[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

If it's SD that has her, I guess she will send her back but I feel she is working with SJ.  SJ plans are not send her back.  Whoever has her had prevents JH and his father to be prosecuted for having a sk spy.  CK needs her alive to present her to that other guy.  Another thing is how are they going to prove she is sk spy. SD has the magazine article of who she is..

Also who did SD call on the public phone?

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

1 hour ago, Dee.84 said:

On the other hand, the main villain is in NK (Oh Man Seok as Cho Cheol-gang is so good), the second leads are in NK (their characters need to develop/grow more), and the stakes are much higher in NK (life and death, the downfall of RJH's family). There is also death of RJH's brother- I hope Man Bok will finally make a choice (putting his life and family on the line)  to help RJH which will bring down the villain. So unless all the key characters go to SK, there is no reason why the story should move to SK, I think.:crazy:

My take is that the "journey" itself and developments of the characters because of their interactions with each other is  the story itself, and NK is where that happens. 

I second this! Also I can't leave those funny people behind yet- the ducklings, the ahjummas!

• Like 8
  • Love 2

45 minutes ago, RobinM said:

I guess it would hypothetically possible if he went over seas and got permission to take the Ducklings as aides or Guards. 

Same here. Although, I want the issues in NK to be resolved first (I will miss the ahjummas tho), I have a feeling at the end of ep 9 or 10 would be in SK already. I remember last week, someone posted a fantaken photo of the ducklings + Manbok in casual clothes. Not sure if it’s during filming or they were just taking a break while filming. Either way, I want JH to bring the ducklings with him in SK too. I can forget about the rest of the people in NK, especially CCK. <_<

Advantages of being in SK:

— Seri can help JH & his ducklings with anything (accommodation, money, clothing ain’t a problem ayyy)

— CCK isn’t there and even if he follows, it’s not his territory and he can’t bring his whole brigade + trucks of doom :rolleyes:

— We get to see JH adjusting to a different lifestyle and oh, more of cute & JEALOUS JH cos Seri has a lot of “men” in Seoul

— Seri gets to be chairwoman of her dad’s company (hopefully)

— JH protecting Seri from her brothers

— Seri introducing JH as her boyfriend (since she dropped the I love you already, let’s make it official)

— JH (and his ducklings) will get to bond with Seri’s assistants (Mr. Hong and the other guy, forgot his name) this would be so cuuute, I want!!

— Seri becoming JH and his ducklings’ stylist (doubt this would happen but I’m here for it. Imagine them in SK style fashion omg)

— Seri playing JH’s song in front of him (I believe she has a piano in her house)

— Seri gets to reunite with stepmom. (I’m curious about how their relationship will improve)

— Ducklings will get to experience the modern and comfortable life (especially Eundong ㅠㅠ)

— Jumeok can dine with his favorite Choi Jiwoo

— Pyo Chisu going crazy with all the different shampoo & conditioner selections in SK (another PPL of HB’s Dr.ForHair)

(I listed it as advantages but in all honesty, these are really just the scenes that I dream to watch lol)

• Like 8
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, tiMadam said:

Also who did SD call on the public phone?

I think that she called RJH’ dad to schedule a meeting with him.

5 minutes ago, tiMadam said:

If it's SD that has her, I guess she will send her back but I feel she is working with SJ.  SJ plans are not send her back

I think that SD is working in parallel (in separate) with SJ and JH’s dad. 

I don’t think that SD knows where is SR been kept captive by JH’s dad (I think that he is the one who sent those men). 

About SJ, I think that he could end helping SR. He let JH return whitout issues so I don’t think that he is really a bad guy. And since he noticed that both of them truly love each other, maybe he will change to the good side. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

So, I was thinking about possible happy endings to this drama, and I wondered whether perhaps Se Ri could get special status to go back and forth between countries? She could set up a factory in NK as an economic development perhaps? In RL, the SK government is always pushing for SK conglomerates to form economic ventures in NK in the hopes of creating further bridges between the countries and strongarms chaebol leaders into joining the official delegation for talks and meetings.

