[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

Emily, a K-Drama fan with a TikTok account followed by 17.9K+ people, posted a video of her dad watching the 2019 hit <Crash Landing On You > and it went viral . The videos are uploaded on her IG 

https://www.instagram.com/sunbaenim2509/p/CXZ_s1zJOsf/?utm_medium=copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXZ-hSpJt1s/?utm_medium=copy_link

This TikToker’s “Most Viral Video” In 2021 Is Actually Her Dad Crying Over An Iconic K-Drama

To be fair…That show hit us too.  We definitely relate

Emily (@emilyjhink) is a K-Drama fan with a TikTok account followed by 17.9K+ people. So, inevitably, when she posted a video of her dad watching the 2019 hit Crash Landing On You, it went viral with over 2M+ views.

In the original TikTok shared May 2021, Emily captured her dad wiping his tears away while watching episode nine, in which Captain Ri (played by actor Hyun Bin) bids farewell as Yoon Se Ri (played by actress Son Ye Jin) heads back to South Korea.

The next day, Emily shared another TikTok with her dad on the phone as she told him how he became “TikTok famous” and “so many people love [him].” 

By the final episode, and #TeamCLOY remembers how incredibly emotional that episode was, Emily’s mom couldn’t hold back the tears either. With Huckleberry trying to comfort mom and dad, the four-part reaction TikToks became complete.

Emily’s dad mentioned in one of the TikToks that he is “glad [Emily] introduced [him] to the world of K-Dramas” and that he looks forward to catching “another one, not too far in the future.”

BFE21-DB6-A898-4-B45-868-E-B25858396907.

[No 1 HIT] What was the most watched Korean drama on Netflix Japan in 2021?  Popularity ranking TOP10

2021-12-10  Writer: Nana

1st Place "Crash Landing on You"

909-E6-C39-E92-E-479-E-94-A1-DC12-F18-F0

“Crash Landing On You” Synopsis 

A South Korean chaebol lady who was involved in an unexpected accident while paragliding and crash landed in North Korea. At the house of a straight-laced officer I met there, I would hide my identity and live ...

Source: https://filmarks.com/dramas/8650/12354

What was the most watched Korean drama on Netflix in Japan in 2021? The most popular ranking is "Crash Landing on Love". 
This work, which is loved all over the world, depicts the novel theme of North Korea and unwavering pure love. 2020 was a year of crash landing, including being selected as one of the Top 10 in the U-Can New Words and Popular Words Awards! In Japan, it became an "entrance" work with a large number of people who became addicted to the Korean drama swamp. Such a work won the first place for 21 years following 20 years! 
In South Korea, where the audience rating of romance dramas is sluggish, the audience is captivated and the audience rating is high every time. It is called "national romantic comedy" and has gained tremendous support from old drama fans. 

“Crash Landing On You” Viewers Impression

When I read the review, it said that I cried every episode from the middle, but I was wondering where I cried because I couldn't cry so much (I didn't cry until 10 episodes ago, but the content is sloppy) but it's amazing. .. I can't stop tears. I couldn't stop consuming my runny nose, tears and tissue so much that I had never cried so much. 
I cried so much that I was sobbing ... I was originally a crybaby, but I never thought I would cry so much

Source: https://filmarks.com/dramas/8650/12354?page=3

The streets of North Korea, the contrasting Korean world, costumes, music, colors, stories, developments, conversations, combinations of the two, and the other casts were all awesome. I cried with a runny nose so much that I was no longer a human being. I watched it without sleeping.

Source: https://filmarks.com/dramas/8650/12354?page=6

https://korea.kaigai-drama-board.com/posts/3923?p=5

2021/12/12   <Crash Landing On You> 522 days on Netflix Japan rank 7th place 

Captains like Hyun Bin do not exist in North Korea.

— Kang Nara

Okay, but captains like Hyun Bin do not exist in South Korea either.

— South Korea YouTube Viewer

North Korean Youtuber shared What’s Real and What’s Not in “Crash Landing On You”

“It’s a well made show…”

On CLAB Girls‘s YouTube channel, a North Korean defector Kang Narareviewed the hit K-Drama series Crash Landing On You and shared what’s real about North Korea as shown on the show.

