[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

Urgh I dislike bringing this up again Can we sue the party back for making sensationalised claims? :lol: 

This is a drama as many has said before, not a news report.

I hope the team and writer stands strong despite the “controversy”. I also hope the writer doesn’t get swayed by the opinions of the fans (even in our requests of passionate kisses if they’re untimely and don’t fit into the storyline!) and writes a strong second half that ends beautifully in this story of healing and love that crosses borders.

I also like this story how there is a strong female lead. Although Captain Ri has been quite the protector throughout the first half of the drama, Seri has also protected him in different ways and have given him a new purpose in his life after suffering from the loss of his brother. I hope she will now protect him now that he’s in Seoul! Hoping F5 and her can all come up with a brilliant and strategic plan to defeat the bad guy and her evil brothers.

• Like 12

24 minutes ago, c Cinc said:

As jamy47 pointed out, the conservatives in SK are protesting against this drama due to their fear that South Koreans would have a romanticized view of NK. It is a fair argument. However, I would argue that this presumption is a disservice to the intelligence of its South Korean audience. These SK conservatives are essentially sending the message that they need to protect their citizens from a FICTITIOUS world because they are too naive and gullible to not be able to discern between fiction and reality.

Anyways, I am not worried about this. This is not the first time a tVN drama has had to deal with such a complaint. Plus, I am pretty sure that the production team had the foresight to prepare for this knowing that they would be tackling a politically sensitive matter. If this actually leads to arbitration, tVN could easily win this by arguing that they have a disclaimer in the beginning of every episodes that what they are about to see are FICTITIOUS. I am just irked when people politicize art. I watch dramas as an escape from my already politicized reality, I do not need it injected into my dramas.:angry:

Very well said, thanks!! Like @jamy47 I also would like Seri and JeongHyeok to stay in North Korea but as she stated it is purely because of drama, it would be stupid to consider it in real life. I believe people are clever enough to distinguish difference between real and fiction. However there is one thing that is presented in the drama that might validate the Christian party's claim (not that i agree with their accusation). Besides the upright and moral Captain RJH and his family, normal civilians are presented as warm people and contrast with south koreans in the drama is striking. However the north koreans are mere civilians compared to South koreans in the drama (we only saw Seri's family as South Koreans) so if we compare them there is a clear difference. South Koreans seem more materialistic while North koreans seem more sentimental and moral. Since we don't have equal settings, comparisons between two sample is not right. therefore I believe the Christian party never watched the drama but only gathered their accusations based on the drama reviews like mine where i want North Korean happy ending.

The drama is only emphasising normality of those people and moreover the sameness with North and South Koreans based on how they daily lives and customs are. But National Security Law is challenging these type of movements and attempts to normalize North Koreans. It strictly prohibits any pro-North Korean sympathy. However Drama production already put the disclaimer in each and every episode i agree with you that it won't be any problem that involves prosecution. 

There are interesting papers that discuss the reunification and reaction of both South and North Koreans to it, if you like to check (i don't know if i am allowed to share it here, sorry if i am not): 

Grzelczyk, V., 2014. New approaches to North Korean politics after reunification: The search for a common Korean identity,  Communist and Post-Communist Studies, 47, 179-190.

Millard, A.S., 2018. Reunification on the Korean Peninsula: Is Social Reunification possible?, KOREA OBSERVER, 49(2),191-217.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Winny said:

Hi,  I was just re-watching this episode (at home sick and bored with CNY:sweatingbullets:), my observation is, the pin is on his Navy blue inner jacket (the one he's wearing during dinner), the jacket he wore in the elevator and bidding his dad farewell is the long Black over coat. Then when JH is drinking beer with SR, he has only his inner jacket, the pin is on his jacket again.

I also notice the Pyongyang guard has his pin in his inner jacket too, he lifted his over coat to show SJ his pin when he was asking them about it.

So i think,  the production team did pay attention to details... the pin was just under the Long over coat JH is wearing. :D

Good observation!!! :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I've been re-watching earlier episodes of CLOY. And now that I have watched the scene with the parents where Jung Hyuk confessed that he didn't give Seri up to the State Security Department because he didn't want her to get hurt, I get to experience every scene in a different light. Gosh, his admission was so outright and so unapologetic.

It all makes sense now, why he takes time to make noodles from scratch for a total stranger. Why he keeps on chasing after her, keeps protecting her, risking everything. Because he's already in love with her. Even Seri realizes it.

His actions toward her are twice as beautiful to watch because I already know what is in his heart. That scene in the market with the scented candle, he must have been so scared for her. The fact that he instructs his men to protect her every time he goes out of the house. Or that time when he rode a bike to fetch her. Even when he ran up the mountain only to end up paragliding with her thru the mountain. I could only imagine what he's thinking. He already loves her that much. :kiss_wink:

Ah, so many more earlier scenes to re-watch. Even the coffee-making scene is more heart fluttering now.

