[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

You know...from here on out, every time I see one of the "ducklings" in another show, I'm going to be waving at them and smiling that they got to visit down south again. It will be the little story I tell myself in my head... that they finally figured out what casting agencies were, and had a chance to go back. :) (Even just seeing the subinyoo post above makes me want to take them all home with me...) 

They sure did a good job of selling Switzerland in this drama, too. There is no freaking way you could ever get me on that suspension bridge, but that glorious mountainside, sure!

• Like 3
  • LOL 7

Another thought:

- Well, I’ve always struggled liking 2nd leads in K-dramas. BUT with CLOY, SD and GSJ had me when they started hanging out more often. What was touching after GSJ passes in the ambulance is when SD begs the medic to check the pulse again because she feels bad for him. As much as RiRi’s separation was painful, this was sad because SD won’t be able to meet someone who will sacrifice himself for her. And GSJ won’t be able to show her how much he has changed, for the better. 

- SD is a woman of her words. She said she will seek revenge for SJ and she did. She got that guys (i forgot his name) help & connected with everyone that was helping out the 2nd bro and his wife. The sis in law didn’t know how deep she dug her hole because when Seri showed them Manager guy being held by the NIS dude, you see her disbelief. The bratty 2nd bro always blaming someone for his idiocy is so annoying. So happy that NIS and the police are working on their case and they will be in prison. The bro is getting a divorce while he is incarcerated - WHAT A MOOD. So props to that actor who plays Seri’s 2nd bro, whom i want to choke whenever I see him on screen. 

Edit: 

@clandeast

OMG! It’s great to know that they actually “got married”. 

Great news even though it was omitted due to political reasons.

And no wonder they got that massive tiered cake for their finale dinner...I was wondering why the heck does that look like a wedding tiered cake?!?! That was why LOL! 

Thank you CLOY team! You guys are seriously the best! 

• Like 10
  • Love 1

I join others who's having withdrawal syndrome...

:bawling: I can't believe it's over.....

Initial thought, the paragliding scene and the kiss would be the last scene!

But heck, they're still entertaining us with another details of our beautiful couple and our other comrades...

SD was seen beautiful and contented with the ring from SJ on her finger...

Man Bok and family got the happiness they deserved...

And our beautiful couple... the house shown on the last scene was perhaps JH's house, because there's the picture of SR which he took in Switzerland years ago... So I just assume that they're staying together there, happily... 

It's great that there's no political tension stirred...

It's just about those two persons who love each other beyond borders...

Gosh...

I don't know when I can get over with CLOY....

Since last night, Yoon Mirae's Flower is ringing on my ears...

IU's OST was also beautifully sung... I cried a lot whenever the song is played....

It's a great, great drama....

I will really miss RJH's aura...

YSR's beauty...

the awesome OSTs....

Beautiful scenery....

RJH's comrades, their friendship, quirkiness, loyalty, and innocence...  

Ahjummas' beautiful friendships...

All the great insights and values the drama gave...

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

I will repeat it from the beginning again soon...

Thanks for the great forum, comrades....

• Like 8
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

33 minutes ago, creativedistraction said:

Is there really a best couple award? Omg what awards show is this? 

Honestly I don’t know haha, I assume based on some YT vids of other actors that there is an award shows for dramas and that one of its categories would be best couple. This is my first Korean drama so I’m not sure :blush:

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, pnaysurfer84 said:

So props to that actor who plays Seri’s 2nd bro, whom i want to choke whenever I see him on screen. 

This sentence made me chuckle. I felt exactly the same too! And I also felt like punching CCG whenever he did that half smirk face!!

That proves how talented the side casts are!! But I guess it will take a while before they can accept or be accepted in “good people “ roles :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

After the BTS scene out, there's no more CLOY content:bawling:

Gonna miss our discussion and sharing of this drama. I've been searching for good drama since Reply 1988 but there's nothing that really bring the excited and anticipated feeling as before, but then there's CLOY.

My weekend will not be the same anymore waiting for the drama to air

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, itspeanutbutterjellytime said:

Honestly I don’t know haha, I assume based on some YT vids of other actors that there is an award shows for dramas and that one of its categories would be best couple. This is my first Korean drama so I’m not sure :blush:

It’s called Korean Drama Awards @creativedistraction @itspeanutbutterjellytime

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Royal Unicorn said:

I belive there been some plot. And it took some time for them.

1.Daddy Ri helped JH to leave millitary and find new job and ability to travel legally abroad with students.(a legal way to leave NK for long term time. He did not run, escape or betrayed his parents.)

2.When they met in Swiss, Seri started her scholarship for staying close to JH more time.

3.They settled in Swiss, bought a family house.

4.They are pretty rich, so probably they live comfy 60% of year traveling with JH students and concerts.

5.The can stay abroad forever after Daddy Ri's death.

Agree.. That's why it was an open yet happy ending for me... 

11 hours ago, Favnia said:

The scene with JH's mom was so dark. I realized what she was going to do when JH came back. I cried. So freaking hard. Idk, his mom broke my heart - you lose one child and then there's a chance your only boy, whom you cherish and love so much, the chance is - he is not going to come back. It's brutal for the mother. I was kinda annoyed they didn't show her before, I wondered about her reaction to the JH's situation. But this scene definitely won me over. It was raw and emotional.

His dad... I kinda see what they were trying to do with him, but I was kinda intimidated by him, which I suppose is what you're supposed to feel? When he killed the bad guys you could see his ruthless side. The bad guy got murdered in the forest by the good guy without the trial. Hm, makes you think...  I thought we were trying to learn a lesson of importance of trials in North Korea? But as a viewer, I am supposed to cheer for JH's dad and his actions? So the message got lost, because I am supposed to think that the justice was served.

