[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

A recurring wish among us here was that RJH and SR would fight for their love at some point - I realized it did happen at the end and I'm really happy about it.  The pre-set text messages that RJH sent SR last about 1 year (probably would have been more but for the limit), the old RJH would never do that.  He'd want her to be able to move on and date other men (or at least he'd say so). So in a way I do feel content that after all they've been through, they finally mutually agreed to hang on to each other no matter what and find each other again.  I wish we would have been able to see SR's thoughts as she received those texts - happy yes, but did she clue in on the prospect of meeting him again, or think about it?  Anyway, just a thought I had.

To all the fans feeling the withdrawal, I think a good mantra would be, RJH and SR did so well.  We are so proud of them.  (SR's first words when RJH woke up at the hospital lol).  Somewhere in k-drama land they live happily ever after and once in a while we'll think back about them feeling positive vibes.  In time we'll move on but they'll be a lovely memory for us!  (Fully aware these are k-drama characters but hey, you know what I mean.)

• Like 10
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 1

My major complaint with the ending was that the ducklings weren't part of it. But as I re-watch the series, I think an important theme is destiny. The sort of destiny that makes the impossible possible. SR said goodbye to JH and the ducklings so many times, but destiny always brings them together. And this time, they didn't even say goodbye cause they know they didn't need to. 

I think an ideal ending would have been one that involved some sort of a reunification but I understand why the writer couldn't show that due the political tensions between the countries and the popularity of this drama, it may have caused issues. But I'm glad they mentioned the idea of it several times and included SR's steadfast belief that the reunification would eventually happen. Like SR said in the beginning of the show, her convictions and choices have always been right. 

• Like 6

How to move on from CLOY?! :bawling:

Episodes in NK in the first part for me were somehow more magical... i think that the first part of the drama is more charming... those scenes were shot beforehand and i just love seeing the more simple Seri living her everyday life beside RJH...

Ep12 is the episode that really made me cry and laugh so hard. Like i cried 4 times in one episode :joy: It's probably my most fave episode... especially that almost proposal to Seri when they were drinking... :heartbreak:

I also want to add that their OSTs are so sooo good!!! My favorite is The Photo of My Mind by Song Ga In. That song is just so beautiful and it always remind me of their separation in episode 9. IU's song is my top 2... then Crush's song. Hehe. 

• Like 7

I was just checking out the BTS video of Ep 16 on the TVC channel and was AMAZED at the passionate and very expressive postings at the comment section! This drama really really captured the heart of audience, both in SK and internationally!

Did everyone here went and posted there? LOL!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp9BtlnHUV4

I find this comment particularly cute, funny and lovely all at the same time. 

Ronald Baloro

I woke up in the middle of the night, and i saw my wife crying, as in shes in deep pain. I immediately ask her why, she said " i was hurt but happy because of this drama", i Lough out loud and hug her tight while saying "i love you". My wife is huge fan of kdrama, thank u because u make her happy always!

• Like 4
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

5 most underrated scenes (episode 10-16) for me

1. SR said thank you to Soo-chan. This particular scene shows what a great person SR is and how her “adventure” in NK helps her to be a better person. 

Crash12-33051.jpg

2. SR taught the F5 and RJH how to make a wish. It’s such a heart-warming scene for SR, especially because she’s always been alone by herself.

3. RJH’s farewell to the F5. When RJH told the F5 that he’s going to do something and asked them not to leave SR’s side, it’s a memorable moment for me. They were aware of his plan and I appreciate them for respecting his decision (to go by himself). It also shows how a great leader RJH is. 

4. SR passed out outside the interrogation room. I really like this scene because it shows how strong SR is. Ah I really love YSR despite all her flaws.