EOoKAZLWsAAwJPU?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 11
  • Love 7

"Crash Landing on You" Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin Top January Brand Reputation Rankings

photo1146254.jpg

cr: hancinema

TvN drama "Crash Landing on You" actors Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin came in 1st and 2nd place of the Drama Actor Brand Reputation Rankings for January of 2020.

The Korea Institute of Corporate Repuration measured 108,665,572 brand big data of 50 actors appearing in the dramas aired from December 22nd, 2019 to January 23rd, 2020, based on the amount of brand participation, media volume, traffic volume and communication volume among consumers. Since then, it has been indexed with brand reputation algorithms.

The top 30 actors for January of 2020 are Hyun Bin, Son Ye-jin, Ahn Hyo-seop, Namgoong Min, Lee Sung-kyung, Park Eun-bin, Han Suk-kyu, Seo Hyun-jin, Cho Yeo-jeong, Kim Jung-hyun, Joo Sang-wook, Seo Ji-hye, Oh Na-ra, Park Young-gyu, Ha Ji-won, Kim Bo-ra, Han Da-gam, Ahn Jae-hyun, Seol In-ah, Cha Ye-ryun, Yoon Kye-sang, Kim Joo-hun, Jin Se-yeon, Ok Taecyeon, Oh Min-suk, Oh Yeon-seo, Lee Yeon-hee, Oh Jung-se, Lee Ji-hoon-I and Shin Dong-wook.

www.newsen.com/news_v...

• Like 12

Hard to keep up on this thread! But did anyone notice that the kite Seri saw flying into the air that distracted her while she was stopped at the red light, found itself on the tree outside RJH’s house when he was opening his brother’s watch to get the memory card?

• Like 20
  • Insightful 2

7 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

Hard to keep up on this thread! But did anyone notice that the kite Seri saw flying into the air that distracted her while she was stopped at the red light, found itself on the tree outside RJH’s house when he was opening his brother’s watch to get the memory card?

Yes. And I feel that it was used to emphasise 'fate' that they would reunite.

• Like 12

Still re-watching past episodes. OMG the thirst and hunger is real.

Look at him, he looked so traumatized. Poor old man. 

Ri Jung Hyuk's dad probably had to kill, torture people and do a lot of unspeakable things in order for him to one of the most powerful men in North Korea, but nothing prepared him for seeing his son flirt with the woman he obviously loves. He would probably prefer looking at detached limbs swimming in a pool of blood than witness their cheese-tastic reunion :D:P

RJH parents had surely accepted Seri as their own that very day, even if it means grave danger to their family. They have a literally dead son and one that's dead on the inside. RHJ's father has probably seen so many gruesome crimes against humanity that saving these two love birds would be all worth it. If push comes to shove, Daddy Ri will protect Seri at all cost. It was never mentioned in the epilogue with the ducklings going to SK but it's a given.

I also remember that family dinner with Seo Dan's mom. He'd been there and has probably seen the stark contrast between RHJ temperament around both women. RJH with Seo Dan is cold, calculated and almost robotic. RJH with Seri is warm, passionate and protective-- ready to defy and disown even him if the situation arises. Seri is their daughter now too.

EOoI-P5WoAEsnfC?format=jpg&name=large

This scene is going to be a classic. :D

• Like 13
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

I’m loving this show, absolutely adoring it. I can understand with the controversial setting or pairing, that this may be interpreted differently in SK, so I will just be giving my perspective as an American. I think SR’s fondness for the North wasn’t the writers efforts to be ‘pro communism or Anything like that, but highlighting how someone living the most luxurious and best possible life style, actually enjoyed such a simple and ‘less developed’ life in NK. It was showing how home is where the heart is. It’s highlighting her bonds with the people there and how there are no barriers no matter the political or cultural climate to bonding with someone from ‘the other side of the train tracks.’  SR refers to her and RJH as Romeo and Juliet aka star crossed lovers. I’m sure if a similar show was made here where an American ends up in the Middle East in a terrorist labeled  country, such a pairing like this would be met with much controversy in the US, especially if the American enjoyed living there like SR did. Another instance I can think of is an American and Russian together, and how much backlash that would get since an American could be at risk of ‘treason’ for wanting to move to Russia for loved one. I wish love had no limits or bounds and that reality, the world was at a stage of universal peace so no possible social interaction and bond could be withheld. 

• Like 21

Hello comrades.

I have been out of touch with the forums ever since Moonlight Drawn By Clouds have ended, but CLOY dragged me back here. And now, my fragile shipper heart have given in.

I am so in love with our BBs. I sincerely hope they date IRL. Hihi..

Feb 1 feels like a lifetime away. There's a special episode this weekend but that wouldn't be enough to satiate our hunger for Ep. 11 and I don't even know if there's gonna be subs for it. So I feel really bad and missing uri namja HB and uri melo queen SYJ.