Kang Nara shared that she actually had a chance to advise the Crash Landing On You production team on certain North Korean facts and that about 60% of the show’s portrayal of North Korea is accurate.

“I got to help them out last summer. They came to interview me at a cafe. It’s a well made show… I would say about 60% of how North Korea is portrayed in the show is actually accurate.”

— Kang Nara

According to Kang Nara, Crash Landing On You has recreated the average North Korean residence quite well. She pointed out that the team perfected the small details, like how the dining table comes without chairs so the family has to sit on the floor to eat.

“And the curtains… The richer families in North Korea like to show off their wealth by adding lace curtains to their windows. So that was pretty well portrayed… And the kimchi cave! Since rural North Korea doesn’t get electricity, they don’t have refrigerators. They have kimchi caves where they store kimchi and that was also recreated “

As far as the visuals go, Kang Nara playfully commented that captains like Hyun Bin do not exist in North Korea — to which the viewers had a hilarious reaction:

28Q2bgJl_vYRhPNnsjCkpckrw3X8veJFh1DJg9mZTZzuj50Vl02hRWbx6Fgz34RHhPeE_SJNUQX9JYscq5NWRmZCKWC0qGwxqQ=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

Okay, but captains like Hyun Bin do not exist in South Korea either.

— YouTube Viewer

However, she shared, the four soldiers look and sound almost natural. Their uniforms are also exactly like the ones actual North Korean soldiers wear, adding to the overall realness of the show.

“I don’t know where they learned the North Korean dialect, but they are really good at it. Especially that one soldier Pyo Chi Su has it down to a T.”

— Kang Nara

Kang Nara also revealed that North Korean women wear their hair tied, as it gets told in an episode. According to her, North Koreans consider it socially unacceptable.

42ILiy6WhtqUqgXqlK3wyU8zD3QMYW4PFQkK80MAURCywP73-iRoWXv76u7tpHJjzyv3Lo5haIS38vPoxzxcJQRE0uz9x-smYHw=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

42ILiy6WhtqUqgXqlK3wyU8zD3QMYW4PFQkK80MAURCywP73-iRoWXv76u7tpHJjzyv3Lo5haIS38vPoxzxcJQRE0uz9x-smYHw=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

“It’s called saseukke when a woman has her hair down. People will comment on it, like ‘That saseukke of a weirdo’ or whatever. It’s considered unacceptable to have your hair down and wild like this. So everyone wears it in a ponytail. That’s why there is a scene that shows Hyun Bin tying Son Ye Jin’s hair. Yeah… Having your hair down is considered a sign of capitalism and not allowed.”

— Kang Nara

more write-up on below link

https://www.koreaboo.com/stories/north-korean-youtuber-shared-whats-real-whats-not-in-crash-landing/

The 75 Best Netflix Shows and Original Series to Watch Right Now

It’s the weekend, or a sick day, or just a regular Tuesday night, and you need to binge-watch something. You don’t just want it, you need it. Where to begin? Fear not — we’re here to help. Below you’ll find an ever-expanding recommended list of TV shows available on Netflix, curated by us TV-obsessives. The mix covers a myriad of genres, lengths, countries of origins, and much more, but the one thing they have in common is that they are all excellent. If you want the full monty, peruse our picks for the best series and TV shows on Netflix right now below.

Editor's note: This article was last updated on December 10 to add "Midnight Mass."

2. Crash Landing on You

85-FB7-F37-C57-D-4-D30-9-BBD-9343134-D75

https://youtu.be/GVQGWgeVc4k

Created by: Park Ji-eun

Cast: Hyun Bin, Son Ye-jin, Kim Jung-hyun, Seo Ji-hye

It's a tale as old as time — a successful South Korean businesswoman and heiress goes paragliding and winds up crashing in the North Korean section of the DMZ, where she ultimately crosses paths with a North Korean army captain. Rather than turn her in, however, he decides to help her hide out, and if you've seen any kind of romantic TV before, you know where this is going. A lot of Netflix viewers found this K-drama over the COVID lockdown period because, as it turns out, some of us really want to follow along with not only one of the best romantic K-dramas out there but one of the most epic love stories you'll ever see on TV, period. - Carly Lane

https://collider.com/best-tv-shows-on-netflix-right-now/

[2019/12/14 ~ 2020/02/16]