If Se Ri could get such special status, she could stay in touch with the village women and the Ducklings as well as being with JH. I would think that JH would have to leave the military, but he might be even encouraged to marry SR then in order to keep SR's ventures firmly involved in NK. I know that this isn't realistic, but this is a drama, and not necessarily RL. I was trying to think of something that wasn't complete and utter fantasy as a way of allowing the OTP to stay together, and not by occasionally meeting furtively in Switzerland, having major political changes such as reunification, or having JH and his entire family become defectors to SK.I say having JH and his family defect because I can't imagine that JH would allow his parents to suffer because he chooses to defect. Some joint ventures and some inroads into the NK economy seems more credible than reunification or the entire family defecting.

But, this is just idle speculation on my part. I didn't guess the ending for MLFTS right either. :D

or we can go the mlfts way of a half and half, and do the “yearly family meetups at the dmz” with SeRi and her child.. but I would cry some buckets if that happened. :tears:

I like the Switzerland idea.. since Seri will probably unlock JH’s piano playing again, he could go back to his past life there and she could be based in Switzerland and Seoul too, managing biz ops from Switzerland..

or somehow Dan and her will team up (after Dan falls in love with SJ, who will probably be happy too since he’s a “businessman” and can finally say he’s in Pyongyang “for beeeshnizz”) for real haha. I don’t know, the fact that both Dan and Seri are in the fashion industry has to speak of something, lol. That would give weight to your own ideas of SeRi having a special pass to NK. 

@kriswu dying at Pyo ChiSu potential shampoo PPL hahahah. His wrecked drunken hair post-blabbermouth was hilarious.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I can't believe this drama is actually making me de-lurk.

Some random thoughts:

1. I really can't imagine how they could end this happily. The only way may be for both of them to re-locate to Switzerland. With what she has gone through and learning what makes her happy, Se-Ri would probably be ready to leave South Korea and her business behind. It will be more difficult for RJH. One way could be that what they find out about the CCK, the watch and how his antique-trading implicates the NK establishment (eg, paying for their apartments) makes him such a liability but they can't kill him because the information is public. So the only thing they can do is to ship him quietly off to Switzerland.

2. I don't think RJH or YSR believe at this stage that they could be together in the long term. Politically impossible. I know some other members have suggested that YSR's chasing after him in the car shows that she changed her mind and wanted to stay with him. She only wanted to make sure that he didn't freeze to death in the snow. And RJH knew that even if she left the house with him, what he needed to do was to get her out of NK.

3. At this stage, the way for YSR to protect RJH is NOT to accept his help to escape. SJ's analysis of the situation was true - if RJH helped her to successfully leave, RJH's life would be in danger. Eg, we know that if she had boarded the plane for the competition, but then disappeared from the delegation, RJH would face consequences. His father already warned him that he had no intention of protecting him.

4. The choice of Switzerland as where they met is not random. Switzerland as a neutral location for NK elites is not without precedent. The current NK leader Kim Jong-un is widely believed to be have spent two years in boarding school in Bern. Kim Il-Sung's son (ie, current NK leader's uncle) has been exiled as a diplomat to multiple Europeans countries.

5. Final thought - Has anyone noticed that the song "The Song You and I used to sing together" has two different versions? One sung by a male (used in Ep 3) and one sung by female (used in Ep 8)? I suppose this is supposed to suggest a RJH and a YSR version. All the OSTs have been so sad, that I hope it doesn't portend a sad ending.

• Like 13

There is one solution for both of JH and Seri is that his brother already had a secret family under 11 Division, he had his own son and in the end, the son will come back to follow family career. 

Seri helped JH them to investigate the Military Director's team and they was all get caught. JH will be released for his piano passion. They all back to Switzerland for happily ever after.

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

9977bd27832ade90d7863f5ea1d3204543fed421

13 hours ago, sussieh said:

Hahaha welcome to the club... :love: for me he has the whole package, charns, looks and talented (common! With CLOY I even discovered that he plays piano! :heart:).  HB has been my long time k-drama crush hahaha... and those dimples when he smiles... :blush:

:)@sussieh

i can't believe myself doing that marathon, last nite i finished swindlers, confidential assignment & i wanna watch his other old one come rain, come shine - he's been my crush but i must admit i didn't watch him with SHK in that drama worlds within for some reason i just got sooo busy w/other kdramas at that time oopps (traitor huh) LOL  yup those dimples i agree it just melts my heart :heart:not only that his talent in playing the piano! woah SYJ..is lucky to have a man like him & HB too to hv a girl like SYJ!

anyway gosh this thread is just unstoppable, i was just absent for a few hrs & it's just building like crazy hahaha.

