[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

New character stills and info about our Two Ri/ Ri Ri couple has been revealed!

Vhvou13.jpg

My brief summary of the released info - (won’t do a full translation as there’s a lot of repeated content).

Ri Jung Hyuk is the son of a prestigious, well-known family in North Korea who once served as a high-ranking army officer. He himself is also a Special Officer. He is a rules-abiding, principled man. Although he deals with everything in a blunt tone, he has an upright attitude. The sudden appearance of Yoon SeRi will cause him to face an unpredictable life.

Yoon SeRi is an heiress of a chaebol family belonging to above Top 1% in South Korea. Despite that, she does not rely on her inherited wealth; through her own capabilities, she created and is the CEO of a global fashion enterprise.  She is a brazen woman who knows no shame. Rather than enjoyment of momentary pleasures, her focus in life is her business which is her top priority.  After meeting Ri Jung Hyuk, she will experience changes.

Haha..can’t wait to see this blunt-brazen Two Ri couple!

Btw I will not have access to the Internet on 14 Dec. So I am not going to be able to catch the press conference and the first episode on the day itself :cry:

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/213/0001141745

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

“Crash Landing On You” Gives A Glimpse Of Lead Characters Ahead Of Premiere

“Crash Landing On You” Gives A Glimpse Of Lead Characters Ahead Of Premiere

“Crash Landing on You” has revealed stills of its four leading characters!

The drama is about a wealthy South Korean heiress named Yoon Se Ri (Son Ye Jin) who, while paragliding, is forced to make a crash landing in North Korea due to high winds. North Korean officer Ri Jung Hyuk (Hyun Bin) hides and protects her, and in doing so, starts to fall in love. Seo Ji Hye plays Seo Dan, a North Korean in the top 1 percent who is also Ri Jung Hyuk’s fiancée, and Kim Jung Hyun takes the role of Ku Seung Jun, a young businessman and conman.

Ri Jung Hyuk is the son of a well-known family who serves as a high-ranking military official and a top-ranking officer in North Korea. He is a firm and blunt man who only deals with principles, but he faces an unpredictable life with the sudden emergence of Yoon Se Ri.

Although Yoon Se Ri belongs to a wealthy chaebol family, she became the CEO of a global fashion company with her own ability. She is a woman of confidence who always puts business first. So it will be interesting to find out what kind of changes she will face in the future after meeting Ri Jung Hyuk.

In the new still, Ri Jung Hyuk looks a bit cold in his soldier uniform while Yoon Se Ri poses confidently in a fashionable outfit. Despite their different backgrounds and personalities, they will showcase an exciting chemistry that viewers can anticipate.

hyun-bin-son-ye-jin1.jpg

On the other hand, Kim Jung Hyun will portray Ku Seung Jun, a young businessman who appears like a comet in the chaebol social scene with his eloquent speaking skills. He stands on the line between a businessman and swindler and gets mixed up with Yoon Se Ri over past scandals.

The unveiled photos shows Ku Seung Jun in different suits. His eyes are cold despite his relaxed expression, making viewers wonder about the mysterious character.

kim-jung-hyun.jpg

If Yoon Se Ri is the top heiress in South Korea, then Seo Dan is at the top in North Korea.

Seo Dan is a chic and cold character with bold charisma. The revealed still features Seo Dan exuding an exotic aura with her “ice queen” look and urban style. She is pure in a way because she is unable to hide her feelings for Ri Jung Hyuk, which raises questions about the direction of her romance with him.

Seo Ji Hye will perfectly portray Seo Dan’s girl crush charms and personality that is like a thorny rose.

seo-ji-hye.jpg

“Crash Landing on You” will premiere on December 14 at 9 p.m. KST.

Meanwhile, check out the latest teaser here!

Sources (1) (2) (3)

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Looks like tvN has started to give our leads some prominence in an effort to promote the drama in their variety shows. At yesterday’s Amazing Saturday (a variety show about guessing the lyrics of songs), they played Hyun Bin’s version of “I Can’t Have You” - 가질 수 없는 너 - for those who are interested, it’s available on iTunes. Haha..watching this did cause me to listen to Hyun Bin’s emotional singing of Friend Our Legend) on my phone again and feel pangs of pity for uri Dong Soo  :bawling: (of all of Hyun Bin’s drama & movie characters, I love Dong Soo the most).