HAPPY 2nd Anniversary of <Crash Landing On You>

Always, forever, thank you to the scriptwriter, director, cast members and staffs for creating such a phenomenal masterpiece that will always be a drama that leaves a special feeling in everyone's hearts and that many of us still go back & rewatch it

305463-FA-CD6-F-47-F3-A982-C3-BE6-AF32-C

67-D8-C95-A-E51-B-4-F7-F-BFD9-676-B8758-

70-A93-BBB-4-B23-4955-A30-F-51-D97685381

First Episode Rating of 6.1%

Last Episode Rating of 21.7%

tvN's highest ratings ever...

Spoiler

07-F8-D0-EF-F128-4-C55-9-AD1-89-D67-AAE2

77-A0-F65-B-2280-4270-AFE9-AE593-E00-E28

[2019/12/14] 2nd anniversary of <Crash Landing On You> broadcasting.  

What a CLOY day without a CLOY updated pdf well compiled by a group of CLOY fans and this FMV CLOY video sums up all the feels one could possibly get from watching it,  making us tear.

:cutekitty:

D1151516-3325-4986-9043-467-B38-BBA512.j

<Crash Landing On You>

2nd Anniversary Projects from International CLOY fans

2nd CLOY Billboard 

A CLOY Billboard display ad in Regulation Bldg Gangnam Seoul organized specifically for CLOY 2nd Anniversary from International CLOY fans together with SMART Communication Philippines (telco who endorsed Hyun Bin and Son Yejin)

Date: 2021/12/14 ~ 2021/12/24 for 10 days till Xmas Eve.  

Place: Regulation Bldg Gangnam Seoul

1st CLOY Billboard 

Support Event from Isetwald Philippines was placed thru myloveceleb apps (CHOEADOL_CELEB). The fans put up a CM LED display dedicated to  Hyun Bin to celebrate the 2nd anniversary of <Crash Landing On You> in Korea

Date: 2021/12/08 ~ 2021/12/21

Place: Konkuk University Station in Hwayang-dong South Korea

Greatest K-Drama OSTs of All Time

2021-12-17 | ALL KPOP

There might be many reasons as to why a K-drama is worth watching. Maybe when its storyline is good, the chemistry between the main leads spark that fire, or because their acting is amazing. But what makes the show memorable is the OSTs, the soundtracks that add power to a scene.

Over the years, there have been many tracks produced for dramas that became eternal. These songs are the life of the show and are still on everyone’s lips even after all these years. 

Here are some of the best K-Drama OSTs of all time.

3. Sunset – Davichi (Crash Landing on You)

Davichi is known as the OST queens as the duo has produced some of the best Kdrama tracks of all time. Sunset from Crash Landing on You is a slow-comforting song with lyrics that perfectly define the love between the two main leads. 

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/12/greatest-k-drama-osts-of-all-time

45 K-Dramas You’ll Be Completely Hooked On

Wait, how is it already 2am?

By Ineye Komonibo Zoe Guy Quinci LeGardye | MARIE CLARIE | Published 2022/12/14 

If you're not watching Korean dramas, better known as K-dramas, then you're missing out in several ways. First, there's the big-picture, cultural impact to consider: K-dramas have become a worldwide phenomenon, and if you're going to be a pop culture connoisseur/productive denizen of the entertainment-loving internet—and you're here, so you obviously are both of those things—then you need to be versed in all things K-drama. And then there's the more important reason to watch K-dramas: They are addictive and amazing, and you'll thank yourself for adding them to your pop culture diet.

Known for their interesting storylines and intense (if sometimes predictable) plot twists, Korean dramas can go from super sappy to incredibly heartbreaking to "RickRoll'D, what was that?" in a heartbeat. That variety is exactly what keeps viewers coming back for more. Here, we've listed the best K-dramas to watch.