5. The F5 used their body to protect each other. Need I say more? 

Anyway, I think this drama could be their last project together. It’s very rare in SK to have a number of different projects with the same cast and I think SYJ and HB don’t want to get stereotyped. :tears:

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3

18 Crash Landing On You Film Locations To Relive The Series’ Most Kilig Moments!

86358620_639176629987199_659862321337729

“Sometimes the wrong train takes you to the right station”

Who else can’t get over that Crash Landing On You finale episode? If you’re anything like us, you’re probably still trying to sort through the feelings brought about by that rollercoaster of a finale. Ri Jeong Hyeok and Yoon Se-ri’s forbidden love story is a special one, and it was made even more special thanks to all the stunning shoot locations they filmed at!

One way to curb those post-series withdrawals is to start planning a trip to some of CLOY’s filming locations. Most scenes were filmed in South Korea and Switzerland, so you could definitely make a trip out of it as well! Keep reading to find out where you can relive your favorite scenes!

DISCLAIMER: Spoilers ahead! Finish Crash Landing On You on Netflix before proceeding! Don’t say we didn’t warn you.

KOREA

Hallasan National Park, Jeju Island

70903078_580985805806282_265099420468720

Kicking it off in the location where it all started. In the series, we see Yoon Se-ri crash landing in the North Korea DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) as a result of a paragliding accident. This iconic scene is actually set in the beautiful Hallasan National Park in Jeju Island, South Korea. It’s popular among tourists and tours and hikes are offered for tourists to enjoy!

Taean, South Korea

80959896_605968906641305_337676230096584

The iconic North Korean village home to the ever-charming Captain Ri and the comedic village women is located three hours from Seoul and is open to the public! According to blogger, Mee in Korea, the trip to this fictional North Korean village was a long one, but you’ll have access to Ri Jeong Hyeok’s home, the village laundry area, Young Ae’s home and the rest of the village. It’s actually as if you’re walking through the village set!

More

SWITZERLAND

First Flieger, Grindelwald

Spoiler

86457077_131276218379086_843106512181552

Ri Jeong Hyeok and Yoon Se-ri’s tearful reunion was filmed against the gorgeous landscapes of Grindelwald – and it made the entire scene ten times more beautiful! You can experience your own paragliding adventure at First Flieger if you’d like to soar through the same stunning scapes.

Lake Lungern in Obwalden

Spoiler

86358620_639176629987199_659862321337729

One of the final scenes in the entire series shows our hero and heroine together at last in their home in Switzerland. You’d think a place this beautiful can’t possibly exist, but it does and you can visit it at Lake lungern, Obwalden.

More

https://www.klook.com/blog/en-ph/cloy-filming-locations/

defenitely its tourist attraction from kdrama land now

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Kyoya said:

Episodes in NK in the first part for me were somehow more magical... i think that the first part of the drama is more charming... those scenes were shot beforehand and i just love seeing the more simple Seri living her everyday life beside RJH...

If you think about it, Seri is actually living a simple life with JH now, on top of a hill facing a lake in Switzerland!! All they do is make love, sleep-in, have breakfast in bed, go for picnics, cook dinner together and then make love again.... hahahaha!!

1 hour ago, blue_fleurs said:

A recurring wish among us here was that RJH and SR would fight for their love at some point - I realized it did happen at the end and I'm really happy about it.  The pre-set text messages that RJH sent SR last about 1 year (probably would have been more but for the limit), the old RJH would never do that.  He'd want her to be able to move on and date other men (or at least he'd say so). So in a way I do feel content that after all they've been through, they finally mutually agreed to hang on to each other no matter what and find each other again.  I wish we would have been able to see SR's thoughts as she received those texts - happy yes, but did she clue in on the prospect of meeting him again, or think about it?  Anyway, just a thought I had.

