[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

3 hours ago, Helena said:

Kim Jung Hyun said, “In the script, it said to just rip the ticket but I came up with the idea to rip it with my mouth. I think it came out well because the camera director is so talented. My mother really likes that scene.” He also shared that his friends often talk about the ticket and gun shooting scenes and added, “I feel like the scenes came out much better than I could have hoped for with more emotions. I spent a lot of time filming the gun shooting scenes, and I think it was worth it.”

He's a talented actor. I think it was KJH that made me like the character GSJ. I also ended up checking out his drama "Welcome to Waikiki" and I think he has a great potential to become a star actor.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, blue_fleurs said:

Had an emotional tug thinking about SR's monologue while she was in a coma, when she recalled her memories with RJH and said that if she had to choose, she would choose once again to meet him all over again...

I think this is clever and well thought out by the writer.  They are in their 30s when they meet.  Their story doesn't dwell on past adversities, but instead focuses on self-recovery, healing, personal development, and new discoveries.  It's very present and forward looking.  In a way, not knowing is good, so each person doesn't have to think the other is trying to "fix" them or make them "better" again, the love is there regardless.

Agreed with all of these. I have been thinking about this point the whole week. The show is very much about self-forgiving, healing and self-redemption. Its about life-changing love, but also about personal development to reach for hopes and dreams. 

One thing I love about RJH and SR's encounter is that they love each other no matter how damaged and broken the other person is.

Just by being themselves with full vulnerabilities, they help each other heal, forgive themselves, move forward with life and dream again ( see 2 scenes: soju confession scene and the scene where RJH confessed while waiting for SR to be operated after getting shot by CCK).

That they can be loved by the other despite of being broken and damaged and finding themselves unworthy of love due to past events is very heart-touching.

And that they can be protective, save the other's life, bring happiness and love to the other despite of their past pains make them find their own meaning and values once again, and feel worthy of love once again. 

RJH and SR just have incredible and natural chemistry and their strengths and weaknesses are so complementary. In contrast, between RJH and SD, the chemistry has never been there. SD is too proud in front of RJH and RJH doesn't open up and they don't help each other heal or find happiness despite the 10 years they were together. I think its better for SD for not ending up with RJH because he is just not right for her. She deserves a man who knows to appreciate her like SJ. 

After re-watching the show several more times, I see new layers and meanings. Very impressive writing, Park Ji-eun. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

http://koalasplayground.com/2020/02/17/crash-landing-on-you-switzerland-epilogue-stills-show-unaired-scene-pregant-se-ri-snuggling-with-jung-hyuk/

YSR was really pregnant in those stills?!I wish to see those deleted scenes.I wonder if they choose to relocate in Switzerland.Probably RJH's parents and relatives are dead or something so that he can defect and be with YSR full time.It would be great to see them babysitting.Those baby pics which rumored to be their baby before, the mom said it is from YSR first B-Day pic but that 1years old baby doesn't look like those babies from the pic at all. And I can't find those babies in ep 1.Maybe they did film it, a happy ending with RJH and YSR with kids got deleted? Why do they have to delete those wedding scene,  pregnant YSR scene, them babysitting scenes!I hope that they will release those scenes.Will those deleted scenes be included in CLOY Blue rays/DVD?

• Like 3

13 hours ago, phoenixfire25 said:

For me personally, I will choose the first encounter between RJH and Seri for SYJ, when she said that golden words "Your looks are totally my type!"

It's not only because of acting but it's the first impression of how bold and strong the character Seri is even when she is in other country, to be precise in an enemy country. And I'm sure there would be laughter in audience after seeing that.

Hide contents

Spoiler

Spoiler

That comedic scene by SYJ was actually the moment where I told myself "Yup im gonna be hooked wuth this drama

• Like 4

14 hours ago, gilaswan said:

I don’t view it as him cheating on Seo Dan. As Dan’s mother herself said, the two were not married, how could Dan have had an “affair”? Same logic for JH I feel. And he was honourable too — he came clean with Dan and told her he was in love with someone else.There was nothing sneaky about their relationship once he was clear about it. And before that, there was no sneaking around either.

Agreed. I think there is no cheating here. RJH was honest with himself about his feelings for SR, and honest with SD about his feelings for SR and how much SR meant to him.

I was uncomfortable with him letting himself falling further in love with SR. But circumstances swept them away, and they were swept away by their feelings. I think when RJH and SR escaped from CCK by paragliding into the valley ( in Episode 4 if I remember correctly), they started really falling in love and falling heads over heals for each other. I was wondering if at that time, was RJH cheating i.e. he had a fiancee of 10 years and now letting himself fall in love and initiating moves on SR? Probably yes.

