[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

9 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

Baeksang Awards nominated CLOY & it seems the voting from fans is making CLOY wins from Best Actress, Best Actor, Supporting, etc. Here's the link fr hancinema:

https://www.hancinema.net/56th-baeksang-arts-awards-2020--dramas-nominees-list-141309.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+hancinema%2FAUJj+(HanCinema+Daily+News)

If you chingoos have time, please vote for our fave CLOY :D Our fave SYJ & HB are gaining lots of votes so far! that's nice & they truly deserve it!

Just voted!! But not sure why Supporting Actress doesn't have the names listed out so can't vote for that. CLOY is winning so far in all the categories LOL!! But Best Actress is facing strong contender from Kim Hee Ae, which is not a surprise.

10 hours ago, MsHoon2219 said:

OMG I’m on the same boat. :sweat_smile: I have just been lurking on this forum for a few years when I get into some occasional kdrama binge  but I didn’t really bother on joining since I wasn’t that invested in those shows but my goodness CLOY changed all that :joy: I had post drama depression when I finished watching it a couple of months ago. I thought I’ll get over soon enough but here I am now today,  still can’t stop thinking about and almost

obsessing over it. I listen to its OSTs almost everyday and would regularly check FB, Instagram, Twitter and basically scouring whole internet for every bits and pieces about the show and its main leads. I also read fanfics, some are really awesome btw. My recent book purchases also involves NK/SK content (currently reading The Girl With Seven Names - a story about an NK defector) I have also started watching other kdramas on netflix but I would still end up rewatching cloy - I’m on my 4th rewatch. :joy: My friends think it’s funny and has started nicknaming my husband Capt Ri - he’s  Korean-American and thinks he looks like Hyun Bin lmao 

Hahaha! That's the CLOY syndrome that all the fans confess they have. I also listen to the OST all the time, and check social media and forums for updates or discussions, and read a lot about North Korea and watch videos about NK defectors stories and how they feel about CLOY etc. I am also currently on my 4th CLOY rewatch - I watch it slowly as I also catch up on other new dramas now. May need 6 months before we can fully get over CLOY lol!!

Your friends calling your husband Capt Ri is the cutest thing ever LOL!! I do hope he really looks like HB - you're one lucky gal!

• Love 2

hi everyone! New to this forum and i've been silently reading the past pages in this thread (400+ pages is no joke lol) and enjoyed the various conversations, discussions and reviews here! I finished watching CLOY back in mid-April and as befitting its title, this show crash landed onto my heart and got me hook, line and sinker. My last korean drama I remember watching was back in 2005/2006 LOL and thanks to the lockdown and hype surrounding CLOY, I finally started watching it in early April without any expectations...and look where it got me lol. 

Just a quick note - I'm from Malaysia and when I started watching CLOY in April, it was constantly on my Netflix Top 10 list...and the past 2 days I realised, eventhough it dropped out from the top 10 a while previously, it was back in the Top 10 AGAIN and it was no.8 yesterday..3 months after the finale. It's pretty rare (or hardly ever happens as far as I know) to see a show in the top 10 for this long. Definitely well deserved. 

Also love how CLOY has been recognised and positively reviewed worldwide as many has mentioned - from the big names no less! I saw the TIME article the other day but now it's on Al-jazeera too? I really, really hope the Baeksang judges realize what an impact CLOY has made to the SK entertainment industry and also on people's interest & awareness of the SK-NK history and geopolitical climate. I honestly can't say that there are many korean dramas that has had this level of impact :) 

Edited by anney
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1

@TotoroSY said: Just voted!! But not sure why Supporting Actress doesn't have the names listed out so can't vote for that. CLOY is winning so far in all the categories LOL!! But Best Actress is facing strong contender from Kim Hee Ae, which is not a surprise.

Glad you're able to cast your vote already where i did mine yday! IKR? coz we can cast our votes for the supporting actress! I believe may come up to be the winner coz the votes right now are overwhelmingly leaning towards them! I haven't seen KHA projs so not sure if i ever hv seen her!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, NYXbaby said:

Are we allowed to exchange piano sheet music for the soundtrack on here? 