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Sorry for the double post with @sharluvsenergy

As I had already done my translation I will still post my translation here. The naver article that I am translating from is here:

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/241/0002982545

Title- Ri Jung Hyuk’s “determined” character is the reason why Hyun Bin is attracted to the character.

Hyun Bin revealed the reason for playing Ri Jung Hyuk in "Crash Landing on You".

The tvN new weekend drama "Crash Landing on You", which will premiere at 9:00pm on December 14th is a love story between chaebol heiress Yoon SeRi who was blown by a “whirlwind” to North Korea one day due to a paragliding accident, and Ri Jung Hyuk who conceals her.

In the drama, Hyun Bin plays North Korean Special Officer Ri Jung Hyuk who not only is outstanding in terms of abilities, he also has an exceptional appearance. Through Crash Landing on You, Hyun Bin will portray this “perfect” elite officer through the back story of the “hiding” and his emotions in the relationship.  As an “almost perfect” person with outstanding abilities who is thorough when it comes to executing his official business, he will show the process of change after encountering the female chaebol. 

Hyun Bin said, “It is a fact that Ri Jung Hyuk’s outstanding credentials makes him close to perfection. But rather than him being a “perfect” character, I’d describe him as a “determined/resolute” character. Then he added, "Although Ri Jung Hyuk appears cold and hard/tough on the exterior as a result of his “determined” character, in the presence of his subjects/followers and people who believe in him like SeRi, he is warm and tender-hearted. I think you should be able to feel this contrast of charming qualities in this respect." Through this description, Hyun Bin shows his love for his character who will display an unexpected contrasting charms.

Ri Jung Hyuk’s character is a principled man with a cold leadership style.  In the released still cuts, Hyun Bin exudes a unique aura with a signature expression, and at the same time, also shows a warm smile that is full of human touch, thus showing that he has integrated the various aspects and transformed into the character Ri Jung Hyuk.

The similarity between Hyun Bin and the Korean military officer Ri Jung Hyuk is extremely high, signaling the birth of another person in Hyun Bin’s acting life which you can see for yourself from 14 December.

As the released pics are not of high quality I have taken the pics posted by hyunbinluv on Instagram. Pics solely fr and cr hyunnbinluv on IG.

Siribo8.jpg

HY2xTKm.jpg

i5fgiqo.jpg

Hyun Bin Shares What Draws Him To His Character In “Crash Landing On You”

Spoiler

Hyun Bin opened up about what drew him to his character in tvN’s new weekend drama “Crash Landing on You.”

“Crash Landing on You” will tell the story of Yoon Se Ri (Son Ye Jin), a wealthy South Korean heiress who is forced to make an emergency landing in North Korea during a paragliding trip due to unexpected high winds. There, she meets North Korean officer Ri Jung Hyuk (Hyun Bin), who falls in love with her while hiding her and trying to protect her.

Hyun Bin will play the role of Ri Jung Hyuk, an officer who is not only very skilled at his job, but handsome as well. He will take on the character who is close to a perfectionist, but is also hiding a softer side to him. Ri Jung Hyuk will undergo changes when he meets the heiress from South Korea, and Hyun Bin is ready to steal hearts through the story.

Spoiler

Hyun-Bin-1.jpg

When asked why he liked his character, Hyun Bin said, “Ri Jung Hyuk is close to perfect with all of his credentials. But a more fitting word for him than ‘perfect’ is ‘firm.'” He went on to say, “Though he can be very firm and resolute, he does get softer around the edges around the people who trust him like Yoon Se Ri or the people working under him. I think people will be able to enjoy contrasting charms in those moments.”

Ri Jung Hyuk is a cold and charismatic individual who likes to stick to the rules. The photos show how Hyun Bin is able to portray both a cynical expression and a warmer aura.

“Crash Landing on You” is set to premiere on December 14 at 9 p.m. KST.

Source (1)

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

Actress Kim Hye Soo and PD Coffee sent a coffee truck to show support for Son Ye-jin.

As the caption is so witty and has such a good sense of humor I have replicated the caption in English translation complete with the exclamation marks, emoticons and hashtags. 