2. “Crash Landing on You”

A South Korean heiress, Yoon Se-ri, gets caught in a storm while paragliding and finds herself blown off course into North Korea. Se-ri then runs into Ri Jeong-hyeok, Captain of the North Korean Special Forces and a member of the North Korean elite family. Captain Ri eventually hatches a plan to get Se-ri back to South Korea with the help of his squad, but not before they all tackle the obstacles that come their way—and then some. This drama mixes romance with comedy and ultimately tells the tale of two star-crossed lovers. It's currently the highest rated tvN drama and the second-highest Korean drama in cable television history.

watch it on netflix

https://www.marieclaire.com/culture/a26895105/best-korean-dramas/

7 Times ‘Crash Landing on You’ Broke Our Hearts and Stitched it Back Together Again

2021-12-15 | Jenna Anne | Marveous Greeks Media

Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin in Crash Landing on You

©Netflix/tvN

We are back with more Crash Landing on You  because I have entirely too many feelings about this wonderful show. This time we are going into the times Yoon Se-ri and Ri Jeong-Hyeok broke my heart and stitched it back together again because my heart that has been battered, bruised, and healed by these two. I had decided on the number seven because I like it, and I need to limit myself. There are, of course, more scenes that destroy me (and more characters that have a big impact), but these are the ones that hit me the hardest.  

Major Spoilers Ahead. 
Trigger Warning: Suicide

1. Ri Jeong Hyeok’s Last Performance  

Spoiler

The pain I felt for Yoon Se-ri and Ri Jeong-hyeok during this scene was real. They didn’t even know each other at this point and yet they were connected in an intangible way. Jeong-hyeok had just lost his brother and performed the song he wrote for Ri Mu-hyeok for the first and last time. Meanwhile, Se-ri was ready to give up on her life. She has been so incredibly lonely and was never close with her family. Se-ri and her brothers have always been competing with each other. Se-ri loves her mother, but has been abandoned by her in multiple ways because she is the daughter of another woman. It is clear how much the distance with in her family weighs on her and the sadness it causes.

While sailing on a lake, trying to let the beauty of Switzerland inspire her to live again, she hears a piano play across the lake. We are lucky to get a little narration from Se-ri about that time, giving us more understanding of the person she was. She was looking for consolation, “… I still wanted to hear someone say that I could live and I must keep on living.” Then she hears the melody like “it was the answer to my prayer.”

In episode 9, as soon as Se-ri sat down at Jeong-hyeok’s piano, I got chills. I knew what was coming, but I wasn’t ready. Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin were fantastic in this scene, treating it with reverence. It feels precious and intimate. Se-ri starts playing his song, and he gets up, startled to hear his song. He saved her before he knew her, and she tells him so. When she opens up about not wanting to live, Jeong-hyeok keeps his face neutral, hiding the worry he feels, but we know he hears every word she says, and it stays with him.

2. The Snow Storm

Spoiler

After a tense time with Gu Seung-jun, Se-ri is full of anxiety over Jeong-hyeok. She worries that she has broken his life. She pushes him away in the snow after he walked through the woods to find her when he should still be healing in the hospital. Not to mention the fact that he took care of a few guards at the house. (Maybe he should be in the Avengers.) He would stop at nothing to save her. And then she tells him to leave, and her engagement to Gu Seung-jun will guarantee her return to the South. Yet, Ri Jeong-hyeok knows her and is not completely convinced. He asks he if she means it. Se-ri is able to look him in the eye and tell him so. As soon as he leaves, she breaks. She cannot let him walk back to the hospital in a blizzard.

We love “hurt and comfort” here, and Se-ri following Jeong-hyeok and taking care of him in an abandoned school is glorious! Even with the new tension between them. Later, as they try to keep warm, she asks if Seo Dan is his first love. With the music and the look on his face, we know it’s actually Yoon Se-ri who is his first love. It is so sweet and heartbreaking knowing the road is far from easy for these two. The moment is broken with Se-ri’s jab at him being a single-forever type. (His reaction had me laughing.) These two once again healed my heart even with the forced distance between them.