Not too sure about the rules here but I don’t see no harm esp when you give credit to its owners whenever necessary. So share away! Lol 

15 hours ago, TotoroSY said:

Hahaha! That's the CLOY syndrome that all the fans confess they have. I also listen to the OST all the time, and check social media and forums for updates or discussions, and read a lot about North Korea and watch videos about NK defectors stories and how they feel about CLOY etc. I am also currently on my 4th CLOY rewatch - I watch it slowly as I also catch up on other new dramas now. May need 6 months before we can fully get over CLOY lol!!

Your friends calling your husband Capt Ri is the cutest thing ever LOL!! I do hope he really looks like HB - you're one lucky gal!

cloy group hugs to you all LOL! You are right, quoting our OTP, we might need a 6 month mourning period just to get over this craziness! and unfortunately, no matter how much I wish the huz looks like Capt Ri, he’s waaay off lmao. Though they kinda have the same body built, broad shoulders and dimples so I guess that still counts hahah. 

9 hours ago, anney said:

hi everyone! New to this forum and i've been silently reading the past pages in this thread (400+ pages is no joke lol) and enjoyed the various conversations, discussions and reviews here! I finished watching CLOY back in mid-April and as befitting its title, this show crash landed onto my heart and got me hook, line and sinker. My last korean drama I remember watching was back in 2005/2006 LOL and thanks to the lockdown and hype surrounding CLOY, I finally started watching it in early April without any expectations...and look where it got me lol. 

Just a quick note - I'm from Malaysia and when I started watching CLOY in April, it was constantly on my Netflix Top 10 list...and the past 2 days I realised, eventhough it dropped out from the top 10 a while previously, it was back in the Top 10 AGAIN and it was no.8 yesterday..3 months after the finale. It's pretty rare (or hardly ever happens as far as I know) to see a show in the top 10 for this long. Definitely well deserved. 

Also love how CLOY has been recognised and positively reviewed worldwide as many has mentioned - from the big names no less! I saw the TIME article the other day but now it's on Al-jazeera too? I really, really hope the Baeksang judges realize what an impact CLOY has made to the SK entertainment industry and also on people's interest & awareness of the SK-NK history and geopolitical climate. I honestly can't say that there are many korean dramas that has had this level of impact :) 

Bless you for your patience! I’m still on pages 80+ backreading. Haha. 

I believe back in feb-mar- april CLOY pretty much topped the list of the most watched TV show across asia even the middle east and it’s still in the top 10 as we speak. It’s also number 1 in Japan last I read here. What’s amazing as well is it was able to break through the US and even Europe! The other day, somebody on twitter shared an article on Naver about how the show is currently popular in Italy and France. Plus a few articles from the UK has also given it positive reviews, most prominently the BBC. Suffice to say, CLOY is conquering the world like a pandemic! This is the only virus I’d be happy to be infected. Lol

I’ve also read reviews on reddit and their sentiments towards the show are very much like ours. Everybody has a hard time moving on :lol:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

@TotoroSY said: Just voted!! But not sure why Supporting Actress doesn't have the names listed out so can't vote for that. CLOY is winning so far in all the categories LOL!! But Best Actress is facing strong contender from Kim Hee Ae, which is not a surprise.

Glad you're able to cast your vote already where i did mine yday! IKR? coz we can cast our votes for the supporting actress! I believe may come up to be the winner coz the votes right now are overwhelmingly leaning towards them! I haven't seen KHA projs so not sure if i ever hv seen her!

I voted again today! Best Actress is super super close now - only difference of 10 votes between SYJ and KHA.... the rest CLOY is leading by a bigger margin.  Did you manage to vote for Best Supporting Actress?

6 hours ago, MsHoon2219 said:

cloy group hugs to you all LOL! You are right, quoting our OTP, we might need a 6 month mourning period just to get over this craziness! and unfortunately, no matter how much I wish the huz looks like Capt Ri, he’s waaay off lmao. Though they kinda have the same body built, broad shoulders and dimples so I guess that still counts hahah. 