Are they hinting we’ll get hot/passionate scenes?!! :wub:

Spoiler

rkmu4m8.jpg
DibrZwZ.jpg

87wdIFh.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2

On 11/25/2019 at 6:24 AM, KimSooHanMoo said:

Sorry for the double post with @sharluvsenergy

As I had already done my translation I will still post my translation here. The naver article that I am translating from is here:

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/241/0002982545

Title- Ri Jung Hyuk’s “determined” character is the reason why Hyun Bin is attracted to the character.

Hyun Bin revealed the reason for playing Ri Jung Hyuk in "Crash Landing on You".

The tvN new weekend drama "Crash Landing on You", which will premiere at 9:00pm on December 14th is a love story between chaebol heiress Yoon SeRi who was blown by a “whirlwind” to North Korea one day due to a paragliding accident, and Ri Jung Hyuk who conceals her.

In the drama, Hyun Bin plays North Korean Special Officer Ri Jung Hyuk who not only is outstanding in terms of abilities, he also has an exceptional appearance. Through Crash Landing on You, Hyun Bin will portray this “perfect” elite officer through the back story of the “hiding” and his emotions in the relationship.  As an “almost perfect” person with outstanding abilities who is thorough when it comes to executing his official business, he will show the process of change after encountering the female chaebol. 

Hyun Bin said, “It is a fact that Ri Jung Hyuk’s outstanding credentials makes him close to perfection. But rather than him being a “perfect” character, I’d describe him as a “determined/resolute” character. Then he added, "Although Ri Jung Hyuk appears cold and hard/tough on the exterior as a result of his “determined” character, in the presence of his subjects/followers and people who believe in him like SeRi, he is warm and tender-hearted. I think you should be able to feel this contrast of charming qualities in this respect." Through this description, Hyun Bin shows his love for his character who will display an unexpected contrasting charms.

Ri Jung Hyuk’s character is a principled man with a cold leadership style.  In the released still cuts, Hyun Bin exudes a unique aura with a signature expression, and at the same time, also shows a warm smile that is full of human touch, thus showing that he has integrated the various aspects and transformed into the character Ri Jung Hyuk.

The similarity between Hyun Bin and the Korean military officer Ri Jung Hyuk is extremely high, signaling the birth of another person in Hyun Bin’s acting life which you can see for yourself from 14 December.

As the released pics are not of high quality I have taken the pics posted by hyunbinluv on Instagram. Pics solely fr and cr hyunnbinluv on IG.

Reveal hidden contents

Hyun Bin opened up about what drew him to his character in tvN’s new weekend drama “Crash Landing on You.”

“Crash Landing on You” will tell the story of Yoon Se Ri (Son Ye Jin), a wealthy South Korean heiress who is forced to make an emergency landing in North Korea during a paragliding trip due to unexpected high winds. There, she meets North Korean officer Ri Jung Hyuk (Hyun Bin), who falls in love with her while hiding her and trying to protect her.

Hyun Bin will play the role of Ri Jung Hyuk, an officer who is not only very skilled at his job, but handsome as well. He will take on the character who is close to a perfectionist, but is also hiding a softer side to him. Ri Jung Hyuk will undergo changes when he meets the heiress from South Korea, and Hyun Bin is ready to steal hearts through the story.

Reveal hidden contents

When asked why he liked his character, Hyun Bin said, “Ri Jung Hyuk is close to perfect with all of his credentials. But a more fitting word for him than ‘perfect’ is ‘firm.'” He went on to say, “Though he can be very firm and resolute, he does get softer around the edges around the people who trust him like Yoon Se Ri or the people working under him. I think people will be able to enjoy contrasting charms in those moments.”

Ri Jung Hyuk is a cold and charismatic individual who likes to stick to the rules. The photos show how Hyun Bin is able to portray both a cynical expression and a warmer aura.

“Crash Landing on You” is set to premiere on December 14 at 9 p.m. KST.

Source (1)

No worries! Thanks for always helping to translate so that we all can understand. Your efforts are much appreciated!