I wanted to share an observation from the earlier episodes (since there's nothing to do but rewatch clips). I totally agree that RJH seems to know YSR from their chance encounter in Switzerland. That smile during the epilogue in Ep. 1 says it all. Likewise, the scene in Ep. 2 when YSR asks RJH's name after the crying in front of a stranger moment and he tells her it's better that she forgets everything when she returns to SK has taken a different meaning to me. It's like he's subtly showing bitterness, that somehow YSR has forgotten about him and their time in Switzerland. (He might be thinking, "Why remember? Go ahead and just forget about it like what you did right now. No biggie.")

I dunno. Maybe it's just me. Hihi..

• Like 11
  • Insightful 1

I was on the fence about him remembering but his reaction when she played the piece &told him she heard someone playing it in Switzerland &she memorized it...he just laughs to himself like "omg u have got to be kidding me". So that made me feel he was just as surprised as she was. Although I can see how possibly she wouldn't remember him with her being suicidal at the time but seems he would remember standing face to face with her there at the pier& on the bridge

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, Dana T said:

I was on the fence about him remembering but his reaction when she played the piece &told him she heard someone playing it in Switzerland &she memorized it...he just laughs to himself like "omg u have got to be kidding me". So that made me feel he was just as surprised as she was. Although I can see how possibly she wouldn't remember him with her being suicidal at the time but seems he would remember standing face to face with her there at the pier& on the bridge

In my opinion he remembers her from Switzerland at the bridge and, maybe even at the path (when watching by coincidence at his side the paraglide). Before noticing her suicidal behavior, he looked a little smitten with her beauty and he was sneakily trying to take a picture of her with the landscape. :blush:

For me, the reason why he was genuinely surprised is because he didn’t see her while he was playing the piano. At that moment, he was returning to NK full of sadness and she was at the boat watching him from afar (the close up image that they showed to us for me it was to emphasize the moment, but they weren’t actually facing in front of each other). So, he was truly surprised because that shows more that they are fated.:heart:

OMO, I am having a hard time trying to focus in anything else while waiting for ep 11 hahaha. In the meanwhile, I have been watching BTS and interviews, photo sessions ,...  OMO each time I am more convinced that there is something in the air between HB and SYJ! Hahaha those genuine smiles, gazes, skinship,... SYJ us very confident with him. HB openly smiles but smiles that (in my many years following him as a fan) I have not seen! Lol maybe is my imagination but I cannot avoid it to strongly ship them now hahaha

• Like 15
  • Love 3

I know the initial flashback while she was on boat was from a distance but you think also the flashback when they were facing each other in his room of them facing each other next to pier was just for our benefit..don't think they were actually face to face then? I do agree that when she was taking their pic after bridge scene &she commented "he could do better" the smile on his face implied to me he was taken by her. I also agree that there seems to be something different about him &his interactions with her. I have also seem most of his dramas &read article here on forum about his being an introvert &I can totally see that yet he seems so open &comfortable with her. Even in the bts he's more playful&smiles more than I've ever noticed. I watched a video of him& Park Shin Hye which I also love &there was not near the chemistry or openness. He seemed much more reserved. Maybe it's due to their age difference or just because we've heard so much hype about he& Son but they do seem to be a legitimately good pairing. Both very true to who they are , never been married,  focused on career's, quite introverted people 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Dana T said:

but you think also the flashback when they were facing each other in his room of them facing each other next to pier was just for our benefit

Yeah, I think so. Mainly reason is because SR has been looking to know who wrote/played the piano song. If they have been facing each other at that moment I believe that she will have asked/thanked him then and there. So, I think it was more to emphasize their fate to be together. 

3 hours ago, Dana T said:

. I watched a video of him& Park Shin Hye which I also love &there was not near the chemistry or openness

Ditto. I like PSH and I rewatched their BTS and yeah even though he was nice, he still seems more reserved. With SYJ, it’s a whole diferent side if him. He looks more cute too hahaha (for example in the BTS when he cleaned her shoulder of snow, in a very casual way,... I was like “wait a moment” hahaha). 

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, sussieh said:

Ditto. I like PSH and I rewatched their BTS and yeah even though he was nice, he still seems more reserved. With SYJ, it’s a whole diferent side if him. He looks more cute too hahaha (for example in the BTS when he cleaned her shoulder of snow, in a very casual way,... I was like “wait a moment” hahaha). 

If you watch Secret Garden BTS, the main couple is supercute too. I think Hyun Bin had a great chemistry with Han Ji Won and It felt in the drama. And I feel the same in Crash Landing on you. 

---------------------------

Jung Hae In sent Son Yejin a food truck (I love them in Pretty Noona who buys me food). It supposed to have been on 01/24.

I'm not familiar with Seollal festivities but this years are 24-26, they aren't? So they're filming even almost everybody in South Korea is with their families? I'm not sure if this is usual in kdrama shootings.

• Like 4
  • Love 2