I believe back in feb-mar- april CLOY pretty much topped the list of the most watched TV show across asia even the middle east and it’s still in the top 10 as we speak. It’s also number 1 in Japan last I read here. What’s amazing as well is it was able to break through the US and even Europe! The other day, somebody on twitter shared an article on Naver about how the show is currently popular in Italy and France. Plus a few articles from the UK has also given it positive reviews, most prominently the BBC. Suffice to say, CLOY is conquering the world like a pandemic! This is the only virus I’d be happy to be infected. Lol

I’ve also read reviews on reddit and their sentiments towards the show are very much like ours. Everybody has a hard time moving on :lol:

Your husband has dimples, so that's close enough to Captain Ri. :D

Was CLOY Top 10 in Middle East too? And yes it's #1 in Japan last week - not sure about this week. And wow even Italy and France? 

Can you send me the link on Reddit about CLOY? Would love to read the reviews there too. It's amazing that CLOY is just so loved ACROSS different groups of people, country, forums, age group etc. It just have very wide mass appeal and hit the right spot for everyone.

16 hours ago, anney said:

Hi! I am from Malaysia too! And yes, I was amazed how CLOY kept the #1 position for almost 6 to 8 weeks after the finale. That's like 42 to 56 days of straight #1 which is just crazy!  It's now back to Top 10 in Msia and moving up from #10 to #8.  Maybe cuz of the Baeksang news announcement, though I don't see the other kdramas in Baeksang going into Top 10. It just have very strong word-of-mouth. All the friends and family around me seemed to have watch it too lol!

20 hours ago, eLizza said:

So happy that CLOY continues to hit the international news! I like how the article covers comments from different countries ie SK to US etc. Shows how it's loved by all people of different culture.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

@TotoroSY i didn't vote again yet but i think u mentioned prev about the actress in TWOM now that I googled this drama I must say, yes i've seen her old projs and u know I checked this drama & woah she's good & the story is quite interesting! She's a good actress!

I can't believe this CLOY thread is still active after so many months now that it folded :) that's good! It looks like it's gg to win! No i haven't got a chance to vote for BSA!

• Like 2

“TIME” Selects “10 Best K-Dramas To Watch On Netflix”…

With Netflix‘s K-Drama game growing stronger by the minute, solid viewer recommendations have been keeping the Quarantined generation of 2020 busy.

065099000_1576488298-crash_landing1.jpg

The list included, in no particular order, these ten titles: Crash Landing On YouItaewon ClassMr. SunshineKingdomWhen The Camellia BloomsSignalPrison PlaybookStranger, all of the Reply series (1997, 1994, and 1988), and Hi Bye Mama.

https://www.koreaboo.com/stories/time-selects-top-10-k-dramas-watch-netflix-korean-netizens-couldnt-agree-less/

• Like 2
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, TotoroSY said:

I voted again today! Best Actress is super super close now - only difference of 10 votes between SYJ and KHA.... the rest CLOY is leading by a bigger margin.  Did you manage to vote for Best Supporting Actress?

Your husband has dimples, so that's close enough to Captain Ri. :D

Was CLOY Top 10 in Middle East too? And yes it's #1 in Japan last week - not sure about this week. And wow even Italy and France? 

Can you send me the link on Reddit about CLOY? Would love to read the reviews there too. It's amazing that CLOY is just so loved ACROSS different groups of people, country, forums, age group etc. It just have very wide mass appeal and hit the right spot for everyone.

Hi! I am from Malaysia too! And yes, I was amazed how CLOY kept the #1 position for almost 6 to 8 weeks after the finale. That's like 42 to 56 days of straight #1 which is just crazy!  It's now back to Top 10 in Msia and moving up from #10 to #8.  Maybe cuz of the Baeksang news announcement, though I don't see the other kdramas in Baeksang going into Top 10. It just have very strong word-of-mouth. All the friends and family around me seemed to have watch it too lol!

So happy that CLOY continues to hit the international news! I like how the article covers comments from different countries ie SK to US etc. Shows how it's loved by all people of different culture.

