[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

15 minutes ago, campanulah said:

In case you want to visit the location of RJH and Seri's love nest, it is in Lungern. :)

Reveal hidden contents

If anyone happens to be traveling to Switzerland during the warmer months of the year, hit me up. 

:)

Never been to Switzerland so it'll be an adventure!!

*Goes and looks at airline ticket prices*

Listening to the OST and loving every piece.

I saw the hyung song had (with Jeong Hyuk).... it's not Hyun Bin playing the piece right? :sweatingbullets:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

seri’s choice! a momento to Ae Yeong

:wub:

is using the hands to cover the face a new photo trend now?? i’m seeing this pose so often on IG these days!! (i need big palms to cover my moon face)

This man set the trend 16 years ago and it never went out of style. :joy:

CHhv75P.png

So the propsman who did RJH's application to the Basel music school and his Chinese fake passport strikes again, huh? :lol: This time with SJ's passport. If you're a diplomat posted in a certain country, you don't carry that country's passport, you carry your own country's. Nowhere in CLOY showed or suggested that SJ acquired a North Korean citizenship for him to carry a NK passport. He's a British citizen, more likely a fake diplomat, but he should be carrying a British passport. 

YMRe9lu.png

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

27 minutes ago, campanulah said:

In case you want to visit the location of RJH and Seri's love nest, it is in Lungern. :)

Hide contents

If anyone happens to be traveling to Switzerland during the warmer months of the year, hit me up. 

:)

Thank you so much! Im going there in May. :) I will definitely visit it. :)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, LovelySwiss said:

Hi everyone! I'm just a silent reader here but I can't take it anymore.:blink:

I'm so bothered about my separation anxiety and withdrawal symptoms from CLOY. I'm quite calmed down today but yesterday was so bad, I don't have the appetite and energy. 

I hope we can get a long! And help each other to move on if we can. :sweatingbullets:

Before I forgot. How old is JH and SR? Because I remember SD said she took the camera 10yrs ago. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

OMG! I am experiencing the same, since yesterday I really don't have an appetite and I find it really hard to fall asleep. Just this morning I cried because I'm   really sad.:tears:

I've been really meaning to talk to someone about my depression over CLOY's ending. This is a first time for me. I can't believe this is happening to me all because of a drama. 

I'm glad to know that I am not alone. Let us support each other and get through this together. FIGHTING!!! 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

Just watched the paragliding reunion...again..I can't quit I'm in serious trouble:tired: his arms and back and shoulders are as big as that mountain lol! I was thinking idk if it was so much the camera angle or the fact that almost everytime she put her arm in the way or they did something to obstruct the camera sure it was intentional for whatever reason. I love SYJ whole-heartedly but for her age and drama experience she seemed little timid and reserved with her kissing in this drama again maybe intentionally? But also I'm sure we can imagine it would be very hard to deliver a genuine realistic kiss...when u can't "really" kiss. So we just have to analyze the feelings behind it rather than the logistics of it. Like his words before and how once again writer smoothed another seam with "wrong train could take you to the right station"....to his destination. Let's just wait to see if SYJ is his destination in real life.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Re: Goblin. I may not be the target audience for this show.

Spoiler

The show has been mentioned quite a few times here so I'm trying to watch it again from the part where I left it. I remember giving up on it because the female lead kept on asking for free things and relying on someone to make her life better. I guess that didn't sit well with the ajhumma in me. OMG, watching Gong Yoo shopping  and buying things for this child and her, loving it so much... cringe. Gong Yoo looked mature, but he's too hot and rich to be a sugar daddy.

Watching it now, I think the Goblin and The Grim Reaper has so much more chemistry then the OTP. Hmmm, interesting. Wow. All scenes with both of them are electric. Explosive chemistry. I think I can live on that 'til the finale.

The exact thing happened in CLOY when RJH bought things for a "helpless" Seri but it felt totally different because they are close in age. It didn't feel like RJH was shopping for a kid who is way younger then him.

