[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

7 hours ago, forumsoomp said:

To say CLOY has been robbed of awards is incorrect.  They were nominated under several categories and at least they won a total of 4 awards:

Best New Supporting Actress; 

Best Icon Award;

Best Actress Popularity Award

Best Actor Popularity Award

Be consoled  and be fair that it is way impossible to sweep all the awards under CLOY, all the judges will be bruisedly bashed by Netizens and other fans.  If  some CLOY fans are still sore about it, then lodge an official complaint directly to Baeksan Group otherwise there is endless grouses.

Just remember :   "One man's meat is another man's poison"  no one can agree & think alike that CLOY's team is only the best in South Korea and accept the reality that you win some & lose some but cannot win all.

i think a lot of us would be okay if cloy AT LEAST got the best screenplay or director award. i mean writer park ji eun did cloy justice by wrapping up the main story and the side character’s story so neatly. the script is bulletproof, it is so well written. director also serve us great visuals. acting was on point, osts were great.

for me cloy is perfectly balanced, make us cry and laugh. i’ve been watching kdrama since fullhouse days and i can say this is the only kdrama that keep me going back and rewatch over and over again and not getting bored. how many of us have been rewatching, seriously? 

cloy is robbed.

this is just me expressing my opinion. lets all be nice to each other. peace 

• Like 3
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, cloyftw said:

i think a lot of us would be okay if cloy AT LEAST got the best screenplay or director award. i mean writer park ji eun did cloy justice by wrapping up the main story and the side character’s story so neatly. the script is bulletproof, it is so well written. director also serve us great visuals. acting was on point, osts were great.

for me cloy is perfectly balanced, make us cry and laugh. i’ve been watching kdrama since fullhouse days and i can say this is the only kdrama that keep me going back and rewatch over and over again and not getting bored. how many of us have been rewatching, seriously? 

cloy is robbed.

this is just me expressing my opinion. lets all be nice to each other. peace 

Bravo well sad, admire your politeness.  Being in a gracious society, we should debate reasonable & accept negative comments without showing anger. Afterall Soompi is a public forum meant for the whole world to participate. It's a joy to share opinions & exchange notes - what's a forum anyway. Only wish  we have more fans like you who is able to react so calmly & friendly.  Yes, let's be nice to each other, life is short why harbour hatred to create enemies over some actors & actresses.

• Unamused 1
  • Thanks 1

@cloyftw  agree with you..

We all want to maintain peace in a public forum . But when moods of the people are already off..you don't go there rubbing salt at their wounds falsely accusing them of being immature  or blind.

There is a difference between giving diverse opinion and being a troll -in -disguise- of -a- saint. Just by clicking at the person's profile and checking their  previous posts , the  intentions are revealed even if they try to sugarcoat their words later on..

If the consolation words had come from a genuine CLOY fan I wouldn't mind..But yeah won't let a troll slide away.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 3
  • Thanks 2

CLOY popularity across the world continues to be reported by media. :D Proud of CLOY, no matter what!! Let the naysayers go elsewhere. :D We know why we love CLOY and so does the rest of the world.

• Awesome 5

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 06. 08.

Hyun Bin x Son Ye Jin rise to lead Hallyu thanks to "Crash Landing on You"

6E1CBDE1-AE37-4285-83AD-E15EEDAE8177.jpg

Actors Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin of "Crash Landing on You" drama are at the center of the strong Korean wave. In the international fan community, the two are nicknamed "RiRi Couple" (named after 2 characters in the drama, Ri Jung Hyuk and Yoon Se Ri). "Crash Landing on You" becomes the best Hallyu content following "Descendants of the Sun" - the best Hallyu drama before the ban on Hallyu.

"Crash Landing on You" (tvN), which premiered on December 14, 2019, ended with episode 16 in February. Its highest rating was 21.7% (according to standards for households using paid platforms nationwide, Nielsen Korea). This has been the biggest feat among the tvN dramas so far. The drama was broadcast simultaneously in Korea and Netflix. In the situation where the Hallyu wave faces limitations due to the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic and cultural bans from China towards South Korea, "Crash Landing on You" had a decisive step when using the Netflix platform.

30166275-6421-4C46-91F5-A062E168596F.jpg

As soon as it had been on air in February, "Crash Landing on You" entered the top 10 of Netflix Japan for 10 weeks. The work went more viral when Japanese celebrities said that they were its fans. Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin are even more popular than the "Song-Song Couple" (Song Hye Kyo and Song Joong Ki) and are gaining support from a wide range of ages.