3. Seri Taken  

Spoiler

I can’t believe this happens in the same episode as the snow storm. Se-ri refuses to leave Jeong-hyeok until he feels better, but other forces keep that from happening. We cannot even get into the fact that she bought the watch he gifted his brother at the pawn shop, but it deserves mention. Before she can give Jeong-hyeok his gift, however, she is taken.

He wakes up to find a Christmas tree she decorated only to have her call a few minutes later, and clearly things are not okay. If she told him what she sees, he would find her. The way he pleads with her to do so is gut-wrenching. He was already running through the woods to find her. He believed he could find her no matter what. The call ends with Se-ri declaring her love, followed by a gunshot ringing in Jeong-hyeok’s ears. He looks completely shattered. He is shaking and, at the same time, frozen in place. His greatest fear, he thinks, has come to pass.

He does find her (of course) at his parents’ house, making his confrontation with his father is heartbreaking. The tears in his eyes and Hyun Bin’s delivery is desperation personified. He feels guilty for not having been there when his brother died, and he cannot lose the next closest person to him. He says it would be as if he were living in hell, and my heart aches. Thankfully his mother intervenes with Se-ri, and their reunion is beautiful. The care and concern between the two is palpable. This scene is made better all the more by his father’s reaction to Se-ri and Jeong-hyeok. There is abject horror on his face as he watches the reunion. He cannot believe his son is blatantly in love with a woman from South Korea, and it’s somehow a hilarious scene.

4. Goodbye on the border & Hello Seoul

Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin in Crash Landing on you ©Netflix/tvN

Their farewells on the border are something else. Ri Jeong-hyeok said, “how could I forget a woman who fell from the sky.” She corrects him, saying that she descended. I love this banter so much, and it helps alleviate the pain of this scene and showcases their connection. They were both trying to make the best of a terrible situation, trying to keep it light while saying their goodbyes. It is such an interesting scene as well because there is a finality to it, but at the same time, it doesn’t feel finished. They aren’t finished. The quiet journey to the border is full of unsaid thoughts. Then Se-ri steps over the border, and Jeong-hyeok cannot let her leave without a kiss, and my heart melted.

They are reunited at the end of the next episode, taking place a few weeks later. Jeong-hyeok goes through unbelievable lengths to find her and protect her from Cho Cheol-gang. (He is really raising my expectations in men.) Se-ri’s first thought upon reuniting once again is that she hates dreams like this because she is so sad when she wakes up, and oh boy, does that gut me. But then they hug, and my heart heals a bit. When I first watched this, I was so excited to see Jeong-hyeok in South Korea, knowing that on top of all the amazing scenes they will share, he would have to get used to the South.

5. Se-ri’s Birthday  

Spoiler

Se-ri comes home to an empty apartment after telling Jeong-hyeok she understands and is okay with the fact that he has to leave immediately when he finds Cho Cheol-gang. But she isn’t. She comes home on her birthday to an empty apartment and breaks down. Jeong-hyeok and the guys come in ready to celebrate her birthday only to find her sobbing on the floor in the dark. They are all at a loss for what to do, and when she walks out, it’s Pyo Chi-su who motions with the penguin stuffed animal he is holding for Jeong-hyeok to go follow her.

Jeong-hyeok holds Se-ri from behind in comfort. This moment is so intimate even though it takes place on the sidewalk. He says that her next birthday will also be good because he will be thinking of her, grateful that she was born into this world. Then she confesses, telling him she thought he had left. And what gets me the most is him asking if she plans on crying like that when he leaves. But Se-ri is one strong woman. She comforts him in return, telling him that she has resources to protect herself, and she worries for his family’s safety with him helping her. The care and consideration Se-ri and Jeong-hyeok give each other is so beautiful. I love that this show gives them the room to go deeper into their feelings and fears. They make one badass team.