Seri was also portrayed to be a self-sufficient woman who takes matters into her own hands and does not rely on the male lead for sustenance. RJH and Seri are equals, to the true sense of the word.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

This drama has made my heart filled with various emotions. 

It's been awhile I have not been watching Hyun Bin's works and upon hearing him working together with Son Ye Jin, I knew everything will definitely be 100% right for them. 

I have so many favourite scenes that I will always remember and never once any episode will not allow me to cry. The drama had so many meaning quotes that were relatable in our lives. I am glad the drama was very well-written and filled us with all the ups and downs. 

I am still having a major withdrawal symptoms and rewatching every episode once again.

I will always remember this drama, always. :blush: 

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

This Article: CLOY earned the title of "national romantic comedy drama" (21.7% on cable channel TVN is like 43.4% on a public station kbs-MBC-sbs) 

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 02. 18. 1:12 AM

Couple Hyun Bin, Son Ye Jin act lovingly in behind-the-scenes photos of "Crash Landing on You"

SSI_20200217175313_V.jpg?type=e1920

Behind-the-scenes photos of the drama "Crash Landing on You" of the couple Hyun Bin and So Ye Jin were released

On February 17, the official SNS account tvN Drama uploaded many photos with the caption, "Just only looking can help to feel the happiness of the Double Ri couple in the country of blooming edelweiss flowers. Whether next year or many years in the future, good days will always come. 'Crash Landing on You' will always remember them."

These are the behind-the-scenes photos of "Crash Landing on You" (tvN) taken in Switzerland. In the beautiful landscape of this country, Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin are hugging each other affectionately. The two's happy smiles and the lyrical atmosphere like a painting have attracted viewers' attention.

The weekend drama "Crash Landing on You" (tvN) has just ended broadcasting on February 16 and recorded the average viewership rating of 21.7%, peaking at 24.1% on the charged platforms including cable television, satellite, and IPTV. At the same time, the drama also held first place in the viewership ratings of same-time broadcast dramas across all television channels, including terrestrial stations and earned the title of "national romantic comedy drama". In addition to constantly breaking its own records, the drama also achieved the highest viewership ratings in tvN's history, beating the previous 20.5% achievement of "Goblin". Reportedly, the film crew will end the journey without a vacation.

On the other hand, following "Crash Landing on You", a new drama titled "Hi Bye, Mama!" with the participation of Kim Tae Hee and Lee Gyu Hyung is set to be broadcast at 9 pm (KST) February 22.

SSI_20200217175057_V.jpg?type=e1920

SSI_20200218091616_V.jpg?type=e1920

SSI_20200217175124_V.jpg?type=e1920

2020021801001225300081017.jpg?type=e1920

2020021801001225300081018.jpg?type=e1920

Reporter Hong Shin Ik /hong.shinik@joongang.co.kr
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, jamy47 said:

The two weeks a year thing is something some fans assume  just because Seri mentioned her two weeks vacation and no timeline was given at that point but we do see in the home in Switzerland many pictures of them and someone even released pictures of kids in the house that later got cut by director so it means there is a version of them with kids for the ending and it got changed last minute and we dont know yet why. It could be for political reasons like they say OR they let the door open for a second season down the road.

I think this 2 weeks in a year is cos of her conversation with the Swiss guy. He asked her if she was only staying for 2 weeks again like the last time. She said, “Yes, but it’s the best 2 weeks in the year for me.”

• Like 5

3 hours ago, INeedAFan said:

A very interesting interview with North Koreans. The guy on the left was involved in the production of CLOY

WOW, that's a great interview with North Koreans. The guy is actually in the higher social class in NK (elite class, his dad owns hotels and boats) and the girl is from the countryside and have never been to Pyongyang. So it gives very good perspective of both the NK village and Pyongyang lifestyle contrast as depicted in CLOY. And eveything is really very accurate in the drama! The guy was also part of the production consultant team. Funnily enough, his name is Jun Hyeok which is very similar to Jung Hyuk lol!!