Liking what you wrote there! I've also read many comments here (and other sites) about SR and JH not fighting enough for their love. Maybe it's because throughout their whole time together, they were spending all their energy to keep each other alive - first JH saving and protecting SR, and then later SR doing the same for JH. It was only when SR nearly lost her life, and JH also realise how difficult it will be for her once he's gone, that JH took the first step to continue being in SR's life via the text messages, and finally to initiate a reunion at the end of those messages. It probably took JH one year and more to plan for it, since he already told SR indirectly that it will be the land where Edelweiss grows ie Switzerland. He may even have started training on his piano again and auditioned for the National Symphony to be the pianist. Throughout the series, JH planned every step he took, and I am sure he did the same for his reunion with SR. Once he set his mind on something, he will get it done. And vice-versa, SR being SR the CEO is also the same. Remember she said that she will buy the Seoul Arts Symphony (can't recall exact name) so that JH can play there? That's exactly what she did with the musical scholarship foundation.

Brilliant!

ADDED :

18 Crash Landing On You Film Locations To Relive The Series’ Most Kilig Moments!

You know a kdrama is LEGIT Hallyu-wave level impact when media starts writing articles about drama locations to visit LOL!!

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

7 hours ago, LovelySwiss said:

Before I forgot. How old is JH and SR? Because I remember SD said she took the camera 10yrs ago. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

Ri Jeong Hyeok and Se Ri first encounter each other at Switzerland 10 years ago at the time they met at the DMZ Ri Jeong Hyeok is 31. So we can assume that when they first encounter in Switzerland he is 21. i think Seri and Jeong Hyeok are the same age. Seo Dan took the camera on Jeong Hyeok's house when she visit with Gu Sung Jeon and she said she took it from there. At the time Seri and Jeong Hyeok separated at the DMZ he's 32 he celebrated his birthday while in custody of the NIS Feb 14 2020.  i assume because his first scheduled text message to Seri when he was gone is dated March 7 2020. They are Separated for about 3 years since the DMZ goodbye. And when they reunited at Switzerland he's 35 Years Old.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

8 minutes ago, Phoenix88 said:

Ri Jeong Hyeok and Se Ri first encounter each other at Switzerland 10 years ago at the time they met at the DMZ Ri Jeong Hyeok is 31. So we can assume that when they first encounter in Switzerland he is 21. i think Seri and Jeong Hyeok are the same age. Seo Dan took the camera on Jeong Hyeok's house when she visit with Gu Sung Jeon and she said she took it from there. At the time Seri and Jeong Hyeok separated at the DMZ he's 32 he celebrated he's birthday while in custody of the NIS Feb 14 2020 i assume because he's first scheduled text message to Seri when he was gone is dated March 7 2020. They are Separate for about 3 years since the DMZ goodbye. And when they reunited at Switzerland he's 35 Years Old.

I don't remember or recall in which episode RJH's birthday (birthdate) is shown. Is it in Fake passport (Chinese Citizen identity card) in ep 14? 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Eliza Marlowe said:

I don't remember or recall in which episode RJH's birthday (birthdate) is shown. Is it in Fake passport (Chinese Citizen identity card) in ep 14? 

On Episode 3 he showed his NK id to the guard post. Here's the id screenshot. Nk use Juche calendar February 14 Ilsung 77. Converted to gregorian calendar  February 14 1988.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

CLOY has set new standards for the k-drama world...

Every K-drama I'll watch, I'm going to be reminded of CLOY... and missing it... and also end up hating the drama that I'm watching for not being CLOY....

There were none of that K-drama tropes of unnecessary love triangles, yanking of the female lead by her wrist, or forcefully kissing her... aegeyo, mothers pulling each other's hairs, no throwing a glass of water at each other's faces... AMNESIA (thank god for that...)

CLOY was beautifully packaged for us.... it was indeed a gift to all of us K-drama fans for persisting long enough...

Now, I'll desperately pray and wait... and see if I can come across all of this beauty one more time!