6. In the line of fire

Spoiler

Jeong-hyeok’s cries as she falls from the car are haunting. She saved him and almost died in the process. His internal monologue as she is brought into the hospital is so heartbreaking. We get to hear why Ri Jeong-hyeok has distanced himself from the world and people because of the loss of his brother. And now he faces losing the person he loves most in the world once again. It takes days for her to wake up, and I hate her siblings for having him removed from his bodyguard status. On the flip side, we get a glorious scene of him running through the hospital to get to her when she wakes up. When he sees her, you can feel his relief. He breaks down and finally says, “I love you.” (Many tears were shed by me as well as Jeong-hyeok.)

The guys were monitoring the situation, just as anxious (well, not as anxious as Jeong-hyeok), listening into Se-ri’s hospital room thanks to Jung Man-bok’s bug he placed on her hospital bed. This made for a great scene that had me laughing, which was much needed in the midst of all this angst. They were treating her family drama like a K-drama. The way each of them reacted when they had the earpiece was golden.

7. Final Goodbye and the Wrong Train

Spoiler

Se-ri Runs to Jeong-hyeok as he is just on the other side of the border, yelling at him. The raw emotion Son Ye-jin is channeling is something else I don’t have the proper words for. The pain in Jeong-hyeok’s voice as he yells at Se-ri not to run to him after her brush with death haunts me. The tears would not stop at this scene. “You came into my life like a gift.” Just rip my heart out. It would hurt less. We also see the guys watching on with tears in their eyes, making it worse. Se-ri asks Jeong-hyeok if there is any way they could see each other again, and he responds by referencing their time at the abandoned village. “Just wait and pray desperately.” (Do tears hydrate your skin or dry it out because of the salt content? Asking for a friend.)

While the pain was alleviated in bits and pieces throughout the finale, I could not breathe easily again until they finally, finally reunited. Once more, with a less-than-graceful landing of a paragliding excursion. Then, she hears his voice from outside her mess of a paraglider. She runs to him and hugs him, asking how he found her. Jeong-hyeok’s line of getting on the wrong train as a call back to their conversation by the fire is brilliant and fits with the theme of destiny.

I was not ready for how much time would pass, but two years (or is it three?) in all is not so bad given their impossible situation, but it hurts. They don’t get the traditional happy ending, but they get two weeks a year with the person they love. I have a headcanon that they write journals for each other throughout the year and give them to each other. I will also keep my fingers crossed that they make another season and somehow manage to live together.

HONORABLE MENTION: A Kiss in the RainSe-ri and Jeong-Hyeok in Crash Landing on You

I am throwing in one more because this was so sweet! After Jeong-hyeok wakes up from surgery he yells at Se-ri for not leaving when she had the chance. The chance he and Park Kwang-beom put their lives on the line for. But she stayed to return the favor and give him her blood and save his life in return. Son Ye-jin’s expressions here kill me. You can see how Se-ri feels as if she doesn’t belong there but doesn’t want to be anywhere else.

After learning of the circumstances of his recovery, Jeong-hyeok leaves his room to find Se-ri alone outside in the rain. The growing emotions of the past weeks finally come to the surface and he acts on them. Jeong-hyeok is apologetic, and with his “wistful” eyes, they share their first real kiss. This is made even better by the blush on his face after the fact.

In conclusion, Crash Landing on You is full of emotions that will hurt and heal you. (I am finishing up my rewatch already and crying more than the first time.) Comment below and share with us what scenes got you the most! 

https://marvelousgeeksmedia.com/2021/12/15/7-times-crash-landing-on-you-broke-our-hearts-and-stitched-it-back-together-again/

<Crash Landing On You>

2nd Anniversary Projects from International CLOY fans

3rd CLOY Billboard 

2nd CLOY Billboard  organized specifically for CLOY 2nd Anniversary from International CLOY fans together with SMARTCommunication Philippines (The co who endorsed Hyun Bin and Son Yejin)

Date: 2021/12/17 ~ 2021/12/25 from 6:00am-12:00am KST 

Place: Hongdae Subway

2nd CLOY Billboard 

Date: 2021/12/14 ~ 2021/12/24 for 10 days till Xmas Eve.  