Not only Japan, Netflix also created a more powerful influence than before based on the platform of users from 190 nations worldwide. The power of content is getting stronger when society is practicing compulsory social distancing due to the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic. Standing alongside blockbusters such as "Money Heist", "Stranger Things", "The Walking Dead", "Crash Landing on You" has claimed No.4 of the most-watched contents on OTT worldwide according to statistics by PC magazine (the US). It can be seen that "Crash Landing on You" has reached global popularity as it received praise from BBC (the UK) and Washington Post (the US).

Recently, there are various indicators that can illustrate the level of global popularity of "Crash Landing on You". The vote for the Actor Popularity Award of the "56th Baeksang Arts Awards" was carried out on TikTok. TikTok is a representative global OTT app that owns a larger number of international users than Korean ones. Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin were ahead of all current idol fandoms to win No.1 amid the support of worldwide fans. The couple's level of public recognition is inherently remarkable, but the key factor that helps them benefit from the global fandom is "Crash Landing on You". The most notable work among foreign representatives is undoubtedly "Crash Landing on You".

An entertainment insider shared, "Recently, Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin are grabbing more interest than anticipated. With the simultaneous broadcast on Netflix, 'Crash Landing on You' is contributing to reviving the Hallyu sensation. Apart from curiosity about the depiction of North Korea, the film was screened right at the time the OTT users soared up due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Notably, as for Hyun Bin's case, he yet again consolidated his status as a Hallyu representative star and thereby received a load of invitations for cooperation from many countries. Following "Secret Garden", "Crash Landing on You" brought a chance that helped Hyun Bin raise his rank among actors."

Reporter Hwang So Young hwang.soyoung@jtbc.co.kr
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Helena said:

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 06. 08.

Hyun Bin x Son Ye Jin rise to lead Hallyu thanks to "Crash Landing on You"

Actors Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin of "Crash Landing on You" drama are at the center of the strong Korean wave. In the international fan community, the two are nicknamed "RiRi Couple" (named after 2 characters in the drama, Ri Jung Hyuk and Yoon Se Ri). "Crash Landing on You" becomes the best Hallyu content following "Descendants of the Sun" - the best Hallyu drama before the ban on Hallyu.

Woohoo, my heart flutters! This is real GRAND PRIZE! 

• Like 1

Like so much of you I was disappointed with the lukewarm showing of CLOY at the awards show, but I truly believe that more than any award recognition, the most important contribution of CLOY is its cultural impact not just through Asia but to the West as well. Has there been any previous Kdrama that got ranked Top 10 in Netflix US? Got a write-up by NBC News (one of the four major broadcasting media in the US)? CLOY was the gateway to Kdramas to a big Western audience (it's my first Kdrama, I live in the US), and boy, what a ride it was. 

It got me thinking then, because of its huge popularity and impact, that it's possible be remade in other countries. But I think it's storyline is just too  unique with the SK-NK angle going on. Are there any other countries in this world that has the same dynamic of SK-NK in which a remake can be based on? The only close comparison I can think of is maybe Taiwan-China. I don't know of anything else.

That's why I think while it's fun to think CLOY may get remade, I'm not sure how a remake can ever match its unique charm and story. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Very happy to share new reports in Korean media on CLOY and Binjin's popularity in Japan. So glad Korea is paying attention to CLOY's impact in different continents!

Credit to @mamipoppins who posted this article at Binjin thread :

This article explains the popularity of CLOY in Japan (in Korean) The show has transcended the usual audience of K-dramas because of its widespread appeal across different age groups and all genders.

"In the past, the main consumer of Korean Wave dramas in Japan were housewives fans in their 40s and 50s, while the'non-trial of love' is widely loved not only by young people in their 20s and 30s, but also by teenagers and men in their 50s."

http://news.kmib.co.kr/article/view.asp?arcid=0014671748&code=61131211&cp=nv

I also found this video on tweeter :

- The beginning of the video shows Bae Yong Jun of Winter Sonata and his arrival in Japan airport which created a frenzy! He became a mega super star in Japan during that period and was popular for almost 5-10years (not sure of exact timing that I read in article). The Japan media is actually comparing CLOY and Binjin with Winter Sonata and its lead stars!!! That is ONE BIG COMPLIMENT cuz Winter Sonata was not just a Hallyu Wave to Japan, it was literally a Hallyu Typhoon that swept into the country!!