• Like 12
  • Love 3

What a perfect way to start episode 16!!! Episode 15 ended with Seri flatlining and Gu unconscious in the ambulance. I guess asking for happy endings for the main and secondary love teams was too much to ask for because on the opening salvo Gu died. But he died knowing that Dan loved him and not Ri, so he did not die in vain. It is also nice that during the talk between Ri’s and Dan’s mother it wasn’t not mentioned that he died, rather he just went far away. Even during Ri and Dan’s talk before Dan gave the camera. Better to remember Gu when he was alive and all the help he gave Ri instead of mourning and feeling sad for Dan because he died. Dan is the only one who deserves to mourn Gu because she was the one who learned to love Gu despite knowing he is not a good person. 
We all know Seri is going to recover but this is a drama after all so that flatlining scene is a given and it did give a very good reason for Ri to be brought by NIS to the hospital. So nice to see that Seri and step mom has reconciled. Truly one cannot hide his or her emotions towards the person you care for. Seri said she doesn’t need to see Ri one last time because they have said goodbye too many times. But when she found out that Ri spent days without sleep and food standing outside her room and waiting for her to recover, she just broke down and ate her words. Ri re-entering SK after seeing Seri running while in the act of being handcuffed by the NK soldier was definitely one of the highlights of the show. The NIS sort of gave Ri protection and allowed him to cross over because they know the feelings between the two. In real life though Ri would most likely have been shot. This scene was needed for Ri to apologize to Seri and also to give her hope that they could still meet in the future. 
I fully expected the ambitious director to try to kill Ri and the ducklings but what I didn’t expect was for Ri’s father to kill him. I guess that is the only logical thing to do because that director is just too ambitious and will surely try again to kill Ri. I’m curious what was in the white paper that Ri’s mom was holding? Is that poison in case Ri’s father tell her that Ri is died or in case both didn’t return and instead it was the corrupt director who came to arrest her? 
Music can indeed cure many things and it helped Dan move on from Gu. It also didn’t hurt that she got her revenge because Seri’s 2nd brother and sister in law was caught by NIS after Gu’s former manager assisted. It would have been nice had they shown Dan playing the cello. 
Dan’s mom has let bygones be bygones and gave gifts to the key ladies of the military village. It was another touching scene when we saw their faces on the Seri’s Choice products. Saudade is a very appropriate word to use because its closest English translation is bitter sweet. The word invokes a feeling of both happiness and sadness. Seri had happy moments with them and it gives her great joy remembering them but at the same time she knows she likely never see them and thus spend happy moments with them again. 
The ducklings are safe and the former sergeant now captain who use to hate anything SK now seem to be the most versed in western sayings. I could say they are also experiencing sausade but not to the same extent as Seri. I’m very happy for ManBok because he used his listening skills before to assist in doing bad things but now he is recording nature sounds which could relax the soul and bring happiness to other people.

Now time to talk about Seri and Ri again. As expected Seri became emotional when she got home and saw the things that Ri did. I suspected that Ri spelled out i love you using the books and I was correct. I was wrong though with the plant as I thought it was a tomato. The part I found the coolest was the timed messages that Ri composed during his time in NIS. So basically for a year it felt like they were still together. I remember a similar messaging app quite some time ago so my question is, is there really such as app in South Korea? 
The eldest brother finally got his wish of becoming the CEO of their company. A large part surely was due to Seri not willing to part with her company. She still showed though that aside from being more business savvy, she is more intelligent and cunning than her brother. She easily manipulated her brother into starting a scholarship program for musically gifted children. This was due to Ri’s last message of them meeting in the country were edelweiss grows.

Seri waited a few years (was it 3?) before she basically crash landed again after paragliding and finally found Ri in the landing site. We were as expected treated to the sweetest of hugs and kisses. I liked that they have a house in Switzerland to spend their time together and maybe have twins. But that my friends is another story and will most likely exist only in our imagination. On a serious note I hope the two lead stars have another project together because their chemistry is over the roof.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Kyoya said:

How to move on from CLOY?! :bawling:

Ep12 is the episode that really made me cry and laugh so hard. Like i cried 4 times in one episode :joy: It's probably my most fave episode... especially that almost proposal to Seri when they were drinking... :heartbreak:

I also want to add that their OSTs are so sooo good!!! My favorite is The Photo of My Mind by Song Ga In. That song is just so beautiful and it always remind me of their separation in episode 9. IU's song is my top 2... then Crush's song. Hehe. 