There were screenshots of Netflix Top 10 shared on A CLOY Facebook page back in Mar which shows the show’s ranking in different countries and cloy was number 1 in the UAE and another Middle Eastern country, I believe it was Saudi but I’m not too sure now. Lol. We used to live in the UAE and still have friends over there who were also watching the show back then. I should have shared the naver article here about cloy’s popularity in Europe but I was too lazy lol I’ll post it here when I see it again. Lovely to know you’re from Malaysia! I am US based but was born in the Philippines where CLOY fever is also very high for the past few months! I heard it was also number one for many weeks and is still in the Top 10 as we speak. Cloy hasn’t appeared on the US Top 10 so far since they include movies as well that’s why I was ecstatic to have read that CLOY actually made it to top 3 or 6 for most watched TV shows on Netlix US. I’m now on a mission to convince my non-Asian friends to get into the hype. :lol:

There’s plenty CLOY related threads on reddit and a discussion board as well while it was airing. It’s fun to read just like this thread. Here’s the main link: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/CrashLandingOnYou/

and yayy! CLOY has been featured by almost all major media outlets around the world! CNN I am waiting for you! (although CNN is pretty much the same as TIME, isn’t it?) Lol 

• Thanks 1

CLOY climbed one more step in Netflix Malaysia and is at #7 today!! Will get into Top 5 again? Fighting CLOY!!

On 5/15/2020 at 12:18 PM, hibiscus23 said:

@TotoroSY i didn't vote again yet but i think u mentioned prev about the actress in TWOM now that I googled this drama I must say, yes i've seen her old projs and u know I checked this drama & woah she's good & the story is quite interesting! She's a good actress!

I can't believe this CLOY thread is still active after so many months now that it folded :) that's good! It looks like it's gg to win! No i haven't got a chance to vote for BSA!

Yes, KHA is a very well-respected veteran actress. And she is 53 years old this year!! She looks so good for her age.

I am also glad COY thread is active again. I miss discussing the drama. Just today some younger friends were talking about Kdramas and they all have watched Crash Landing (that's what they call it) and like it too. :D

On 5/15/2020 at 1:17 PM, ChunSungIm said:

“TIME” Selects “10 Best K-Dramas To Watch On Netflix”…

With Netflix‘s K-Drama game growing stronger by the minute, solid viewer recommendations have been keeping the Quarantined generation of 2020 busy.

065099000_1576488298-crash_landing1.jpg

The list included, in no particular order, these ten titles: Crash Landing On YouItaewon ClassMr. SunshineKingdomWhen The Camellia BloomsSignalPrison PlaybookStranger, all of the Reply series (1997, 1994, and 1988), and Hi Bye Mama.

https://www.koreaboo.com/stories/time-selects-top-10-k-dramas-watch-netflix-korean-netizens-couldnt-agree-less/

So the TIME article was picked up by other online media sites and also some blogsites. Very good!! Hope SK media will also pick up on it as we head towards Baeksang. More promotion for CLOY!!

15 hours ago, MsHoon2219 said:

There were screenshots of Netflix Top 10 shared on A CLOY Facebook page back in Mar which shows the show’s ranking in different countries and cloy was number 1 in the UAE and another Middle Eastern country, I believe it was Saudi but I’m not too sure now. Lol. We used to live in the UAE and still have friends over there who were also watching the show back then. I should have shared the naver article here about cloy’s popularity in Europe but I was too lazy lol I’ll post it here when I see it again. Lovely to know you’re from Malaysia! I am US based but was born in the Philippines where CLOY fever is also very high for the past few months! I heard it was also number one for many weeks and is still in the Top 10 as we speak. Cloy hasn’t appeared on the US Top 10 so far since they include movies as well that’s why I was ecstatic to have read that CLOY actually made it to top 3 or 6 for most watched TV shows on Netlix US. I’m now on a mission to convince my non-Asian friends to get into the hype. :lol:

There’s plenty CLOY related threads on reddit and a discussion board as well while it was airing. It’s fun to read just like this thread. Here’s the main link: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/CrashLandingOnYou/

and yayy! CLOY has been featured by almost all major media outlets around the world! CNN I am waiting for you! (although CNN is pretty much the same as TIME, isn’t it?) Lol 