But if he acted otherwise, he and SR would not be honest with their own feelings, be responsible for their own happiness and future and RJH and SD would not be happy in their eventual loveless and cold marriage. If he let go of his feelings for SR, that would be considered cheating on (i.e. not being honest with) himself and SR. 

So I think as long as RJH has always honored the engagement, respected SD, and his intention has never been to cheat, and he came clean with SD as soon as he was sure of his love for SR and was not sneaky about SR, I think that it would not considered cheating and RJH is still a man who has respect. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, Momo_07 said:

Comrades, Does anyone know where the paragliding meet in Swiss was shot?

I need it for the Fanfic, please DM me... or write here.

U mean that reunion scene? It is shot in First Flieger, Grindelwald.

Or do you mean the scene where they watch paragliding together.It is in Kleine Schneidegg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, J13 said:

So sad that today’s usually the day but the dramas really finished :tears: I will be rewatching again tonight! 

Same here! I haven't been visiting the drama forum for a bit to try and distance myself and resume normal activities but its hit hard now that it is Saturday and no CLOY to look forward to tonight :(. It doesn't help that TVN keeps uploading clips of CLOY as they normally would to draw hype leading up to an episode. I mean, that single scene of our lovers crossing the demarcation line in ep16 still has me in tears for the Nth time!

Just a side note and pardon me if I have missed this discussion, but I was one of those (like many others) who felt that the greatest regret with the ending was SJ's death. Now that I have digested it all, I realised that his character was never written to be a "good" person from the start. He was a con-man, he was condescending and acted high and mighty whilst in NK, AND he plotted together with SR's second brother to keep her in NK just to save himself. Sure he had a backstory, (which I felt was poorly inserted towards the end so as to give him a more dimensional character and gain more love), and he demonstrated wittiness and redeeming qualities. Not to mention that I rooted for him and SD too. But ultimately, he was one of the villains, albeit a uncharacteristic villain, in the same cluster with SR's brother nonetheless. Being a con-man is also a huge no-no in
Korea, with the number of scams and pyramid schemes that exist already. Plus, how was the writer to detail his survival in NK if he were to reunite with SD? There just wasn't enough time for more story telling with the second leads. Hence sadly, he had to be sacrificed. (Maybe a drama for SD-SJ ala Lee Dong Wook and Yoo Ina style?^_^)

It would have been nice to have a special today just to tie things up and formally bid goodbye to the show, but I guess with the breaks we had in between and that mini special, there will be no more.

So I guess its back to re-watching the series, and enjoying that initial bickering-hesitancy-jealousy-denial-thoughtful type of interaction between our leads and that atmosphere filled with uncertainty (of their feelings) before they confirmed their adoration for each other. :heart:

#CLOYsepanxisreal

• Like 6
  • Love 2

I am watching this now an my heart aches for how Kim Jung Hyun looked during the press conference.

I knew he was recovering from the problem which caused him to drop out from his previous drama.

I am glad to see how he has cheered up and looks so much better in the interview after the finale.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

https://instagram.com/stories/firstzyxx/2249348800699586961?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=1p8v5bva8o0c4

https://instagram.com/stories/firstzyxx/2249353810996940856?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=6ufpour8smue

So they did have plans to show us those deleted scenes.According to ep 17preview by TvN, “RJH and YSR life in Switzerland"“Who will Dan meet in Russia".And TvN deleted it after releasing ep 17 description.Shall we try finding out about it? Maybe they might release videos or something soon

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Katelyn Lana said:

https://instagram.com/stories/firstzyxx/2249348800699586961?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=1p8v5bva8o0c4

https://instagram.com/stories/firstzyxx/2249353810996940856?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=6ufpour8smue

So they did have plans to show us those deleted scenes.According to ep 17preview by TvN, “RJH and YSR life in Switzerland"“Who will Dan meet in Russia".And TvN deleted it after releasing ep 17 description.Shall we try finding out about it? Maybe they might release videos or something soon

Episode 17???? Btw is it possible to upload the posts somewhere else? I am one of those people who have no instagram :lol:

Yay! My favorite channel covers IU’s ost with violin!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

VAST (HB's agency) posted this on insta - it seems to be talking something about CLOY final filming day or something, and that it will be available on Official Youtube and V Channel? Anyone can translate this?

Looks like CLOY is really gaining traction in overseas news media - from New York Times to BBC and now ABC channel! That North Korea scenario with the writer who is a defector, plus the very high ratings is really putting CLOY out there in the international map and beyond!!

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2