The first part of the show was MUCH MORE charming. I love all the scenes in NK. In comparison, the scenes in Seoul were less endearing. 

My issues with the 2nd half of the series were:

1. Why was the whole corporate power struggle for beocming the CEO of Queens even included? I felt like the writers spent a lot of time on that and I felt like it was going to lead somewhere but it didn't. At the end, she gave up being CEO cause she realized this competition with her siblings is what make SH go down that nasty path. And SR's father put a professional management team in charge of Queens Conglomerate. If they just wanted to give SH some motivation to team up with CCK, then could have just made it sound like she was super paranoid. No need to spend so much time on it. And if they did, they they should have used it as a better plot device. I fullh expected SR, as the CEO of Queens Conglomerate, to open a new business in NK and be with JH that way. Now I didn't mind that SR finally realized that one upping her siblings and seeking revenge wasn't worth it, but I feel like that realization could have also happened right after she came back from NK. 

2. Why was so much of the NK village shown? I remember when SR was in NK, hardly 10 mins of her family and company were shown, which was a good thing bevause the focus remianed on our OTP. I wish instead we got to see our OTP cutely sharing a bed or JH meeting all of SR's family or JH seeing more of the badass CEO side of SR. It would have made the latter half more charming. I also wish we got to see Manager Hong's reaction to finding out who exactly JH is. Small things like that would have make our drama much better.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

Hi everyone! its my first post here on Soompi but I’ve been reading so many pages on this thread that I feel compelled to contribute at least some thoughts for closure.

CLOY, I think, is my very first k-drama in my 36 years and man, did I fall hard for it. I actually was very skeptical when I started watching it (just wanted something to watch on Netflix while on the treadmill) but soon it started growing on me and  I was actually shocked that I had to wait for more episodes (I didn’t watch much dramas before this, let alone current ones).

CLOY was such good therapy for me. Frustrated or anxious - watch some CLOY and I was soothed. Annoyed with kids - watch some CLOY and the kids have their calm mama back again (well, mostly). Thoughts of some scenes could make me smirk on the bus or in class.  I rewatched the episodes so many times I wondered whether Netflix would flag my account for excessive viewing.This forum also felt like a godsend, it made me feel I wasn’t alone in my obsession for this drama. So many of your posts made me laugh so hard too.

As for feelings of withdrawal, I had them so bad at first! I guess like someone mentioned here, we’ve watched RJH and SR go through such tough times that we want to be able to bask together in their HEA for at least a longer time. I agree with what someone else said about our withdrawal symptoms from this drama being akin to the term saudade mentioned in the last episode - the recognition that something is absent and can no longer be had. 

As for coping with withdrawal, I decided to be inspired by what RJH and SR said and did prior and during their period of separation (I know they’re just characters but yes, I’m really sucked in deep). They’re pretty strong characters and it was amazing that they did all that they did during those few years despite the intensity of their grief and longing. They really put aside those thoughts to get themselves together for their lives amongst others, like a boss (pun intended). They had their moments, of course, but they really pulled through. I guess we can pray and wait for season 2 also right, heheh. 

I loved Sirgiswil on the OST, I had been waiting to hear it since the epilogue on Ep 12. Did anyone else love ‘Time of of JungHyuk for Seri’? I find it very inspiring, and reflects all their struggles. It was first played, I think, when SR was kidnapped and was also played when JH was crawling through the tunnel.

Thanks everyone for all your sharing on this forum, really enjoyed reading what you guys wrote.

Edited by nur_drama
  • Like 12
  • Love 3