When CLOY first aired, some knetz were complaining that it over-romanticised North Korea. But watching all the videos of NK defectors reaction to the drama, it is actually very close to what NK life is. In fact the drama brings to life how the regular North Koreans live, something that very few audience are exposed to.

2 hours ago, margerytka said:

SYJ is  resting with her stylists

I think those are old photos from 2018.

• Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Usually after ending a drama series, I can start another series after 1 day of grief. But it has been 2 days and it feels like this post CLOY grief is gonna stay for another month :P which is a good thing so that I can wean off my K-junkie habit.

I'm really loving RJH's and Seri's well written characters. Any other dramas to recommend where the male lead AND female lead is as endearing as them?

(Side note: I really like the leads in I'm not a Robot.)

Anw, reflecting on the time when RJH went to SK to find Seri, I found it a little bit uncomfortable that she was spending way too much on RJH like a sugar mummy.

As a viewer, I reflected how is it that RJH on the receiving end didn't seem uncomfortable at all? And how is it that Seri goes all out without a worry that his pride will be hurt.

Then I realised the flaw is not in the written characters, but rather, it is how my perception has been skewed by the countless K dramas I watch where rich girls hurt men's pride, and only the men should spend lavishingly on the females.

Then it hit me that's how much RJH and Seri truly loves each other -- to the extent where RJH's pride isn't hurt despite Seri forking out money for all his coats and even the yearly music scholarship (must be a bomb)

And that Seri is comfortable with RJH, and trusting in his character that he won't be hurt by her strong alpha female qualities.

This is why I was so invested in this couple because both of them are equals. Both of them are alphas in their fields, and have equal footing in their relationship. In times of need, they don't feel threatened/lesser by the other. Rather, both of them RESPECTS each other's strengths and motivate each other to improve on their weaknesses.

In NK, Seri is the (typical poor girl) who met a Chaebol. And in SK, RJH is the (typical next door guy) who met a woman with strong personalities.

Yet, even though both of them were stripped of their wealth/power in each state respectively, neither of them felt threatened, but rather, fleshed out their instinctive self-sufficient traits to find different ways to show their love for each other (Seri learning to pawn to gift RJH a watch, and RJH getting rings even though he is broke in SK)

Because of CLOY, goodbye to the days of financially poor females feeling unworthy to Chaebol-boys, and financially poor boys feeling threatened by strong females.

Need I say more how much I love this pair of beautifully written characters???

Edited by Esteraela
  • Like 13
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, Esteraela said:

This is why I was so invested in this couple because both of them are equals. Both of them are alphas in their fields, and have equal footing in their relationship. In times of need, they don't feel threatened/lesser by the other. Rather, both of them RESPECTS each other's strengths and motivate each other to improve on their weaknesses.

In NK, Seri is the (typical poor girl) who met a Chaebol. And in SK, RJH is the (typical next door guy) who met a woman with strong personalities.

Yet, even though both of them were stripped of their wealth/power in each state respectively, neither of them felt threatened, but rather, fleshed out their instinctive self-sufficient traits to find different ways to show their love for each other (Seri learning to pawn to gift RJH a watch, and RJH getting rings even though he is broke in SK)

Because of CLOY, goodbye to the days of financially poor females feeling unworthy to Chaebol-boys, and financially poor boys feeling threatened by strong females.

Need I say more how much I love this pair of beautifully written characters???

On point! This is what i had in mind since i started watching the show and what also attracted me to start watching it... After x number of dramas where the guy is have it all finally came a drama where the lead girl is also powerful and rich.

• Like 3
  • Love 6
  • Insightful 1

33 minutes ago, Esteraela said:

Lol, those points were my primary reasons for taking a break from kdramas. This drama is my first in three to four years. 

I really like the use of IU’s OST for this scene. 

@luvcrabbieshinhwa yes, I miss the old days when people also subbed the OSTs. I remember those days when I was waiting for WithS2 subs which were available after 1-3 weeks. Such a memory. Btw.... Shinhwa changjo?

The following tweet represents my feeling.

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • Love 7