", you know what i mean:naughty:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Like 7
  • LOL 4

Woww! another spoiler (Pics look as if taken by a fan) for upcoming ep

Spoiler

back hug! :love::heart:

* Right now I am on cloud 9 with a happy smile on my face. Back hugs are one of my weakness in dramas LOL

• Like 8
  • Love 9

2 hours ago, africandramalover said:

Agreed!! I'm not amused one bit by the kiss scenes in the drama. The way they are shot and edited is kinda kiddish for such an older couple. Here are two almost forty year olds whose kiss scenes are blocked by camera angles and sweeping shots!! Come on directornim!! You're wasting talent here!!

Realistically, if your first love is leaving, and you know you'll never meet them again, you would put in all your passion into that final goodbye!!

Better kiss scenes would have increased their ratings much higher, if we need to be practical. Directornim should refer to Devilish Joy because the kiss scenes in there were proper scenes!! Passionate kisses like how we normal people kiss our lovers. Or the kiss scene in "Clean With Passion For Now"...... Good heavens that was a stupendous kiss!!!

Well, maybe the actors stipulated in their contracts how the kiss scenes should be in the drama .... In Something In The Rain, SHJ looked like she was holding back on the kiss scenes. And kissing can get exhausting as a job(for the last twenty or so years they've been acting). Or maybe they're toning it down to keep rumours at bay. (The leads in Devilish Joy had dating rumours after that drama. As did the crazy shipping for the leads of CWPFN...)

Reveal hidden contents

Exhibit A - should be used in acting schools in Korea... kissing 101.

Exhibit B - Devilish Joy..... I can't remember the last time I saw an open mouth kiss before this drama.

Bonus....Maybe Choi JiWoo can show the drama loving Army guy this scene.... Not sure if they watched Temptation in North Korea yet!!:D

Istg there was tongue in this kiss!! :PGo to 1:56 and watch carefully... The kiss scene is from ep11 of the drama...

EDIT: In Switzerland, because you know SeRi can afford an expensive school and JH doesn't have a complex about her paying the bills..

Daym, man. And all this time I thought the cameraman abandoned his post to give HB and SYJ privacy that's why he got the imprecise zooms and angles. 

NB: If he remains a NK citizen, he would still have minders in Switzerland following him around, preventing them from kissing passionately (we don't want that) -- if he's even allowed to meet with someone from the enemy country. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks! :)
  • Like 1
  • LOL 13