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

ZM2ZCKP.jpg

New Still Cuts of Yoon SeRi have been released. Yoon SeRi is described as a person whose very existence itself makes people laugh and feel happy. SYJ expresses her affection for her Yoon SeRi character in this way, “She breaks people’s expectations in a pleasant way”

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/213/0001142132

• Like 1
  • Love 7

Son Ye Jin Describes Why Her Character Is A Must-Watch In “Crash Landing On You”

Son Ye Jin Describes Why Her Character Is A Must-Watch In “Crash Landing On You”

tvN’s upcoming drama “Crash Landing on You” has revealed new stills of Son Ye Jin!

“Crash Landing on You” tells the story of Yoon Se Ri (Son Ye Jin), a wealthy South Korean heiress who is forced to make an emergency landing in North Korea during a paragliding trip. There, she meets North Korean officer Ri Jung Hyuk (Hyun Bin), who falls in love with her while hiding her and trying to protect her.

Yoon Se Ri is a character who has it all: looks, skill, and wealth. Though born into a wealthy family, she builds a successful fashion brand through her own efforts.

On her character, Son Ye Jin said, “Yoon Se Ri is a character who, as is, just makes you feel good, and her off-the-wall characteristics will make you laugh. She breaks people’s expectations in a good way.”

“Crash Landing on You” premieres on December 14.

son-ye-jin-crash-landing-on-you-2.jpg

son-ye-jin-crash-landing-on-you-1.jpg

Source (1)

• Like 2
  • Love 4

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/629/0000004818

u9zhRks.jpg

Known as Pyongyang’s “맵짠 girl” (맵짠 literally means spicy sauce but in North Korea this refers to an exceptionally outstanding girl - the South Korean equivalent is 퀸카 ), Seo Dan is a girl with a beautiful appearance and perfect credentials. Her father is a high ranking political soldier and her mother is the President of Pyongyang’s Top-Class Departmental Store. She is a “model daughter” who has a strong ego but when it comes to love, she is pure and innocent. Seo Ji Hye said, “Though Seo Dan looks perfect on the outside, what’s most attractive about her is her inner charms of innocence and humanity. This part makes her warm, approachable and fun at the same time.” Seo Ji Hye also said, “I have always been curious about how North Korean women are like. I think through this drama, I can show various charms.”

• Like 3
  • Love 1

This post will update on various aspects.

First, re Kim Jung-hyun’s character- Goo Seung-jun 

AGU3FTy.jpg

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/468/0000597664

Kim Jung-hyun plays Goo Seung-jun, a young and rich businessman/entrepreneur who appears “like a comet” in the chaebol community. His glib-tongue and colorful rhetoric will mesmerize people. Due to a past scandal that connected them together, Goo Seung-jun will have a complicated and delicate relationship with Yoon Se-Ri. Their relationship will take a new turn as he reunites with her in North Korea.

"Goo is a person who has a strong desire to pursue what he wants to gain," said Kim Jung-Hyun. “On the other hand, he is determined not to be easily caught. So, depending on the situation, he sometimes shows various aspects of his character, which I think, is his charm.”

He also said, "Through the script, I will carefully express the different emotions that this character experiences. And I want to show you my portrayal of my role faithfully and meticulously until the end," he said, expressing his passion for acting. 

Second, this cute promo by tvN.

The BGM is Star Shower by Bye Bye Sea (별빛이 내린다, 안녕바다).

The text in the IG post - Yoon SeRi and Ri Jung Hyuk’s Heart Stopping Moment

The caption - 

What are you doing to my heart..

Because of these two people, my heart has been in a mess.

I love tvN’s drama promo haha..aigooo...tvN is messing with our hearts.

Last but not least, this place :

N7VgTcs.jpg

http://m.kado.net/?mod=news&act=articleView&idxno=999027

Looks like the idle military land in Mukgye-ri, Hoengseong, Gangwon-do has been booked for filming of Crash Landing on You till January next year. 

This place has been in the spotlight since October 2017 as the filming set for a number of movies and dramas (2 movies and 4 dramas including OCN’s Strangers from Hell and The Running Mates: Human Rights so far for this year), according to the Gangwon Film Council.

It is reported that the production team of Crash Landing on You will have 150 to 200 staff and cast everyday until January next year. The relevant production committee estimates that the drama's 200 staff spends between 8 to 10 million won daily  in the region, including lodging, meal and entertainment expenses. The site comes with ready facilities to create the set for footages of military scenes as well as ready facilities for accommodation or residence during the filming period.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2