Yes I do recall seeing some of the screen capture for CLOY Netflix ranking in different countries. I must have missed the ones on UAE and Middle East. CLOY is like a crazy phenomena in the Philippines!! All the top celebrities going mad over it, and posting it on social media. So many new fans of HB and SYJ etc. In Malaysia, it was also popular but probably not to the level in the Phil. But I was happy to see one major Malaysia publication reviewing CLOY, and the journalist who is a guy gave very positive review and was surprised he liked the show so much LOL!! As for US, the data we have seen so far for Most Watched Shows are not from Netflix but from a secondary source called Reelgood (since Netflix don't share those weekly and daily data). But it's a good indicator. Thanks for letting us know that Netflix US incl Movies and TV Series into one ranking - wonder why they do that. We will have actual Netflix ranking most likely only at the end of 2020 which is a long way off. Annual ranking will be tough for CLOY to get in - the competition is too tough in US.

Thanks for the Reddit link - will go check it out. 

CNN covering CLOY will be the bomb LOL!! I think even BBC has covered it, cuz of the NK angle.

Another good news - this time CLOY's writer Park Ji-Eun has been selected the "Unification Education Person of the Year" by the Ministry of Unification in Korea. How cool is that!! Hope this will add weightage to CLOY drama as we approach Baeksang awards. :D

• Love 2

I just watched the premiere of CLOY again yesterday and I was reminded of why I enjoy the show so much. Se Ri is such a hilarious character yet so confident and unafraid of what others think of her. Really enjoyed the show and I’m so impressed that it’s still within the top 10 shows on Singapore’s Netflix.

Sharing my review of the series here

https://kdramaanalysis.com/2020/03/01/crash-landing-on-you-series-review/

and I’m thinking of writing reviews of the show by episode again because there’s so much to enjoy in it!

By the way, I’ve also started a kdrama Instagram account at @kdramaanalysis ! Looking forward to connecting with fellow kdrama fans there 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, heroonthebeach said:

I just watched the premiere of CLOY again yesterday and I was reminded of why I enjoy the show so much. Se Ri is such a hilarious character yet so confident and unafraid of what others think of her. Really enjoyed the show and I’m so impressed that it’s still within the top 10 shows on Singapore’s Netflix.

and I’m thinking of writing reviews of the show by episode again because there’s so much to enjoy in it!

By the way, I’ve also started a kdrama Instagram account at @kdramaanalysis ! Looking forward to connecting with fellow kdrama fans there 

Thanks for sharing your CLOY review with us here. Wonderful write-up and I also feel the same way about many things that you wrote in the review. Esp the last paragraph about how we all fall in love with CLOY, though we know the storyline was like a fairytale and not realistic, cuz the show gives us hope and faith on love and friendship. And of course, it makes us laugh so much!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, heroonthebeach said:

You should definitely write up a review for each episode. This would help us with the CLOY withdraw. 

• Like 1

Cloy on the Japanese TV. 

‪https://news.yahoo.co.jp/byline/iidaichishi/20200517-00178939/‬

Another article stating that Cloy is a phenomenon in Japan. Normally Korean dramas are popular amongst middle-aged women and housewives. But Cloy has changed the game. It attracts younger generation as well maybe due to Netflix. The journalist said that no matter how good the Korean dramas have been, it has never been like where it is now where many generations of Japanese people got addicted to it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 3

12 hours ago, heroonthebeach said:

Great insights! I’d love to hear about your episode reviews! I’ve also been rewatching and still crying and laughing over scenes again and again! Lol! I have also noticed some minute details I have missed before that are either good or bad haha. Maybe I’d write about them on another post as I may tend to write a long essay instead :lol:

On 5/16/2020 at 10:54 AM, TotoroSY said:

Yes I do recall seeing some of the screen capture for CLOY Netflix ranking in different countries. I must have missed the ones on UAE and Middle East. CLOY is like a crazy phenomena in the Philippines!! All the top celebrities going mad over it, and posting it on social media. So many new fans of HB and SYJ etc. In Malaysia, it was also popular but probably not to the level in the Phil. But I was happy to see one major Malaysia publication reviewing CLOY, and the journalist who is a guy gave very positive review and was surprised he liked the show so much LOL!! As for US, the data we have seen so far for Most Watched Shows are not from Netflix but from a secondary source called Reelgood (since Netflix don't share those weekly and daily data). But it's a good indicator. Thanks for letting us know that Netflix US incl Movies and TV Series into one ranking - wonder why they do that. We will have actual Netflix ranking most likely only at the end of 2020 which is a long way off. Annual ranking will be tough for CLOY to get in - the competition is too tough in US.

Thanks for the Reddit link - will go check it out. 

CNN covering CLOY will be the bomb LOL!! I think even BBC has covered it, cuz of the NK angle.

Another good news - this time CLOY's writer Park Ji-Eun has been selected the "Unification Education Person of the Year" by the Ministry of Unification in Korea. How cool is that!! Hope this will add weightage to CLOY drama as we approach Baeksang awards. :D

Philippines is crazy about kdramas and Filipinos love a good rom-com with a handsome lead so it’s no surprise why it’s such a huge hit back there LOL. As for the US, I think it’s safe to assume CLOY is the most watched kdrama so far and has become a great gateway for non kdrama watchers to get into the genre. That itself is already an achievement that I hope K-ent will give them recognition for considering how hard it is to break through the western market. 2019-2020 is great year for Korea entertainment industry. From Parasite to CLOY, SK indeed has become a creative powerhouse and the world has taken notice. 

I did some digging and found these feature articles on CLOY from major UAE publications where it shows cloy was number 1 on Netflix back in Feb:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thenational.ae/arts-culture/television/you-can-now-browse-netflix-by-the-uae-s-10-most-popular-films-and-series-1.985404 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gulfnews.com/amp/entertainment/hollywood/why-this-cross-border-korean-drama-is-creating-a-buzz-1.69981080

Kudos on the writer’s recognition! One of the reasons CLOY is such a marvel of a show is its impact on geopolitics! It gave viewers a different perspective on how life is in the most isolated country in the world. I don’t think it romanticizes the north in any way. Rather it humanizes its people. It makes us realize that normal people also lives there with real problems like us albeit on a worse scale in many ways. It also shows us that evil exist no matter which side of idealism you belong to. I’m amazed how this show has impressed scholars and geopolitics experts who are knowledgeable about the sensitive issue that is NK-SK unification. One example is this article: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.yahoo.com/amphtml/crash-landing-korean-drama-crosses-114332899.html

• Thanks 1

I want to start a list of sweet things RJH and SR did for each other. I will need all the CLOY fans help as there are too many to list out. I'll list out 10 first to get things started. 

1) buying her shampoo/conditioner, candle, clothes, bra

2) roasting coffee beans and brewing a cup of coffee

3) arranging the books to spell I love you

4) bbqing meat during dinner and putting it on her plate

5) holding the candle at market when she was lost

6) buying the couples rings

7) recording the song for her to listen to to help her sleep

8) SR gave RJH the tomato plant

9) pawning her ring for the watch

10) sewing a heart on his uniform to cover the bullet hole

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, NYXbaby said:

I want to start a list of sweet things RJH and SR did for each other. I will need all the CLOY fans help as there are too many to list out. I'll list out 10 first to get things started. 

1) buying her shampoo/conditioner, candle, clothes, bra

2) roasting coffee beans and brewing a cup of coffee

3) arranging the books to spell I love you

4) bbqing meat during dinner and putting it on her plate

5) holding the candle at market when she was lost

6) buying the couples rings

7) recording the song for her to listen to to help her sleep

8) SR gave RJH the tomato plant

9) pawning her ring for the watch

10) sewing a heart on his uniform to cover the bullet hole

grocery shopping for someone who doesn’t cook or eat, but making sure she can reach it.  such a small detail that nobody would ever do in real life, and it just made me sob.  

• Love 2