Place: Regulation Bldg Gangnam Seoul

Spoiler

From the same group International CLOY fans together with SMART Communication Philippines

1st CLOY Billboard 

Date: 2021/12/08 ~ 2021/12/21

Place: Konkuk University Station in Hwayang-dong South Korea

Spoiler

Support Event from Isetwald Philippines placed thru myloveceleb apps (CHOEADOL_CELEB). The fans put up a CM LED display dedicated to  Hyun Bin to celebrate the 2nd anniversary of <Crash Landing On You>.

The OFFICIAL Top 10 Most Popular K-Pop OSTs of 2021, According to Spotify Wrapped

Some of these OSTs are old but gold!

On December 1, Spotify revealed its annual “2021 Wrapped” campaign by announcing the top artists, albums, songs, playlists and podcasts from creators on the platform for over 381 million users worldwide. Included among the data were a variety of topics specifically for the K-Pop genre!

Here’s a look at the 10 top K-Pop OSTs of 2021, based on the data collected by Spotify.

7. “Flower” by  Yoon Mirae (Crash Landing on You)

“Flower” was released in 2019 as an OST for the K-Drama Crash Landing On You. Currently on Spotify, it has 34.6 million streams!

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/kpop-osts-official-top-10-popular-2021-according-spotify-wrapped/

In celebration of the yuletide season, CJ ENM  will continuously re-broadcast <Crash Landing On You> on 12/24-12/26

Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin's 'Sabul' → Yoo Jae-seok and Na Young-seok PD 'Rewind', Christmas special compilation

Reporter Kang Bo-ra | SINGLE LIST

2021.12.23 14:31

This Christmas and year-end and New Year holidays, CJ ENM, which presents various contents every year, presents a warm stay at home with a rich content lineup.

909-E6-C39-E92-E-479-E-94-A1-DC12-F18-F0

tvN airs 'Crash Landing on You', starring Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin, will be broadcast continuously from 12 pm on the 24th and 11 am on the 25th and 26th.

http://www.slist.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=320772

2021/12/23  <Crash Landing On You> 533 days on Netflix Japan Ranking  No. 8 

In the small village of Iseltwald, people gather at a pier, not to catch a boat but to take a picture of where their favourite Korea  drama “Crash Landing On  You” was filmed ~ BBC News

Love story sends TV fans in search of idyllic Alps

By Sophie Williams |  BBC News
2021-12-26

A couple stand, holding hands on the landing pier in IseltwaldIMAGE SOURCE, TED RAYES

Image caption, 
A large part of Crash Landing On You was filmed in Switzerland

In the small village of Iseltwald, people gather at a pier, not to catch a boat but to take a picture of where their favourite Korean drama was filmed.

Crash Landing On You is a love story in which a high-flying South Korean heiress accidentally paraglides into North Korea, lands on a soldier and falls in love with him. 

Large sections of the TV show were filmed in Switzerland and now fans are travelling to various locations to reminisce. 

At the landing pier, people queue to take photos, film videos and some even bring drones to make sure they've got the perfect shot. 

"Crash Landing on You is a beautiful story of two people coming from very opposing worlds and falling in love despite their differences. I found this story very heart-warming and inspiring," said Yanina Seifermann, a German who loved watching the show and decided to visit because the locations were so beautiful. 

"It was so amazing. I instantly felt transported back to the scenes of the K-drama and felt more connected to the characters," she told the BBC.

Just five minutes away from the pier in Iseltwald is Hotel Chalet du Lac, where one staff member owes his job to the show.

Carlo Fittipaldi, who lives a short drive away in Interlaken, was looking for work when his wife suggested he look in Iseltwald after seeing it on Crash Landing On You. 

Chalet du Lac took him on and now he sees tourists entering the hotel to ask questions about the location. 

"Thank God, thanks to my wife and thanks to the Korean TV series," he told the BBC. "I didn't even know the existence of Iseltwald in the past!"

"During the summer I'd often see dozens of people at once, waiting at a distance to take pictures on the dock. I see them in the morning every time I go to work," he said. Seri pictured in IseltwaldIMAGE SOURCE, NETFLIX

Image caption, 
Crash Landing On You has been incredibly popular on streaming site Netflix

But there is a risk of Iseltwald becoming a victim of its own success. One poster on Instagram complained of having wait up to half an hour for another tourist to finish taking pictures. 