Mom scene with poison ready in her hand was so poignant. For us who live in a "normal" country, this scene might seem realistic. But up North, it's their reality. That also makes her reunion scene with her son and the whole "Thank you for coming back alive" (as with Manbok family) a heartwrenching scene, because it can be considered a miracle... 

About RJH dad shot the younger general and the message they're trying to deliver... You know, I laughed sarcastically when RJH said "we'd like to stand on trial"... There's no such thing as a fair trial (or a trial itself) in NK, even for high ranking officers and their families (look for some news about the purges of high ranking officers in NK, including KJU's uncle by KJU himself, though the dog part is richard simmons). What the younger generals said about them being executed right away without trial is the norm... Hence, what RJH father did was realistic. He couldn't just execute the general without valid excuse, so he's bidding his time and calculating everything...when it's clear that the general attempts to execute his son, the justification for his deed materializes. For me, what he did was "normal" and "business as usual" by NK standards. 

1 hour ago, clandeast said:

Omg! If this is true, I hope the deleted scenes are gonna be added in dvd/bluray. Want to watch it badly. :bawling:

I KNEW IT... I suspected they filmed so much more scenes, but could air it due to political reasons... That's why they have the open ending in Switzerland... They can't solve the issue of RJH's citizenship so they make once in a year meet up via Seri's scholarship foundation...to set up a legitimate reason for RJH going/living abroad. Though for me, it's still realistically not possible since NK citizens abroad are still under surveillance, especially if RJH is there under the name of National Orchestra. Even Dan is going to Russia to perform in an official event... 

On another side, it'll also be controversial if RJH is clearly defected or they're clearly married (the issue of Citizenship remains). 

This drama has tried its best to wrap it up satisfactorily and I really applaud them for that... It's really the best they can come up with without causing any troubles for themselves. 

NOW GIVE ME THE DVD. 

I NEED TO SIGN UP. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 12
  • Insightful 3

12 minutes ago, pnaysurfer84 said:

@clandeast

OMG! It’s great to know that they actually “got married”. 

Great news even though it was omitted due to political reasons.

And no wonder they got that massive tiered cake for their finale dinner...I was wondering why the heck does that look like a wedding tiered cake?!?! That was why LOL! 

Thank you CLOY team! You guys are seriously the best! 

apparently they did. and that explains too the circulating photo of twins being held by SR's Dad and the NIS guy. I really really hope it will get released. It's a waste if those scenes are not going to be published in any way.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1

Whatever the ending could have been... what's done is done. Unless they would release the footages in a special episode or in DVD's. It would have been soooo cute to see them married and have twins. 

The best consolation i can think of is when HB and SYJ decides to get married in life :glasses:

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, clandeast said:

Omg! If this is true, I hope the deleted scenes are gonna be added in dvd/bluray. Want to watch it badly.

Lets request tvN to include all deleted scenes in its DVD/bluray. is it possible? :sweat_smile:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, siti nor' ain said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8o8gDunLjY/?igshid=1m10uhzqnuwnj

new pics shared by the official photog.

This pic does not have SYJ/RJH photo frames..wonder if that was added as an after thought in post-production. Maybe they did have multiple endings shot beforehand...thank god they didn't try to sell us a sad/open-ended one with Seri waiting for him or something. 

• Like 8

@ChunSungIm I was thinking about the twin babies pic last night and was convinced we would see them with twins in the end cos I couldn’t think of a scenario where they would need twins for baby SR. It was already too late to bring up some type of past where SR is unexpectedly a twin. I haven’t seen that pic before of the baby in SR’s apartment but that’s so sad if they changed the ending cos someone leaked it :tears: 

I would have preferred an ending with twin babies anyways even if I knew it was coming cos that just cements the whole ending even more for me! I just wanted JH to get his twin babies :bawling: I’ll just have to assume it happened sometime in the future and they live together happily in their Switzerland house on the mountain growing beautiful flowers and tomato plants together.

• Like 5

Good decision on taking out the controversial scenes! Aside from political issues, JH in South Korea in a very near future without a clear plot of his parents' death wont sit well with most viewers. 

I am so so so happy with how they ended it. Now, I hope they will show these scenes in youtube / directors cut.

• Like 7

Re-watching. This happened after the Mount Everest of reunions  at the DMZ so I was too flustered to remember. During the face-off with the ambitious general, I loved how Man Bok moved forward to shield RJH from potential gun fire, RJH pulling him back to protect him, and all four ducklings covering RJH with their bodies as well.

If that's not love, I don't know what else is. I can't say it loud enough, I love my little ducklings. Was I the only one who noticed how the table inside RHJ's house at the outpost looked sorely lacking without Seri? Truly, saudade.

Saudade is a deep emotional state of nostalgic or profound melancholic longing for an absent somethings or someones that one cares for and/or loves while simultaneously having positive emotions towards the future. Moreover, it often carries a repressed knowledge that the object of longing might never be had again.

CLOY's ending may be lacking with the things we truly wanted in an ending but it is quite fitting so we could have all the ending that we want in our minds. We may have had different ending preferences due to our personal inclinations and cultures, but we all do have one thing in common-- we want them to be happy and be together in the end.

In my mind, the peace treaty will follow in a few years time. Seri is already pregnant during that last kiss and will give birth in a few months time in Switzerland. Jeong Hyeok will lend his hand to the realization of One Korea, and it will be  just in time for his children to understand the beauty of friendship between a once divided nation.

It may take time but I believe it will happen during their lifetimes. I'm laughing now thinking of RJH and Seri's visuals at the end. They turned from a political version of Romeo and Juliet to Crazy Rich Asians real quick lol.

• Like 13
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6