@Keroppi @SSSYwelcome on board to the comrade thread of CLOY! :) the more the merrier!

@thanie indeed, no way would they be allowed to film in NK :( but Mongolia seems to have a nice mountainous places & who wld've thot it's not in Korea for that matter eh?

@peggygordon i'm sure some of you have been to SK? I have been a few yrs ago with my eonni & both of us are Kdrama addicts hence we had the urge to visit their beautiful country of SK! Yes if you comrades haven't been, what are you waiting for? I wish/hope we cld go back & this time if we're lucky, I wanna meet HB/SYJ in the flesh :) that'll be a great vacation if it happens :w00t:

9977bd27832ade90d7863f5ea1d3204543fed421

cr: loveisactivated tumblr

541e87c387774a51432e623057cfcd12969a5100

cr: kojiseok tumblr

67684cb87616e1163b957f53cc165b9c3dab89c3

cr:kdramanewbie

funny how she's asking about his first love hahaha

Spoiler

163820dde469d205d6fae6030a38bb298d27baaf

cr: kdramanewbie

4806894b45a026bb16032d3d0f7ba8fdf485ee85

lol he cldn'd answer hahaha

cr: kdramanewbie

30fc39bbe197313e4702191c064c5dd99f3adc60

• Like 9
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Finally finished episode 7 and 8, here is my two cents.

1. SR was unable to board the plane

Spoiler

When SR was unable to board the plane, there was a passport with a photo of her (under her alias: Choi Samsuk). I wonder whether it would have negative consequences to RJH’s father since the delegates said that this woman was recommended by him.

2. The arrangement for his brother

Spoiler

Wow, never have I ever thought the writer would use the arrangement for JH’s brother as SR’s consolation. I know it’s cliche, but I am eating it! I think the revelation would happen in SK instead of NK where things are easier for JH.

3. The kiss and its options

Spoiler

I actually needed to watch it multiple times to understand the meaning behind the options given by SR. I wish JH was more straightforward. 

4. Do you think SR is aware that JH comes from an influential family?

I know this one is a bit unnecessary, she was only shown to eavesdrop the conversation around her. She hasn’t confronted this matter to JH. Therefore, I am curious whether she is aware of this fact.

5. JH’s confession vs SR’s I Love You

Spoiler

These two scenes are the highlights from both episodes. I was delighted when JH told SD that he likes SR. I was hoping that he said something to break off their engagement by meeting both parents :D. Meanwhile, SR’s confession is a great way to end an episode. Under an impression that it was her last moment, she wished him well and said those words. She, who always beats around the bush, decided to say I love you at the very last moment. 

7. The watch and its importance

Spoiler

I think the watch was used for a tracking/bugging device by Oh man suk (sorry I couldn’t bother to remember the evil guy’s name). I remember in the earlier episode when he has a discussion with the Rat guy, the Rat guy mentioned that the new device doesn’t really need to be installed in a close proximity. So, I believe they put a bugging device on the watch to track RJM. Thus, it’s important to get a hand on the watch. 

6. Things that I don’t like

Spoiler

There are too many fillers. While I was watching, I felt like the episodes were too long. I couldn’t careless about the ahjummas and SD’s mom. I’ve found their scenes did not really contribute to the main story line. Sorry to say, I skipped the whole, I am looking for an apartment for my daughter. Seriously, the segment is about 10 minutes :ph34r:

Also, I feel like almost all supporting characters are one dimensional. I tried to tolerate them, but the writer has not explored the why, when, how, what. We know who the bad guy is, but what is his primary motive? Is it really power? Why did he kill RJM? Why did he choose to be a bad guy? What triggered him? Similar questions could be directed to SJ. He is a con man, but why??? How??? Even we still don’t know SR’s background story.

I hope the drama picks up its pace this week.

7. Things that I want to watch :wub:

Spoiler

- Seri in Seoul. I am sick of NK’s scenes and it’s going nowhere.

- RJH finds the watch.

- RJH’s father and SR’s father help SE to return to SK. I don’t think JH will be able to do it on his own. There are too many stakes now.

- RJH and the ducklings in SK.