"After finishing, she stood to check photos on her mobile phone like a crocodile blocking a canal," the user wrote. 

Iseltwald isn't the only spot in the Interlaken area that fans of the show are heading to. Scan through Instagram and you'll see scores of fans recreating scenes from the show in places such as Sigriswil and Grindelwald. 

Nana Chiang, who lives in London, visited First mountain near Grindelwald as well as Iseltwald. 

Map around Interlaken

"Me and my boyfriend really love the drama so we took photos in the exact same place," she told the BBC, explaining how she had also made videos using music from the drama. "It's very exciting to see the scenes in real life!"

"I was not a huge fan of K-dramas but Crash Landing On You really got me into it. It fixed my boredom from the Covid lockdown," she said. It also helped her reconnect with friends in Taiwan who were also watching it.

Spoiler
Nana and her boyfriend pose at First in GrindelwaldIMAGE SOURCE, NANA CHIANG

Image caption, 

Nana Chiang and her boyfriend visited First in Grindelwald to recreate one of the scenes

The show was released just before a number of countries went into lockdown and became a big global success.

It became South Korea's third-highest rated drama in cable television history, with a nationwide average viewership of 21%. In China, the streaming service screening the show crashed on the night of the final episode due to the sheer number of users. 

Beyond Asia it also did well, stunning the Interlaken tourist board which has described the show's reach as "phenomenal". 

"We had some hope but, no, we never counted on such a huge reach and popularity that Crash Landing On You brought with it," Renato Julier of Interlaken tourism told the BBC. 

Bus companies in neighbouring Italy have already organised tours to the most popular locations in the show such as Iseltwald, Sigriswil and Lake Brienz, he said.

"We are sure people will be impressed by the unbelievably good images of the series."

Spoiler

Sigriswil bridgeImage caption, 

Some companies have already started running trips to locations such as Sigriswil bridge and Iseltwald

It's not the first time people have been drawn to idyllic destinations in Europe based on their favourite film or television show. 

For decades, tourists have headed to Austria to see the sites around Salzburg popularised by The Sound of Music.

As with the 1965 classic musical, there are hopes that the beautiful scenery used in the Korean drama will attract more visitors, especially once people are able to fully travel as pandemic restrictions ease. 

"It is and will continue to be a good point to show our future guests the beauty of the Interlaken holiday region," Mr Julier said.

• Like 1

Ashley Park of  Netflix series “Emily In Paris” mentioned in her interview that she watched  “Crash Landing On  You” 3 times

K-pop without 'Emily'... Why is 'Dynamite' ‧ 'Any Song' out there?

2021.12.28. 6:47 am

[Sports TV News = Reporter Jung Yoo-jin] Netflix's drama 'Emily, Goes to Paris 2' seems to have fallen in love with K-pop. 

In addition to the scene of BTS singing 'Dynamite' in Netflix's hit 'Emily, Going to Paris 2', the main characters are again proving the influence of K-pop by doing Zico's 'Any Song' challenge through SNS. 

In episode 1 of 'Emily Goes to Paris 2', which was released to the world on the 22nd, Mindy (Ashley Park), the best friend of the main character Emily (Lily Collins), was depicted singing BTS' 'Dynamite' at a club….

Ashley Park also revealed that she is a K-pop fan through several media interviews. In a recent interview with American Vogue, he said that it was his idea to sing BTS' 'Dynamite'. Ashley Park said

In an interview with Elle last year, she said, "I was a huge fan of Mnet's 'I-Land'. I voted every week and I plan to go to a concert someday to support the N-Hyphen members. Could I sing a song by Blackpink that I've been listening to a lot lately? Netflix documentary I've seen it too," he said, announcing that he's a K-pop fan. 

Also, "I like actress Son Ye-jin, so I sat down to watch 'Crash Landing on You' and  I've watched it about three times so far. It's amazing to be able to watch Korean dramas like this on Netflix, and to be able to share each other's works across borders." They also responded that they were surprised by the excellent K-content

Insight