VIDEO 1 :

VIDEO 2 :

• Like 1
  • Awesome 4

One big BA-BAM for CLOY. The whole up take of the plot and story development were the ones that caught my attention, aside from the cast. There was a blogger, I think she’s famous in giving in depth analysis per episode, I was swept by it. So, I couldn’t take my heart out of this wonderful drama. I really don’t know how’s upcoming awards work, just hoping for a well deserved recognition. 

I’m waiting for more articles and features about CLOY, got too attached. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Here comes the Eng subs for the TV news of CLOY's popularity in Japan!!  There are some missing parts (mostly where they interviewed the Japanese celebrities) but the key segments are all translated. Proud of CLOY!!

Might be easier to watch the complete video via the Insta link :

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2

@campanulah sorry comrade CLOY & others here, i'm late in replying as i haven't spazzing here for a while LOLs yes i think some of us it not all have been really into CLOY for a while & hard to break away eh? wave wave to you all @TotoroSY who's been diligently posting here even after the drama ended & some new faces if you will!

i can't wait for our OTP to have another go with a new drama, perhaps a sequel? hehehe:blush:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jbelr said:

One big BA-BAM for CLOY. The whole up take of the plot and story development were the ones that caught my attention, aside from the cast. There was a blogger, I think she’s famous in giving in depth analysis per episode, I was swept by it. So, I couldn’t take my heart out of this wonderful drama. I really don’t know how’s upcoming awards work, just hoping for a well deserved recognition. 

I’m waiting for more articles and features about CLOY, got too attached. 

One Blogger rated B++.  I'm so annoyed. CLOY deserve more than a B++. It was my first kdrama...so this series definitely set the bar high. I watched other recommended high rating series after and I can't say they are better than CLOY. 

@NYXbaby would you mind sharing the blogger’s review? We all know it’s always subjective, biases are all over. But one thing is for sure, for the majority and a non Kdrama fan for a long time like me,  and the rest of the world, it’s a masterpiece. Like many of us mentioned here, they set the bar too high that we always go back to watching CLOY instead. It’s actually funny  for Kdrama first timers because it’ll be difficult to choose and watch another one without comparing, it happened to me. :sweatingbullets: I just either watch SYJ movies or HYUN BIN’s :blush:

• Like 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, NYXbaby said:

One Blogger rated B++.  I'm so annoyed. CLOY deserve more than a B++. It was my first kdrama...so this series definitely set the bar high. I watched other recommended high rating series after and I can't say they are better than CLOY. 

Reviews are always subjective..

But I found this site where the person is from the States and has watched hundreds  of kdramas including those which were aired almost two decades ago.. Guess what..she gave CLOY an A+.. Although the review is not that elaborate cause you know everything is already said so many times. Still I liked many of the points she mentioned as a veteran kdrama watcher http://www.kdramalove.com/CrashLanding.html

However I don't agree with all of her other A+ dramas...but for CLOY I  agree totally..

Even I have watched around 60-65 kdramas but CLOY has set the bar so high that I have not been able to finish a single series since CLOY ended.

Don't feel bad due to someone's difference in taste.. People have certain preferences but what matters the most is that the majority of  opinions are in CLOY'S favour . One more point..with the increase in hype, people's behaviour tends to become elitist and they will try to scrutinize it brutally. However CLOY overcame all of it and its journey is still going smooth. Cheer up!!:)

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, NYXbaby said:

I think I know which blogger you are referring. She is actually one of my favourite reviewer for dramas and I usually am very in line with her reviews. For CLOY, if you read in detail what she wrote, she actually love the drama but found there was slow-pace in the middle of the drama. Some also felt it, but that's OK. Preferences are subjective. To me CLOY is A+. :D  And it is A+ in many many viewers hearts. Most importantly it has moved the hearts of so many people from all over the world, and the impact is not just on the drama itself but also the whole of Kdrama cuz many started getting into Kdramas cuz of CLOY. How much bigger impact can it get? CLOY has given another BIG LIFT to the Hallyu Wave! Legendary indeed!

@eLizza  Thanks for the link of the CLOY review! Wow, the blogger has really watched a LOT a LOT of Kdramas!! Her list of reviews is amazing! Will go read that up. If we go to MyDramaList, most of the reviews (around 166 in last count which is one of the highest for Kdramas) are really positive and with solid reasons why. And the ratings are also still very high even with more than 10K people rating it. High viewership and high ratings! Just shows how great CLOY is and how loved it is!

• Like 2
  • Love 1