Edit:

A simple thing that I really love: A mutual understanding between SR and RJH. I love that both leads are not jerks and good people :wub:. They don’t force each other to choose. When SR said she’s going to marry that guy on paper to return to SK, JH understood her decision. Additionally, the hug at the end of this segment is like an answer to her request (episode 6). 

The last scene of episode 8 is by far the most impactful scene for me. The acting, the editing, the background, and the song fit perfectly. Seriously, I just want the best for them.

A top comment from naver:

BEST작가 나와.. 잘 들어 시청자는 암만 막장 같아도 해피 엔딩 좋아해 그러니까 같이 탈북을 하든 뭘 해서든 해피로 만들어.. 다음 생을 만들어서라도 무조건 해피야... 상상력에 맡기거나 애매하게 하거나 슬프게 하면 가만 안 둬... 우리 인생 슬프니까 드라마는 좀 해피하자...

And another one:

나참 살다살다 송블리때문에 드라마까지 찾아서 보네. 근 15년만에 처음으로 드라마도 보고 생전 처음으로 트로트도 들어보고 처음으로 멜론도 가입해서 음악도 들어보고 평소 클릭도 안 하던 연예 기사를 틈나는 대로 확인하고 송블리 만난 다음에 인생이 내 뜻대로 흘러가질 않네. 그래도 기분 좋은 삶의 전환이니 기쁘게 받아들여야지. 노래하나로 이렇게 사람 인생 바꿔놓은 송블리 님 항상 응원하고 잘되시기를 기도합니다.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1

5 hours ago, Dee.84 said:

Been lurking and reading most of the posts but the thread is moving fast it is hard to keep up. Just want to share my thoughts on the drama that we all love.:)

For me, Seri's  return to SK  marks the beginning of the end of the series because  there is practically nothing for her in SK, well except "Seri's Choice". Her issues with her family can be easily resolved upon her return to SK. Taking from the first ep, it seems that she knows how to handle them.

On the other hand, the main villain is in NK (Oh Man Seok as Cho Cheol-gang is so good), the second leads are in NK (their characters need to develop/grow more), and the stakes are much higher in NK (life and death, the downfall of RJH's family). There is also death of RJH's brother- I hope Man Bok will finally make a choice (putting his life and family on the line)  to help RJH which will bring down the villain. So unless all the key characters go to SK, there is no reason why the story should move to SK, I think.:crazy:

My take is that the "journey" itself and developments of the characters because of their interactions with each other is  the story itself, and NK is where that happens.

Now that you mentioned it, the charm, characters and major conflicts that make up the heart of the series really do reside in NK. The ducklings, ahjummas, villain, the Rat, the brother's mysterious death, and even GSJ are waaaay more entertaining to watch than Seri's conniving brothers and in-laws.

I honestly fast forward all the SK scenes hahahaha. Maybe its going to be a bit more fun if RHJ and Seri are in SK but it's never going to be the same. The writer has already built a uniquely fantastic world in NK that will make SK pale in comparison. Also, we've already watched so many dramas set in all-too-familiar SK.

I am even open to an ending where Seri will be adopted by NK. This is a kdrama after all, not real life. Wouldn't it be a riot if Seri gets an audience with a fictional Kim Jong Un and turn into full CEO mode, the way she does with the ducklings GSJ and his "babysitter" :wub: "Okay Mr. Kim, you may speak." The North Korean dictator wouldn't stand a chance. :DB)

NOTE: I am looking forward to an un-injured RJH, especially his face. :kiss_wink: Let's go back the those movie star good looks real quick because his current lip injury is not good for kissing scenes hehehe.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, INeedAFan said:

7. The watch and its importance

Hide contents

I think the watch was used for a tracking/bugging device by Oh man suk (sorry I couldn’t bother to remember the evil guy’s name). I remember in the earlier episode when he has a discussion with the Rat guy, the Rat guy mentioned that the new device doesn’t really need to be installed in a close proximity. So, I believe they put a bugging device on the watch to track RJM. Thus, it’s important to get a hand on the watch. 

I think the watch didn't have a tracking device Because if it does have a tracking device Jo Cheol Kang would be able to trace its whereabouts which its being held at the pawnshop. And at the previous eisode he clearly dont know where its is. Hence he is looking desperately for the watch. It must have a recording device camera or audio installed inside the watch which would contain evidence of Jo Cheol Kang's wrong doings thats why its very important that he finds it and dispose it before Captain Ri finds it. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1